Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #1
calismic
Mouseketeer

DCL Transfers from MCO

So I'm in a bit of a pickle. My father-in-law booked our entire cruise through a TA. Unfortunately she refuses to return any phone calls and I haven't been able to get a hold of her for two weeks. We leave on the 14th and I would really like to get our transfers squared away. Disney will not add them over the phone because of the TA, despite the fact that I have all the information. =( If worse comes to worse, are we able to add the transfers directly at the airport? We arrive the night before and our PAT is 11am. I'd prefer not to rent a car as I'd like to start the vacation off relaxing, not driving. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them. Thanks!
calismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
SleepyDeb
Mouseketeer

Wow. That's awful. Is there someone higher up in the TA's company you could contact ? Have you tried both phone and email. I'd be pretty annoyed in your situation. If she or he on vacation or out sick, someone should be covering their messages.
SleepyDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
Pooh001
Mouseketeer

I live in Orlando and have used Orlando Limousine - maybe you could request a van for pick up at airport. Used them for proms and they were great ! Hope that helps
Pooh001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #4
Heyriddle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismic
So I'm in a bit of a pickle. My father-in-law booked our entire cruise through a TA. Unfortunately she refuses to return any phone calls and I haven't been able to get a hold of her for two weeks. We leave on the 14th and I would really like to get our transfers squared away. Disney will not add them over the phone because of the TA, despite the fact that I have all the information. =( If worse comes to worse, are we able to add the transfers directly at the airport? We arrive the night before and our PAT is 11am. I'd prefer not to rent a car as I'd like to start the vacation off relaxing, not driving. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them. Thanks!
Luxotranso.com has reasonable rates depending on the size of your party...or find a family to split with you. DCL transfers are $35 per person each way, so a shuttle company maybe a cheaper option and you won't have to worry about driving, filling up e gas tank, and returning the car.

2005 Disney Magic Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2008 Disney Wonder Bahamas Double Dip 4-Night
2011 Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 7-Night
Heyriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #5
lin7
DIS Veteran

I actually called DCL number today as well to tried to add the transfer as my TA is not in this weekend. She told me we had up to three days prior to the cruise to add it. She also told me that if we can't get in contact with the TA, than to go right to the DCL check in at the airport and they can do it for you. I question her on this, since it didn't make sense that you can only add it up to 3 days prior, and she told me she is 100% sure that we would be able to add it at the airport and the bill would be added to our on board account on the cruise.

Regardless I still will be adding it with my TA come Monday. But she seem quite certain that I would be able to add it once I land at Orlando airport.
lin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #6
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lin7 View Post
I actually called DCL number today as well to tried to add the transfer as my TA is not in this weekend. She told me we had up to three days prior to the cruise to add it. She also told me that if we can't get in contact with the TA, than to go right to the DCL check in at the airport and they can do it for you. I question her on this, since it didn't make sense that you can only add it up to 3 days prior, and she told me she is 100% sure that we would be able to add it at the airport and the bill would be added to our on board account on the cruise.

Regardless I still will be adding it with my TA come Monday. But she seem quite certain that I would be able to add it once I land at Orlando airport.
I thought you no longer can check in for cruises at the airport? Is there still a DCL check in desk at MCO?
Old 02-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #7
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyriddle View Post
Luxotranso.com has reasonable rates depending on the size of your party...or find a family to split with you. DCL transfers are $35 per person each way, so a shuttle company maybe a cheaper option and you won't have to worry about driving, filling up e gas tank, and returning the car.
You will need to post a valid url of the website you are mentioning to make sure the company passes thru the DISboard filters.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #8
Heyriddle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill

You will need to post a valid url of the website you are mentioning to make sure the company passes thru the DISboard filters.
Oops. Sorry. I've never posted a URL before. Thanks for the info.

2005 Disney Magic Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2008 Disney Wonder Bahamas Double Dip 4-Night
2011 Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 7-Night
Heyriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #9
calismic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyDeb View Post
Wow. That's awful. Is there someone higher up in the TA's company you could contact ? Have you tried both phone and email. I'd be pretty annoyed in your situation. If she or he on vacation or out sick, someone should be covering their messages.
I found out she's a local AAA agent, so I am going to her office tomorrow. I have left FOUR voicemails and one message with her manager and still nothing. She wasn't out of town, so shes either being lazy or feels I'm not important enough to call back. I may not have been in charge of booking but that makes me no less livid. Her professional behavior is inexcusable. I certainly won't recommend booking via AAA anytime soon. My FIL doesn't even have his paperwork yet which he was promised at 30 days out.
calismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #10
mammacaryn
Don't be a JERK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismic View Post
I found out she's a local AAA agent, so I am going to her office tomorrow. I have left FOUR voicemails and one message with her manager and still nothing. She wasn't out of town, so shes either being lazy or feels I'm not important enough to call back. I may not have been in charge of booking but that makes me no less livid. Her professional behavior is inexcusable. I certainly won't recommend booking via AAA anytime soon. My FIL doesn't even have his paperwork yet which he was promised at 30 days out.
Sounds like you are dealing with a AAA office with bad management. I personally have always used AAA, and I get better deals(OBC, refunds etc) in our area than some of the most mentioned agencies on this board.(AAA does not offer everything the same everyplace) It's really too bad, and I would complain as high up as you can go, but please realize it isn't AAA as a whole that has done bad by you.

January 2009 Disney Wonder-Bahamas
March 2010 Disney Magic-Western Caribbean
March 2011 Disney Dream-Bahamas

mammacaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #11
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismic View Post
Sounds like our AAA office. I booked our 1st DCL cruise with them. Never again. I had to go in person to make our final payment then go back again to pick up our documents. Later I found out (after I found my current TA in TX) that she could have had DCL send the docs directly by mail to my house. Instead I had to spend my Sat morning trekking to the office again when I should have been packing. They must think this is some idea of "personalized" service. I found it a PITA. Why not at least ask the client which they prefer?
Now that I've had my TA a while, I feel like AAA is the Walmart of TAs.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #12
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
I thought you no longer can check in for cruises at the airport? Is there still a DCL check in desk at MCO?
Correct that you cannot check-in for the cruise at MCO anymore, however there is still a DCL transfers check-in and I would assume that was the intent.

I have also heard (never tried) that it's possible to add transfers from MCO to PC day-of cruise. You'd want to collect your luggage and bring along since you won't have luggage tags.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:29 PM   #13
nabi
Home at Disney often!

Ok, I read the second line then thought "and you're staying with this TA for what reason"?

I'd change TA's for sure, then handle all that you need to do, with professional service you deserve.
nabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #14
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabi View Post
Ok, I read the second line then thought "and you're staying with this TA for what reason"?

I'd change TA's for sure, then handle all that you need to do, with professional service you deserve.
Unfortunately, it's not usually that simple. A TA "owns" the reservation and it can only be transferred (to another TA or to DCL) with their permission - which some aren't keen to do because they lose the commission.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #15
Turtlemom
Mouseketeer

So our family of 4 is cruising on the Fantasy in late March, but I have not arranged transfers from MCO to PC yet. Does it make sense to take the disney transportation??? (Is it $36 pp each way??) Or would it be less expensive to take a limo service or rental for the 4 of us.

Just wondering, if anyone has any experience or advice on this.
Thanks in advance!!!

Turtlemom

P.S. Good luck with the nonresponsive TA. That sounds so frustrating!!!!!!
Turtlemom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: