Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #1
Postal68
DIS Veteran

Best Cheap Cabin????

We have always booked a Family Veranda room, but i was thinking of squeezing in a short cruise for just my wife and I. Finances are a factor, so I was thinking of booking an inside since it was just going to be the two of us. Can anyone recommend specific categories or staterooms? Are there any secret rooms with a little more size as there are the secret veranda rooms?

Thanks
Postal68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal68 View Post
We have always booked a Family Veranda room, but i was thinking of squeezing in a short cruise for just my wife and I. Finances are a factor, so I was thinking of booking an inside since it was just going to be the two of us. Can anyone recommend specific categories or staterooms? Are there any secret rooms with a little more size as there are the secret veranda rooms?

Thanks
We do category 10 inside instead of category 11 so we get the split bathroom. Even for 2 people I think the split bathroom is nice!
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Quote:

Thanks
What ship are you thinking of? On the Magic and the Wonder there are what we call "sideways" inside cabins. These are standard inside cabins (no split bath), but they seem larger due to their layout. My DH and I just sailed on an 8-night cruise on the Magic last summer in one of them. You can see my pics here: http://www.brownfamilyvacations.com/...2cabin6015.htm

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
Postal68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpray View Post
What ship are you thinking of? On the Magic and the Wonder there are what we call "sideways" inside cabins. These are standard inside cabins (no split bath), but they seem larger due to their layout. My DH and I just sailed on an 8-night cruise on the Magic last summer in one of them. You can see my pics here: http://www.brownfamilyvacations.com/...2cabin6015.htm
Is there a list of what the numbers are of these sideways staterooms, and what category are they?
Postal68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
MikeAndNick
If you can dream it, you can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotraveltx View Post
We do category 10 inside instead of category 11
We also always book the category 10. I find the veranda is just one more excuse to stay in the room and not explore the ship. On the new ships even the inside rooms have a view of the outside. We are only in the rooms to sleep and change cloths.
Disney Cruise Lines: Wonder Land and Sea – Bahamas 2005, Magic Eastbound Trans Atlantic 2010, Magic Mexican Riviera Nov 20, 2011, Fantasy Western Caribbean June 23, 2012, Wonder Bahamian December 14, 2013
Princess Cruse Lines: Panama Canal 2006, San Francisco Alaska June 19, 2011, Pacific Coast Nov 24, 2013
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2009
Carnival Cruise Lines: Encanta Mexico 2009
NCL Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2008
MikeAndNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:07 PM   #6
SeaSpray

Frankly Scallop, I don't give a clam!
Loud people give me Skull Pain!
Call me "impatient"

Quote:
Is there a list of what the numbers are of these sideways staterooms, and what category are they?
They are category 11B and are on the Magic and the Wonder. Here are the cabin numbers:

Deck 6:
Port side:
Starboard side:

Deck 5:
Port side:
Starboard side:

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Polynesian LVC July '10 ~ Polynesian LVC May '08 ~ RCI's 'Explorer of the Seas' Oct '07 ~ Polynesian LVC July '07 ~ Port Orleans Riverside May '07 ~ Disney Magic "Cruising Castaways" Cruise & Polynesian LVC Aug '06 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge May '06 ~ Polynesian LVC Oct '05 ~ Wilderness Lodge CL & Polynesian LVC July '05 ~ Disney Magic 10-night "Lost at Sea" Hurricane Cruise Aug/Sept '04 ~ RCI Bermuda Cruise '03 ~ Caribbean Beach '02 ~ Grand Floridian LV '01 ~ Caribbean Beach '01 ~ DisneyLand '95 ~ WDW '85,'78,'76 ~
[/center]
SeaSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #7
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

If you are on the Magic/Wonder, the inside cabins on deck 7 aft are awesome! They are near the "not-so-secret" outside deck on the very aft of the ship. In addition, there is a small secret stairway that leads right up to Topsiders/BBB. These are category 11 insides, but we really have no issue with no split bath since there are just two of us.

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: