Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #1
kittbuilder1
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2

Finally, the mystery unsolved; Dream and Fantasy bedding !

I have been a vendor on board Disney's newest ships, Dream and fantasy. And I have sailed MANY nights with them and came to enjoy, after long days of on-board work, the comfort and sheer decadance of going to bed at night.
No where else did I sleep as soundly as I did on board. These forums have given me some in-roads as to the more easier-to-identify items such as pillows, sheets, and such. But no where was there any conclusive evidence of exactly which model of Sealy mattress they used. And examining the mattress itself yielded no identifiable markings, models, etc.
After some exhausting research and phone calls through my contacts, I found out that the consumer-ready version of the mattresses on board both new ships, and soon-to-be retrofitted legacy ships, is the Sealy Monogram 800, Ultra Plush Euro Pillowtop. The ones on-board have a slightly different fire rating for maritime implememtation, but the otherwise are identical.
After waiting 4 weeks for it to arrive, I once more can relive the dreamy sleep conditions of sailing on board. I will not rehash the pillows used or sheet thread count. Already been found out and posted. But with this info, you should be able to recreate your on-board sleep experience in the comfort of your own home.
All I have to do now is add some servo operated motion rollers to recreate the gentle sway of the ship under way!

Enjoy!
kittbuilder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #2
dallastxcpa
DIS Veteran
 
dallastxcpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lewisville, TX
Posts: 1,971

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittbuilder1 View Post
I have been a vendor on board Disney's newest ships, Dream and fantasy. And I have sailed MANY nights with them and came to enjoy, after long days of on-board work, the comfort and sheer decadance of going to bed at night.
No where else did I sleep as soundly as I did on board. These forums have given me some in-roads as to the more easier-to-identify items such as pillows, sheets, and such. But no where was there any conclusive evidence of exactly which model of Sealy mattress they used. And examining the mattress itself yielded no identifiable markings, models, etc.
After some exhausting research and phone calls through my contacts, I found out that the consumer-ready version of the mattresses on board both new ships, and soon-to-be retrofitted legacy ships, is the Sealy Monogram 800, Ultra Plush Euro Pillowtop. The ones on-board have a slightly different fire rating for maritime implememtation, but the otherwise are identical.
After waiting 4 weeks for it to arrive, I once more can relive the dreamy sleep conditions of sailing on board. I will not rehash the pillows used or sheet thread count. Already been found out and posted. But with this info, you should be able to recreate your on-board sleep experience in the comfort of your own home.
All I have to do now is add some servo operated motion rollers to recreate the gentle sway of the ship under way!

Enjoy!
My friend, you have it bad.... what you have I don't know, but its bad.

I completely understand though as I love my Stearns and Foster and rarely find a mattress when I travel thats as comfortable.
__________________
dallastxcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
Bonniec
DIS Veteran
 
Bonniec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,777

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastxcpa

My friend, you have it bad.... what you have I don't know, but its bad.

I completely understand though as I love my Stearns and Foster and rarely find a mattress when I travel thats as comfortable.
Rofl!!


Okay share the pillows and thread count too
__________________
Bonniec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:28 PM   #4
mjaclyn
Currently in Wonderland
 
mjaclyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 1,957

Yes!! Thank you so much for posting this. DH and I are purchasing a new mattress and we definitely want the ones that are used on the ships. We slept SO well on our last cruise and that really says something because we normally don't sleep very well on vacation.

Would you mind posting the pillow and sheets info? I want to make sure I get the right thing.

Thanks again!!!
__________________
mjaclyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
BlakeandMaddysMomma
Mouseketeer
 
BlakeandMaddysMomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 160

All for the low low price of $1200!!! Sounds crazy, but I LOVED that mattress too!!! What about the duvet, has anyone figured out what that is?
BlakeandMaddysMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #6
Mom323
Founding member of FOG
 
Mom323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,474

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2702415&page=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
I finally have all of the information and can post the "menu" of all of the bedding in one place!

Pillow: The pillows are made by Harbor Linen and are part of the "New Generation" collection. Their website is www.harborcareathome.com or call 1-800-257-7858.

Linens: according to DCL, "The sheets are from Frette and are 600 thread count Egyptian cotton, the Duvet and cover are also made by Frette but are not availablefor sale to the public." The website for Frette is www.frette.com. As DCL said, these are made for them and I believe also have subtle Mickey head woven into them. The style that looks closest is the Hotel Charme but I believe those are a 200 thread found rather than 600.

Duvet/Comforter Insert: According to DCL "is an Aquaplush king comforter/duvet insert that may be found with an online search." Well I did a search and I believe it's made by a company called "Down Etc.". Here is a link to their online store, though they are sold elsewhere as well:

http://www.downetc.com/boutique/inde...emart&Itemid=5

I was able to find it on Amazon a bit cheaper.

I hope this helps folks in creating their dream Disney Cruise bed on dry land.
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #7
Mom323
Founding member of FOG
 
Mom323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,474

I did a google search for the sealy monogram 800 ultra plush euro pillowtop.

FYI, Found this blog.
YMMV

http://blog.pennlive.com/mattress/20...edic_mono.html

and this
http://mattressexpert.typepad.com/th...attresses.html
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:25 PM   #8
MDennis28
Mouseketeer
 
MDennis28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 334

Love these mattresses and the ones at the Deluxe resorts too!! Are they the same (except for the maritime fire rating change of course)?? We need a new mattress and I want this one.
MDennis28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #9
axfather
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 275

I always ask

for my bedding to be changed each night...love the crisp feeling...don't care if it depletes the earths natural resources for the extra cleaning. to me it is one of the best parts of the cruise.
axfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #10
mjaclyn
Currently in Wonderland
 
mjaclyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 1,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom323 View Post
I did a google search for the sealy monogram 800 ultra plush euro pillowtop.

FYI, Found this blog.
YMMV

http://blog.pennlive.com/mattress/20...edic_mono.html

and this
http://mattressexpert.typepad.com/th...attresses.html

I read this too. Now I'm not sure if we should get that mattress. As much as I loved it on the ship, I don't want to spend $1200 to $1500 on a mattress that's not going to last for a long time. We are just getting rid of our first mattress and it's lasted us for nearly 12 years. I really want one that FEELS like the Disney ones but will last for a long time too.
__________________
mjaclyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #11
Bonniec
DIS Veteran
 
Bonniec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,777

Is it the same mattresses on all ships from inside rooms to the royals?
__________________
Bonniec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #12
poohfriend
DIS Veteran
 
poohfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,505

Smiles for you

I would still need the gentle rocking motion of the ship to give up my tempur pedic.
__________________
Off-Site with friends and family pre-2004 ---
Off Site (NICK hotel) 10/2004 ---
POFQ 12/2005; Wonder Cruise 4 the New Year '06 with surprise double dip!; POR 1/2006
Boardwalk Inn 9/07-- welcomed our Soldier Home!;
CSR 1/2008 ; POR 3/2008 & Wonder Cruise 3/2008...What a beautiful Day at CC
Circle of Life 5K..Jan 2009 WL; Magic Cruise December 2009;
Star Wars Weekend 05/10 at POP'
ASMu & Dream Cruise 1/2011
Dream Cruise March 2012 & Yacht Club Concierge plus Fantasy Preview March 2012
AoA -- September 2012; Contemporary November 2012
AoA -- August 2013
Eastern Caribbean Disney Fantasy May 2014
poohfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #13
tvguy
Question anything the facts don't support.
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Carmichael, California
Posts: 18,838

Ah, wasn't aware it was a mystery. Sealy put out a press release when they got the contract.
HAL sells their mattresses on their website, wonder if Disney will ever start doing that?
__________________
tvguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:04 PM   #14
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 47,218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
Is it the same mattresses on all ships from inside rooms to the royals?
Same question about the sheets and pillows.
__________________
-molly + robert + eamon (10!!)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #15
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?
 
Jillpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Ma., BCV
Posts: 8,311

OP, just because I'm nosy, can you tell us what you are a vendor of?
__________________
My happy place

Jillpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: