Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #91
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy55girl

Find anything interesting? I think my biggest finds are the free pastries in Cove Cafe, ordering coffee the night before, and the room service cheese platter!
All of those are great! I loved the snacks in cove cafe! Sometimes they have pastries, sometimes cheese and olives, etc...!

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:59 PM   #92
sturner324
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy55girl

Find anything interesting? I think my biggest finds are the free pastries in Cove Cafe, ordering coffee the night before, and the room service cheese platter!
Sounds great - can't wait!

Is anyone planning on a shore excursion?

Disney Wonder + Disneyland Hotel - Early 5yr Anniversary - Sept 2013
Pop Century - DH's birthday weekend extravaganza - July 2013
Animal Kingdom Lodge - My Christmas Surprise - Dec 2012
Port Orleans Riverside - Mom's 1st trip - April 2012
Boardwalk Inn - Honeymoon - May 2009
Pop Century - 19th birthday/My 1st trip - March 2006
sturner324 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #93
robandjenb
Jen B.

Transfers

I have a quick question for everyone. We will be renting a car while in California. Not sure how to get from the port to Anaheim. We usually rent a car from the airport through Cost-co travel. So not sure if we should get a cab to car rental. And how far is the port from Anaheim??

Thanks again
robandjenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:13 PM   #94
KEmum
Earning My Ears

I'm looking forward to the chocolate-covered strawberries, some good coffee and quiet time with DH while the kids play in the clubs! The tip about the coffee is good, but we're kinda snobby about our coffee so we'll try it and see, hahaha.

No port excursions for us BUT we are looking forward to walking the pier and seeing the sea lions at pier 39. We're looking forward to swimming in the pool while people are away!

We had thought about renting a car but once we started pricing out shuttles it made way more sense to just shuttle ourselves from the cruise to DL and back to LAX. I don't have any advice for you, we were going to be at the mercy of our cab driver. :D

Any other great inside tips for the Wonder?
Old 02-22-2013, 02:00 AM   #95
happy55girl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturner324

Sounds great - can't wait!

Is anyone planning on a shore excursion?
This is our 3rd time to SanFran but we've yet to do a wine tour. I'm hoping the boys are comfortable enough in the club that we can take one!

Septmeber 2012 Wonder 6 night Repo Van - LA
September 2013 Wonder 5 night Repo Van - LA
happy55girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:05 AM   #96
happy55girl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robandjenb
I have a quick question for everyone. We will be renting a car while in California. Not sure how to get from the port to Anaheim. We usually rent a car from the airport through Cost-co travel. So not sure if we should get a cab to car rental. And how far is the port from Anaheim??

Thanks again
After last years cruise we rented for Enterprise. A shuttle comes directly to the port and takes u to their shop. That being said A LOT of other people had the same idea and it was very chaotic. We weren't going into Anaheim but were going to the airport with a few detours to Venice beach and Santa Monica Pier. Honestly, I just printed directions off google map before leaving home, packed them with me and when we passed a gas station I picked up a local map and we were good to go!

Septmeber 2012 Wonder 6 night Repo Van - LA
September 2013 Wonder 5 night Repo Van - LA
happy55girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #97
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robandjenb View Post

Thanks again
I live between the port and Anaheim, and I have a friend who has a shuttle service, He'll give you a great price. Let me know if you'd like his contact info.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #98
KEmum
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
I live between the port and Anaheim, and I have a friend who has a shuttle service, He'll give you a great price. Let me know if you'd like his contact info.
That would be wonderful!
Old 02-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #99
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEmum View Post
That would be wonderful!
His name is Dave Rowe, with Execucar. # 562-301-4842. Tell him Susan Kelley referred you.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:21 AM   #100
squirrel
DIS Veteran

We are also at Main Dining. My mom thought late dining was too late. Not sure when she is planning to eat Mickey Bars with the early dining.

I don't know, seems like all you do is eat! I do know that on Pirate Night they had a huge buffet of food out on the deck but I was so stuffed from dinner I only had a crepe with some ice cream.

Haven't finalized transportation to Van, from San Pedro to Desert Inn & suites, from hotel to LAX or Bellingham home.

We don't have a reliable vehicle to transport all 4 of us and our luggage to Vancouver and home from Bellingham.

I should have checked to see if anyone needed DL tickets. Flight Centre had a good deal on them last week. I bought from them last year when they had a sale.
WDW (Pop) Sept. 5-19 2008 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Oct. 1-15 2009 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Sept. 30-Oct. 14 2010 Free Dining
WDW (Pop-BC) Sept. 29-Oct. 13 2011 Free Dining
Wonder and DLR (BWPPI) Sept. 10-20 2012
Wonder and DLR (DI&S) Sept. 9-21 2013
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #101
robandjenb
Jen B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
We are also at Main Dining. My mom thought late dining was too late. Not sure when she is planning to eat Mickey Bars with the early dining.

I don't know, seems like all you do is eat! I do know that on Pirate Night they had a huge buffet of food out on the deck but I was so stuffed from dinner I only had a crepe with some ice cream.

Haven't finalized transportation to Van, from San Pedro to Desert Inn & suites, from hotel to LAX or Bellingham home.

We don't have a reliable vehicle to transport all 4 of us and our luggage to Vancouver and home from Bellingham.

I should have checked to see if anyone needed DL tickets. Flight Centre had a good deal on them last week. I bought from them last year when they had a sale.

I looked for DL tickets and couldn't find any deals for September through Flight Centre.

We haven't booked our return flight yet. Waiting for Alligiant to post their Sept flights.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #102
robandjenb
Jen B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark View Post
His name is Dave Rowe, with Execucar. # 562-301-4842. Tell him Susan Kelley referred you.
Thank-you Susan.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:28 AM   #103
squirrel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robandjenb View Post
I looked for DL tickets and couldn't find any deals for September through Flight Centre.

We haven't booked our return flight yet. Waiting for Alligiant to post their Sept flights.
They are listed under theme park/attractions if I recall correctly. It ended last Tuesday. I didn't wait for my Flight Centre TA, I booked them with another TA at Flight Centre.

I booked our flights a month or so ago with Alaska. We are flying into Bellingham, closer than Vancouver.
WDW (Pop) Sept. 5-19 2008 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Oct. 1-15 2009 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Sept. 30-Oct. 14 2010 Free Dining
WDW (Pop-BC) Sept. 29-Oct. 13 2011 Free Dining
Wonder and DLR (BWPPI) Sept. 10-20 2012
Wonder and DLR (DI&S) Sept. 9-21 2013
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #104
scottjm
Doing it right this time with B2B cruises!

Mickey Bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
So where exactly to do you Mickey Bars on the cruises. My DD11 has only gotten them at dinner, but I have heard they are available, but never saw where.
11/5/11 - Disney Magic - Eastern Caribbean - B2B
11/12/11- Disney Magic - Western Caribbean
9/2/13 - Disney Wonder - Alaska - B2B
9/9/13 - Disney Wonder - Vancouver - LA
scottjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #105
sandracox67
Earning My Ears

Just checking in

We're booked!

Just checking in - Myself and DH just finalized our booking. This will be our third Disney cruise - our last was on the Wonder last September (California Coast - Pixar cruise).

To address a couple of things I've read on this forum -

We did the FE for the first time last year and had a blast! The person running it capped it at a specific date and we ended up with about 15-20 cabins participating. Enough people wanted to do it after that date that they set up a second one. I think it had around the same number of cabins.

: Mickey bars from room service are the best! Makes a great snack anytime but especially just before bedtime. And they're free! (but please tip your room service person)

Also, we're planning on spending a day or two in Vancouver before the cruise. We've never been before so can anyone recommend stuff to do and/or a good (affordable) hotel to stay at?

TIA
sandracox67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: