Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #11
joviroxx
rectally reporters television produce

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post

Do you punish all your children every time *one* does something they should be punished for? If so, I feel for your children. That's exactly what happened here. Do you actually think the *one* student that was guilty got the message?? Because, I sure don't.

Well, first of all, noone was punished here. Its not like they took something away. They were taught a lesson as a group. Whether it was misguided or not, it wasn't a punishment.

I also figure that even although it was one kid snooping, MOST kids enjoyed the rumor and spreading the info this one kid "got". So, in essence, 1 kid might have been guilty of snooping but most were guilty of spreading rumors of information obtained from snooping.

Secondly, Im PARENTING 2 kids, not a teacher of many. I don't expect my kids' teachers to parent, that's my job. What I do expect is that my kids respect and follow classroom rules. I also teach my kids that rules sometimes might be silly, that they might not agree with a rule, but it is a rule. But that said, I have been known to say "I don't care whose fault it is, stop it, or you both are grounded". They have learned to work things out between them.

So, you don't really need to feel for my kids. Though not perfect, and neither am I, they are both incredible independent, strong kids with a good self image. I was going to say self-sufficient but although that goes for DD, 15yr DS can be a complete mess LOL.
joviroxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: