Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 01:06 AM   #16
Cicero10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeg229

I think you've got it. If you know you'll have visitors you use the hub to request the appropriate time off. You do not get any points for requesting time off and you can still use your ID to get discounts and everything.
Alright, thanks for putting up with all of these questions lol :P
Cicero10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:15 AM   #17
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero10 View Post
Alright, thanks for putting up with all of these questions lol :P
No problem! I love answering questions! I'm applying for a guest relations PI so I know how to handle lots of questions :P
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 01:17 AM   #18
Cicero10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeg229

No problem! I love answering questions! I'm applying for a guest relations PI so I know how to handle lots of questions :P
Good, cause there's gonna be more questions coming from me in the future haha :P
Cicero10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:32 AM   #19
candlehead
Earning My Ears

a friend of mine who did the fall program last year saw neil patrick harris... dunno if she took care of him at all but i think she saw him around a couple days in a row.

my Disney blog!
candlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #20
ArielinWonderland
Mouseketeer

I didn't meet anyone, but I worked in a restaurant in DCA and made food for many celebrities. Ones I can think of are Julianne Moore, Kourtney Kardashian and John Lasseter (he's totally a celebrity!)

ArielinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #21
coorsie
Mouseketeer

When I was a seater at CRT I met/seated Trace Adkins and his family as well as Holly Madison (I didn't even know who she was, and didn't really care after I found out lol)

coorsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:06 PM   #22
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

A friend of mine in Attractions has seen Dick Van Dyke, and a quite a few of the more famous Imagineers. He always gets excited telling me since It's a dream to work with those folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlehead View Post
a friend of mine who did the fall program last year saw neil patrick harris... dunno if she took care of him at all but i think she saw him around a couple days in a row.
Neil Patrick Harris and his husband are always a trip when they go to Disneyland. They do go to Walt Disney World at times with the kids, but there's a well-known picture from the Disneyland Resort, I believe.

Have a Magical day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:46 AM   #23
mrsxsparrow
DIS Veteran

I worked in Storybook Circus during the opening of New Fantasyland so often saw the gang I've affectionately named the "Disney Power People." Seeing John Lasseter was a favorite Perhaps not celebrities in the popular sense but definitely in the Disney sense.

I put Hanson on my Dumbo. Collected their boarding passes and checked their seatbelts. As a girl who grew up in the late 90s that was awesome!

But my favorite was my Neil Patrick Harris. I gave his daughter some stickers and tried to make her stop crying when they were in line for the Barnstormer. A few days later he was in line for Dumbo when I was lecturing some kids who were trying to cut the line by barging ahead of this poor little lady in an ECV. I let him into the Dumbo play area and he looked at me and said, "Thank you very much, Nicole." I almost DIED.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #24
candlehead
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsxsparrow
...my favorite was my Neil Patrick Harris. ... I let him into the Dumbo play area and he looked at me and said, "Thank you very much, Nicole." I almost DIED.
I would have probably died, too. NPH just seems like the coolest person ever. Seriously. I knew I'd seen pictures of he & his family there before, so i wasn't surprised he was there, just more jealous of my friend who saw him in person, haha.

my Disney blog!
candlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #25
AliSW
\

I saw Courteney Cox at Epcot. It wasn't very exciting but she was short had sunglasses on and was just standing there haha.
Steve Carrell and Lady Gaga also came to Epcot while I was there but I didn't see them.
AliSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:04 AM   #26
cagirl4life
Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsxsparrow View Post
I worked in Storybook Circus during the opening of New Fantasyland so often saw the gang I've affectionately named the "Disney Power People." Seeing John Lasseter was a favorite Perhaps not celebrities in the popular sense but definitely in the Disney sense.

I put Hanson on my Dumbo. Collected their boarding passes and checked their seatbelts. As a girl who grew up in the late 90s that was awesome!

But my favorite was my Neil Patrick Harris. I gave his daughter some stickers and tried to make her stop crying when they were in line for the Barnstormer. A few days later he was in line for Dumbo when I was lecturing some kids who were trying to cut the line by barging ahead of this poor little lady in an ECV. I let him into the Dumbo play area and he looked at me and said, "Thank you very much, Nicole." I almost DIED.
I think I would die if I saw NPH!! I am a huge broadway junkie so since he host the Tony's every year he became a favorite celebrity of mine quickly!

Then John Lasseter is like disney royalty!

DL: to many times to count, last trip August 2013!
WDW: July 1998 (Off Site); February 2006 (CBR); April 2006 (AS Sports); February 2007 (ASM); February 2008 (ASM); April 2008 (CBR); June 2008 (SSR); January 2010 (AS Sports)
cagirl4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:28 AM   #27
HyperionDreamer
Mouseketeer

I loaded Cake Boss onto my ride. Didn't recognize him until my friend told me who he was after the fact. I've also seen Patrick Harris and Marty Sklar from a distance.

Some other CPs and I used to talk about what celebrities we might "break character" around. I think I'd be okay around anyone but Paul McCartney... I'm not sure how I'd contain myself around him (maybe Bono as well). One of my friends had a huge crush on Neil Patrick Harris; good thing she wasn't around when he rode our ride...
Old 02-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #28
SyracuseWolvrine
Hockey Fanatic
Is he a bigger hockey fan than a Canadian?

Let's see ... I've loaded Steve Wilkos and Gwen Stefani on the Barnstormer, and have seen Joey Fatone ... I've also met Kelly Monaco and Julie Berman while working Super Soap Weekend, Peter Mayhew, Warwick Davis and Jake Lloyd while working Star Wars Weekend, and was introduced to Gary Sinise at LMA. (although, technically, none of these were on my CP, they were all after I went FT)

On my CP ... um ... I met the "Diabolo Girls" from Cirque du Soleil La Nouba ... and Mickey Mouse. (He's a celebrity, right?)
The opinions and comments in the above post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, policies or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all areas contained therein. Any information or advice in the above post is subject to change at any time without notice. Tampering with, disabling, or destroying lavatory smoke detectors is prohibited. This post may contain nuts or be written by someone who is nuts. Void where prohibited. This post may not be reproduced without express written permission of the Commissioner of Baseball. The moving rubber line is moving at the same speed as you. Member FDIC.
SyracuseWolvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #29
sarahhhmarie27
Earning My Ears

I have meet Johnny Depp and Justin Bieber. Jennifer Hudson rode on the Jungle Cruise (where I worked) but didn't meet her. I was there during the taping of the parade so I saw Mario Lopez and everyone involved with that!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: