Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2010, 05:25 AM   #1
justtinky
If you can dream it, you can do it!

Castaway Cay 5K Run

Can anyone help me with this:

Is there a 5K Run on every stop at Castaway Cay?
If so, it would encourage me to start running again ...

justtinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:03 AM   #2
lborne
It all started with a rabbit

Yes. Although I'm not sure about the cruises that have 2 CC stops. But even the 3 day Wonder has it. Meet at gangway at 8:30. Look for it in your Navigator.
lborne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2010, 08:10 AM   #3
TinklednPants
DIS Veteran

I'll meet you at the bar when you finish running.
TinklednPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:28 AM   #4
smmast
Welcomed Guest

I hope they have the run with each stop on CC. We are on the 5/30 double dip and would like to run it both times if possible. Does anyone have experience with this?
smmast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #5
stampingoddess
Mouseketeer

We're on the 6/27 DD and hubby and I are both hoping for 2 5k runs. They'll be a great way to work off dessert.
stampingoddess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:35 PM   #6
bouldertcr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmast View Post
I hope they have the run with each stop on CC. We are on the 5/30 double dip and would like to run it both times if possible. Does anyone have experience with this?
We were just on the Wonder at the end of January 2010 (3 nights) and I did the 5K run on our Castaway Cay day. It was great. Your navigator will give you the time and place to meet. A CM ran with us but we all were able to keep our own pace. The CM instructed us on the course and where to run before we took off. You run through the beach area (on black top path), then out to air landing strip, back on a path that eventually loops around and then you back track to ship. At the end of the run, the CM gave each of us a DCL water bottle which was very nice. It truly was a nice way to start off the day and to also meet some people who share an interest in running.

Highly recommend it. Oh, also, after the 5K, they also offered a power walk 5K too.
bouldertcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:42 PM   #7
dizneyfan23
Nothing makes my day like sitting on the beaches of Serenity Bay

Quote:
If not you could always just go out and run yourself

dizneyfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:43 PM   #8
stampingoddess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouldertcr View Post
We were just on the Wonder at the end of January 2010 (3 nights) and I did the 5K run on our Castaway Cay day. It was great. Your navigator will give you the time and place to meet. A CM ran with us but we all were able to keep our own pace. The CM instructed us on the course and where to run before we took off. You run through the beach area (on black top path), then out to air landing strip, back on a path that eventually loops around and then you back track to ship. At the end of the run, the CM gave each of us a DCL water bottle which was very nice. It truly was a nice way to start off the day and to also meet some people who share an interest in running.

Highly recommend it. Oh, also, after the 5K, they also offered a power walk 5K too.

Cool, LOVE more free goodies, especially if I can get it for doing something that I'd probably be doing anyway!
stampingoddess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #9
kshabare
Forced to Work to Pay the Mortgage!! but ocassionally aboard DCL!

We think we're cruising again on 11/09/2013. Finding out there is a 5K on Castaway sent me to a new level!!! DH and I have run only two 5K so far but intend on getting some more under our laces before November. I still don't have the endurance or training to run a continuous 5K but love the activity.
I only hope Daisy and Mickey will be proud of my effort.
...now to convince DD26 to start training with the C25K app so she can run with us!

"Mickey was simply a little personality assigned to the purposes of laughter." --Walt Disney

CBR & Magic 2/14/2000 ** Magic 2/9/2002 ** Magic 2/1/2003 Western ** Old Key West 12/22-12/27/2003 ** Magic-Western 2/26/2005 **Magic-Western 2/25/2006 ** Magic-Eastern 03/03/2007 ** BCV, Magic-Eastern 03/01/2008
kshabare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:54 PM   #10
NickyDa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouldertcr View Post

As of last summer, DCL had updated the 5K gifts a bit. We were given race bibs and a finisher's "medal"!

Premium Annual Passholders: WDW Regulars! runDisney Fanatics
(absolutely no way to list how many times we have been to WDW)

Wonder (5-night Eastern) 3/20/2015
Magic (7-night Eastern kid-free) 10/26/2014
Fantasy (7-night Western) 5/25/2013
Dream (4-night) 6/20/2012
Dream (3-night) 3/31/2011
NickyDa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #11
dpuck1998
I'm innocent I tell you...innocent! I've been framed!

Worlds second largest Miami Dolphin fan

Quote:
Yes, we were on a DD June 2011 and the 5K was run on both days. We only did the second one, but it was offered for both.

Aug03'Yacht Club Concierge;Feb04'OKW;Oct04'Poly;Jan05'SSR;Jan06'SoG;April06'BCV/RPR;Jan07'BCV;
March07'Cruis'en;Sept07'HRH/MNSSHP;Dec07'Xmas@BCV;June08'VWL;May09'AKV/Podcast Cruise;Dec09'BCV/AKV for Xmas
April10'POR
dpuck1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #12
ForMyBoys
Mouseketeer

Super Cool! I can't wait to do this. I can run a 5k now and training to run a 10k in June. Our cruise isn't until next year but I think by then I can get my 10 year old (will be 11 when we cruise) to work up the endurance for it. It should be a good time

Tags
5k run, castaway cay

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: