Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #196
OhioInlanders
Earning My Ears

Wink Deal May Be Current, But It Isn't New

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajones2 View Post
•May 10, 2013, 8-Night Bahamian Cruise (from Galveston, TX) from $1,160* per person based on double occupancy, Category 11B Standard Inside Stateroom
While the above may currently be a deal, it's not a new one. In fact that is exactly the price we booked in October

It is a GOOD price for DCL, though I'd love to get KSF or GT for this sailing. Don't think either of those are coming soon enough for my comfort

We'll just be happy to get aboard! Making our final payment this weekend!

OhioInlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #197
wajones2
Mouseketeer

I know I'm not brave enough to wait it out either. I was going to wait until onboard to book the Southern Caribbean on the Magic in Oct 2014, but there are only 4 sailings and the cabins on 2 of the 4 are going VERY fast.

I read on mousesavers and on a board somewhere that I should be able to rebook once on board and get the 10% discount. Either way I wanted to go so badly I wasn't willing to risk it to wait.
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #198
s232271
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajones2
I was looking at mousesavers.com and found this under current cruise deals.

Disney Magic - Book by 3/31/13

•May 10, 2013, 8-Night Bahamian Cruise (from Galveston, TX) from $1,160* per person based on double occupancy, Category 11B Standard Inside Stateroom
Doesn't seem like a deal to me
s232271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #199
esquirepd
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajones2
We are looking forward the WDW adventure too. We have no real plans for the rest of the cruise, but are looking forward to the princess gathering and tea with alice, and our days at castway cay & key west.

I doubt we will make it the pirate night party on deck. DD even with a nap typically can't last past 9pm...and if she is up past 9 she isn't in a party mood.

I am so excited to see the new fantasyland! We haven't been to WDW since 2009 when I was pregnant with DD...so much as changed. And since I didn't get to ride my favorite rides that trip, I am hoping to fit in some baby swapping at some of them this trip.

I started shopping for FE gifts this past weekend, and had little success..

For others staying pre-night at Hotel Galvez, what time are you arriving in Houston. I think our flight lands right before 2pm.
We are driving and should arrive at Hotel Galvez about dinner time. I'd say 5-6.

Maybe we could at least meet!

11/24/01-11/28/01 - WDW - Polynesian Resort
5/10/13-5/18/13 - DCL Magic - Galveston
esquirepd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #200
esquirepd
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandersmom
FE List Update coming soon! Kelley and Kara, I promise to update our list with your family information ASAP, though I had to travel unexpectedly for work this week and have been completely tied up. At this rate I will really need some R&R on our cruise, though I'm thankful to have a job that will help pay for our great trip. Anyway, so sorry for the delay!
If you need help we'll do what we can.

11/24/01-11/28/01 - WDW - Polynesian Resort
5/10/13-5/18/13 - DCL Magic - Galveston
esquirepd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #201
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajones2 View Post
We have never been to Galveston before, so I need to research as well for things we might want to do Thursday evening/Friday morning before heading to the ship.

Recommendations are appreciated. My DH loves good seafood, so I would like to find a great dinner spot that works for having an almost 3 year old as well.
Probably the best and most famous seafood place is Gaido's. If you don't mind very casual they own Casey's next door. A lot cheaper and a similar menu!

I'm semi-local and was just in Galveston for Mardi GRAS if you have any questions.
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #202
denamo
Mouseketeer

On various threads, I have seen pre-designed signs cruisers are putting on their doors. Posters then request personalizations of these pre-designed signs. These are posted on photobucket. Is the only way to have a sign personalized is asking the person posting to do it and upload it to the thread for you or can you somehow download it from photobucket and then personalize it yourself?

BTW...Great find...I was at our Disney outlet store yesterday and found a printed black and white sheet of magnets with all types of of iconic pictures and expressions such as Mickey's wizard hat, the castle, each of the names of the parks, "Believe in Magic," "Dream," just to mention a few. As I checked out, I was informed these can be colored. The girl checking me out said they once had the markers. Didn't even think of doing that; I will be breaking out the Sharpies soon! These will be perfect to decorate our cabin door.
denamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #203
j2o
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandersmom View Post
FE List Update coming soon! Kelley and Kara, I promise to update our list with your family information ASAP, though I had to travel unexpectedly for work this week and have been completely tied up. At this rate I will really need some R&R on our cruise, though I'm thankful to have a job that will help pay for our great trip. Anyway, so sorry for the delay!
No worries at all! We are happy to be here!!!!
j2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #204
mickeydavis
Earning My Ears

Pumped up for Sunday

My DH and I will be on this cruise with all you guys! Can't wait. The last time I was on a cruise I was in high school & my DH has never been on a cruise. This will be so much fun..Anyone out there waiting like me for Sunday to book cruise activities? I hope there are still early times for bus to HS, crossing my fingers.
mickeydavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:03 AM   #205
s232271
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioInlanders

Hi s232271,

After an extensive discussion with my TA last night, I didn't do it. I have a good price right now, and she is pretty sure that if the better rates are offered, she can re-book us at the new rate even if we are within the 75 day period.

For now the strategy remains "wait and see" and make the TA do all the hard work if a discount is offered.
Just an FYI
Did u see march 29th has the GT rates again but at a much much higher rate!! The IGT starts at 1969!!! Wow!!! Glad I didn't cancel if ours ends up like that. The OGT is nearly 2300 and VGT is 2700!!! Previous the VGT was the 1969.
s232271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #206
Auntieluncher
Earning My Ears

We're coming!!

DH, myself, and DD (10) will be on this cruise. We currently have a GTY and are anxiously awaiting our assignment. It's our first time (of 6 cruises) not to book an actual number. DH gets sea sick and we always cruise deck 2 aft. But with the prices being offered, he was willing to take the chance. Here's hoping it pays off, otherwise, he'll be sound asleep for most of the cruise...

See everyone on board!
Auntieluncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:07 PM   #207
MerissaAndMomLoveDis
Mouseketeer

To s232271

Quote:
Originally Posted by s232271 View Post
Just an FYI
Did u see march 29th has the GT rates again but at a much much higher rate!! The IGT starts at 1969!!! Wow!!! Glad I didn't cancel if ours ends up like that. The OGT is nearly 2300 and VGT is 2700!!! Previous the VGT was the 1969.
After much debate, I cancelled before the paid in full date. I am going to hold out hope that low IGT, OGT, or VGT rates are offered.
Disneyworld: Offsite Feb 2003, Feb 2004, June 2006 & Aug 2007; ASMu Nov 2008; Pop Century/Offsite/AKL May/June 2009; AsMu/Ft. Wilderness Cabins Nov 2009; Pop/ASSp June 2010; ASMov/Offsite May/June 2011; POFQ/Disney Dream March 2012; Offsite Nov 2012; Disney Magic from Galveston May 2013
MerissaAndMomLoveDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #208
MerissaAndMomLoveDis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntieluncher View Post
DH, myself, and DD (10) will be on this cruise. We currently have a GTY and are anxiously awaiting our assignment. It's our first time (of 6 cruises) not to book an actual number. DH gets sea sick and we always cruise deck 2 aft. But with the prices being offered, he was willing to take the chance. Here's hoping it pays off, otherwise, he'll be sound asleep for most of the cruise...

See everyone on board!
Not sure if it helps you, but I cancelled our cruise and we were in inside cabin 2011.
Disneyworld: Offsite Feb 2003, Feb 2004, June 2006 & Aug 2007; ASMu Nov 2008; Pop Century/Offsite/AKL May/June 2009; AsMu/Ft. Wilderness Cabins Nov 2009; Pop/ASSp June 2010; ASMov/Offsite May/June 2011; POFQ/Disney Dream March 2012; Offsite Nov 2012; Disney Magic from Galveston May 2013
MerissaAndMomLoveDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:43 PM   #209
denamo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerissaAndMomLoveDis View Post
After much debate, I cancelled before the paid in full date. I am going to hold out hope that low IGT, OGT, or VGT rates are offered.
Part of me wants to join you in doing this, but I'm so nervous about the price increasing. We are new Disney cruisers. Is there usually a significant rate decrease on cabins after final payment kicks in?

I better make a decision quickly since today is the last day to do this without penalty.
denamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #210
OhioInlanders
Earning My Ears

We paid in full today. Waking up at 6:00 am to reserve excursions and Palo. Night-night.

OhioInlanders is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: