Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #166
churchlady
Mouseketeer

Subbing! We are 56 days away!! Thank you so much for sharing!

WDW April 2003
Land/Sea Beach Club, Disney Wonder April 2005
Disney Magic 7 day Western May 2006
1st timeto Disneyland/ DLH October 2006

WDW Contemporary June 2007

Disney Magic 7 day Eastern TORTOLA/POLY May 2009

DCL 3 day Dream/BWI November 2011
DCL 4 day Dream April 2013

DH, me, dd 16, dd18, dd20
churchlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #167
Dave Dizney
Super-Duper organized Ultimate Disney Fan!
And Travel Channel Television Star!
Possibly a hitchhiking ghost...

Quote:
Originally Posted by awilliams4 View Post
Awesome!
This photo is especially sad now. I'm sure the folks on the "extended" Carnival cruise this week would agree.
Dave Dizney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 10:28 PM   #168
mecllap
"Skamps"
Hugh Jackman -- major beefcake!
Once a DIS Sleuth, Always a DIS Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dizney View Post
Well, you're all required to wear those yellow flotation devices and flippers, so you don't really have to be a strong swimmer - just a good floater. It gets about 10 feet I'd estimate in the deeper areas. DW had some panic issues at first with the headgear, but overcame it quickly once she was able to see the fish. You just float and paddle - very easy.
Great report, and congrats on your 30+ years and a wonderful trip. Do you happen to know if you're required to use only their gear, or can you use that area and use your own mask, snorkel and vest?
mecllap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:45 AM   #169
Dave Dizney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecllap View Post
Great report, and congrats on your 30+ years and a wonderful trip. Do you happen to know if you're required to use only their gear, or can you use that area and use your own mask, snorkel and vest?
I believe you can use your own gear, but I believe they require you to use their vests. They use these to spot swimmers and to keep the over-confident from drowning.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #170
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecllap View Post
Totally OT but I love the picture of your car! Is that Playboy Pink? Just had to say hey from another Mustang lover (66 Convertible under restoration).

Jill in CO
Old 02-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #171
mecllap
"Skamps"
Hugh Jackman -- major beefcake!
Once a DIS Sleuth, Always a DIS Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Totally OT but I love the picture of your car! Is that Playboy Pink? Just had to say hey from another Mustang lover (66 Convertible under restoration).

Jill in CO
Thank you -- it's a 68 (it was my Mom's; she bought it in Calif.). From the research I did, they didn't actually do a "Playboy/girl" pink; I think it's "passion" pink? It is the original color, altho Dad did have it repainted on the outside once (all the inside areas still match). It needs some restoration, unfortunately haven't been able to keep it running lately (not serious issues, tho).

Not to hijack the thread, sorry Dave. Oh dear, I'd really like to use my own vest, but it is a nuisance to pack. I suppose they won't let me use a noodle either.

And, Jill, the photo is from Wyoming; I used to live in Ft. Collins.

Last edited by mecllap; 02-24-2013 at 09:01 AM.
mecllap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #172
NC State
DIS Veteran

Loved the report, this is very helpful because I'm planning our first cruise for Sept.

Oct 5-10, 2014 Pop /Wonder cruise Apr 26-May 1, 2015/
Dream cruise Sept 8-12, 2013
/Feb, 2013 Pop /Sept 2012 AoA(LM)/Feb 2012 WL /Sept 2011 CSR /
Dec 2010 ASMu/Sept 2009 ASMu / Sept 2008 Pop/ May 2007 POR/
Oct-Nov 2006 Pop /Sept-Oct 2005 Pop/Sept 2003 CBR /May 1994 off site
NC State is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #173
Dave Dizney

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State View Post
Loved the report, this is very helpful because I'm planning our first cruise for Sept.
Congratulations on your 30th! Hope you have as great a time as we did. Sounds really good especially today since we have 11" of snow on the ground!
Old 02-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #174
KarenMP59
DVC Member

Congrats on a fantastic TR and also on your 30th anniversary. We did a "kidless" cruise last year for our 30th as well. It was also both of our birthdays so we were constantly getting little gifts and special desserts from the CMs. We loved it so much we are doing it again in April Reading your TR makes us even more excited to go back. Plus it's snowing....Looking forward to some warm Caribbean sunshine

Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea February 2001Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea April 2004Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea April 2005Wonder 7 Day Land/Sea April 2009Fantasy Eastern Caribbean May 2012Fantasy Eastern Caribbean April 2013Fantasy Western Caribbean March 2014Wonder Alaska September 2014Fantasy Eastern Caribbean February 2015

DVC 1997
Too many visits to WDW to count
KarenMP59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:17 PM   #175
Dave Dizney

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenMP59 View Post
Congrats on a fantastic TR and also on your 30th anniversary. We did a "kidless" cruise last year for our 30th as well. It was also both of our birthdays so we were constantly getting little gifts and special desserts from the CMs. We loved it so much we are doing it again in April Reading your TR makes us even more excited to go back. Plus it's snowing....Looking forward to some warm Caribbean sunshine
Yes, we're having a ridicules amount of snow the past few days. My laptop screensaver is scrolling through Castaway Cay photos - sigh.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:12 PM   #176
NEmel
Mouseketeer

Congrats on the 30th! I love your review, the photos, and great information. We are going on the Dream in April for my son's Make a Wish cruise. Thanks!
NEmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:15 AM   #177
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

Dave, thanks for a great trip report! I especially loved your spa story! We have not been to the spa, but I'm sure our experience would be very similar to yours. I guess we are not spa people either.
We did not do an onboard booking on our first cruise either, and like you, we regretted it. However, we got a package in the mail about a month after we got home with a beautiful picture of the Dream and an offer of a 10% discount, just no OBC. so how could we resist? Needless to say, we booked a 4 day on the Dream and did not make the same mistake again! We rebooked onboard so this year we will be doing a 7 day Fantasy Western! Yes, we are hooked!

Last edited by perfectmatch300; 02-25-2013 at 11:03 PM.
perfectmatch300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #178
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Just finished reading. I've been searching through the boards for recent Dream reports to obsess over ours in a few weeks....24 days....yay! I wish I could convince my husband that Disney trips are a good thing.

I too was a WDWCPer though way back in Spring of 2001. Crazy to say but it was still the best job I ever had....ups and downs but I loved it. I hope your daughter had a great experience.

Thank you for sharing your trip.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #179
Dave Dizney

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
Just finished reading. I've been searching through the boards for recent Dream reports to obsess over ours in a few weeks....24 days....yay! I wish I could convince my husband that Disney trips are a good thing.

I too was a WDWCPer though way back in Spring of 2001. Crazy to say but it was still the best job I ever had....ups and downs but I loved it. I hope your daughter had a great experience.

Thank you for sharing your trip.
DD loved the CP time - she is now getting through the cultural/climate change between central Florida and south-central Iowa (where she goes to college).

We still are obsessing about our past cruise and looking forward to the next time we go!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #180
NeNe1024
Earning My Ears

Thank you Dave for your wonderful trip report! You've entertained me for 2 days of rainy and snowy spring Omaha weather! I even teared up when your trip was over. We leave May 12th for our very first Disney Cruise with DS, DIL, and 2 wonderful young grand children. I'm very excited!
NeNe1024 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: