Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 01:55 AM   #1
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Disneyland's White Rabbit 'snaps, grabs girl'

Anyone seen this?

http://news. ninemsn. com. au/world/2013/02/24/07/55/ video-shows-white-rabbit-snap-swear-at-girls

A video has emerged appearing to show Disneyland's 'White Rabbit' character snapping and getting physical after two young girls pull his tail.

In the recording, the person dressed as the White Rabbit appears to swear at one of the girls and grab her.
The video comes after a family recently launched a lawsuit accusing the same character of racism after it allegedly refused to hug four African-American children.
It is not known if the same person was acting as the White Rabbit in both of these incidents.
The 30-second video, aired by ABC's 10News, begins with the father of Alexis and Jocelyn Carlos laughing as they approach the White Rabbit in turn and pull his tail from behind.
The Alice in Wonderland character is talking to some other children but quickly swings around and walks over to 14-year-old Jocelyn.
The teenager said the rabbit then grabbed her by the arm and neck.
"He told me,' Don't you ever do that again or I will call security, and tell your stupid friend to stop doing it too,"' Jocelyn told 10News.
Alexis can then be heard sticking up for her sister, yelling "Hey you, get off of her!"
"He was holding her roughly, and I was scared," Alexis said.
A muffled voice can then be heard coming from the rabbit saying "Don't even start your s--- with me."
Recently, San Diego couple Jason and Annelia Black filed a lawsuit after they said the White Rabbit, brushed off their sons and two other relatives during an August visit.
The rabbit had no problem hugging white and Asian children but appeared to take issue with their race, the family claimed.
The family's attorney, Dan Gilleon, plans to use the new video as evidence in their case.
Disneyland has refused to comment on whether the same person was dressed as the White Rabbit in both of these incidences.
In a statement provided to 10News, Disneyland described the video as "a blatant attempt by a lawyer to generate publicity for a case that has no merit."
"If anything, all this video shows is a family of misbehaving guests deliberately provoking a character for their own malicious amusement," the statement said.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:02 AM   #2
Friendly Frog
DIS veteran with a mouse on her back.

Yep I saw it but I'm going to try not to comment too much. It brings out strong feelings about some guests and some attorneys.
Friendly Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 03:24 AM   #3
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly Frog View Post
Yep I saw it but I'm going to try not to comment too much. It brings out strong feelings about some guests and some attorneys.
ITA!

KAR

momrek06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #4
Pumbaa7287
I am the great Stone Dragon!
You may ask why someone would want to inflict that kind of pain on themselves

The white rabbit is going to be late, late, late, for a very important court date.

Folks need to control their kids, and workers hired to be costumed characters need to not put said brats in head locks. My goodness.

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Resort, Saratoga Springs, All-Star Movies, Pop Century

And miles to go before I sleep:
Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation

10 down, 8 to go!
Pumbaa7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #5
disneyworld1977
Mouseketeer

I wasn't there so I have no say either way
*DL* Offsite - 2000, 2003, 2005, 2011, 2013 *WDW* Offsite - 80's , 90's ** POP CENTURY - 2004, 2009 ** CORONADO SPRINGS - 2008 ** PORT ORLEANS (Riverside) - 2011 ** ALL STAR MOVIES - 2012 ** FT. WILDERNESS CABINS - 2013 *TOKYO DL* Offsite - 2014
ME DW
disneyworld1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #6
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

I thought this was part of the reason they had attendants with them? So this kind of thing didn't happen. And by "this kind of thing" I mean the kids pulling on the costume.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #7
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

I hadn't seen that, thank you for sharing. Not going to comment on it really for same reasons others have said.

It reminds me of the Tigger one that came out a while back where people weren't sure if it was a 'playful' Tigger and it went round and round in circles
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Tink1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:22 AM   #8
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
Anyone seen this?

http://news. ninemsn. com. au/world/2013/02/24/07/55/ video-shows-white-rabbit-snap-swear-at-girls

A video has emerged appearing to show Disneyland's 'White Rabbit' character snapping and getting physical after two young girls pull his tail.

In the recording, the person dressed as the White Rabbit appears to swear at one of the girls and grab her.
The video comes after a family recently launched a lawsuit accusing the same character of racism after it allegedly refused to hug four African-American children.
It is not known if the same person was acting as the White Rabbit in both of these incidents.
The 30-second video, aired by ABC's 10News, begins with the father of Alexis and Jocelyn Carlos laughing as they approach the White Rabbit in turn and pull his tail from behind.
The Alice in Wonderland character is talking to some other children but quickly swings around and walks over to 14-year-old Jocelyn.
The teenager said the rabbit then grabbed her by the arm and neck.
"He told me,' Don't you ever do that again or I will call security, and tell your stupid friend to stop doing it too,"' Jocelyn told 10News.
Alexis can then be heard sticking up for her sister, yelling "Hey you, get off of her!"
"He was holding her roughly, and I was scared," Alexis said.
A muffled voice can then be heard coming from the rabbit saying "Don't even start your s--- with me."
Recently, San Diego couple Jason and Annelia Black filed a lawsuit after they said the White Rabbit, brushed off their sons and two other relatives during an August visit.
The rabbit had no problem hugging white and Asian children but appeared to take issue with their race, the family claimed.
The family's attorney, Dan Gilleon, plans to use the new video as evidence in their case.
Disneyland has refused to comment on whether the same person was dressed as the White Rabbit in both of these incidences.
In a statement provided to 10News, Disneyland described the video as "a blatant attempt by a lawyer to generate publicity for a case that has no merit."
"If anything, all this video shows is a family of misbehaving guests deliberately provoking a character for their own malicious amusement," the statement said.

This is really the whole story.................14 year olds......seems they needed parenting for a long time!

This would not surprize me one bit if the lawsiut atty staged this!.

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #9
kbelle8995
DIS Veteran

Red face

Does anyone else think that if this continues to happen that Disney might just stop having characters around or put them in a more limited access experience? I mean characters used to just walk around the park now they are in certain areas at certain times and that's it. Star Wars weekends is one of the few examples where characters walk around.

I was not there so I don't know all the details.
kbelle8995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #10
RedsDrew
Mouseketeer

To sum up my comments regarding this on another board:

I wouldn't have gone after the girls because I think the father deserves a rear-end kicking...

Ra, ra, ree! Kickem' in the knee! Ra, ra, rass! Kickem' in the other knee!

Just my two cents...
June 2014 - BWI; May/June 2013 - POR; May/June 2012 - POFQ; Sept 2011 - POFQ for MNSSHP; Nov 2010 - AKL for MMVCP; July 2010 - Pop Century for 4th of July; May/June 2010 - Contemporary; Apr 2010 - CBR; Nov 2009 - POR for MMVCP[/B]
RedsDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #11
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbelle8995 View Post
Does anyone else think that if this continues to happen that Disney might just stop having characters around or put them in a more limited access experience? I mean characters used to just walk around the park now they are in certain areas at certain times and that's it. Star Wars weekends is one of the few examples where characters walk around.

I was not there so I don't know all the details.
It's doubtful. These things keep happening in Disneyland, where the characters walk around without any handlers. They might add handlers to DL.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: