Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 10:40 AM   #2701
Merbean09
Mouseketeer

This is my dream resort, the theming just looks superb!!!
I'm hoping to be able to go here next year's Feb trip, if not, the next one after that then.
I'm happy to see it gets a lot of positive ratings!

Jordan - Daddy/Puts up with Disney fanatic of the same name

London- Son/Disney Fantic- in training
Old 02-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #2702
skylizard
DIS Veteran

Checking in to the Villas in May. Can't wait!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #2703
ethansmommy
Disney Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I'm sorry, but you are still going to WDW! You don't have to be staying at WL/VWL to be in the Lodgers' Log. In fact, I'm logged and I'm not staying at WL for spring break. If you let me know where you're staying, I can update your entry and easily change it if you do end up staying at WL
Thank you.. we will be staying at the French Quarter.

"Every story has an end, but in life every ending is just a new begining."

Past Trips: Jan '08-WL, April '08-AKL, Sept '08-WL,
Jan '09-WL, May '09-off-site, Nov '09-Poly, Nov '10-WLV, Nov '11-WL
Future Trips: Nov '13-WL
Old 02-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #2704
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

First, I would love to be added to the Lodger's Log for 8/11-8/16. We'll be there celebrating my youngest's birthday!

Second, for requesting rooms...we have reserved a Woods View Bunk Bed room. I'd love a view of MK & Wishes if the room gods are with us. Would it be best to request 1. a high floor and 2. Otter pond view?

Thanks a million!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
Old 02-22-2013, 08:52 PM   #2705
Tinkerbelljean
Earning My Ears

VWL February 13-21

Just returned from a VWL stay Feb. 13-21 in a 2BRM lock off with the exception of 2/17 when we could only get a 1 BRM so some of us stayed at AKL Club level. Both sons, DH and in-laws (in their 80's) and myself for this trip. Those who stayed at AKL Club level loved it.

At VWL we had issues checking in (rooms not ready after 5 pm and then the room number was called to our home phone instead of a text to our cell phone which we requested) and with Mousekeeping (no room cleaning or trash and towel service in the 1 BRM unit which we were in 8 days). The lack of Mousekeeping put a kink in our trip. I spent a lot of time cleaning and washing Disney towels/sheets and came home exhausted. I kept being sent from Mousekeeping, to the front desk to Member services. I gave up and will send a letter. I wanted a nice trip for the family so I cleaned and did Disney's laundry begrudgingly.

The Territory Lounge was nice, we really enjoyed our time there. We had a hoot of a breakfast at Whispering Canyon (or as my son refers to it "The Bellowing Buffet"). We took the in-laws to the Top of the World Lounge for a drink and to watch MK fireworks. They enjoyed that.

I don't think the in-laws will travel again so this was a special time, they flew in from Minnesota, a son from Wisconsin and the rest from the East Coast. Despite weather issues, all went well from a transportation perspective.

One thing I miss in the villas are the dishes which matched the room decor. I loved the green mugs and the large "Chuckwagon" type bowls. The white institutional dishes just are not the same. I brought a hearty soup mix along to have in the "Chuckwagon" bowls, but alas, no bowls. I really miss the old WL dishes and didn't make the soup.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #2706
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelljean View Post
Just returned from a VWL stay Feb. 13-21 in a 2BRM lock off with the exception of 2/17 when we could only get a 1 BRM so some of us stayed at AKL Club level. Both sons, DH and in-laws (in their 80's) and myself for this trip. Those who stayed at AKL Club level loved it.

At VWL we had issues checking in (rooms not ready after 5 pm and then the room number was called to our home phone instead of a text to our cell phone which we requested) and with Mousekeeping (no room cleaning or trash and towel service in the 1 BRM unit which we were in 8 days). ...(
You weren't in a one bedroom for eight days. You were in a one bedroom for one day. You were in a two bedroom for a few days, then the one bedroom for one day and then the two bedroom for a few more days. So technically, you weren't in a room long enough (four nights) to get room service of any kind. But they should have cleaned the one bedroom before your stay in that and after you "moved out" of it.

You had three reservations for the VWL. One for a two bedroom, one for a one bedroom and one for a two bedroom.

We had a situation like that once at OKW and we called housekeeping and asked them to clean the room since we were technically on another reservation.

When we stayed at BLT in October, we were there for eight nights and got Trash and Towel service three times and they came to do the full cleaning on the day before we were supposed to check out. We had two linked reservations in the same villa. We're not that dirty, so the sheets didn't bother me. And the towels were changed out okay.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:25 AM   #2707
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

I have scanned back several (10) pages and don't see the answer to the question: when are the Christmas decorations in the lobby up? (just a ballpark guess will do!) I want to go back during the holidays this year, and would like to make sure that the tree is up! We had a trip planned to the WL for April, and changed to the GF....but will be ready for some cozy time at the Lodge come Christmas-time!
Old 02-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #2708
pld5
Dreaming of Disney

Checking In Tomorrow!

We check in to the Lodge tomorrow!

Hope to be in the air at this time tomorrow and to the Lodge by Noon.

We cannot wait!
1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, 1/2012 - First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR,
Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR
Old 02-23-2013, 07:40 AM   #2709
CNYGuy
When can I go back again???

The Christmas decorations start to go up around Thanksgiving. For sure by November 30 I would think. We were leaving 3 days before Thanksgiving and they started to decorate while we were leaving for airport.
2002 - CR (Anniversary)
2006 - CR (Conference)
2008 - GF (Concierge)
2012 - GF (Kids + Grandparents = Tired)
2013 - Poly- CL at Hawaii
Old 02-23-2013, 08:03 AM   #2710
tinkerrn
Needing 'pixie dust'!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld5 View Post
We check in to the Lodge tomorrow!

Hope to be in the air at this time tomorrow and to the Lodge by Noon.

We cannot wait!
We are also checking in tomorrow! So excited! Honeymoon Suite CL here we come!!!
Old 02-23-2013, 08:43 AM   #2711
pld5
Dreaming of Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerrn View Post
We are also checking in tomorrow! So excited! Honeymoon Suite CL here we come!!!

Jealous of the Honeymoon Suite, but probably would not have been an appropriate choice for my son's 7th birthday celebration.....
1972 - 1987 -WDW semi-annual trips with parents & brother -offsite hotels, 10/2005 - Pregnant with DS - offsite rental home (DH's first trip), 3/2010 -DS's first visit for his 4th birthday - offsite rental home, 1/2012 - First stay onsite -WL "]Better Late Than Never January 22-28, 2012, They Don't Make Pencils in PA? Feb/Mar 2013 TR,
Why Do I Have To Ride By Myself? Feb/Mar 2014 TR
Old 02-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #2712
bluecastle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelljean

At VWL we had issues checking in (rooms not ready after 5 pm and then the room number was called to our home phone instead of a text to our cell phone which we requested) and with Mousekeeping (no room cleaning or trash and towel service in the 1 BRM unit which we were in 8 days). The lack of Mousekeeping put a kink in our trip. I spent a lot of time cleaning and washing Disney towels/sheets and came home exhausted. I kept being sent from Mousekeeping, to the front desk to Member services. I gave up and will send a letter. I wanted a nice trip for the family so I cleaned and did Disney's laundry begrudgingly.

The Territory Lounge was nice, we really enjoyed our time there. We had a hoot of a breakfast at Whispering Canyon (or as my son refers to it "The Bellowing Buffet"). We took the in-laws to the Top of the World Lounge for a drink and to watch MK fireworks. They enjoyed that.

I don't think the in-laws will travel again so this was a special time, they flew in from Minnesota, a son from Wisconsin and the rest from the East Coast. Despite weather issues, all went well from a transportation perspective.

One thing I miss in the villas are the dishes which matched the room decor. I loved the green mugs and the large "Chuckwagon" type bowls. The white institutional dishes just are not the same. I brought a hearty soup mix along to have in the "Chuckwagon" bowls, but alas, no bowls. I really miss the old WL dishes and didn't make the soup.
Sorry to hear about your issues with housekeeping and the check- in process.
Other than that, what did you think of the condition of the room and the beds? We are staying in a 2BR in August and since I have a bad back, I am hoping the mattresses are fairly firm. Was there enough drawer space for everyone? Did the showers have decent water pressure? ( we have pretty much found lower pressure than we have at home when at WDW) Housekeeping aside, was the unit clean? Did you request a particular view or floor? Sorry for all the questions! TIA for any info.
'81 offsite, 4/90 Polynesian, 8/91 Beach Club, 7/92 Pt. Orleans, 10/94 Polynesian, 10/96 Caribbean Beach, 6/00 Wilderness Lodge, 6/02 Portofino/Polynesian, 12/09 Wilderness Lodge, 8/14 Portofino/Villas at Wilderness Lodge

Old 02-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #2713
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser
I have scanned back several (10) pages and don't see the answer to the question: when are the Christmas decorations in the lobby up? (just a ballpark guess will do!) I want to go back during the holidays this year, and would like to make sure that the tree is up! We had a trip planned to the WL for April, and changed to the GF....but will be ready for some cozy time at the Lodge come Christmas-time!
I had also gone back through the pages to find out when the decorations went up because I plan to return to see them. The best I could figure out from the comments is that they were up around Nov 19th.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 02-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #2714
Tinkerbelljean
Earning My Ears

Don't follow your Disney math

[QUOTE=Deb & Bill;47597164]You weren't in a one bedroom for eight days. You were in a one bedroom for one day. You were in a two bedroom for a few days, then the one bedroom for one day and then the two bedroom for a few more days. So technically, you weren't in a room long enough (four nights) to get room service of any kind. But they should have cleaned the one bedroom before your stay in that and after you "moved out" of it.

I don't understand your math. If you stay for 8 nights and can't get one night in a reservation there is no way at some end of the stay you wouldn't be in a reservation for 4 nights or more and be entitled to at least trash and towel once. We had four consecutive nights in a two bedroom and lost the lock off on day 5. If my Disney math is correct, day 4 is trash and towel day.

My 80 plus year old in-laws are very clean people but have issues that 80 year-old folks commonly have and require fresh towels and sheets. It would be nice for Disney to provide trash and towel when due. I have stayed at VWL at least 5 times for 5 nights or more and have rarely gotten the services when due. I have gone through the VWL "it is not my fault go to another department" run around too often and wasted my vacation time, I can remember at least 3 trips to VWL when I have attempted to obtain services that were due. I have not had this issue at other resorts, not that it does not happen there. Sometimes you feel like you have a target painted on you and I have one at VWL with housekeeping.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #2715
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I had also gone back through the pages to find out when the decorations went up because I plan to return to see them. The best I could figure out from the comments is that they were up around Nov 19th.
Thanks for this update! That jibes with the time I was planning on booking us.
I feel like it will be less crowded, but possibly still festive by that week.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: