DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #91
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Hey Tami, You can't directly copy and paste the image to your signature. You have to have an IMG link to one. You can link to mine here

[MG]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n219/arizonaborn/vdac_thumb.jpg[/IMG]

You have to put and "I" in front of the "M" at the beginning. I took that out because otherwise it would have just shown the image and not the link.

You can also copy the image and put it on your photo place (mine is Photobucket.com and there are many others) and then copy the IMG link to your photo. That way you don't rely on my image to always be there. I just realized when looking at my signature that I had a link to a BWV image (my home) and the image is no longer there. I'll need to fix that.

Hope this helps

Old 02-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #92
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrianneB View Post
We are heading down for two days before our DCL in March (20-22) and spent the extra points on a cottage. Any advice on good/bad points of the various cottages? We stayed at a one bedroom two years ago and loved all the activities, the pool, and walks on the beach.
Kind of hard to go bad with a cottage. Bobbiwoz can probably give you some useful pointers. I have never stayed in one, but I would imagine staying in one of the ones at the end of the property in either direction would eliminate people walking by going to and from the beach and pool. The one on the north end is near the fire pit and you would probably have some friends singing and smoreing close by one evening. The cottage on the south end is at a dead end. If you go to the first post, I have a grounds layout you can see.

And now that I look at the layout myself... the one second to the end on the south end wouldn't have anyone other than the end cottage people walking by.

Last edited by DisDaydreamer; 02-16-2013 at 06:15 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 06:34 AM   #93
DVCconvert
DIS Veteran

I agree with Rob that the cottages at the south end of the resort are generally the best (near building #15) The cottage most south is #1575, just north of that is # 1550.

Having just got back from 11 nights in 1550, I would say if you can avoid 1575 for a stay this March, I would - the property (once owned by Disney) just to the south is being developed, and there's alot of construction activity/noise arising from that. It wouldn't ruin your visit even if you get put in 1575...but if by some freak of chance you have a choice I'd go with another cottage this time.

HTH

Old 02-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #94
CarrianneB
Mouseketeer

Thanks! I actually think we will request one of the cottages near the pool. We don't mind foot traffic and like the idea of walking right out to the pool. The map was really helpful.

Less than a month to go!
2010 - Disney Magic - 7 Day Eastern
2011 - Princess Cruise - Alaska
2012 - Disney Dream - Booked for 3 day - gave it up for the FIL!
2013 - Disney Fantasy - Spring Break to San Juan and St. Thomas
Disney Parks visited - Disney World, Disneyland, and Disney Paris.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #95
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Enjoy your BC stay, CarianneB!

Today I booked us into an OVIR for January 21-26!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #96
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Bc

This is the cottage we had in 2012, June

Even the resort side balcony had a view:

June is a good time to go to see the turtle tracks in the sand!

Old 02-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #97
tjcat
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the help Rob, We can't wait til August!
Old 02-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #98
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran

We just booked 2 ocean view inn rooms. We were using holding points, so we had to wait to book, which made me very nervous! We got what we wanted though. Funny thing is, when we go to wdw I would never stay in 2 hotel rooms with my family. I am not willing to give up my kitchen and washer/dryer. At vero, though, I'll give them up to have that ocean view!! Maybe we just got lucky last time we had ocean view inn rooms, but we were on the front of the building and had a perfect unobstructed ocean view. Can't wait to be on that balcony with a drink in my hand!!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #99
sandieb
DIS Veteran

We are going for the first time April 6-8th after a week down in the Keys. We'll have our 3 grandsons 6, 8, & 10 years old! My question is about the sea turtles. Will they be nesting then? Does Disney have any activity around the sea turtles - educational, or a "turtle walk"?
Thanks!
Old 02-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #100
Tink316
Mouseketeer

25th Anniversary at VBR

Hi All,

I posted this under "Mouselanneous" but figured I should post her as well.

My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th Anniversary in October. Since he's not a huge WDW fan, but he tolerates my obsession and goes with DS and I every year, I'm planning to surprise him with a trip to VBR for our anniversary.

It will just be the 2 of us -- can anyone suggest other things to do in the area besides the pool and beach at the resort? Open to most anything. And where would you suggest for a nice, romantic dinner for 2?

Thanks!
T
Old 02-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #101
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandieb View Post
We are going for the first time April 6-8th after a week down in the Keys. We'll have our 3 grandsons 6, 8, & 10 years old! My question is about the sea turtles. Will they be nesting then? Does Disney have any activity around the sea turtles - educational, or a "turtle walk"?
Thanks!
Got you on the roll call... sorry it took so long. Typically, nesting occurs between May and October. Still, it is possible. Not likely to have any organized activities yet, though.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #102
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletsmama View Post
We just booked 2 ocean view inn rooms. We were using holding points, so we had to wait to book, which made me very nervous! We got what we wanted though. Funny thing is, when we go to wdw I would never stay in 2 hotel rooms with my family. I am not willing to give up my kitchen and washer/dryer. At vero, though, I'll give them up to have that ocean view!! Maybe we just got lucky last time we had ocean view inn rooms, but we were on the front of the building and had a perfect unobstructed ocean view. Can't wait to be on that balcony with a drink in my hand!!
Call them and request ocean "facing" rooms. It is possible to get a room on either end of the Inn that have views, but they are off to the side views.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #103
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran

Just sent an email to add a request for an ocean facing room on the front of the building. Thanks for the tip! Just about a month to go.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #104
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletsmama View Post
Just sent an email to add a request for an ocean facing room on the front of the building. Thanks for the tip! Just about a month to go.
You're welcome... Have a great time!

Old 03-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #105
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran

And we just got an extra night at the resort. Woohoo!!! We were waitlisted and it didn't come through, but through constant checking of the website, I got what we wanted. Beachside with a drink in my hand in about 30 days!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: