Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #556
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

With all due respect to the Steelers and the Browns and whatever else, this is a CSR FAQ thread.. Let's try to keep the majority of the content in this thread about planning a stay at that resort and / or answering questions regarding same.

Thanks.

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

Old 02-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #557
MrsPMC00
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

Thank you so much for the pictures! I just changed my March 23 ressie to business class! Can't wait!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Pictures and comments about CSR Business Class:

I love CSR (even when I've been in Ranchos! ), but having Lounge access (and a room in 9B that was very convenient to everything) was well worth the extra money to me! My room (2 queens) was on the first floor, just around the corner from the lounge. The room was in very good shape and came complete with 2 bathrobes (something I wouldn't use, but thought was a nice touch!)

First, the Lounge CMs: Wonderful!

The atmosphere: very warm and inviting!

The Lounge is open from 7 to 10am mornings; then closed and locked up until it opens again from 5 to 10pm.

Breakfast (7-10am): Cold cereals, bagels, fresh fruits, and either muffins, cinnamon rolls, or danish (they alternate those). The coffee machine makes espresso and lattes; they have regular and decaf coffee, a nice selection of teas, milk and juice.

Evening Service (5-10pm): Soft drinks, bottled water, Perrier, beer, wine, sangria (both red & white!). Crackers, cheeses, veggies, hummus and several dips. Tortilla chips, potato chips and veggie chips. At 7pm they bring out chocolate covered pretzels and a spicy nut mix. (I didn't photograph the pretzels or nut mix. )

My next post will be photos of the Lounge.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #558
vietkaz
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know on the bill at the end of the stay does it show that they room type was business class? We are going for a work meeting in April and thanks to the discounts the regular room we are well below the allowable per dollar amount however they are a bit strict on things that say first or business class
Old 02-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #559
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPMC00 View Post
Thank you so much for the pictures! I just changed my March 23 ressie to business class! Can't wait!!
I hope you will report back here with your experience! Since Business Class is so new, it may be getting tweaked here and there. Will be nice to have updates from recent guests! Have a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietkaz View Post
Does anyone know on the bill at the end of the stay does it show that they room type was business class? We are going for a work meeting in April and thanks to the discounts the regular room we are well below the allowable per dollar amount however they are a bit strict on things that say first or business class
I have my final bill in front of me. While the top of the bill states the resort and room number, the "description" for the daily room charge each day is: "Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Standard View - Business Class - DN" (so it will appear multiple times for a multi-night stay).

Old 02-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #560
cceandme
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know how many outlets there are at CSR? Don't really want to carry a power strip with me but have quite a few things that will need plugging in. Thanks

Me(Rhonda)38, Randy39 ,Chelsea 20, Cody 19 , Ethan 13 ,
Also at home a dog, a cat, a Macaw, a Ball python, a Leopard Gecko and a goldfish
Old 02-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #561
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cceandme
Does anyone know how many outlets there are at CSR? Don't really want to carry a power strip with me but have quite a few things that will need plugging in. Thanks
Sitting at the desk here now- and dh says "a lot". There are three in a power strip on the desk itself. Outlet by the bed had 6- behind tv has 4 Next to desk has 2. By sink has 2
Old 02-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #562
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cceandme
Oh... And another by the door that has. 2
Old 02-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #563
cceandme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda

Sitting at the desk here now- and dh says "a lot". There are three in a power strip on the desk itself. Outlet by the bed had 6- behind tv has 4 Next to desk has 2. By sink has 2
Thank you. I figured with CSR having a convention center they wold have plenty but wanted to check first. Tell ur husband thanks too. :-)

Me(Rhonda)38, Randy39 ,Chelsea 20, Cody 19 , Ethan 13 ,
Also at home a dog, a cat, a Macaw, a Ball python, a Leopard Gecko and a goldfish
Old 02-22-2013, 07:19 AM   #564
aggiejoel
aggiejoel

Thanks coming soon

Thx for the great updates. We will be staying at CSR in about 2.5 weeks and will update on the resort as a whole and over the Bus Class Rms and Lounge.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #565
Princess_Au
Mouseketeer

I've never stayed at Coronado, but the pictures I keep seeing of it are beautiful! I am really starting to consider it for our September trip.

My two children will love the Dig Site pool. What rooms would be best to be close to the Dig Site? But I guess we would also want to be close to the food court too. Any suggestions?
Old 02-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #566
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Au View Post
I've never stayed at Coronado, but the pictures I keep seeing of it are beautiful! I am really starting to consider it for our September trip.

My two children will love the Dig Site pool. What rooms would be best to be close to the Dig Site? But I guess we would also want to be close to the food court too. Any suggestions?
The Dig Site is across the lake from the food court. We've always preferred Casitas 4 or 5 or Cabanas 8A. Casitas 4 or 5 take about three minutes to the main building and about six minutes to the Dig Site; Cabanas 8A is a very short walk to the Dig Site and a five minute (if that) walk across the bridge to the main building.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #567
Grimlock34a
Mouseketeer

for the quiet pool by the fitness center, does anyone know how far it is from end to end? I swim for fitness and was wondering if it was 25 yards across.

Thanks!
Old 02-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #568
minerva78
Mouseketeer

No tables?

All of the pictures I've seen of the rooms just have a desk in them instead of a table with two chairs, like in most other rooms. Are there ANY rooms with tables or do all of them have desks? I really like the look of Coronado Springs, but since we would be eating breakfast some in the room and will have 5 and 6 year old kids, I don't know how eating cereal would go without a table for both of them to sit at. I hate for that to be a reason why we don't choose this resort, but I think it may be. I would love it if it were just DH and I, but I don't know if the room would work for my family. Has anyone else missed not having a table for meals in the room?
Old 02-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #569
stormer
DIS Veteran

We just checked out today. It was really a great place to stay. My boys took turns sitting at the desk to have breakfast. It worked out fine. I wouldnt let that change your mind. There are so many positives. We loved having two queen beds instead of the double beds at the other moderates.
October 1994 Port Orleans / Oct. 1996 Caribbean Beach Resort / Oct. 1999 Off site / Oct. 2004 Contemporary Resort / Oct. 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge / Aug.2007 Port Orleans Riverside / April 2008 Saratoga Springs Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas/ Oct. 2008 Old Key West / Feb. 2009 Polynesian Resort / Aug. 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2010 Carribbean Beach Resort / Aug. 2010 Bay Lake Tower / Feb. 2011 Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas / Aug. 2011 Boardwalk Villas / Aug. 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2013 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2013 Boardwalk Villas / Feb. 2014 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2014 Old Key West
Old 02-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #570
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormer View Post
We just checked out today. It was really a great place to stay. My boys took turns sitting at the desk to have breakfast. It worked out fine. I wouldnt let that change your mind. There are so many positives. We loved having two queen beds instead of the double beds at the other moderates.

While I am not sure if CBR has upgraded yet, POFQ and POR have queen beds. They got rid of the doubles during their last refurbishments!

The Values do still have the doubles.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: