Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #16
anna08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohfriend View Post
I would still need the gentle rocking motion of the ship to give up my tempur pedic.
Me too!! All normal mattresses never measure up once you are used to a Tempurpedic
Old 02-24-2013, 12:20 AM   #17
m&m123
Mouseketeer

But no where was there any conclusive evidence of exactly which model of Sealy mattress they used. And examining the mattress itself yielded no identifiable markings, models, etc.

I too loved this bed so I hunted for the label after the first morning I slept on it during my Dream cruise in August. I copied down some information about the bed from the label......
~model number is 503781 and prototype ID: 5208
~used with foundations 310-312
~Materials Polyurethane foam 79%,polyester fiber 8%,man made fiber (rayon) and polyethelene foam 4%
~Manufactured 12/09 at Sealy in Orlando FL

When I tried to search this model number I found nothing. I hope they are the same because I hope to buy one very soon!

m&m123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 02:03 AM   #18
mimmi
DIS Veteran

Is there the same bedding on the Dream and the Fantasy?
I slept heavenly on the Dream, even bought the pillow and researched the mattress manufacturer (can't buy it due to the different bed sizes in Europe) but a few weeks ago on the Fantasy the bed felt totally different, the mattress felt so much softer and I had a back ache every morning.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #19
kittbuilder1
Earning My Ears

The "mystery"

I would prefer to keep my vendor status off a public blog, but let's just say I have been working on property many years, on-board the past few.

The model and numeric info given a couple of posts above this show that that particluar mattress was manufactured in 2009, so the ships have retrofitted new bedding since that time, especially since the poster mentioned he took a Dream cruise in August.

In general, the Sealy Monogram, is the mattress of choice on-board.

Sheets are of a 600 thread count, so no particular brand would be better than others, just make sure they are Egyptian cotten for the softest feel.
kittbuilder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #20
Forever a Princess
One bottle of ketchup is not enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittbuilder1 View Post
I have been a vendor on board Disney's newest ships, Dream and fantasy. And I have sailed MANY nights with them and came to enjoy, after long days of on-board work, the comfort and sheer decadance of going to bed at night.
No where else did I sleep as soundly as I did on board. These forums have given me some in-roads as to the more easier-to-identify items such as pillows, sheets, and such. But no where was there any conclusive evidence of exactly which model of Sealy mattress they used. And examining the mattress itself yielded no identifiable markings, models, etc.
After some exhausting research and phone calls through my contacts, I found out that the consumer-ready version of the mattresses on board both new ships, and soon-to-be retrofitted legacy ships, is the Sealy Monogram 800, Ultra Plush Euro Pillowtop. The ones on-board have a slightly different fire rating for maritime implememtation, but the otherwise are identical.
After waiting 4 weeks for it to arrive, I once more can relive the dreamy sleep conditions of sailing on board. I will not rehash the pillows used or sheet thread count. Already been found out and posted. But with this info, you should be able to recreate your on-board sleep experience in the comfort of your own home.
All I have to do now is add some servo operated motion rollers to recreate the gentle sway of the ship under way!

Enjoy!
Thanks!!
And if only we could get rollers to recreate the gentle sway of the ship!!
Old 07-07-2013, 07:13 AM   #21
jsolar
Mouseketeer

Thanks for this info!!

Disney Cruise: Fantasy,6/27/15, Fantasy, 6/29/13, Fantasy, 6/23/12, Fantasy, 7/5/11, Dream, 8/17/10, Wonder, 8/22/09, Magic
Disney World: Disney's Beach Club, 06/27/14, Pop Century Resort, 6/24/05, All Star Sports Resort, 01/05/96, Polynesian Resort, 09/08/87
jsolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:57 AM   #22
beach baby
Mouseketeer

I know this is an old thread but…..

for those of you that have purchased this mattress, how has it held up? Have you been pleased with it or disappointed? Has it been the same as on the ship, or does the ship movement contribute a lot to how well we slept during the cruise?
I've loved how well I've slept on the ships but would like some feedback on how it performed in your homes before I hit the buy button!
Thanks!
beach baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:15 AM   #23
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Thanks for doing the research!
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:40 AM   #24
x00x
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna08 View Post
Me too!! All normal mattresses never measure up once you are used to a Tempurpedic
so very much this!
x00x is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: