Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
kino29
Earning My Ears

Fast pass for MK

Hi everyone , first post here but I have been reading off and on the last few months.

My first trip to Disney since the late 80s to Epcot and first time back to MK since 1978 or so...

I've read that Splash mountain is closed and most of the touring plans I'm seeing have you rushing to it and grabbing a fast pass to start the day.

So since it's closed where should I go first and what fast passes should I grab while I can. I will be staying at Port Orleans and taking advantage of the early hours on one day, however the first day there , this coming monday we will
hit Magic Kingdom since the crowd calendar has it as the lowest all week.

Just myself, my wife and my 13 year old son coming so we won't really hit the kiddie rides except maybe Small world, and Mad Hatters.

Thanks ahead of time for your advice!
kino29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by kino29
Hi everyone , first post here but I have been reading off and on the last few months.

My first trip to Disney since the late 80s to Epcot and first time back to MK since 1978 or so...

I've read that Splash mountain is closed and most of the touring plans I'm seeing have you rushing to it and grabbing a fast pass to start the day.

So since it's closed where should I go first and what fast passes should I grab while I can. I will be staying at Port Orleans and taking advantage of the early hours on one day, however the first day there , this coming monday we will
hit Magic Kingdom since the crowd calendar has it as the lowest all week.

Just myself, my wife and my 13 year old son coming so we won't really hit the kiddie rides except maybe Small world, and Mad Hatters.

Thanks ahead of time for your advice!
The highest-demand FastPasses at Magic Kingdom are Space Mountain, Splash Mountain (when operating), Big Thunder Mountain, and Peter Pan. I would start with those.

mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #3
bauer1168
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2

The highest-demand FastPasses at Magic Kingdom are Space Mountain, Splash Mountain (when operating), Big Thunder Mountain, and Peter Pan. I would start with those.

Would LM be one of the highest too, or due to its fast loading and bigger capacity be below the ones you've mentioned?
bauer1168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:24 PM   #4
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer1168

Would LM be one of the highest too, or due to its fast loading and bigger capacity be below the ones you've mentioned?
I'd count it among the Top 5 for now just because its so new, but I wouldn't expect it to stay there long term for the reasons you mentioned.
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:12 AM   #5
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

If you are interested in doing Enchanted Tales with Belle, you need to go straight there at rope drop. This attraction is very slow-loading, and wait times are upwards of an hour all day long. If you want to do Peter Pan or Little Mermaid, pull a FP for one of those on your way (Pan takes priority if you want to do both). If not, I would wait to get a FP for BTMRR or Space until after you do the show. Trying to get a FP for one of those attractions will take too long as they are not anywhere near ETWB.

If you aren't interested in ETWB, Pan, or Little Mermaid, I'd probably start with a FP for BTMRR, then work your way through Adventureland while you're waiting for the window to open.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #6
kino29
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping View Post
If you are interested in doing Enchanted Tales with Belle, you need to go straight there at rope drop. This attraction is very slow-loading, and wait times are upwards of an hour all day long. If you want to do Peter Pan or Little Mermaid, pull a FP for one of those on your way (Pan takes priority if you want to do both). If not, I would wait to get a FP for BTMRR or Space until after you do the show. Trying to get a FP for one of those attractions will take too long as they are not anywhere near ETWB.

If you aren't interested in ETWB, Pan, or Little Mermaid, I'd probably start with a FP for BTMRR, then work your way through Adventureland while you're waiting for the window to open.
Thanks

Not sure my son will want to do alot of the fantasyland rides but you never know. Once you get there and the magic takes over everyone starts feeling like a little kid again and actually goes on some of the kiddy rides.
Probably would want to get the BTMRR or Space mountain first then.
Crowd calendars have the day as 3-5 and MK as being the best park to visit.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #7
Love Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kino29 View Post
Crowd calendars have the day as 3-5 and MK as being the best park to visit.
Ack. I don't want to throw a kink into your planning...and I know this isn't what you asked about.

But which crowd calendars? The one I (and many other Disers) trust never recommends MK on Mondays, especially in weeks where the Electrical Parade isn't offered every night.

I'd just hate to see you here next week talking about HUGE crowds!
Love Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #8
FortForever
Disney since Day 1

Peter Pan even if you're 13 year old thinks he won't like it.
FortForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:37 PM   #9
kino29
Earning My Ears

Actually its tuesday for MK since monday isnt recommended, we are doing HS on Monday

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: