Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #121
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Good Morning All!! I updated the webpage and added everyone. Also made up a page for those doing the FE. On there I divided the rooms by deck and then by starboard and portside. Hopefully this will aide in ur delivery. This should be able to be printed to use for that purpose as well!
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #122
castoff
Something Wonderful is about to happen at CC
Is dressing like Cinderella for the ball
Her maltese Dante is like having another child

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheLoveOfDCL View Post
Good Morning All!! I updated the webpage and added everyone. Also made up a page for those doing the FE. On there I divided the rooms by deck and then by starboard and portside. Hopefully this will aide in ur delivery. This should be able to be printed to use for that purpose as well!
Thank you for all of your work on this !

This is the first time for us being gty. I kinda wish I knew what cabin we are in. Its going to be a long wait. We are a 7a.

Tina
castoff is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #123
castoff

Has anyone heard of corsol tours in St. Lucia. They offer alot for a great price. 65.00 per person full day tour. The reviews are fantastic !

Tina
Old 02-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #124
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

IndigoMickey (Anni) I saw on our web page that ur stateroom is listed as prefer. What does that mean? You would prefer to sleep in a stateroom as opposed to a deck chair? LOL Just curious

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 02-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #125
castoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
IndigoMickey (Anni) I saw on our web page that ur stateroom is listed as prefer. What does that mean? You would prefer to sleep in a stateroom as opposed to a deck chair? LOL Just curious
Just so you know I would be happy sleeping on a deck chair as long as I am on this sailing ! This is the first time we are doing a gty. It simply means Disney wont put us in a cabin lower then what we paid for. In this case a 7a. They will give us our cabin number about 2 weeks before sailing...at least that's what I have heard. The reason behind just going with a gty is hope that Disney gives you an upgrade. As the ship fills up they move people to a higher category. We are happy with the category we got anything else will just be a bonus.

Tina
Old 02-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #126
disneybride96
Yacht Club Gazebo- 11-2-96

Quote:
Originally Posted by castoff

Just so you know I would be happy sleeping on a deck chair as long as I am on this sailing ! This is the first time we are doing a gty. It simply means Disney wont put us in a cabin lower then what we paid for. In this case a 7a. They will give us our cabin number about 2 weeks before sailing...at least that's what I have heard. The reason behind just going with a gty is hope that Disney gives you an upgrade. As the ship fills up they move people to a higher category. We are happy with the category we got anything else will just be a bonus.
Have you done that before? Not sure I could on a 7 day. Our success has been mixed, but with a 7a you can't really go wrong. Once we were upgraded from inside to ocean view, but on our last cruise we were stuck on deck two while my parents booked a verhanda one month before the cruise and paid the same price.

Mutiple Trips- 1972-1995
The Weddings : Sister's Wedding...Wilderness Lodge Jan '96 Intimate Wedding....Yacht Club Nov '96

Boardwalk Grand Villa Upgrade, '98 Shades Of Green '99
The Cruises: Wonder- Jan '04, Magic w/ Antigua- Oct '04, Kin Folk Magic Cruise- Nov '05, Wonder- Jan '06
Won at trip to the Yacht Club- Jan '06
Then Came DVC: SSR - Sept '06, OKW Studio - Jan '07, OKW Grand Villa - Sept '07, AKV/BCV - Jan '08
Magic Halloween Double Dip Oct '08, SSR Pre-Christmas Dec '08,, Jan '09 BCV, Developer Points @ SSR - Sept '09,
BLT Homecoming- Dec '09,Wonder & BWV- Jan '10, HHI- Oct '10, Nephews to BLT- Jan '11, DISNEYLAND VGC- Oct '11
Dream/BLT - Nov '11, Princess Trip/Treehouse - Oct '12,
Super Storm Sandy Dream Cruise - Oct '12 , AKV/BCV -Jan '13 .
disneybride96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #127
castoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybride96 View Post
Have you done that before? Not sure I could on a 7 day. Our success has been mixed, but with a 7a you can't really go wrong. Once we were upgraded from inside to ocean view, but on our last cruise we were stuck on deck two while my parents booked a verhanda one month before the cruise and paid the same price.

no I cant say that I have. I have never done the gty before and I have never been upgraded before. We booked the category that we wanted and will be happy either way. The downside is having to wait.....

Tina
Old 02-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #128
adventure_woman
DIS Veteran

I am going to hop on! I am a little nervous to say we are 'actually going' - afraid that it might not happen for some reason (CAUSE I'M SO EXCITED!).

This will be our second cruise. Our first was the Eastern on the Magic 2 years ago. It will be DH, myself, and our 2 daughters - they will be 8 and 4.

We are planning on going down to Puerto Rico about 5 days early to stay and explore the island. I'm already driving my DH crazy planning (and we are only over 1 1/2 years away!).

We are excited about the FE, DD#1 LOVED that last time!

Stephanie

WDW
LOTS of trips before!
CP CM - Summer 1999
FT CM - May 2000-Dec 2001 (AKL, BC, Poly)
ASMo 11/03 ASMo 11/06 AS Sp/Mo 8/08 ASMo 1/9 ASMu 8/09 ASMu 8/11 ASMu 1/13

DL/DCA
CM - Dec 2000-Feb 2001 (Grand Opening of DCA)
Off-site 12/05

DCL
Magic Eastern Caribbean 1/29/11
adventure_woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #129
mom2aidanNpiper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventure_woman
I am going to hop on! I am a little nervous to say we are 'actually going' - afraid that it might not happen for some reason (CAUSE I'M SO EXCITED!).

This will be our second cruise. Our first was the Eastern on the Magic 2 years ago. It will be DH, myself, and our 2 daughters - they will be 8 and 4.

We are planning on going down to Puerto Rico about 5 days early to stay and explore the island. I'm already driving my DH crazy planning (and we are only over 1 1/2 years away!).

Stephanie
We are planning to go down a cpl days before and a day or two after the cruise as well:-) I have 3 trips in the meantime so i'm not letting myself plan this one quite yet lol.

DL: 1985, 1988, 1994, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 (x2),2013 (x2) WDW: 2010 DCL: 2010, 2011, 2012 Aulani : 2013, 2014
mom2aidanNpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #130
castoff

If anyone is interested I am going to be setting up a tour in St.Lucia. Check out Cosol Tours. It's a full day tour with a little bit of everything . I am going to email Cosol for more information. The website says 65.00 per person.

Tina
Old 02-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #131
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventure_woman View Post

Stephanie
Welcome aboard!

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #132
IndigoMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post

I knew we were gonna add our daughter and didn't know if we'd need to change it. Preferred to wait was what it was going to be. haha
I'll get Michelle the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by castoff View Post
LOL yeah, me, too! Anywhere at all. Lol

Anni
IndigoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #133
IndigoMickey
Mouseketeer

welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventure_woman View Post

Stephanie

Welcome, Stephanie, to you & your family!!

-Anni
IndigoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #134
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoMickey View Post
I knew we were gonna add our daughter and didn't know if we'd need to change it. Preferred to wait was what it was going to be. haha
I'll get Michelle the info.

Anni
I knew what you meant Anni, I was just kidding I would take a deck chair just to be on the boat too!!!

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 02-24-2013, 05:01 AM   #135
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoMickey

I knew we were gonna add our daughter and didn't know if we'd need to change it. Preferred to wait was what it was going to be. ha

Anni
Oh I think Robin knows what gty is. But since you put prefer and that's what I typed it was confusing....lol. I was a bit confused but figured I Would ask later.....haha. my sil had traveled gty before and got an upgrade, she is on our Dec cruise and took the same risk. No risk I guess as she is on the boat. Lol. Probably not a good risk of someone who needs aft over forward for sea sick reasons or whatever.
ForTheLoveOfDCL is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: