Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #31
laurenvic1312959
Mouseketeer

Yeah it was so nice to get a message on here, i got all excited hah
The booking of the yacht would definitely be stressfull but i guess i could come up with a back up plan just in case. For me i guess taking everyone for a meal at the calafornia grill then watching the fireworks would be just as nice (even though it would cost everyone 2 dining tokens)
That's nice you know you'll be getting some help with cost of it all, we might get some help from our parents but nothings set in stone so we're preapring to pay for it all just in case. I would definitely wear my dress at the home reception
I'm just gonna hope that everyone will get organsied and book the right dates haha, I can't let myself get too stressed about it haha, if i did i don't think i'd be able to cope. All my family are fine with our wedding plans but only about 15 of our friends and family in total will be able to come, how many do you think will be in your wedding party? x

Me, Lauren (21) and DF Adam (27)
1997, 1998, 2003, 2008 and 2011 - Off site
Me and my DF as a bridesmaid and best man at a DFTW! A Jan 2013 TR Complete!

laurenvic1312959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #32
FairytaleBelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Daydream View Post
I'm doing an escape wedding and I am not really worried about the eight month mark. It is annoying to have to wait, but I am just telling people what week we are going to be married. With all the available time slots, I know I will get a day within the week we are there and I don't have my heart set on a particular date. The plus side of the escape for me is the guest limit. I had a lot of family bash our decision to go to Disney and flat out say they refuse to come. We decided then on escape and we refuse to change just because unsupportive people are changing their minds and saying how unique and fun our wedding sounds and that they would love to come.
Haha that's so good, standing your ground- anyone not willing to support you from the start doesn't deserve to be at your wedding.

Yeah i guess that is true and flying from the UK most would stay for a week or so anyway- im just an excessive planner (in my head !) and so not having a set date until the 8 month mark would wind me up...I also don't like that Wishes get first bite of the apple so to say with the wedding pavilion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenvic1312959 View Post
Yeah it was so nice to get a message on here, i got all excited hah
The booking of the yacht would definitely be stressfull but i guess i could come up with a back up plan just in case. For me i guess taking everyone for a meal at the calafornia grill then watching the fireworks would be just as nice (even though it would cost everyone 2 dining tokens)
That's nice you know you'll be getting some help with cost of it all, we might get some help from our parents but nothings set in stone so we're preapring to pay for it all just in case. I would definitely wear my dress at the home reception
I'm just gonna hope that everyone will get organsied and book the right dates haha, I can't let myself get too stressed about it haha, if i did i don't think i'd be able to cope. All my family are fine with our wedding plans but only about 15 of our friends and family in total will be able to come, how many do you think will be in your wedding party? x
Ha I'm glad it worked and I'm glad i sent it, must admit getting my first reply was nice !
Yeah that's fair enough..to be honest i think a disney wedding would definitely me cheaper for me than a home one just because of all those random people i'd have to invite at home, looking at 200 in comparison to this nice peachy 30 - I am pretty sure 10 of the 13 i invite would come...but of my boyfriends side...it could only be 2, makes me feel bad but he doesn't seem to care? it could another 4, anymore than that unlikely but i guess potentially another 4 making 20 which screws up the grand 1 plans and the escape package eek ! x
FairytaleBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 01:25 AM   #33
laurenvic1312959
Mouseketeer

Yeah it will definitely be cheaper for me as well. Oh dear, well I think I read somewhere (don't quote me though) that you can pay a little extra to extend to a couple more guests with the Escape package. I thinks it's silly to not give people any option to extend it so I hope it's true well as long as he's happy with who's going then I wouldn't worry yourself about it too much I've only invited around 20 people in total, one f them already can't make it and I'm sure some other people won't be able to either so it hopefully will figure out right in the end, fingers crossed x

Me, Lauren (21) and DF Adam (27)
1997, 1998, 2003, 2008 and 2011 - Off site
Me and my DF as a bridesmaid and best man at a DFTW! A Jan 2013 TR Complete!

laurenvic1312959 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: