Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #1
nlm74
Mouseketeer

Club Level Rm with a Non-club level traveller?

Hello,

We will be staying club level at AKL in Sept. We booked because it wasn't that much more than a bunk bed Aruhsa and we (and our small kids) are light eaters so thought we would take advantage of the CL food offerings.

That being said, my mother has decided to join us on our trip, but I believe she's just getting a standard AKL room. Is it OK if she joins us in the club? I don't want to be shady about it, and know she's not paying the premium, but if I bring her along for a bowl of cereal, is anyone going to say anything?

Thanks.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
anniemck
DIS Veteran

If mom is not staying Club Level, she is not entitled to Club Level perks. Sorry.

Official Disney Freak...
Presidents Day Weekend Twirlmania 2000-2012
Halloween 2011
Mothers Day, August, September, Osborne Family Lights 2012
DCL Wonder March 2013
15 cruises on other lines since 2007
6 trips to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge since 2009
Love vacations...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #3
Tamar
If you're not going to snort, what's the point of laughing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlm74 View Post
Hello,

We will be staying club level at AKL in Sept. We booked because it wasn't that much more than a bunk bed Aruhsa and we (and our small kids) are light eaters so thought we would take advantage of the CL food offerings.

That being said, my mother has decided to join us on our trip, but I believe she's just getting a standard AKL room. Is it OK if she joins us in the club? I don't want to be shady about it, and know she's not paying the premium, but if I bring her along for a bowl of cereal, is anyone going to say anything?

Thanks.
If you are staying in a room that has an occupancy limit of 5, check her in to your room. She can still check into her second room, and then she is officially welcome at the Club.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
owl0306
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamar View Post
If you are staying in a room that has an occupancy limit of 5, check her in to your room. She can still check into her second room, and then she is officially welcome at the Club.
but they will charge her an adult fee each night of occupancy once two adults are on the reservation.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #5
owl0306
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamar View Post
akl limit is 4 plus one under 3
Old 02-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #6
nlm74
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for helping me work through this.

I don't want her to pay xtra and get a club room just because we are, BUT we are traveling together so it would be nice to BE together, esp with the kiddos.

We have 2 adults, 1 child and a 1yr old in our room, so technically there's only 3 of us, as I think babe doesn't count. I don't want to pay an extra fee for mom the whole time as we won't be doing this EVERY morning, and I don't think it would be worth the extra price...

So it's tight security huh?
No worries. If we want to have a bite with her in the morning or afternoon, we'll just take food and eat in our room while we glare at the safari animals. It's not so bad!
Old 02-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #7
nlm74
Mouseketeer

She can hang out in our room, can't she?!
Old 02-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #8
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Sure, your room won't be on the same floor as the Concierge Lounge. That is on the sixth floor. Your room will be on the fourth floor.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:32 PM   #9
owl0306
Mouseketeer

Quote:
yes. we even stayed yc cl which is on the same floor as the lounge and you need to scan your key in the elevator to even get up to the 5th flr but they never checked us once we were up there. We only had who was on the reservation and they do greet you by name, so if I had someone extra they might have known
Old 02-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #10
owl0306
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks everyone for helping me work through this.

I don't want her to pay xtra and get a club room just because we are, BUT we are traveling together so it would be nice to BE together, esp with the kiddos.

We have 2 adults, 1 child and a 1yr old in our room, so technically there's only 3 of us, as I think babe doesn't count. I don't want to pay an extra fee for mom the whole time as we won't be doing this EVERY morning, and I don't think it would be worth the extra price...

So it's tight security huh?
No worries. If we want to have a bite with her in the morning or afternoon, we'll just take food and eat in our room while we glare at the safari animals. It's not so bad!
to pay $25 + tax a night, it is much cheaper to just have you mom buy breakfast some where. Heck it would be cheaper for her to do a ts for breakfast with tip lol.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #11
Kimberle
WL Vet

I've stayed Club at AKL & CR. Some of the Concierges' remember all the Club level guests. You can take your food back to you room. I used to get our B/fast while my dd was getting ready. We'd eat on our balcony watching the animals. The CL lounge is nice, but no real "view".
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Old 02-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #12
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Just a personal opinion here, but those not paying for CL privileges shouldn't benefit form the perks. It drives up the prices for those who actually pay for it. Sorry for the curt-ness, but it's not fair. You should only be eating in the lounge if you pay for it, or are upgraded to it.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #13
MinnesotaMouseketeers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
Just a personal opinion here, but those not paying for CL privileges shouldn't benefit form the perks. It drives up the prices for those who actually pay for it. Sorry for the curt-ness, but it's not fair. You should only be eating in the lounge if you pay for it, or are upgraded to it.
Just agreeing with Scott MC
Disneyland 1975, Off site/Big Red Boat 1987, Port Orleans/Wonder 1999, Off site 2000, Poly/Wonder 2004, CBR/Eastern Magic 2007, WL 2009, GF/Wonder Panama Canal 2011, POR 2012, AKL/Dream 2013, All Star Music/Fantasy Eastern 2014, Numerous ports of call to other countries
More fun stops: CA-LA, San Diego, San Fran. & wine country, NM-twice (all over), AZ-twice including Grand Canyon, CO-all over, SD-Black Hills & Badlands, MI-UP, Isle Royale & Mount Pleasent, TX-S. Padre Island twice and San Antonio, WI-All over including Apostale Islands, IA-Quad City area, WY-Devils Tower, AK-Kantishna Roadhouse at Denali NP, Anchorage, Seward, MT-Glacier NP, Ireland 2012, BWCA six trips - 2013 last one
Old 02-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #14
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC
I totally agree. I have always wanted to try CL. This year we are staying at YC in the say situation as the OP. we have 2 rooms booked CL. My mom is staying in a room by herself. It s big expense for just one person but if you want the benefits of CL I think you should pay the price for all ppl staying. She might only be one person but its not fair to the others paying for the perk.

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
Old 02-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #15
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I agree that the CL perks are only for the people actually staying CL.

We are staying CL in April and our friends are coming too, but they are staying in a regular room. We have told them they won't be able to come up to the lounge, but we have begged them to book CL too!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: