Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
the little marla
you're not getting cold fins now? are ya!

Whispering Canyon Breakfast ??

Searched for some info on this but it's pretty limited and nothing that recent, we're looking for some new breakfast options and saw the menu for WC and thought it looked pretty good. My family and I went here when i was a teen and i really didn't enjoy the antics at the time (believe it was for dinner) but i don't mind 50's PT.. so, is breakfast more laid back in terms of their behavior, is the food good.. any and all comments appreciated

May 2013 Dining Report! June 2012 DDP Dining Report!

December '13 off site May '13 Pop/off site + 4nights Disney Dream June '12 Pop November '11 Disneyland for our honeymoon! May '11 4 nights on the Dream! + Poly!
August '10 Pop August '09 Pop/3 night Wonder Cruise! and ENGAGED IN DISNEY! 8.24.09! January '09 AS Movies
1986-2009 at least 1 trip per year, contemporary,pop,coronado springs, off site[/SIZE]
the little marla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
topmonkeygirl
DIS Veteran

We go here for breakfast almost every trip. The food is really good, and if you don't want the antics just let the server know. They are pretty good about reading people. We're not into the antics happening to us but we like to watch what goes on around the restaurant. You won't be diappointed going here.

It really is a "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow".
topmonkeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

We ate breakfast there earlier this month. The only antics were the waiter dropping a small bunch of straws on the table are casually tossing out the little napkins. Otherwise he played it straight. He was really nice, too. And the breakfast was very good. I even got gluten free Mickey waffles.

Another table had some kids around the age of ten or so, and the waitress had them collecting and delivering ketchup to another table. It was cute. And the boys were very serious about it. You could tell that the family enjoyed it.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:06 PM   #4
starousse
DIS Veteran

Our breakfast was very disappointing. The place was empty, and we still had to wait twenty minutes to be seated. No antics whatsoever and a very unfriendly waitress. My husband ordered an omelette and I ordered the all you can eat skillet in which I planned on sharing with my three year old daughter who hardly eats. The waitress sighed and said "you really aren't allowed to do that", disappeared for a half hour and then came back and practically threw it on our table. We weren't feelin the magic.
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #5
the little marla
you're not getting cold fins now? are ya!

thanks for the feedback! i might make a ressie and see how we feel closer to the day!

May 2013 Dining Report! June 2012 DDP Dining Report!

December '13 off site May '13 Pop/off site + 4nights Disney Dream June '12 Pop November '11 Disneyland for our honeymoon! May '11 4 nights on the Dream! + Poly!
August '10 Pop August '09 Pop/3 night Wonder Cruise! and ENGAGED IN DISNEY! 8.24.09! January '09 AS Movies
1986-2009 at least 1 trip per year, contemporary,pop,coronado springs, off site[/SIZE]
the little marla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #6
pl4bby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse
Our breakfast was very disappointing. The place was empty, and we still had to wait twenty minutes to be seated. No antics whatsoever and a very unfriendly waitress. My husband ordered an omelette and I ordered the all you can eat skillet in which I planned on sharing with my three year old daughter who hardly eats. The waitress sighed and said "you really aren't allowed to do that", disappeared for a half hour and then came back and practically threw it on our table. We weren't feelin the magic.
You aren't allowed. She wasn't being rude, but correct. Sharing is for under 3, not 3 and under.
pl4bby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #7
fairyprincess88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl4bby View Post
You aren't allowed. She wasn't being rude, but correct. Sharing is for under 3, not 3 and under.
Actually the waitress was not correct. Whispering Canyon is not a buffet or family style place for breakfast. You pay for what you order and there is no rule that says you have to purchase a meal for everyone sitting at the table. It is no different than going to a local diner at home and feeding your child bites off your plate instead of getting them their own order. At buffets and family style places then yes the under 3 rule is valid but at a place where you order off menu, there is no rule about everyone needing to purchase their own meal.
fairyprincess88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #8
mom2of2
Let the good times strolllllll!
Don't we just get tickeled at the smallest things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairyprincess88

Actually the waitress was not correct. Whispering Canyon is not a buffet or family style place for breakfast. You pay for what you order and there is no rule that says you have to purchase a meal for everyone sitting at the table. It is no different than going to a local diner at home and feeding your child bites off your plate instead of getting them their own order. At buffets and family style places then yes the under 3 rule is valid but at a place where you order off menu, there is no rule about everyone needing to purchase their own meal.
No. The PP was correct. You can't share the skillet with someone 3 or older.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: