Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran
 
wallawallakids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,569

Fantasy??

Hi. We are looking at booking a cruise while on board the Magic this April. The cruise I am looking at is on the Fantasy. Does anyone have a recommendation on rooms? I am thinking of booking two 8A or two 7A connecting rooms. I know a lot will depend on availability but I like the idea of those rooms. They seem to have a bit more space to them, is that correct? There are 6 of us so more space is always a plus! Are the 8A's a bit bigger than the 8B/C? I know they are sideways so they look bigger but maybe that is an illusion? I am looking at a 7 nt cruise so I want to make sure I pick a nice room for it. As far as an ocean view or veranda, thoughts? I think the larger verandas, for whatever reason, seem to be a great price vs. standard veranda. Is that because they are at the back of the boat? The rooms are the same size, is that right?
Also when booking on board it is 10% off, 10% down and 200 OBB credit for sailings of 7 nights. Is that right? Lastly, if you book two rooms is it still only one OBB credit? Thanks so much!
__________________
(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
Meghatron
DIS Veteran
 
Meghatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,718

7As on the Dream/Fantasy are not anything like the 7As on the Magic/Wonder. The latter is a partially enclosed verandah (open air porthole) specifically designed to be that way, including theming. The 7As on the Dream class ships are classified that way because the verandahs are undersized and/or obstructed, but without the intentional design and theming of the true Navigator's Verandah on the Magic class ships.

The OBB credit is per room, as each room has its own reservation number.
__________________
Me DH DD (5) DS (2)
Disneyland Annual Passholder; eloped in Snow White's Grotto
Castaway Club Gold; miss having DCL in our backyard!
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran
 
dr&momto2boys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,534

We have booked connecting aft balconies (7192 and 7194) on deck 7 of the Fantasy in September. I am soooo looking forward to it! I think they are cat 5E but I'm not sure (not well versed in that.) I am so looking forward to a big balcony where they can remove the divider. Also aft balconies have a great view in port and are less windy. I do plan to spend a lot of time here, because I'll have a 3 month old to hang out with and a 2 year old that will go to bed early. I also like that the Oceaneers club is just two decks down and also aft. We spend a lot of time droping off and collecting our older kids from the club.
__________________
dr&momto2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #4
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran
 
wallawallakids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,569

Thanks for your help and explaining the differences between the 7A category on the Dream class vs the Magic.
I think I have it narrowed down to 8A or 8C in the interest of saving a little bit of money. Are the 8A's larger than the 8C or do they just seem that way based on the square layout of the rooms? I think the highest we could get is 6th floor vs. 8th floor with an 8C. I am scared about how big the ship is. Is there any benefit towards being on a lower floor vs. the higher floor? Thanks again for your help.
__________________
(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #5
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!
 
lbgraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 48,501

If there are connecting rooms that you want now, book them and reshop onboard...especially if they are 8As.
__________________
Lisa

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013



DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #6
MikeAndNick
If you can dream it, you can do it.
 
MikeAndNick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 745

Reminder, when you do a booking on the cruise for your next you do not have to pick the rooms and room level then. I booked a 3 day cruise out of PC, cheapest room they had as far out as they could go for one person. Then when I found the cruise I wanted I changed it to a 7 day cruise out of Galveston, Deluxe inside room for two people. All the OBC were based on the changed cruise but the original deposit was based on the 3 day cruise.
__________________
Mike and Nick
Disney Cruise Lines: Wonder Land and Sea – Bahamas 2005, Magic Eastbound Trans Atlantic 2010, Magic Mexican Riviera Nov 20, 2011, Fantasy Western Caribbean June 23, 2012, Wonder Bahamian December 14, 2013
Princess Cruse Lines: Panama Canal 2006, San Francisco Alaska June 19, 2011, Pacific Coast Nov 24, 2013
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2009
Carnival Cruise Lines: Encanta Mexico 2009
NCL Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2008
MikeAndNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #7
Meghatron
DIS Veteran
 
Meghatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAndNick
Reminder, when you do a booking on the cruise for your next you do not have to pick the rooms and room level then. I booked a 3 day cruise out of PC, cheapest room they had as far out as they could go for one person. Then when I found the cruise I wanted I changed it to a 7 day cruise out of Galveston, Deluxe inside room for two people. All the OBC were based on the changed cruise but the original deposit was based on the 3 day cruise.
The OP needs connecting rooms, so she DOES in fact need to pick them now to make sure they are available if that's the cruise she wants to sail on. If it's a dummy booking, then she doesn't need to be booking a category higher than inside, either.
__________________
Me DH DD (5) DS (2)
Disneyland Annual Passholder; eloped in Snow White's Grotto
Castaway Club Gold; miss having DCL in our backyard!
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #8
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran
 
wallawallakids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
If there are connecting rooms that you want now, book them and reshop onboard...especially if they are 8As.
Thanks. I guess I just need to decide if I really want 8A, or if I should go for 8B, or 8C instead. Does the floor make a huge difference on the big ships? I am trying to maximize our space but they all look about the same size floor plan. Maybe I will just try to book the 8A and if I can't I will go for the 8B. How do I transfer it to an OBB if I book it with my TA before I get on the ship? Can I still even get the same rooms? Do you put a deposit down twice then and they refund you one? Thanks.
__________________
(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #9
mickey2000
Pin trader
 
mickey2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 3,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr&momto2boys View Post
We have booked connecting aft balconies (7192 and 7194) on deck 7 of the Fantasy in September. I am soooo looking forward to it! I think they are cat 5E but I'm not sure (not well versed in that.) I am so looking forward to a big balcony where they can remove the divider. Also aft balconies have a great view in port and are less windy. I do plan to spend a lot of time here, because I'll have a 3 month old to hang out with and a 2 year old that will go to bed early. I also like that the Oceaneers club is just two decks down and also aft. We spend a lot of time droping off and collecting our older kids from the club.
These two rooms are GREAT!! I booked them a second time! 5e






__________________
TIME SPENT WITH DISNEY ( Totals 376 days 343 nts)

[
][/URL]][/URL][
mickey2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #10
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!
 
lbgraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 48,501

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
Thanks. I guess I just need to decide if I really want 8A, or if I should go for 8B, or 8C instead. Does the floor make a huge difference on the big ships? I am trying to maximize our space but they all look about the same size floor plan. Maybe I will just try to book the 8A and if I can't I will go for the 8B. How do I transfer it to an OBB if I book it with my TA before I get on the ship? Can I still even get the same rooms? Do you put a deposit down twice then and they refund you one? Thanks.
Take your TA's contact info with you along with the reservation number. Fill out the form at the desk the first afternoon and put it in the box advising that you would like to reshop your existing reservation and name your TA. You will get a note in your room that night usually with the amount and asking you to call and confirm to charge to the same card. When you get home, contact your TA and they should have already transferred the reservations so that you have the same rooms and the OBB benefits attached. You won't get refunded the extra 10% deposit, but that has to be paid anyway eventually. You will have the 10% cruise fare discount and OBC.
__________________
Lisa

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013



DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #11
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran
 
wallawallakids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
Take your TA's contact info with you along with the reservation number. Fill out the form at the desk the first afternoon and put it in the box advising that you would like to reshop your existing reservation and name your TA. You will get a note in your room that night usually with the amount and asking you to call and confirm to charge to the same card. When you get home, contact your TA and they should have already transferred the reservations so that you have the same rooms and the OBB benefits attached. You won't get refunded the extra 10% deposit, but that has to be paid anyway eventually. You will have the 10% cruise fare discount and OBC.
Great! Thank you. I will do that.
__________________
(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #12
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran
 
wallawallakids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2000 View Post
These two rooms are GREAT!! I booked them a second time! 5e






Wow! Thanks for the pictures! Those verandas are huge! If you don't mind me asking, how was the noise from the back of the ship? I have read on here that some people say it is loud and lots of vibrations are felt from the propulsion? Did you have any issues with that? Also, how many does each room sleep? Is is just three and three or could I put all 4 kids in one room? Thanks!
__________________
(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #13
mickey2000
Pin trader
 
mickey2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 3,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
Wow! Thanks for the pictures! Those verandas are huge! If you don't mind me asking, how was the noise from the back of the ship? I have read on here that some people say it is loud and lots of vibrations are felt from the propulsion? Did you have any issues with that? Also, how many does each room sleep? Is is just three and three or could I put all 4 kids in one room? Thanks!
Don't believe what you read! NO noise, or vibrations! I have been on 12 different ships and these Aft rooms were perfect! Backing into CC was great!
Connecting rooms and verandas were huge!....
Sofa and upper bunk ceiling .....
__________________
TIME SPENT WITH DISNEY ( Totals 376 days 343 nts)

[
][/URL]][/URL][
mickey2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #14
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran
 
wallawallakids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2000 View Post
Don't believe what you read! NO noise, or vibrations! I have been on 12 different ships and these Aft rooms were perfect! Backing into CC was great!
Connecting rooms and verandas were huge!....
Sofa and upper bunk ceiling .....
Thank you so much!!! Sounds great.
__________________
(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #15
jennyjuops
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Patchogue NY
Posts: 17

rooms

We just got off the Fantasy last Saturday. Our room was midship, 7094. It was a great location. Our last cruise, on the Dream, we were aft, 10185. At the time I agree, the room in the back was amazing with a HUGE balcony.

After this cruise on the Fantasy, I was VERY HAPPY to have a room midship. The first 3 days it was unbelievably rocky. You couldn't walk straight down the hall! My 8 yr old was scared to sleep on the upper bunk because of all of the rocking. We met people who were in a cabin in the aft. They were miserable. They spent as little time in the room as they possibly could. Once we weren't rocking, they were fine.

I never thought I would want a midship room but it worked out well. We had connecting rooms/balconies with our friends. It was great! It was a family stateroom that slept 5.

Hope this helps!
jennyjuops is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: