Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 01:55 PM   #16
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandj View Post
Stayed in a Royal Room near the pool. A person was leaf blowing at 7:30 in the morning waking my whole family up. She continued even after me yelling "We're sleeping!" twice. Was our only day to sleep in. Not magical!
If you could hear the leaf blower in your room, what makes you think that she could hear you yell??? Surely (1) your voice isn't quite that loud, or (2) she was wearing protective headphones. All you did was aggravate yourself.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #17
jlk806
DanceDisneyGirl

We always dealt with a lot of noise when we used to stay at POP. Now we are DVC and stay deluxe and have never had any issues with noise at Kidani and BCV. AoA was quiet too. I believe its the interior hallways, people are more likely to be really loud when outdoors then in. I know some comment that they hear a lot of noise in the interior hallways at the deluxes but we have never heard any noise in any of our rooms at Kidani (3 stays) and BCV(1 stay).
Pop Century April 2006 - Pop Century August 200 - Pop Century September 2009 - Pop Century/Animal Kingdom Villa Kidani - Aug/Sept 2010!! - Last minute girls trip Caribbean Beach - July 2011! - Pop Century / Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani - Aug/ Sept 2011!! - Art Of Animation / Beach Club Villas / Kidani Village- Aug/Sept 2012!
Wilderness Lodge Villas/Beach Club Villas - Aug 2013!!
Pop Century - Quick Pre-Christmas trip - December 2013!
Beach Club Villas - June 2014 leading up to Disney Cruise July!

jlk806 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #18
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Stayed in a Royal Room near the pool. A person was leaf blowing at 7:30 in the morning waking my whole family up. She continued even after me yelling "We're sleeping!" twice. Was our only day to sleep in. Not magical!
What did you hope to gain by yelling at her? Obviously she is getting paid to do a job, and she has to do that job. Did you call the front desk or stop by to voice your complaint? That would be more productive that yelling at someone for doing their job.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #19
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
I've never found the exterior noise at the resorts that noticeable (except for noisy guests directly outside the room). The leaf blowing/ weed whacking/ mowing has to be done some time. And they want to minimize the amount done when most of the guests are out and about and on the walkways.

You may not like the early morning noise. But I think you would like being possibly hit by flying debris even less.
Wouldn't you think that by 10:30 AM most resort guests aren't even there anymore?

AliceIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #20
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
Wouldn't you think that by 10:30 AM most resort guests aren't even there anymore?
I'm not the person you quoted, but I want to answer. I would guess many people have already gone to the parks by 10:30. But I would also guess many people are already up by 7:30 getting ready for their day at the parks.

It would be interesting though to find out if WDW has any official quiet hours at the resorts. As far as them doing their work goes.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #21
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I'm not the person you quoted, but I want to answer. I would guess many people have already gone to the parks by 10:30. But I would also guess many people are already up by 7:30 getting ready for their day at the parks.

It would be interesting though to find out if WDW has any official quiet hours at the resorts. As far as them doing their work goes.
I was referring to the possibility of being hit by debris. I would think there would be more out and about at 7:30 because of those wanting to get an early start. If they were leaf blowing to avoid hitting somebody, I'd think 10:30 would be a better time.

AliceIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #22
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
Sure. I'd also think that at 10:30 the CM had an assignment that couldn't be done at 7:30.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #23
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom

If you could hear the leaf blower in your room, what makes you think that she could hear you yell??? Surely (1) your voice isn't quite that loud, or (2) she was wearing protective headphones. All you did was aggravate yourself.
Exactly.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #24
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think 7:30 was too early. Campgrounds usually have quiet hours from 8:00 AM to either 10:00 or 11:00 PM.

To answer a PP's post, Disney, as far as I know, doesn't have "quiet hours" so you roll with it.

My resort pet peeve? People who yell "we're sleeping" at 7:30 AM.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:27 PM   #25
ktlm
DIS Veteran

A long time ago, I spent my honeymoon in a standard room at WL over the service area where every morning before 7:00 a.m. we were awoken by the back up beeps of trucks and trash bins being picked up and slammed down. I think resorts just do what they need to do, and sometimes you wind up in the unlucky spot where it affects you.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:28 PM   #26
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

A few years ago during a night of not being able to sleep, I ended up walking around the bulk of POP property at around 430 or 5, maybe a little later than that, I don't remember exact times. I can tell you a lot of guests were already up, either getting coffee from the food court or some were jogging around the walking path. They were also working on the grounds at that time, driving around on their golf carts and all sorts of stuff. It's Disney, the goal is that you don't notice work going on (as much as possible) so obviously they're going to do it when people are either asleep or not around. They'll do the quiet stuff while the bulk of people are asleep and the noisier stuff when they think people will be up or already in the parks. At Disney, that's going to be a lot earlier than what you're used to at home.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #27
gogo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlm View Post
A long time ago, I spent my honeymoon in a standard room at WL over the service area where every morning before 7:00 a.m. we were awoken by the back up beeps of trucks and trash bins being picked up and slammed down. I think resorts just do what they need to do, and sometimes you wind up in the unlucky spot where it affects you.

We had one of these rooms and I remember the noise starting around 6:00 a.m. I went to the front desk and asked for another room. We were told there were none. This was quite a few years ago. If I encountered that problem again, I would be more insistent on being moved. I understand a standard view but the noise in those rooms were kind of unacceptable. I've stayed at WL after that trip and booked a courtyard view.
gogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #28
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
and possibly wake up the neighbors who managed to sleep thru the leaf blower

the deluxe rooms seem to have better soundproofing

I wasn't thrilled a few years ago when I discovered our value room was across parking lot from a bus garage...they start the engines very early.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #29
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk806 View Post
We always dealt with a lot of noise when we used to stay at POP. Now we are DVC and stay deluxe and have never had any issues with noise at Kidani and BCV. AoA was quiet too. I believe its the interior hallways, people are more likely to be really loud when outdoors then in. I know some comment that they hear a lot of noise in the interior hallways at the deluxes but we have never heard any noise in any of our rooms at Kidani (3 stays) and BCV(1 stay).
It's interesting that we found the noise in the interior hallways to be worse. Last year at the BC, we had a family in the room next to us that allowed their children to act like wild animals. They were all screaming and banging something against the walls late at night, early in the morning and as they left the room in the morning, they continued screaming and running up and down the hallways. We put up with it the first night but by the second night, my DH marched over to the concierge desk (we were staying CL) to complain. Needless to say, they received a knock on the door and we didn't hear a peep the rest of our stay. Had this happen over at AKL as well (running up and down the halls).
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #30
JustCallMeMommy
DIS Veteran

I would imagine that they chose 7:30 because they wanted to get the leaves off the sidewalks just before the peak morning-sidewalk usage time.

That is also the kind of thing that should pass pretty quickly. I would have put a pillow over my head and waited her out.

JustCallMeMommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: