Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #931
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

The top appetizer is the Dungeness Crabmeat Stuffed Tomato. The other appetizer is one of my favourites: Grilled Potato and Goat Cheese Napoleon with Balsamic-Basil Vinaigrette. The entrees are Roasted Red Snapper with Fennel, Olive, Sweet Pepper and Yukon Gold Potato Ragout with Saffron Broth. The other one is another one of my favourites: Roasted Fillet of Beef Wellington with Fingerling Potatoes, Baby Vegetables and a Cabernet Black Truffle Jus.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #932
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I didn't know you had done so many updates. Caught up again.

I love the ship tour. Do they do those on the Dream? If so, I can't wait. The hidden Mickey in the chandelier is so cool.

The towel folding class looked like a lot of fun, but I want to know if they taught you how to make a noose so you could use it on the lady or wouldn't stop talking. Just kidding, but I know how annoying that is. We had someone like that on our wild African trek and I thought Christine was going to hurt her.

Enjoyed all your updates!
I am really trying to get this one done. I have some stuff coming up in about 2 months and I want this one out of the way so I can concentrate on the other. Writing 2 is not fun. I won't make that mistake again. From now on, if I overlap the other one will wait!

I am not sure if they do on the DReam. I seem to remember that there was something and the time never worked for me, but I'll have to dig out my navigators and take a closer look.
Yes, that totally annoyed me. Sadly, I know some people like that in real life. We were in a group setting, Brook was with me (our summer trip of 2011) and this other gal we know answered her phone at an inappropriate time and talked loud so we all could hear. She should've had her phone off, but sometimes we all forget to turn it off, but she never should've answered it. And then she proceeded to yell at her family member after a bit too.
Sometimes i don't think people realize that they are bragging or talking too loud and we really shouldn't or don't want to hear what they are saying. I think they do it for slong for attention that they think it's ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
The top appetizer is the Dungeness Crabmeat Stuffed Tomato. The other appetizer is one of my favourites: Grilled Potato and Goat Cheese Napoleon with Balsamic-Basil Vinaigrette. The entrees are Roasted Red Snapper with Fennel, Olive, Sweet Pepper and Yukon Gold Potato Ragout with Saffron Broth. The other one is another one of my favourites: Roasted Fillet of Beef Wellington with Fingerling Potatoes, Baby Vegetables and a Cabernet Black Truffle Jus.

Corinna
YES! Ding ding ding! I knew you would know. I could not find a menu that listed any of that, but I knew mine was the tomato thing, and it was good too.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #933
dolphingirl47

The online resources still have the old Till We Meet Again menu. I don't know when it was changed, but I first had the new menu on our Hawaii cruise in April last year.

Corinna
Old 02-22-2013, 03:55 PM   #934
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
The online resources still have the old Till We Meet Again menu. I don't know when it was changed, but I first had the new menu on our Hawaii cruise in April last year.

Corinna
Yes, most of the ones i found were dated 2011 and I figured it had changed at some point since many things were different.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #935
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Looks yummy!! Even without knowing what they were, they look delish!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #936
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Looks yummy!! Even without knowing what they were, they look delish!
I was pretty happy with most opf the food. Some I didn't care for, but I had enough of other options to keep me more than full!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #937
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I continued to walk around and try to get pictures of the characters at the Till We Meet Again party. Lisa gave up shortly after the show started and found a seat.

I watched Cinderella for a while.

She basically had no line so I went up for a picture.

It was just crazy in the Atrium though. Lots of people packed in a small area.

I spotted Jazzy up a level with her friend.

Soon the meet and greet portion was over and the characters returned to the stairs for a little bit more of a show.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #938
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

It really was hard to get a decent picture with the poor lighting and so many people around.

I donít know why Cinderella and Belle have such funny looks on their faces. I guess they were sad the cruise was ending too.

Goofy was so funny As he walked up the stairs he totally fell and of course everyone had a good laugh.

Slowly each character started to say goodbye and head up the stairs.

Bye Mickey!!!!!

Lots of confetti fell and I picked up a few pieces for Claire. And looked around and had a really good laugh. Not only were the kids crawling around on the floor getting confetti, but adult were! Women in dresses were all over the place fighting over confetti. Seriously, do you need confetti that badly? And they werenít standing up till every scrap was picked up. I guess that makes cleanup for the cast members easier.

I find Lisa sitting on a couch and talking to a guy. His wife was one of the confetti picker uppers. LOL! But she wasnít as bad as some. She collected just enough to give the kids some and was happy with it. I started talking to him and then his wife and small world Ö..she was on our cruise facebook group.

We chatted a little bit and then headed up to the top of the ship once again. We decided we would have one last drink together for fun.

It was very quiet up there tonight.

I got a strawberry daiquiri.

I have no clue what Lisa ended up getting.

We just sat around and sipped our drinks and talked for a bit.

We had had such a fun vacation. Lisa was so glad to have come, and I was so glad she came with me. She also said having the other girls along made it even more fun. They all seemed to get a long great, just like we were all friends for years.

After our drinks, we headed back to the room for our last night of sleep. Lisa said she has sleeping issues at home and the ship was wonderful. She wasnít sure if it was the rocking motion or the daily dose of bonine, but something was making her sleep like a rock!
Old 02-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #939
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

It's sad that your TR is nearing an end. When you first started your TR, our cruise on the Magic was still 2 months off, so it was fun to see your photos to see what we might expect.

Now our cruise has come and gone and I'm reliving our trip every time you post more photos of the Magic and the ports.

I look forward to continuing on with your other TR!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #940
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Diz View Post
It's sad that your TR is nearing an end. When you first started your TR, our cruise on the Magic was still 2 months off, so it was fun to see your photos to see what we might expect.

Now our cruise has come and gone and I'm reliving our trip every time you post more photos of the Magic and the ports.

I look forward to continuing on with your other TR!
I know, it's so weird it's getting close to the end. I still have 1 more full day to write about though. Actually it wasn't too bad. I have written about 8 day and started basically the end of Sept/early Oct. It's only 5 months and I have taken longer on shorter trips in the past! Plus I started my other one.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #941
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

This is the waterfall thing I would sit against. It was one of my favorite places on the ship.

YES!!!! That was the best!!!!! I loved sitting there with you!

The musicians were so entertaining, in more ways than one. I have a picture of the woman doing a high-kick. She was very into her act!

I think the dude that led the towel folding class was my stateroom host! He looks familiar anyway.

I miss our servers! Those guys were a riot.

WE NEED TO CRUISE AGAIN!!!!!!!! I miss it so much every time I read your report!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:53 AM   #942
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
YES!!!! That was the best!!!!! I loved sitting there with you!

The musicians were so entertaining, in more ways than one. I have a picture of the woman doing a high-kick. She was very into her act!

I think the dude that led the towel folding class was my stateroom host! He looks familiar anyway.

I miss our servers! Those guys were a riot.

WE NEED TO CRUISE AGAIN!!!!!!!! I miss it so much every time I read your report!
That lady was hysterical. She loved her job!

He might've been, because I know I saw him in the hallway somewhere on the ship before the class too. So it might've been when I was walking to your room once.

I think we had awesome servers. They were a lot of fun.

I want to cruise RIGHT now. I don't think Skip would like me to go off and leave him at the moment though. LOL
Old 02-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #943
dolphingirl47

Would you recommend making time for Till We Meet Again? I can't believe that I have done 9 Disney cruises and still have to see this. The last two or three cruises I have just hung out long enough to see Stitch one last time and then headed back to the cabin. I figured at the end of the Repo cruise we don't have to worry about putting our luggage out so maybe I will finally get to see this.

Corinna
Old 02-25-2013, 03:06 PM   #944
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Would you recommend making time for Till We Meet Again? I can't believe that I have done 9 Disney cruises and still have to see this. The last two or three cruises I have just hung out long enough to see Stitch one last time and then headed back to the cabin. I figured at the end of the Repo cruise we don't have to worry about putting our luggage out so maybe I will finally get to see this.

Corinna
I would do it once, probably once on each ship to check out how they do it, but it's just OK. Very crowded. I think on the Dream they have an early one and a late one.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #945
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I would love to have a girl's trip like this one day!

Okay, and seriously?!?! Why are the grown women after the confetti?!?!!?

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: