Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
GoofyinBuffalo
Earning My Ears

Sorcerers of MK & Kim Possible

These seem like great ideas to entertain kids who have been to the parks before. Has anyone done these? Does it take away from your time to see the attractions/rides that you want? We'll have 5 kids in our group (ages 12-16) and I'd hate for each of them to be sent in different directions and we spend more time looking for clues than actually seeing the park.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #2
ghtx
"In this times that all strategies seem to be death and you pay to eat fart and make a line in the parks of DW and just a few rides..."

There is no more Kim Possible. It is now Agent P's World Showcase Adventure. It is great.

I haven't tried SotMK, but I've only heard good things.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #3
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Agent P is so fun... I absolutely love it and so does my 10 yr old.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #4
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

The nice part with Agent P is that you can request specific countries (as long as it's not too busy at that given time) so you can plan your touring around that country with the game. It will expose areas of each country that most people never stop to see. You then get to select where to go next so you have some control over it.

SotMK is much more random and can send you from one land to another on the other side of the park. It doesn't hurt to start a game and play it as you can in the area... but if you do not have a lot of MK time, then I wouldn't set up my park plan around it. If you have each kid play a seperate game it is highly likely they'll be sent in different directions.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #5
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyinBuffalo View Post
These seem like great ideas to entertain kids who have been to the parks before. Has anyone done these? Does it take away from your time to see the attractions/rides that you want? We'll have 5 kids in our group (ages 12-16) and I'd hate for each of them to be sent in different directions and we spend more time looking for clues than actually seeing the park.
My DS loved Sorcerers of MK last year. We did Kim Possible in 2010 but the new Agent P was up and running last summer when were there. But on that note, if you are doing this it will take time away from riding because you are doing this instead. The good thing is, you don't have to keep looking for clues. At any point you can just stop. We kind of did both, we would find a clue, do some things in the area that we were in and move on to the next clue. It will only take as much as your time as you want it to.
mom2mickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #6
Tbiafore
Mouseketeer

Where do you go to start Agent P's World Showcase Adventure? Where do you pick up the phone and start?
Tbiafore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #7
ammag
DIS Veteran

There are several stations to start agent p, all on the map. We started ours near the bridge to England I believe. They also had a stand as you enter WS. We loved it of, did France and Japan. Great break for kids, we did not do the card game, would have if we had more time. The only downside I saw is at some points big lines to use your cards at each area. I know each run is different depending n what card you play but it seemed anticlimactic to see everyone else do it first...not sure how to avoid that!
ammag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #8
gwmort
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammag View Post
There are several stations to start agent p, all on the map. We started ours near the bridge to England I believe. They also had a stand as you enter WS. We loved it of, did France and Japan. Great break for kids, we did not do the card game, would have if we had more time. The only downside I saw is at some points big lines to use your cards at each area. I know each run is different depending n what card you play but it seemed anticlimactic to see everyone else do it first...not sure how to avoid that!
They're not all at the same point in the same story of the game. The person in front of you could be on a completely different quest and fighting completely different villains than you are at the same portal.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #9
Albytaps
Mickey's Biggest Fan

I haven't tried Agent P, but SotMK was cool especially if you like trading cards. The cards are nice... and you get a free pack of 5 every day for each person. You can all play as one group so you can go around together, one person will hold a key card that will start the event at each location... it's kinda like a memory card /save point that recognizes the where you are in the game. If you go to the wrong location it will tell you.

It does take time out of you day, and more so if you have to wait on a line (although they usually aren't more than 5 minutes.) So as a PP mentioned, if you don't have a lot of MK time I wouldn't bother with SotMK although I still would stop by the SotMK station and get your free cards. Each park ticket will get you one pack of 5 cards. For my family of 6, we were getting 6 packs a day! We are only missing a couple of cards, some which you can only get during special events.

WE LOVE DISNEY

Me DW DD DD DD DD

Albytaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:49 PM   #10
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbiafore View Post
Where do you go to start Agent P's World Showcase Adventure? Where do you pick up the phone and start?
There are several locations where you can pick-up the FONE. Off the top of my head, there are sign-up locations next to UK, by Italy, by Norway, and on the walkway to WS.

I really like both Agent P and SotMK, but with 5 kids, it might not be feasible to play either of these games. As others have mentioned, you can either play as a group (which will guarantee you'll stay together, but the kids will have to share) or individually (which means you may end up being scattered around the park). You can request (if it's not busy) where to go with Agent P, but not with SotMK. Both take about 30 minutes to complete one mission.

Agent P move pretty quickly and it's rare that you have to wait very long to play. Most of the clues tell you go somewhere, do something, then move away to get the next clue. It's a cute game and worth trying. However, with 5 kids, if everyone wants to play, you'll probably need more than one FONE. I found it hard to have three people look at and listen to the FONE at the same time.

SotMK can be fast or slow depending on how many people are in front of you. You have to play the entire scene standing there, so if there are folks in front of you, you have to wait for them to each finish the cut scene, play a spell, watch the cut scene. It can be pretty time consuming. There are two villains per land, so it's likely that you'll see some element of your mission while waiting (if you have to wait for multiple people to finish ahead of you). For me, I would play SotMK if the crowds were low and there were very few people playing ahead of me (two or less).
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #11
johde
DIS Veteran

Remember with SotMK you don't need to complete a mission all at once. For example, when I did one of the Adventure Land missions, I did a clue, then rode POTC, another couple of clues, rode JC etc. So it didn't take much time there. Main St. and the section of Frontier land that SotMK is in don't have as many rides near by so It's a little bit harder to do that.

Several Trips off site and at Grandma house going back to 1976
Dec 2002 OKW; Dec 2003 OKW; Sept 2004 BWV&OKW; Dec 2005 OKW Sept 2006 BWV: Sept 2007 BWV & AKV
Dec 2009 AKV & BWV: Sept 2011 VCG and the Disneyland Half Marathon: Jan 2013 OKW and AKV New years at Disney. Jan. 2015 AKV/ Cabana Bay?
johde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #12
phyzch
Earning My Ears

both are a lot of fun. I prefer SotMK for the cards. it's nice that you have a tangible souvenir to take home. But the action is better at agent P. Things actually happen: smoke from chimneys, musical instruments play, drinking steins sing, etc.

For SotMK I would get them all their own key. it isn't necessary to play all of them and if some go to different lands, (as they most certainly will) just remember where they go and wait until you are in that land to play that game, it won't send you all over the park, it will send you to one land until you beat that part of the game and then send you to a different land. with multiple games in one land. the group could split up and play all the games and meet back up after 30 - 40 mins. they won't ever be that far away from the rest of the group because they will just be wandering around the same land. 12-16 sound like a responsible enough age group. I wouldn't say "meet me at the hotel in 3 hours" but "meet back at the dole whip stand in 40 minutes" seems perfectly reasonable.

For Agent P, one phone is probably enough, especially given the age (if they can share) we played with a 3, 5, and 7 yo cousins. sharing wasn't their strong suit but the phone really isn't that interesting, you just push one button over and over. Watching the actions in the world is the fun part.
phyzch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #13
patsal
I've discovered I don't need to be a control freak...and like it!

Agent P we just do it together as we are touring a country or two. A little more funa nd off the beaten path.
SOTMK we get our cards and head off to whatever we have planned. When we get to where the portals are we play around withthem. We just mark off where we left off as a note to self and pick up there the next time we go. In fantasy land they are all very close together. Frontierland not so much and Main street is pretty close and gives us a chance to shop and window shop and play. Adventureland is spread apart as well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: