Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
PrincessAbby'sMom
DIS Veteran

1st day tour

Do they announce where to meet for a tour of the ship or is it a tour on your own thing?
I want to get acquainted on the ship, see the kids clubs & where the theaters are & restaurants are, etc.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #2
TinkBell10
DIS Veteran

They'll have scheduled tours posted on the Personal Navigator (daily schedule). You are also welcome to just roam around the ship....it's pretty user-friendly with all the signs, etc.
06/07/15 Freedom of the Seas
PAST CRUISES:05/2001 Sovereign of the Seas | 5/22/03 Wonder | 3/20/04 Magic | 5/27/06 Magic | 6/07/07 Wonder | 4/05/08 Magic| 6/13/09 Magic | 6/12/10 Carnival Dream | 6/12/11 Dream | 11/19/11 Magic | 6/09/12 Fantasy | 06/08/13 Fantasy | 11/23/13 Liberty of the Seas | 06/07/14 Fantasy|

WDW: Too many times to count! On average--one weekend a month
TinkBell10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
PrincessAbby'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkBell10
They'll have scheduled tours posted on the Personal Navigator (daily schedule). You are also welcome to just roam around the ship....it's pretty user-friendly with all the signs, etc.
Do you get day 1 Navigators when you board? And what do you recommend? Tour yourself, or take the tour?
We also don't want the entire afternoon taken up by following a tour either...
Old 02-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

You will get the navigator when you check in at port.

I haven't been on a ship tour. But, I think it talks about the artwork through out the ship.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #5
TinkBell10
DIS Veteran

The last 2 cruises I went on, they had the Navigators available in the terminal. It was great to look at them while we waited on our boarding number to be called. Before that, they only gave out maps in the terminal, and you'd get the Navigator when you boarded. I hope they are still passing them out in the terminal...it really helps the time pass as you wait.

I've never done the guided tours. Every time cruise a new ship, we just walk around ourselves. It didn't take us the whole afternoon; maybe an hour or so.
06/07/15 Freedom of the Seas
PAST CRUISES:05/2001 Sovereign of the Seas | 5/22/03 Wonder | 3/20/04 Magic | 5/27/06 Magic | 6/07/07 Wonder | 4/05/08 Magic| 6/13/09 Magic | 6/12/10 Carnival Dream | 6/12/11 Dream | 11/19/11 Magic | 6/09/12 Fantasy | 06/08/13 Fantasy | 11/23/13 Liberty of the Seas | 06/07/14 Fantasy|

WDW: Too many times to count! On average--one weekend a month
TinkBell10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #6
PrettyPrincessJen
AKA "MomBomb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAbby'sMom
Do they announce where to meet for a tour of the ship or is it a tour on your own thing?
I want to get acquainted on the ship, see the kids clubs & where the theaters are & restaurants are, etc.
We did the tour on the Magic and found it very informative. We will do it again when we sail the fantasy. The meeting place and time were in the navigator. I liked the tour because our guide gave us more useful information. For example how to look at the carpet design to tell if you were on an all cabins floor and which direction you were headed. The tour was about 45 mins and hit all the major sections of the ship.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:22 PM   #7
PrincessAbby'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyPrincessJen

We did the tour on the Magic and found it very informative. We will do it again when we sail the fantasy. The meeting place and time were in the navigator. I liked the tour because our guide gave us more useful information. For example how to look at the carpet design to tell if you were on an all cabins floor and which direction you were headed. The tour was about 45 mins and hit all the major sections of the ship.
Good to know thanks!! Never would have known the carpet tells you where you are, what direction & all that...I think we may just take that tour! Will we have time for lunch first? Our port time is 12:30.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #8
MiceFan
I like this place

The 8-night out of Galveston navigators have the walking ship tour starting at 2:00 & 2:15, they start on deck 10. I'm planning to use that time to tour the kids' clubs though, hopefully we'll be able to find our way around on our own.

Always ready to go back.
8 trips to the World, a few to the Land & 1 Disney Cruise
Mary DH The kiddos!
MiceFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #9
PrincessAbby'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiceFan
The 8-night out of Galveston navigators have the walking ship tour starting at 2:00 & 2:15, they start on deck 10. I'm planning to use that time to tour the kids' clubs though, hopefully we'll be able to find our way around on our own.
Wow... Your good! Or have I posted so many threads that you just know what Im sailing?
Old 02-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #10
gumbypee
DIS Veteran

I may be wrong , but I think there are two different tours people are talking about in this thread.... There is the first day tour to get acquainted with the ship ( did not do this one) and then there is the Art of the Ship tour ( or dime name like that) and that is the one that talked about fun facts and the carpet designs and such- that tour was offered a couple times during my cruise in October on the Magic and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Again I THINK there are two different tours
gumbypee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #11
PrettyPrincessJen
AKA "MomBomb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAbby'sMom

Good to know thanks!! Never would have known the carpet tells you where you are, what direction & all that...I think we may just take that tour! Will we have time for lunch first? Our port time is 12:30.
Yes that should be fine, like the PP said they had several tours running frequently and many different times. We got on at 12 ate lunch, found our room, and then took the tour with lots of time to spare before the sail away party.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #12
PrincessAbby'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyPrincessJen

Yes that should be fine, like the PP said they had several tours running frequently and many different times. We got on at 12 ate lunch, found our room, and then took the tour with lots of time to spare before the sail away party.
Awesome!!! Actually excited about the tour now! 😃 Thanks!!!
Old 02-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #13
MiceFan
I like this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAbby'sMom View Post
Wow... Your good! Or have I posted so many threads that you just know what Im sailing?
We're doing the 8-nighter out of Galveston next month, I noticed it in your other posts

Always ready to go back.
8 trips to the World, a few to the Land & 1 Disney Cruise
Mary DH The kiddos!
MiceFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #14
PrincessAbby'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiceFan

We're doing the 8-nighter out of Galveston next month, I noticed it in your other posts
Cool, not that I will recognize you (or even see you as big as the ship is) but I will say Hi in spirit to you on the ship!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: