Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
bxccah
Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!

What can you order on Disney Dining Plan?

Hello, all- Becca here. Getting SO EXCITED, we fly on Thursday morning! I've just finished our ADRs and noticed some food on the menu that sounds truly GORGEOUS, but some of these dishes are $25+. We've only booked at restaurants that accept the dining plan, but my mum doesn't think we'll be able to order *anything* on the menu.

Is there a set meal type thing for the disney dining plan? I understand it doesn't include speciality and alcoholic drinks but what about food? Are there certain things we can't order?

Currently at Disney World! All Star Sports, 9/4 - 9/25
bxccah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
B-Ride
Getting My Disney Fix

There are very few dishes that can't be ordered on the Dining Plan.

Restaurant Marrakesh has a meal called the Royal Feast which isn't available and I have heard talk about some places not allowing Prix Fixe meals in the future but we have never had an issue getting the meal we wanted.
Disneyland Grand Californian 2014
B-Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #3
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Monsieur Paul has a choice that requires you to pay a cash up charge in addition to the 2 dining credits required for any of the dining plan meals there.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #4
AstroDad
Earning My Ears

As far as Entrees, I have yet to come across anything I wasn't able to order off the menu, and I typically go for the Steaks and other expensive meals. I did have an issue once with Planet Hollywood not allowing both of us to get a dessert of our own, which I found strange.

There could be other restaurants that have their own rules, but you won't find too many where there are restrictions.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #5
bxccah
Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroDad
As far as Entrees, I have yet to come across anything I wasn't able to order off the menu, and I typically go for the Steaks and other expensive meals. I did have an issue once with Planet Hollywood not allowing both of us to get a dessert of our own, which I found strange.

There could be other restaurants that have their own rules, but you won't find too many where there are restrictions.
Great! Our family are a fan of steak, so that's really good to know. Thank you all! My mother will be very happy, she had her eye on a certain meal at Liberty Tree Tavern.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #6
WizardLarz
DIS Veteran

Dining Plan

The waiter staff will always ask if you are on the Dining Plan. If there are any restrictions as items that are not part of the Plan they will let you know. But as previous people have stated there are very few restrictions.

That is the one great thing about the Dining Plan, you can order the most expensive, delicious, decadent items and not worry about the cost.

Check out the Dining Plan area here on the DIS web site, as well as Allears.net and the Disney web site.

'88 Off Site -only two parks '00 Off Site '08 Fort Wilderness Campgrounds (Yes,I realy used a tent!) '09 Pop Century
'10 Boardwalk Villas SWW '11 Pop F&W '11 Pop Century Mars Preview '12 Pop Century(hey it's cheap) SWW '12 Pop Century (yes Again)

2010 PRT "I'm off to see the Mickey! The wonderfull cool Mouse! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2383922

Last edited by WizardLarz; 02-18-2013 at 05:29 PM.
WizardLarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #7
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

I've never found anything that was available on the plan. Your server will ask you when you're seated if you're on the dining plan and they will explain your entitlements to you (usually).

Off-Site Disney World Visits '92 - '94 - '96 - '99 - 2000, 2001, 2004
Disney World Stays August 2008 - CBR - February 2012 - SSR - July 2012 - POR - October 2013 - SSR - October 2014 - SSR - 2015 - Moving to the Sunshine State!

Disney Fairytale Wedding Vow Renewal Feb 2012
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #8
HuskerFaninIL
DIS Veteran

Appetizers are not included, but everywhere we ate (including Liberty Tree) it was any entree and any dessert. But I'm sure there are exceptions, but just a few ;D

HuskerFaninIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #9
purple figment
DIS Veteran

On the regular dining plan (1 TS, 1CS, 1 snack per day) appetizers are not included, but can be purchased out of pocket. The Deluxe Dining Plan does include appetizers.

I've only come across a couple of things not included on the dining plan - the Kitchen Sink dessert at Beaches & Cream and the prix fixe at Flying Fish. At every other restaurant that has a prix fixe menu, it is included, although no substitutions are allowed and there is an additional charge if using the dining plan at Marrakesh and Monsieur Paul.

Another common limitatation is Via Napoli will not allow you to use one credit to share a pizza with another person. Pretty much every other restaurant will let you share meals if you want to save credits for a 2 credit meal elsewhere.

Otherwise all the entrees and desserts including the most expensive, such as the Lobster and Steak at Narcoossee's, can be ordered on the DDP.

One of the first questions you'll be asked after being seated is if you're on the dining plan. The server will then explain what is included. If there's anything you want that you're not certain about, just ask. Also, if you continue to read this dining board you'll learn all sorts of info on the dining plans and how the various restaurants implement it.

Enjoy!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #10
HawkeyeFan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxccah View Post
Hello, all- Becca here. Getting SO EXCITED, we fly on Thursday morning! I've just finished our ADRs and noticed some food on the menu that sounds truly GORGEOUS, but some of these dishes are $25+. We've only booked at restaurants that accept the dining plan, but my mum doesn't think we'll be able to order *anything* on the menu.

Is there a set meal type thing for the disney dining plan? I understand it doesn't include speciality and alcoholic drinks but what about food? Are there certain things we can't order?
Great questions! We purchased the DDP and will be arriving on saturday! Have a great trip!!
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #11
Three cats
DIS Veteran

As others have said, we've yet to come across anything not covered on the plan. Hope you and your Mom have a great trip!!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Three cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:13 AM   #12
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You can order the Royal Feast at Marrakesh on the dining plan but you need to pay an upcharge for it.

The only things I know of that you cannot order are alcoholic beverages and the Kitchen Sink sundae from Beaches & Cream (that is intended to serve multiple persons).
Old 02-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #13
bksomody
Mouseketeer

Does Fultons have any restrictions?
bksomody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #14
bxccah
Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksomody
Does Fultons have any restrictions?
Great question! We've booked fultons for Mothers Day (British Mother's Day) so would like to know that also.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #15
bksomody
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE="bxccah"]

Great question! We've booked fultons for Mothers Day (British Mother's Day) so would like to know that also.[/QUOTE

Good news. I called Disney and they said that there are no restrictions on what you can order at Fultons.
bksomody is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: