Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #811
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Ponzi's quote:

Typical otter prejudice. Everybody remembers sea lion names, but nobody ever remembers the otter. Well otters have feelings too young lady! They have feelings and personalities and names gosh darnit!

His name is Bob.

You may not remember… but you otter.

Nice Ponzi:
Thank you, I just had him stuffed!
You did not just have me stuffed!!! Although I made an awesome stew for dinner tonight and I do still feel a little stuffed.

Canadian Buffoon's Vacation
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #812
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Yikes! I don't remember visiting those sharks. Heather, it looks like you were more afraid of riding the gondola than the Manata. You got some great pics from up there, though.

Hey, we will be heading across your state in a couple of weeks - going to Texas. We've decided that AZ isn't right for us so we're going where the kids are and starting over. I'll wave as we drive through!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #813
Thumper_Man's Wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Welcome to my world!
Beam me up scotty!

Quote:
Thanks for that. Loved it.
You're welcome. I have it printed out and hanging by my computer.

Quote:
Well... okay. But getting hit in the head has made me the way I am. You sure you want me to get hit again?
Couldn't get worse...could it?

Quote:
Was that a typo? If not, it's very apropos, no?
Actually it was a typo. In my lack of sleep induced haze I didn't re-read before posting. but it was a very apt typo.

Quote:
Yeah? Give, lady
<sigh> are you sure you really wanna know?

Picture this...January 2007 give or take a couple of months, T-Man and Lady H find a great jewelry store in downtown Santa Fe, not far from their workplace. After a few trips to look around, we find what we want. The jeweler tried to get me to go bigger with the stone. I was already freaking out on how big this one was, and unless the bigger one came with body guards, there was no way...

we set up a payment plan, and paid once a month. Since the wedding was in August, we figured that would give us plenty of time. And it did. We were able to pay them off a couple of months ahead of time and had made plans to go by a few weeks before the wedding to get sized and pick them up.

About 2 weeks before the wedding, we took our lunch hour to walk down to the store and get sized. As we approached the store, we noticed the lights were off and there was a sign on the door, stating the store was closed. The owner had up and left. I stood there shocked...I wasn't sure what to think.

Next door, the landlord owned another jewelry store, and he saw us standing out front looking beguiled. He told us that the guy just up and left. Took everything with him, and left to Jordan. He even let us into the store to see for ourselves. We found our portfolio, empty, sans our names on the front, and the pocket envelope that should have contained our rings, was empty as well.

With two weeks to go before the wedding, I was at a loss. These were our rings. We had made a point of finding something unique and ours and now they were gone.

So naturally I lost it. I almost fainted and thankfully T-Man just held me and let me cry.

We filed a complaint with our consumer division, and filed with the local police as well. and set out to find new rings.

Other stores in the area had heard about our dilema. We had been in the paper the next day (http://www.abqjournal.com/north/5841...ws08-06-07.htm) and most stores were very accomodating. They were willing to give us discounts to try to make up for our loss, and help us find the rings we wanted. But nothing was the same. It was so hard to find something, when you have your heart set on what was.

Later that week we finally went to Zales, and found a matching set that we agreed on. It was nice, and simple. Just not our rings.

That Friday, now a week and a day before the wedding, I was driving home in the middle of the day. I think i decided to go home early as I wasn't feeling well, and I got a call on my way home. Another jeweler in Santa Fe, was calling to ask me when me and my fiance could go in to get sized.

It was a good thing there weren't many people on the road at that point. I am sure I swerved like a maniac. Here was this guy, acting like nothing had happened, who had our rings and didn't bother to call or anything until now. I was livid.

Turns out, the guy we bought our rings from had given this new guy our rings, along with some other merchandise that others were expecting, for fittings and finishing, while he went on vacation. Never bothering to tell anyone.

I told the guy on the phone everything that had transpired over the last few days, and needless to say he was pissed off at me for filing with the police. I got his phone number and told him to wait for a call from T-Man. I then called T-man to tell him the news.

I believe T-Man called him and got the info from him, he was also able to give the guy our ring sizes and told him he would pick them up next week. In the meantime, the other jeweler had contacted our original jeweler in Jordan and gave him my phone number.

That Saturday, he called from Jordan to explain the mess. Seems he was having issues already with his landlord, and was expecting something, though not as drastic as shutting his store down, while he was away. So he gave the merchandise to his friend to finish up and get to the customers. Only neither of them thought to call anyone to tell them that. So he was having to make a lot of calls from home to stem the situation.

The landlord figured that while he was gone, it would be a great time to shut him down. Told anyone who would listen that the guy was a thief. Took everything with him along with the money and hadn't paid rent in months...blah blah blah...

In the end, we got our rings, sized and ready for us before the wedding...along with a wonderful jeweled globe as a wedding present from our original jeweler.

At the same time, we had to take back the rings we purchased from Zales, and were out our deposit money on that, because they had already been sized.

Not the best start to our lives together, but it worked out in the end. Our rings are very dear to us, needless to say.

Quote:
That reminded me of a joke I once heard a comedian do. Don't know why but I always found it funny.

Picture the scene in Rocky where Rocky (Stallone, of course) is being berated by Mickey (Burgess Meredith)...

Mickey: "You're a bum, Rocky!"
Rock y: "I ain't no bum."
Mickey: "You're a bum, I tells ya!"
Rocky: "I ain't no bum."
Mickey: "You're a bum!"
Mickey: "Yes you are! You're a bum!"
Mickey: "Awright, but you're a lousy elocutionist!"

<long pause>

Quote:

I've bveen lucky lately with migraines,,, been awhile,,,my very first one came when staying at Pop Cent.,,, with a beautiful aura and everything. Not know iing what it was i thought i was dying. Or Scotty was trying to beam up the Hippy Dippy Pool.
Well I thought I had been too. I hadn't had one in years, since I started going to the chiropractor. But this one came out of left field and knocked me on my butt.

Quote:
the amazing thing is they learned how to make money on getting you wet.

Quote:
I cringe everytime I hear about somebody having eye problems,,,, it probably is just scratched a bit though.
The funny thing is, I have always had an issue with my eyes...nothing major fortunately, but because I wear make up and eyeliner in particular, a lot of that crud gets into my eye, so I'm constantly picking and prodding...Until something like this happens...

This one in particular was doing everything in its power to get onto the sand, but just couldn’t quite shimmy far enough. Eventually all his hard work getting to where he was, got washed away as he slowly slide back into the water.

Quote:
Reminds me of ME trying to get up the sand dunes at Vero Beach.

Quote:
Yes, almost lifelike.
I know right? It's amazing what they can do now a days.

Quote:
I dunno,, holding on sounds like a good idea to me.
At least someone is with me on this.

Quote:
Yes,,, that's so much better than getting back in quicksand,,,
"...Two, the lightning sand, which you were clever enough to discover what that looks like, so in the future we can avoid that too..."

Quote:
Didn't Tremors take place in New Mexico? HMMM?
Actually, it took place in Perfection, Nevada...and was filmed in California. So i'm safe for now...although I would beg to differ with that after i've watched the movie...

Quote:
We have only been to Sea World in Orlando,, once,, back in '06,,, but without a doubt,, fro me the highlight of the day was watching the guy seat the tourists coming into theh bleacher area to sit,,,,he was a riot! Better than the actual show.
I agree. The pre-show entertainment is always great. The mime is one of my favorites. Of course I haven't been a part of his entertainment series, so that may be why.

Quote:
i love watching the handlers when the animals aren't playing nice.
It is quite entertaining to watch them. They are trying so hard to put on a show for the audience and the poor animal is having none of it. They are really great with the animals but you can see their unease as they try to coax the animal to play nice.

Quote:
Great shark pictures.
Thanks...I think those are a mixture of pics both of us took. It was difficult to catch them just right. They weren't in the mood to stop and pose.

Quote:
thanks Lady H,,, great reporting
Thanks Nebo...Hopefully I will get the next chapter up soon. Work is making me work this week so we'll see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom&RN View Post
Lady H in the picture of you on the gondola your smile says "sure honey I'm having fun" but the death grip you have on the pole says "someone help me!"
I think you nailed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Yikes! I don't remember visiting those sharks. Heather, it looks like you were more afraid of riding the gondola than the Manata. You got some great pics from up there, though.

Hey, we will be heading across your state in a couple of weeks - going to Texas. We've decided that AZ isn't right for us so we're going where the kids are and starting over. I'll wave as we drive through!
I think your right. At least with Manta, there was a seatbelt that I could hold onto and knew I wouldn't fall to my death. The gondola on the other hand was a little spooky as it creaked and swung a little as we headed out over the water.

I'm sorry that AZ didn't work out for you. But I'm glad you are at least going to be closer to your kids. That is a plus. We will be happy to wave back to you!

Thumping Our Way Through Disneyland

We Hopped All The Way To Disneyland Just For Some Dis Meets
Thumper_Man's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:57 AM   #814
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man's Wife View Post
Beam me up scotty!

Sure, as soon as you can tell me what I am doing up at this time Catpain,,, giggle,, I mean Pactain,, giggle,,, oh,, I don't know how much linger the equines can take it!

You're welcome. I have it printed out and hanging by my computer.

Wait,, who we hangin' in effigy by the confusers?

Couldn't get worse...could it?

Absolutely not,, I'm sure of it.
Wish you came with subtitles.

Actually it was a typo. In my lack of sleep induced haze I didn't re-read before posting. but it was a very apt typo.

Thatwas the original name of the Jimi Hendrix song,, but after the market analysis showed it didn't quite work out right,,, well,,,OF COURSE the word PURPLE would work much better. !!

No wonder we all did drugs back then!
They.

No wonder THEY all did drugs back then!

geesh

<sigh> are you sure you really wanna know?

Um,,, I did'nt say a thing,,,
but now that you mention it..

YES

Picture this...January 2007 give or take a couple of months, T-Man and Lady H find a great jewelry store in downtown Santa Fe, not far from their workplace. After a few trips to look around, we find what we want. The jeweler tried to get me to go bigger with the stone. I was already freaking out on how big this one was, and unless the bigger one came with body guards, there was no way...

we set up a payment plan, and paid once a month. Since the wedding was in August, we figured that would give us plenty of time. And it did. We were able to pay them off a couple of months ahead of time and had made plans to go by a few weeks before the wedding to get sized and pick them up.

Ive never really liked it when people try to size me up right away.

About 2 weeks before the wedding, we took our lunch hour to walk down to the store and get sized. As we approached the store, we noticed the lights were off and there was a sign on the door, stating the store was closed. The owner had up and left. I stood there shocked...I wasn't sure what to think.

Next door, the landlord owned another jewelry store, and he saw us standing out front looking beguiled. He told us that the guy just up and left. Took everything with him, and left to Jordan. He even let us into the store to see for ourselves. We found our portfolio, empty, sans our names on the front, and the pocket envelope that should have contained our rings, was empty as well.

With two weeks to go before the wedding, I was at a loss. These were our rings. We had made a point of finding something unique and ours and now they were gone.

Ok, Pause,, I know how this ends,, but htis is just brutal to read,,, my fists are clenching,,, I want to call you up and tell you in all my macho voice that, " Ill get those rings back for you guys,...",,,
So naturally I lost it. I almost fainted and thankfully T-Man just held me and let me cry.

And T-Man, when you are done with her,, can you hold me too?

We filed a complaint with our consumer division, and filed with the local police as well. and set out to find new rings.

Is that when you made them an offer they can't refuse?

Just not our rings.

That Friday, now a week and a day before the wedding, I was driving home in the middle of the day. I think i decided to go home early as I wasn't feeling well, and I got a call on my way home. Another jeweler in Santa Fe, was calling to ask me when me and my fiance could go in to get sized.

It was a good thing there weren't many people on the road at that point. I am sure I swerved like a maniac. Here was this guy, acting like nothing had happened, who had our rings and didn't bother to call or anything until now. I was livid.

Wow, I'll bet! I might have even been a bit angry too.

Turns out, the guy we bought our rings from had given this new guy our rings, along with some other merchandise that others were expecting, for fittings and finishing, while he went on vacation. Never bothering to tell anyone.

I told the guy on the phone everything that had transpired over the last few days, and needless to say he was pissed off at me for filing with the police. I got his phone number and told him to wait for a call from T-Man. I then called T-man to tell him the news.

That Saturday, he called from Jordan to explain the mess.

"And even the Jordan River has, bodies floatin' but you tell,,, MEE,, Over and over again my friends, you don't believe, we're on the Eve of Destruction. "

The landlord figured that while he was gone, it would be a great time to shut him down. Told anyone who would listen that the guy was a thief. Took everything with him along with the money and hadn't paid rent in months...blah blah blah...

Not the best start to our lives together, but it worked out in the end. Our rings are very dear to us, needless to say.

Lady H,, trust me,, our "beginning" wasn't ranked in the top ten either.

Yes,, that I can understand, great storytelling again my dear Lady H.

Well I thought I had been too. I hadn't had one in years, since I started going to the chiropractor. But this one came out of left field and knocked me on my butt.

The ones out of right field are even worse!

The funny thing is, I have always had an issue with my eyes...nothing major fortunately, but because I wear make up and eyeliner in particular, a lot of that crud gets into my eye, so I'm constantly picking and prodding...Until something like this happens...

This one in particular was doing everything in its power to get onto the sand, but just couldn’t quite shimmy far enough. Eventually all his hard work getting to where he was, got washed away as he slowly slide back into the water.

Oh, ok,, um,, are we still talking about your eyes? And how one of them can't quite shimmy good enough to get in the sand,,, and,, uh,,,oh,,, it slides back into the water,,, and,,, uh,,, thanks,, it was nice meeting you a few months ago,,, and maybe we should leave it at that,, ok?

(geesh,, and they say I"M weird!)

I know right? It's amazing what they can do now a days.

With what? Eyes? Bunnies? Turtles?
I'll be over hear if you need me.

At least someone is with me on this.

Can I go back and give myself a second opinion on this? Sometimes I'm better the second time around.

"...Two, the lightning sand, which you were clever enough to discover what that looks like, so in the future we can avoid that too..."

Uh huh,,, "Lightning sand".. Hokay.
And I was CLEVER enough to discover this? uh huh
Is this by the THunder Water? hokay,,, (she doesn't know where I live, does she?)

Actually, it took place in Perfection, Nevada...and was filmed in California. So i'm safe for now...although I would beg to differ with that after i've watched the movie...

Perfection,, yes,, of course it did,, where else could a Fred Ward/Kevin Bacon,, and the guy from Family Ties have their movie take place?

I agree. The pre-show entertainment is always great. The mime is one of my favorites. Of course I haven't been a part of his entertainment series, so that may be why.

Yo know,, I never realized he was trying to be a mime,, but now that you mention it,, yeah,,, that says a lot of how good he was,, when I didn't even realize he was just acting it all out,,,, dang he was good!
Oh wait,,, BACK< BACK<<< see what happened,, you are just trying to distract me right now,,, and then go for the juggler when I'm not looking.
Oh, and don't you just love the juggler in Italy? Sergio I think his name is,, and,,,,,oh,,, come on,, you're doing it again,,,I'm gonna,,,,

It is quite entertaining to watch them. They are trying so hard to put on a show for the audience and the poor animal is having none of it. They are really great with the animals but you can see their unease as they try to coax the animal to play nice.

i remember at the end of Flight's of Wonder once,, watching all the cast members trying to chase down what I think was a bald eagle that decided it didn't want to see the next show, and wanted to see what all the hoopla was about Expediton Everest,,, which he kept hearing was,,,
"So High!"

Thanks Nebo...Hopefully I will get the next chapter up soon. Work is making me work this week so we'll see what happens.

I think you nailed it!

I think your right. At least with Manta, there was a seatbelt that I could hold onto and knew I wouldn't fall to my death. The gondola on the other hand was a little spooky as it creaked and swung a little as we headed out over the water.

Just for the record,, when you can't see well at all,,, you have no idea how many times I have "read/seen" Marita , for Manta.. That 's probably not a good thing, is it? But c'mon,, you slide that "i" into the "r",, you got yourself an "n"!,,, and ok,, I'll shut up now.
\

I'm sorry that AZ didn't work out for you. But I'm glad you are at least going to be closer to your kids. That is a plus. We will be happy to wave back to you!
Met too? Me too? Can I wave too?

uh,, who am I waving at?

Last edited by nebo; 02-20-2013 at 02:15 AM.
nebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #815
Sandy Mouse
distant cousin of Mickey

I'm back and trying to catch up. You didn't do anything fun while I was drowning in a sea of work and stuff, did you?

Sandy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #816
Sandy Mouse
distant cousin of Mickey

Quote:
I'm so glad you liked it! We had so much fun picking out the postcards and then deciding who would get what. They actually had a nice selection to choose from. And how else would you display a DL postcard but with a Mickey magnet?! Sounds like a perfect match to me
Thank you for the postcards! Each granddaughter got one, and they loved them.

Sandy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #817
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Mouse View Post
I'm back and trying to catch up. You didn't do anything fun while I was drowning in a sea of work and stuff, did you?
Welcome back. Nope. Been busy working to. Or are you referring to the TR? In which case, we're having fun at Sea World currently.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #818
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
Thank you for the postcards! Each granddaughter got one, and they loved them.
I think you already thanked us for them, but we'll take the extra Thank You. Glad your grand-daughters loved them. We'd be happy to go it again, anytime.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #819
Jaina
Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long story...

Oh my goodness! I've just popped in here and there, but your wedding ring story about did ME in! So amazing that you didn't lose them forever!

Disneyland fanatic,(that would be me) wonderful DH, DS (6) and DD1 (5) and DD2 (2.5)!
Disney Trips:
5/86-3 years old-the first one!, 5/89, 5/91, 5/93, 6/95, 5/97, 7/98 (WDW! FBLA Nationals-WDW Dolphin), 5/99, 3/00-Senior Trip, 6/01-first time to DCA too, 7/03, 3/05(double family trip when we were engaged), 12/05 (with girlfriends), 3/06 with DH (8 wks pregnant...), 6/09 with DH, 2/13: 1st trip with our kids! (Trip report, including Pre-trip))
Jaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #820
Thumper_Man's Wife
DIS Veteran

Pieces of the puzzle missing...

The fateful music from Jaws was creeping in as we started to hear the tell tale signs of cracking coming from all around us. No…This couldn’t be happening. These tanks were supposed to be solid. Even with these crazy animals inside, there was no way that it could break right? Just then, water sprang from a corner, spraying out like a fountain, then another, and another. This was really happening.

Turning to Mike, who had the same expression I am sure I had on my face, we grabbed each others hands, holding each other close as the slow moving walkway inched us closer to the exit…Or death as it seemed. This was no way to die. No way to embark on our 5th year as man and wife. Slowly the walkway lurched forward and then stopped all together! What? There was no were to go. We were doomed. As JAWS 8.5 came towards us with what looked to me, an eager smile, and the cracks started working their way across the entire length of the tank, we knew this was it. Water started to come from everywhere, the cracks just barely holding together. We knew it was only a matter of seconds maybe before the whole thing gave way.

Just then, my knight in shinning armor realized that just because the moving walkway wasn’t moving, didn’t mean we couldn’t. Grabbing my hand he took off at a run, just in time as the dam burst, water flew over our heads, glass coming at us, the sharks would not be too far behind, up ahead we could see the light at the end of the tunnel, just a few more feet and we would be home free…

Something hits my foot, almost making me tumble forward. I have to put my hands out to balance myself before smacking head first into the pavement. The walkway has ended. I look up to see the glass tank in perfect condition. The sharks swimming along like they have been since we came in. Other people are slowly making their way in from the other end of the tunnel. Mike is already walking ahead of me, making his way to the exit. Wow…Talk about your crazy daydreams. I shake my head and hurry up to catch up with Mike.

Our next stop on our SW tour brought us to the sea turtles. Now I know we already saw some earlier on, however, those were on land…or at least trying to get on land. I wonder if he ever made it up? Poor little fella.

But these turtles were swimming around; just enjoying life as they munched on lettuce leafs and lazily made their way to the next area of the tank.

At this point, we decided to make our way to the other side of the park so we could hit up Journey to Atlantis. As we strolled along, we noticed that the line to ride the Skytower was no longer a mile long, so since we were here, we figured, might as well.

We walked up the long winding ramp that lead to the entrance. You could see the tower making its way down from the last ride, so it shouldn’t be too much longer until we got on. I was excited.

We hadn’t had a chance to do this the last time we were here. It was cloudy and windy that day and they had shut down the ride due to the weather. This was our chance to do something new.

The ride itself is nothing spectacular. It’s a big round glass enclosure, with a circular bench seat. You sit facing the outside, and once in, you slowly rotate all the way up this big pole, and then rotate all the way down. It’s a very slow, leisurly ride, giving you complete access to the fantastic views of the park. This is one of those moments where you can look around and see what you have missed or what you may want to do next.

Here is a sky view of Manta.

The dolphins being fed during a break in their show

Journey to Atlantis

A view of the water

From here, we decided to stop again for something to drink. It was hot and we were parched. After stopping for our drink we once again made our way towards Journey to Atlantis.

Of course, we got distracted once again by another show. This time it was Blue Horizons. This show is really great. Of course I’m a little bias. I absolutely love dolphins and any show that features them is great in my book.

The show is a mix of stunts and acrobatics blended with dolpins and whales and birds. There is so much to see when watching this.

For this show, the animals were better behaved and were having a great time with the audience.

Say hi to the nice people on land!

Hello people!

This guy was trying to be Superman…

Wanting to interact with the crowd.

Hello Whale

Riding the whale

Showoffs…

Once the show finished you have a choice of exiting stage left or stage right…we chose stage left and ended up at the dolphin play area.

And boy were they playful!

This guy kept creeping in for a peek. I think he was looking for food, as the trainers were on the other side working with a group of people who paid to hang out with the dolphins.

Pretty soon the dolphins got board with the humans and wandered off to the trainers.

We continued our way towards Journey to Atlantis, and saw this guy sniffing around.

We stopped in the market place area once more for a drink and T-Man took a picture of the flags right in front.

Now this is where things get fuzzy. According to T-Man, he says we went on Journey to Atlantis. I remember walking down that way, and my memory says that they were sending down empty cars, which to us made it seem like they were testing the ride. T-Man however, has a more vivid imagination and insists we went on the ride. He even says he was trying to calm down a kid that was scared. I don’t remember this…I blame it on my eye problems. Gotta blame something. I mean it can’t be my fault right?

I do remember towards the end of the day, heading to the Shamu show, “One Ocean”. This was the first time we caught this show after the name had changed. The idea behind the change was to focus more on what we as humans can do to protect the waters for these animals, and why it is so important to take care of our lakes, and oceans.

As we made our way to the theater, we passed the dining with Shamu area. One of these days I would like to do this. It just seems like it would be a fun experience to watch the whales play and roam while you’re eating lunch or dinner.

T-Man finds some seats near the front, in the “splash zone” of course, and we sit and wait for the show to begin.

As you sit and wait, you have the usual employees trying to sell everything from towels and blankets, to hats and bubble guns. Of course all the kids are begging parents to get them one or the other. Bubbles are popping up everywhere around us.

On the jumbo tron you have ways to ask questions or befriend one of the cartoon “buddies” via text. You can even send shout outs to your human friends that will show up on the screen randomly.

They let a couple of the killer whales out to keep the guests entertained. Sort of like letting a runner take a few laps around the track before the big race.

And then the show began!

I’ll leave it here for now, and start working on my next chapter so I can close this day out. I hope I can get it up this weekend! I’m working today, so we’ll see what I can manage to write out while I’m here at the office alone. I mean…I’m so busy with work that I don’t know if I will be able to do any more on this today…yeah…that’s it…

Old 02-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #821
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaina View Post
Oh my goodness! I've just popped in here and there, but your wedding ring story about did ME in! So amazing that you didn't lose them forever!
Hey, new person. Howdy and welcome to our TR. We always like people to pop in more often than just here and there. Don't be shy, we don't bite. Well at least not me and Lady H. Watch out for Nebo and Pkondz though. J/K. They're great people.

The ring story was an interesting time in our lives. What kind of wedding what it be without a little drama. Every wedding needs a little drama, right? There was even a little more story to the rings than this. Once we found out this new guy had the rings, I went to where his store was at, so I can verify that those were the rings. Yup, sure enough, those were them.

The new guy wanted to start making deals with me. He wanted us to make sure we were going to drop the charges against his friend, and call the paper back to right a follow up story. I told him, sure thing. Once the rings are in my possession. He said he would only turn them over if we dropped the charges and wanted a signed agreement; plus the story to the press. I told him, "technically I don't have to give you a signed agreement. The rings are paid in full and if you don't want to release them to me, I'll just call the police detective back and tell him you are holding my property. I can have you charged with conspiracy. But just to keep the piece, I'll sign one. Also, we'll call the press, but since I don't control them and don't work for them, I can't guarantee they'll print a follow up story." Needless to say, it worked out in the end.

(Photo courtesy of: Mark Woods of Woody Photography)
Old 02-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #822
Thumper_Man's Wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sure, as soon as you can tell me what I am doing up at this time Catpain,,, giggle,, I mean Pactain,, giggle,,, oh,, I don't know how much linger the equines can take it!

Quote:
Wait,, who we hangin' in effigy by the confusers?
You are...

Quote:
Absolutely not,, I'm sure of it.
Wish you came with subtitles.
That would be too simple. I can't make this easy on you now...

Quote:

No wonder THEY all did drugs back then!

geesh
Sure...uh huh..."they"......

Quote:
Um,,, I did'nt say a thing,,,
but now that you mention it..

YES
You asked for it.

Quote:
Ive never really liked it when people try to size me up right away.
It's very rude I think.

Quote:
Ok, Pause,, I know how this ends,, but htis is just brutal to read,,, my fists are clenching,,, I want to call you up and tell you in all my macho voice that, " Ill get those rings back for you guys,...",,,
Awww...so sweet. Thanks.

Quote:
I'm not sure either of you would be comfortable doing that...

Quote:
Is that when you made them an offer they can't refuse?
If only. Even after all the crap we had been through and me looking a mess, they still charged us an arm and a leg for them.

Quote:
Wow, I'll bet! I might have even been a bit angry too.
Anger had flown out the window long before that point.

Quote:
"And even the Jordan River has, bodies floatin' but you tell,,, MEE,, Over and over again my friends, you don't believe, we're on the Eve of Destruction. "
Very appropriate actually.

Quote:
Lady H,, trust me,, our "beginning" wasn't ranked in the top ten either.

Yes,, that I can understand, great storytelling again my dear Lady H.
Thanks. I tried. We laugh about that NOW...but back then, it was anything but a laughing matter.

Quote:
Perfection,, yes,, of course it did,, where else could a Fred Ward/Kevin Bacon,, and the guy from Family Ties have their movie take place?
Can't forget Reba McEntire...

Quote:
Yo know,, I never realized he was trying to be a mime,, but now that you mention it,, yeah,,, that says a lot of how good he was,, when I didn't even realize he was just acting it all out,,,, dang he was good!
Oh wait,,, BACK< BACK<<< see what happened,, you are just trying to distract me right now,,, and then go for the juggler when I'm not looking.
Oh, and don't you just love the juggler in Italy? Sergio I think his name is,, and,,,,,oh,,, come on,, you're doing it again,,,I'm gonna,,,,
Who me? Would I ever distract you and then take you out when you weren't looking?

Oh hey...look at that...

Quote:
Just for the record,, when you can't see well at all,,, you have no idea how many times I have "read/seen" Marita , for Manta.. That 's probably not a good thing, is it? But c'mon,, you slide that "i" into the "r",, you got yourself an "n"!,,, and ok,, I'll shut up now.
I'll remember to keep my r's and i's seperated from now on if possible.

Quote:
As T-Man mentioned we've been drowning ourselves. So no worries. I'm knee deep in planning a summit for our office and that has dipped into my Dis time I'm hoping it won't be for too much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaina View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
Hey, new person. Howdy and welcome to our TR. We always like people to pop in more often than just here and there. Don't be shy, we don't bite. Well at least not me and Lady H. Watch out for Nebo and Pkondz though. J/K. They're great people.

The ring story was an interesting time in our lives. What kind of wedding what it be without a little drama. Every wedding needs a little drama, right? There was even a little more story to the rings than this. Once we found out this new guy had the rings, I went to where his store was at, so I can verify that those were the rings. Yup, sure enough, those were them.

The new guy wanted to start making deals with me. He wanted us to make sure we were going to drop the charges against his friend, and call the paper back to right a follow up story. I told him, sure thing. Once the rings are in my possession. He said he would only turn them over if we dropped the charges and wanted a signed agreement; plus the story to the press. I told him, "technically I don't have to give you a signed agreement. The rings are paid in full and if you don't want to release them to me, I'll just call the police detective back and tell him you are holding my property. I can have you charged with conspiracy. But just to keep the piece, I'll sign one. Also, we'll call the press, but since I don't control them and don't work for them, I can't guarantee they'll print a follow up story." Needless to say, it worked out in the end.

(Photo courtesy of: Mark Woods of Woody Photography)
Those rings mean the world to us now. After all we did to get them back and all we went through...We have a few repairs we need to make to them 5 years later, but we are so scared to place them in the hands of another jeweler we have let them be.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #823
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

First off. Wow. Just. Wow. Can't believe the whole drama with the rings. Not that a wedding is stressful, so you can always add some in....

Quote:
The fateful music from Jaws was creeping in as we started to hear the tell tale signs of cracking coming from all around us.
bum ba bum ba bum ba bum ba Bum Ba Bum Ba BUM BA BUM BA Deedle eeee Deedle eeee

Quote:
No…This couldn’t be happening. These tanks were supposed to be solid.
Class? What's the key word here?

That's right! "supposed"!

Quote:
Even with these crazy animals inside,
Oh, man. A shark's bad enough... but an insane shark? How bad would that be?

Pretty Bad.

Quote:
there was no way that it could break right?
Of course not. Don't worry.

DID YOU NOT SEE THAT VIDEO FROM THE CHINESE AQUARIUM?????

sorry.

Quote:
Just then, water sprang from a corner, spraying out like a fountain, then another, and another. This was really happening.
No biggie. All you need is a little dutch boy to plug the leaks. It's Sea World for Pete's sakes. There's got to be one around somewhere.

Quote:
Turning to Mike, who had the same expression I am sure I had on my face,
Wonder? Delight? Am I close?

Quote:
we grabbed each others hands, holding each other close as the slow moving walkway inched us closer to the exit…Or death as it seemed.
Ya know.... I'm okay with that. If death is approaching I would prefer it to inch forward. That way I can compliment him on his flashy black robe and snazzy scythe.

Never hurts to be polite.

(It was the salmon mousse)

Quote:
This was no way to die.
You're right. I want to die in bed. Shot by a jealous husband.

What? Would you prefer to go like my Uncle? Quietly in his sleep? Not yelling and screaming like the passengers on his plane?

Quote:
Slowly the walkway lurched forward and then stopped all together! What? There was no were to go.
Reminds me of the time I almost passed out from dehydration. I was stuck on a stalled escalator for hours!

Quote:
We were doomed. As JAWS 8.5 came towards us
8.5? 8 point 5? What. Ya got a half a shark there? Front half bad, back half, not so bad.

Quote:
Just then, my knight in shinning armor
Shinning armor is good for shinning up and down trees and fences but not that great against sharks.

Trust me. I know.

Quote:
Something hits my foot, almost making me tumble forward. I have to put my hands out to balance myself before smacking head first into the pavement.
Whoops! How’d I get back onto Nebo’s thread?

Odd.

Quote:
The walkway has ended. I look up to see the glass tank in perfect condition. The sharks swimming along like they have been since we came in. Other people are slowly making their way in from the other end of the tunnel. Mike is already walking ahead of me, making his way to the exit. Wow…Talk about your crazy daydreams. I shake my head and hurry up to catch up with Mike.
I liked the first version better. I wanted to see if Mike would sacrifice himself to save you.

One of the few times you can say, “Bite me.” And not be considered rude.

Also works with vampires, zombies and small children.

Quote:
Our next stop on our SW tour
Geez. I’ve been DISneyfied. I see SW and think Snow White? No it’s a ride, Space Wountain?

Quote:
brought us to the sea turtles. Now I know we already saw some earlier on, however, those were on land…or at least trying to get on land. I wonder if he ever made it up? Poor little fella.
He did. But then he looked around and saw all the people on land and realized that only the dumb animals were up there… so he hopped back into the water.

Quote:
At this point, we decided to make our way to the other side of the park
The other side? Oh! SW is Star Wars! Of course.

Stupid of me.

Quote:
As we strolled along, we noticed that the line to ride the Skytower was no longer a mile long, so since we were here, we figured, might as well.
Might as well what? Oh, yeah. Go to the Other Side.

<sound of mechanized, heavy breathing>

“Mike, I am your Father.”
Mike screams back, “No! Not Nebo! Noooooooo….”

(Well who else among us will probably injure himself enough to need a machine to do his breathing for him?)

Quote:
I was excited.
Mike, you lucky dog, you.

Quote:
You sit facing the outside, and once in, you slowly rotate all the way up this big pole, and then rotate all the way down.
I am so not touching that line with a ten foot, er… umm… Just forget I said anything.

Quote:

Those aren’t dolphins.

Oh, you mean the dolphins were being fed to the Killer Whales? Wow, so that’s the price for poor performance, huh?

Pretty harsh.

Quote:
Oh! There are the dolphins you were talking about. Disregard my previous comment.

Or are those the replacement dolphins?

Where’s Keanu Reeves when you need him?

Quote:
The show is a mix of stunts and acrobatics blended with dolpins and whales and birds. There is so much to see when watching this.
Sounds pretty good. I’ve never seen a marine show where birds are added to the mix.

Quote:
For this show, the animals were better behaved and were having a great time with the audience.
Well, yeah. They didn’t want to wind up as killer whale food.

Quote:
Now this is where things get fuzzy.
Musta been a really good drink!

Quote:
According to T-Man, he says we went on Journey to Atlantis. I remember walking down that way, and my memory says that they were sending down empty cars, which to us made it seem like they were testing the ride. T-Man however, has a more vivid imagination and insists we went on the ride. He even says he was trying to calm down a kid that was scared. I don’t remember this…I blame it on my eye problems. Gotta blame something. I mean it can’t be my fault right?
Right. If there’s anything I’ve learned after more than 20 years of marriage it’s this:

The husband is never, ever right.

Quote:
As we made our way to the theater, we passed the dining with Shamu area. One of these days I would like to do this. It just seems like it would be a fun experience to watch the whales play and roam while you’re eating lunch or dinner.
We did that a few years ago at the Vancouver Aquarium. We were waiting for a show and decided to have lunch while we waited. The whales were swimming around the whole time. It was nice just to sit and watch them while we ate and chatted.

Quote:
As you sit and wait, you have the usual employees trying to sell everything from towels and blankets, to hats and bubble guns.
A theme park trying to sell stuff? What will they think of next?!?!

Quote:
They let a couple of the killer whales out to keep the guests entertained.
All done eating the dolphins.

Quote:
Sort of like letting a runner take a few laps around the track before the big race.
A runner with a great big mouth filled with huge sharp teeth.

Yup. Same thing.

Quote:
I’ll leave it here for now, and start working on my next chapter so I can close this day out. I hope I can get it up this weekend! I’m working today, so we’ll see what I can manage to write out while I’m here at the office alone. I mean…I’m so busy with work that I don’t know if I will be able to do any more on this today…yeah…that’s it…
Sounds good. Thanks for the chapter Heather! :

Quote:
Don't be shy, we don't bite. Well at least not me and Lady H. Watch out for Nebo and Pkondz though. J/K. They're great people.
No, no. You’re right to beware. Mike’s right, we do bite.

I’m just kidding too! We don’t bite! Ha Ha!

Only Nebo bites.

Quote:
The new guy wanted to start making deals with me. He wanted us to make sure we were going to drop the charges against his friend, and call the paper back to right a follow up story. I told him, sure thing. Once the rings are in my possession. He said he would only turn them over if we dropped the charges and wanted a signed agreement; plus the story to the press
I can’t believe that guy’s nerve! I know you were wanting your rings back, but I think I would have (as I pulled my cell phone out of my pocket) said something like, “No problem. I’ll just call the cops and let them know that you are in possession of stolen property. This is 123 Anystreet, right?”

Grrrr…..

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not sure either of you would be comfortable doing that...
Be sure to take a picture and post it here, ‘kay?

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 02-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #824
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Ok. I never did comment much on Lady H's latest chapter. I went in search of the missing pieces and I think I found some of them. So let me see if I can clear up some of information.

Quote:
At this point, we decided to make our way to the other side of the park so we could hit up Journey to Atlantis. As we strolled along, we noticed that the line to ride the Skytower was no longer a mile long, so since we were here, we figured, might as well.

We walked up the long winding ramp that lead to the entrance. You could see the tower making its way down from the last ride, so it shouldn’t be too much longer until we got on. I was excited.

We hadn’t had a chance to do this the last time we were here. It was cloudy and windy that day and they had shut down the ride due to the weather. This was our chance to do something new.

The ride itself is nothing spectacular. It’s a big round glass enclosure, with a circular bench seat. You sit facing the outside, and once in, you slowly rotate all the way up this big pole, and then rotate all the way down. It’s a very slow, leisurly ride, giving you complete access to the fantastic views of the park. This is one of those moments where you can look around and see what you have missed or what you may want to do next.
Ok. The first missing piece of the puzzle comes in here.

It was either before the Skytower ride, or after the ride that the alleged "Dumb Wife" conveniently left a part out. My best guess is before the Skytower ride.

So with that statement, your first clue here should've been "Dumb Wife."

As Lady H has self proclaimed, any time she gets on a roller coaster, she likes to chant "dumb wife, dumb wife." You all want to guess what this alleged dumb wife did?

If anyone said, she went on Manta again, you would be right.

But hold on there's more.

Lady H has never been a fan of riding in the front row on roller coasters. Not even on BTMRR. She prefers to sit more towards the middle or back. Guess who sat in the front row?

If you said Lady H (and shame on you for those of you who said dumb wife), you would be correct again.

But wait, there's more.

After getting off Manta, we see there is still only a 5-minute wait for the ride. Guess who went on the ride again? Yup, dumb wife.

Oops, I meant Lady H. My bad.

So now, not only has she done the front row in Manta; she has also done Manta back to back.

But wait, there's still even more.

Ok, there's really not more. I was just seeing who's still paying attention. She did contemplate going a 3rd time in a row though but if we were going to see everything this day, then we figured we better move on. There are still 2 shows we haven't seen that we want to see, and still the other side of the park to see.

Quote:
From here, we decided to stop again for something to drink. It was hot and we were parched. After stopping for our drink we once again made our way towards Journey to Atlantis.
If I remember correctly, she was screaming and having fun on Manta. Not the "oh prac" scream, but the "this is fun" scream. She needed a drink to help get her voice back.

Quote:
Of course, we got distracted once again by another show. This time it was Blue Horizons. This show is really great. Of course I’m a little bias. I absolutely love dolphins and any show that features them is great in my book.

Once she is completely done with this chapter, I'll post a link with more pics from our day at Sea World.

Quote:
Once the show finished you have a choice of exiting stage left or stage right…we chose stage left and ended up at the dolphin play area.
Ok, missing piece #2. This was actually my fault, so I'll take the blame here. When I uploaded the pics to Flickr, I uploaded these pictures in the wrong order. We actually did the dolphin play area before Blue Horizons. We've been looking at the pictures trying to remember the order of events for this day.

Ok, I'll go back to the corner now.

Quote:
We stopped in the market place area once more for a drink and T-Man took a picture of the flags right in front.

Now this is where things get fuzzy. According to T-Man, he says we went on Journey to Atlantis. I remember walking down that way, and my memory says that they were sending down empty cars, which to us made it seem like they were testing the ride. T-Man however, has a more vivid imagination and insists we went on the ride. He even says he was trying to calm down a kid that was scared. I don’t remember this…I blame it on my eye problems. Gotta blame something. I mean it can’t be my fault right?
Final piece of the puzzle that I could find. Lady H is correct that they were sending down empty cars. They were; back on April 17, 2011. This was the day we took our first trip to Sea World. Back on this day, Manta was still being built. JtA was one of the only rides at the time. When we got to the park this day, we went straight to JtA. The ride wasn't open yet. They were sending down empty cars to test the ride. The worker assigned to guarding the entrance took out her triton, pointed it at us and said "You shall not pass!"

We asked her if she knew when the ride would be open, she said in a couple of hours or so. So we left to explore the park and would return later. So Lady H is correct that they were sending down empty cars, just not on the day this TR is taking place.

Fast forward to August 29, 2012 (the day Lady H is currently writing about). Now I'm not a master of Photoshop like our friend Ponzi. I was able to zoom in close enough on the picture she posted of JtA (taken from the Skytower). It shows people standing around, watching the cars as they come down the big drop. You see people entering the ride.

Now on the ride itself, I do remember the little boy who I say was about 6-7 years old. The reason he sticks out in my mind is because he did not want to ride the ride. We've all read on the Dis many times about parents forcing their kids to ride big rides. This was one of those situations. From the time we were in line, to the time we got off the ride; his mother was persistent he was going to ride and enjoy it. Once on the ride he was crying, scared and wanted off. His mother kept telling him it would be ok. So to help, Lady H and I started talking to him as well. Otherwise we wouldn't have enjoyed the ride ourselves. This helped for a little while, until it was time for the big drop. Thank God of the lap bar. This kid was ready to jump out right before we started ascending up to the big drop.

After the big drop, he was crying but was happy it was over. We all applauded him for his courage and that he did it. He was all smiles for a while, but little did he know that the ride wasn't quite over. At this JtA, there is this type of lift that lifts the car pretty quick up to the top to start the coaster part of the ride. This little boy about lost it again. His mother was laughing and holding on to him, trying to comfort him as he was screaming and crying. At the end, we gave him a high five and reassured him he was a big boy now. Once the ride was over, I've never seen anyone get off a ride so fast in all my life.

After we got off the ride, we headed over to get a snack and a final drink before attending Shamu.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #825
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Ok. I never did comment much on Lady H's latest chapter. I went in search of the missing pieces and I think I found some of them. So let me see if I can clear up some of information.
You realise of course that if you'd just kept quiet none of us would've been the wiser?

This reflects poorly on Mrs. T.

hmmmm... does that make you like one of those funhouse mirrors?

Quote:
You all want to guess what this alleged dumb wife did?
A belly flop in the killer whale pool?
Tested out the diamond on her ring by trying to carve a hole in the shark tank?
Tried to recreate a Steve Irwin moment in the stingray pool? (still too soon??)

Quote:
If anyone said, she went on Manta again, you would be right.
Oh... missed it by that much. (just watched Get Smart again)

Quote:
Lady H has never been a fan of riding in the front row on roller coasters. Not even on BTMRR. She prefers to sit more towards the middle or back. Guess who sat in the front row?
Steve Buscemi?
Richard Kiel?
I got it! Kevin Bacon! He's in everything!

Quote:
If you said Lady H (and shame on you for those of you who said dumb wife), you would be correct again.
Sorry about that chief.

Quote:
But wait, there's more.
A free prize in every box? Oh boy oh boyoboyboy!!!

Quote:
After getting off Manta, we see there is still only a 5-minute wait for the ride. Guess who went on the ride again? Yup, dumb wife.

Oops, I meant Lady H. My bad.
Just out of curiosity, how was sleeping on the couch the night you posted this?

Quote:
But wait, there's still even more.

Ok, there's really not more. I was just seeing who's still paying attention.
The old 'bait and switch' huh?

Quote:
Now I'm not a master of Photoshop like our friend Ponzi.
thank you

Quote:
Now on the ride itself, I do remember the little boy who I say was about 6-7 years old. The reason he sticks out in my mind is because he did not want to ride the ride. We've all read on the Dis many times about parents forcing their kids to ride big rides.
I would love to see some statistics on this. How many kids "get over it" and really do enjoy the ride either during or afterwards versus the number of kids who develop phobias or even a simple dislike for rides because they were forced on.

When I took my DDs to WDW the first time, they were 4 and 8.

No HM, no coasters of any kind, no POC. We did ride Alladdin's Carpets 7 times in a row... and they had a blast. I guess I"m a bad parent 'cause I didn't make them cry and force them on a ride they didn't want to do on the chance that they might like it anyway. I'm surprised they weren't taken away from me for being a bad parent 'cause they were smiling and laughing pretty much the whole week we were there.

Ah well, to each his or her own.

Tags
disneyland trip 2012

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: