Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
okienick
Mouseketeer

Wink My First Post!! 2 questions: Later ETWB? MDE app question

Hello community! I'm new to the forum, and I've been scanning the posts for a couple of weeks. I'm a disney freak and have been to WDW and Disneyland/DCA multiple times, Disneyland Paris once. I'm a big planner and love trying to find out useful tidbits when I can. I'm recently married and taking my husband on a delayed honeymoon to the world in May. SO.EXCITED.CAN'T.WAIT!!! So, my 2 questions: I've been reading all the discussion about getting to ETWB at rope drop. I've also seen some posts about waiting until later in the day. So question #1: If we chose to do ETWB later in the day, because we can't get there at rope drop due to breakfast ressies, and instead tried closer to park closing or during an EMH evening, will our waits be fairly short?

And like everyone else here, waiting for the reports about FP+ and MDE. I've been using the app and website, made a few reservations for dining through the app. I have, however, seen a message that says "reservations available, call for reservations" or something like that when I search certain restaurants for a time. Question #2: anyone know why I would have to call in lieu of being able to use the app or the website to make a dining reservation if reservations are available? Why can't I just make it through the app if they are available?

Thanks for the help gang! Looking forward to your responses.

okienick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

We were there 2/8-2/16 and did MK 3 of those days hoping for the same "low crowd" for ETWB later in the evening...we even went over when Wishes was going on hopeful people would get distracted...but sadly I think the lines were actually worse at night than during the day.

We got to ETWB about 20 mins after park opening and the wait was already posted at an hour---although it really only took about half that time.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
dawnm8877
Earning My Ears

I would suspect that your reservations require a credit card. Some ADRs need to be paid for at the time of booking while others don't but you still need a cc encase of no shows. That would be why you need to call for your ADRs.
dawnm8877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Welcome!! I know the app and the mobile website won't let me make any dining reservations that require a credit card guarantee or pre-pay (CRT). I have to go to my computer to do that, or call in. It is so annoying because I used to be able to get the full website in the browser on my phone to do the ADRs, and now every time I open the full website on my phone it blinks and converts to the mobile. You don't have to call, even though it says to, but you do need to get to a laptop or desktop where you can get to the full website.

As far as ETWB, I don't know how it has been in recent weeks, but in December when we went close to closing time when a lot of the parents had already left the parks with their littles, the line was short, especially during MVMCP. The night we did it, we waited 15 minutes or less. I would say that your best bet if you can't go at rope drop would be near closing or at evening EMH, although there is no guarantee you won't hit it on a night where the lines stay longer.

I'm definitely with you waiting for the reports on FP+ and MDE. We aren't thrilled about it and I think my family may absolutely hate it (our idea of a good MK day is having a new FP for Peter Pan in our pocket every time the old one runs out as DD doesn't really care for the mountains much and could ride Peter Pan all day long, so the loss of the regular fast pass system and only being able to FP 3 totally different things during a day does not sound like fun at all to us. Plus, the thought of having to plan out our whole day in advance sounds miserable), but I will give it the benefit of the doubt and reserve my opinions until we see how things actually go.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
okienick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlm View Post
Welcome!! I know the app and the mobile website won't let me make any dining reservations that require a credit card guarantee or pre-pay (CRT). I have to go to my computer to do that, or call in. It is so annoying because I used to be able to get the full website in the browser on my phone to do the ADRs, and now every time I open the full website on my phone it blinks and converts to the mobile. You don't have to call, even though it says to, but you do need to get to a laptop or desktop where you can get to the full website.

As far as ETWB, I don't know how it has been in recent weeks, but in December when we went close to closing time when a lot of the parents had already left the parks with their littles, the line was short, especially during MVMCP. The night we did it, we waited 15 minutes or less. I would say that your best bet if you can't go at rope drop would be near closing or at evening EMH, although there is no guarantee you won't hit it on a night where the lines stay longer.

I'm definitely with you waiting for the reports on FP+ and MDE. We aren't thrilled about it and I think my family may absolutely hate it (our idea of a good MK day is having a new FP for Peter Pan in our pocket every time the old one runs out as DD doesn't really care for the mountains much and could ride Peter Pan all day long, so the loss of the regular fast pass system and only being able to FP 3 totally different things during a day does not sound like fun at all to us. Plus, the thought of having to plan out our whole day in advance sounds miserable), but I will give it the benefit of the doubt and reserve my opinions until we see how things actually go.
Thanks everyone! ktlm, how do you get the mobile website to come up through your browser? I don't know if you have an iphone or not, but when I go through safari, the disneyworld website is terrible because it is trying to access the full website and not the mobile version. I wondered if there was a mobile version, but if there is, I don't know how to get to it.

I, too, am very unsure about the FP+. I'm trying to hope for the best, that it will enhance our touring, but some of what I'm hearing has me concerned. I guess I will find out when I check in at my 60 day window in a few weeks. I believe I read on here, or maybe it was another website, that Beach Club is one of the ones that will be a part of the first roll out of MM+. I think I'm going to go for it, but I'm scared about it!! The unknown is the worst for this control freak!! does anyone know for sure when they are supposed to start the testing?? or, what is the rumor? I can't remember where I read it, but I thought I saw some deluxe resorts were supposed to have been in testing soon??
okienick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #6
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

I would be interested to read reviews of ETWB. I didn't realisevitvwas so popular and assumed it was a small children's story time session. It's popularity clearly means that this is not so. What is it all about? Thank you.

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:00 PM   #7
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

The only way I've been able to make ADRs that require a CC from my phone is to force the browser on the phone to open the "Full Website", not the the mobile one. And of course you can't do it from the app. It's very frustrating, since the Full Website does not load well on a phone! I can foresee us possibly needing to change or cancel an ADR or two while we are there, and it's going to be much more difficult than it needs to be. I buy stuff with a CC through mobile apps and websites all the time, I don't see why Disney can't have that functionality as well.

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA | 2014: POR
Upcoming Trips: 12/14 - WL | 7/15 - ASMusic | 3/16 - DCL Fantasy - W.Car (7 nights)
gtpoohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #8
LisaTN
DIS Veteran

welcome! Unfortunately, even at night - you should expect to wait about 45 minutes for ETwB.... if you can't make rope drop, you can't make rope drop - so you'll want to jump in line anytime you see the wait at 40 minutes or less... that is a 'relatively' short wait time for this attraction.

Yes, I believe you might have to call if a CC is required... some of the nicer restaurants?
2005 - Coronado Springs (couples trip with my then fiance, now DH)
Nov 2011 - POR, DDs first trip
Feb 2012 - POR
Feb 2013 - POR
July 29-August 3, 2013 - Bonnet Creek
August 3 - August 6th, 2013 - Pop Century
Oct 6-11, 2013 - Pop Century, MNSSHP
February 2-7, AoA, Cars Suite
May 23-25 - Sarratoga Springs, Treehouses
June 6-12 Art of Animation, Little Mermaid Room
*** September 21-28th, POR
*** June 1-5 Disney Dream Cruise, First Cruise!
LisaTN is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: