Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #691
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

Day 7: Splashin' around in waves and rain

Day 7: July 8th, 2012

This was a day that I was very excited about. We had been trying to figure out when we would go to one of the water parks for days and we finally decided to go. I had never been to the water parks at Disney before so this was an all new experience. We chose Typhoon Lagoon because we thought it would be more relaxing with some fun rides plus I was enamored by the wave pool and what I had read.

When we got there we got tickets and we went in. We went up to this place where you can see the entire park and it was just breathtaking to me. Some nice people offered to take our picture with it in the background and we had to say of course thank you. I am glad we did it is a great picture.

We were just so excited to be there!

Once we got into the park we had to figure out where everything was and what our game plan is going to be. We decided that we definitely needed a locker. So off we went to go and stick our stuff in a locker. The only issue I have with this is that I was tempted to leave my flip flops but then...the ground gets so INSANELY HOT! I am glad that they try to spray down the ground that helps but man it gets hot. I did end up leaving my flop flops though.

Another thing that I discovered is that there is Photopass in the park. They also take pictures of you in the water at the wave pool and at some of the rides. This was by far the coolest thing ever. First we had to get pictures with Stitch and Lilo because how often do you get to do this in your swimsuit!!

We of course got photopass on all the rides that we could so here we go with our fun photopass shots!

We had a blast riding all the rides and relaxing in the wave pool. The one thing we did notice though was all the Brazilians. I am not sure I would have noticed this if they all were not wearing thong bikinis. It just really caused a problem for me because I did not enjoy seeing all the stuff they wanted to bare. It sort of turned me away from the water parks in the summer time.

After we had been there most of the day it started to get stormy and then it just started POURING! We quickly gathered our stuff up I stopped and got some donuts from the little stand right at the front ( i had heard they were amazing) and we headed out to the bus. Once we got back we decided we would use our DVC perks and rent some movies. We rented Hercules and The Natural. After that we hopped over and got quick service for dinner. We took dinner back to our room and watched a movie before it was time for sleep.

All in all it was a great day and it was a great first trip to Typhoon Lagoon.

Coming Up: Epcot Character Day

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #692
Wshs0127
Mouseketeer

I'm glad you posted this because we're going to a water park during our honeymoon in April and we were leaning towards Typhoon Lagoon. We've never been to either of the water parks. That is so cool that they have Photopass and characters. I would have never guessed that. All of the pics are totally cute and you guys look like you had a blast!

I think I would have been uncomfortable with the thongs at a family place, I'm surprised Disney allows that! My kids would probably freak if they saw that, but they are sheltered lol! We live on a beach, but people don't wear thongs very often.
Wshs0127 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #693
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
I actually work for Randy Chapman the Disney Wedding Photographer and I write his in depth blog posts. I was looking for brides of his for those that wanted a blog post. I am currently waiting on him for images. That is probably what you saw.
Oh! Were one of his wedding couples!

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:50 PM   #694
tiggerfan77
I clearly do not make it to WDW enough

Good choice with Typhoon Lagoon! I've been to both by Typhoon is definitely my favorite. I love the atmosphere and it seems to have more shady spots than Blizzard Beach does.
I was there about 4 years ago and my son wanted to play in the sand near Crush-N-Gusher and there was a rather large Brazilian woman with a thong who decided to stand out near the edge of the sand in front of my and DS. LOL! So I know what you mean, all I could do is look away...
tiggerfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #695
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

Day 8: Characters, Characters and More Characters

7/9/2012

This day was devoted to getting pictures with characters in Epcot. Many of the Characters I had never met before and I wanted to make sure that I got to meet them.

The pictures were split up over the course of the day that we were in EPCOT but the middle of the day was spent at The Coral Reef restaurant and the living seas. While at the Coral Reef we were given a nice table by the glass of the tank. The only thing that stinks about this are the parents that don't control their children. The kids have no sense of respect for personal space and just want to see the fish so they interrupt your meal so they can be near the glass.

After we left the restaurant we went to the aquarium area and just watched the fish for a while. We had to make a visit to Turtle talk with Crush. You just never know what is going to happen during that show.

As we walked the countries we stopped to explore all the little shops, Greg really loves walking the world showcase so I did it just for him. This however is how we got the character pictures because we just hung out in the countries and waited in the lines. When we got to the UK we caught the British Rock Band and while sitting there Pooh and Tigger were walking by to go back stage. They stopped and started dancing to the music. I was lucky enough to catch a video on my phone but I can't locate it right now or I would share it.

When it was time for dinner we ate at La Hacienda de San Angel. I unfortunately happened to get heart burn and needed to go home before I could even enjoy dessert. It was weird that that happened because I have eaten there a number of times with no problems.

So after a fun filled day we headed back to the Lodge to watch movies and get some rest.

Characters I Got to Meet:

Here are just some fun pictures that I took over the course of the day:

Coming Up: Off to the savannah of Animal Kingdom Lodge

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #696
tric8783
DIS Veteran

looks like you guys had a blast at Typhoon Lagoon! We have pictures coming down the CrushNGusher too! I wish Blizzard Beach had a water coaster- we normally prefer BB but I really like the coaster at TL! Do you think next time you will try BB or go back to TL?

You got to find so many characters in Epcot! I don't think I've even seen some of those out before, ever! Love your pictures of Epcot too, they are soo clear and well taken!
Old 02-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #697
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Excellent update! I can't wait to hear about your AKL experience!

I've eaten at 98 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (40%)
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: