Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #1891
Ccann
Mouseketeer

2 in a row???? Anyone out there???
Old 02-22-2013, 07:01 PM   #1892
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccann View Post
My Daughter took the last of the milk this morning. Because I live in a cult de sac we are last on the list. A plow came into our circle to turn around instead of pushing snow to a side they pushed it up to my drive blocking me in (4 feet high) So mad. My good neighbor took a snow blower to give me and everyone a path out... We have about 9" and suppose to get 2-3 more Monday. (4year old has to have his milk)

It s sunny and pretty out but both kids have been having temps and sniffles so I am not letting them go out. Makes for a long day inside this small house.

We got out to the gas station for milk all the main roads are clear.... But side streets crazy... I was ready for summer, I have my first tournament in a month so really need it to warm up soon.
What part of the country are you in (I'm guessing somewhere in the mid-west since GMA said that's the part that got hit so hard in this storm)? What kind of tournament do you have coming up? I hate to say it but I spent a couple of hours this afternoon pulling weeds! It was quite pleasant here (CA) today. In the 60's and sunny. Of course, the weeds like this weather too

Angie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 07:02 PM   #1893
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
2 in a row???? Anyone out there???
Congrats! I've never managed two in a row
Old 02-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #1894
Ccann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer
What part of the country are you in (I'm guessing somewhere in the mid-west since GMA said that's the part that got hit so hard in this storm)? What kind of tournament do you have coming up? I hate to say it but I spent a couple of hours this afternoon pulling weeds! It was quite pleasant here (CA) today. In the 60's and sunny. Of course, the weeds like this weather too

Angie
I live just outside of Kansas City, MO. We have had a mild winter until this week next two weeks the temp will be in the 20-30 range so no hope of the snow melting.

I run, and Host softball tournaments for ASA. I have a couple of high profile events in the summer with teams from all over the country come to. A lot of teams will play tournaments starting in March. I don't have an event until the first week of April. It's sad but these coaches think because California can play all year we should too...haha

The facility that I run events out of has a field under construction. It's suppose to be ready to go next week. But with the snow they cant remove the old material until the snows gone. I just need it done sooner rather then later.

I would love to visit CA I have done some out of country traveling but I have only been as far as Colorado in my own country. One day ill make it out there. I would take 60 degree weather over this any day.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #1895
Donald_Quackers
Quacktastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer View Post
Congrats! I've never managed two in a row
I've never managed one, but it doesn't really bother me...no, really...*eye twitches*.

Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7 Nights
Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nights/4 nights @ POFQ
Dec '08 -- Disney Wonder 4 Nights/2 nights @ Pop Cent. / Dec '07 -- Coronado Springs
Dec '04, '05 / Oct '03 -- Off Site/Vacation Home
Sleep Apnea diagnosed June 2012
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!
Old 02-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #1896
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I live just outside of Kansas City, MO. We have had a mild winter until this week next two weeks the temp will be in the 20-30 range so no hope of the snow melting.

I run, and Host softball tournaments for ASA. I have a couple of high profile events in the summer with teams from all over the country come to. A lot of teams will play tournaments starting in March. I don't have an event until the first week of April. It's sad but these coaches think because California can play all year we should too...haha

The facility that I run events out of has a field under construction. It's suppose to be ready to go next week. But with the snow they cant remove the old material until the snows gone. I just need it done sooner rather then later.

I would love to visit CA I have done some out of country traveling but I have only been as far as Colorado in my own country. One day ill make it out there. I would take 60 degree weather over this any day.
One of my cousins lives fairly close to you. She's in St. Louis. Maybe we can try to send some warmer weather your way It always amazes me how much there is to see right here in the US!

Angie
Old 02-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #1897
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My cousin lives in Kansas City. He has an automotive shop in Olathe, I believe.

hope the snow melts for y'all soon!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 02-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #1898
Ccann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink

My cousin lives in Kansas City. He has an automotive shop in Olathe, I believe.

hope the snow melts for y'all soon!
I am in Olathe often with softball stuff. its a good 30-45 minutes away from me.

I hope it melts soon too... we are suppose to get more on Monday... Heres hoping they are wrong.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #1899
Ccann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieCruzer
One of my cousins lives fairly close to you. She's in St. Louis. Maybe we can try to send some warmer weather your way It always amazes me how much there is to see right here in the US!

Angie
Oh I know... Theres several things I would like to do:
my bucket list is very long....
Old 02-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #1900
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
Have a great race and fun in Disney...

Yep, we tossed that idea around...but I think we will still fly...

stay safe and warm....ours is going to hit tonite they say around 10pm...so will see what happens.

have a good evening
I went to the AK this morning and guess who I saw sitting on a bench by rope drop? Kathy and Greg... what a small world. Never met her but recognized her from pictures.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #1901
mom x4,grandma x4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
I went to the AK this morning and guess who I saw sitting on a bench by rope drop? Kathy and Greg... what a small world. Never met her but recognized her from pictures.

Just had to say Nice to meet you Chuck. I was in shock so I stumbled over my words when I tried to speak! How in the world you recognised me I will never know. It was a one in a million chance of us meeting like that.
Have a very Magical cruise!!

Kathy

doodledoo9999@yahoo.com
Old 02-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #1902
Ccann
Mouseketeer

That is too cool! It truly is amazing how small the world seems at times... Have a great Sunday everyone!!
Old 02-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #1903
Donald_Quackers
Quacktastic!

I hope everyone has a good Sunday as well!

Going to watch the Blackhawks play tonight against the Blue Jackets. Here's to continuing their historic efforts!

Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7 Nights
Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nights/4 nights @ POFQ
Dec '08 -- Disney Wonder 4 Nights/2 nights @ Pop Cent. / Dec '07 -- Coronado Springs
Dec '04, '05 / Oct '03 -- Off Site/Vacation Home
Sleep Apnea diagnosed June 2012
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!
Old 02-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #1904
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom x4,grandma x4 View Post

Just had to say Nice to meet you Chuck. I was in shock so I stumbled over my words when I tried to speak! How in the world you recognised me I will never know. It was a one in a million chance of us meeting like that.

Kathy
we are on the same San Juan cruise with Kathy!!! Small small world!!!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 02-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #1905
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom x4,grandma x4 View Post

Kathy
It was great to meet you too, finally. I may not always remember names, but I very rarely forget a face. You had posted pics back on the nanaheads cruise that we missed and I just remembered
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: