Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #1876
Ccann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kde175
On our way to Disney World to run the Royal Family 5k...think we're somewhere over South Carolina almost to Georgia. Have great weekend everyone!
Good luck with the race... Wish I was more south right now lol...
Old 02-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #1877
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald_Quackers View Post
There won't be as far as I'm concerned. I'll drive if I have to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccann View Post
Sitting at home with the family for a white out... Experienced my first Thundersnow today... More to come. Oh boy oh boy!!!
Oh boy, do those words bring back memories....years of being stationed in Keflavik Iceland!
And who would have thought that my DMiL in Tucson would get more snow this year than we did? And no, she doesn't live in the mountains!

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #1878
Donald_Quackers
Quacktastic!

Yeah, had my first thundersnow last year -- that was really weird as I've not had that happen before...

Dang, missed top post by two!

Apr '12 -- Disney Fantasy 7 Nights
Dec '10 -- Disney Magic 7 Nights/4 nights @ POFQ
Dec '08 -- Disney Wonder 4 Nights/2 nights @ Pop Cent. / Dec '07 -- Coronado Springs
Dec '04, '05 / Oct '03 -- Off Site/Vacation Home
Sleep Apnea diagnosed June 2012
Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Last edited by Donald_Quackers; 02-21-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #1879
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by kde175 View Post
On our way to Disney World to run the Royal Family 5k...think we're somewhere over South Carolina almost to Georgia. Have great weekend everyone!
have a great time, it's going to be in the 80's this weekend.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #1880
Va-NanaTink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger View Post

Nov 77-one day WDW; Oct 01--POR; Oct 04--GF; Dec 05--GC Concierge/BC Concierge/Disney Wonder; May 06--GF Concierge; Sept 06- Disney Magic, Western Carib; May 07--SSR; Sept/Oct 07--Disney Magic, Eastern Carib; Jan 08--SSR; April 08 Cont Concierge; Aug 08--GC Concierge; Aug-Sep 08--Disney Magic, Eastbound Panama Canal; Dec 08--GF Palm Club; Apr 09--AKL; Oct 09--SSR; Dec 09--Polynesian-Disney Magic Eastern Carib; May 10--VWL; Jun 10--POFQ; Nov/Dec 10--Disney Magic Western Carib-Saratoga Springs; Feb 11--GC; Jun 11 B2B Disney Dream/Dream; Oct.11--SSR; Jan 12--VWL; May 12--HHI; Jul 12--Magic 2 Day; Nov12--Bay Lake Towers; Nov 12--Fantasy Eastern Carib; Feb 13--POR; May 13--Boardwalk Villas; Oct 13--Old Key West; Dec 13--Fantasy Western Carib; Jan 14--SSR; Jan 14--Dream Bahamas;
Old 02-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #1881
Ccann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink

Oh boy, do those words bring back memories....years of being stationed in Keflavik Iceland!
And who would have thought that my DMiL in Tucson would get more snow this year than we did? And no, she doesn't live in the mountains!
It's just a weird year for weather, wow Tucson... I would love to visit Tucson as well as Iceland and Ireland... Their on my long list of places to visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald_Quackers
Yeah, had my first thundersnow last year -- that was really weird as I've not had that happen before...

Dang, missed top post by two!
I never heard of it before today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by philatiger

Sure rub it in for the one stuck inside with 8inches of snow outside... Blah hahaha
Old 02-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #1882
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kde175 View Post
Have a great race and fun in Disney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald_Quackers View Post
There won't be as far as I'm concerned. I'll drive if I have to!
Yep, we tossed that idea around...but I think we will still fly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccann View Post
Sitting at home with the family for a white out... Experienced my first Thundersnow today... More to come. Oh boy oh boy!!!
stay safe and warm....ours is going to hit tonite they say around 10pm...so will see what happens.

Quote:

have a good evening
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 02-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #1883
MinnieCruzer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
yeah, it might be a good idea before the summer price bumps!! Otherwise there will be an empty chair at dinner!
I'm waiting to hear whether John is going to retire this June or next--may have to wait for the post-Labor Day price drops to book. That way I'll know if we can extend a week or so before or after our cruise--Angie
Old 02-21-2013, 11:07 PM   #1884
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am so sorry that you are so stressed about the flights, here is some to help.

It will all work out in the end, but we all know planning a vacation can be very stressful, especially when it comes to controlling expenses. Will you have a car while you are here? If so, check flight options to Tampa, its a little over an hour drive. Don't know if it is cheaper but worth a shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Va-NanaTink View Post
Good luck finding a good price! I know how horrible it can be to find tickets!!
I have good news! I got my tickets I ended up booking them myself (much to the annoyance of the TA but we won't go there ) through Qantas. I decided I didn't want to wait for VAustralia and the were code sharing with Delta (I think) on the international leg unless I wanted to pay more for a VAustralia flight all the way. My total price was under $7500 plus I paid an extra $200 to choose my seats. Isn't that such a rip off? We never had to pay to choose seats before on a 'premier' airline, on the cheap, budget ones, yes, but not on a premier. That's just ridiculous. It was $20 each seat each leg on international and no charge on domestic. If we wanted exit row seats it would be $150, but the kids wouldn't have been able to sit with us there. We saved ourselves the bulk of the money by changing the dates to one day before I originally planned to fly (the TA had us leaving on the 30th which was the day we'd be checking in!). We will overnight in LA before flying to Orlando on the 29th so I've called WorldMark and arranged an extra night at our timeshare.

Philatiger, we will be hiring a car but we don't need to drive far now

One less weight off my shoulders
Old 02-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #1885
Dixielady908

I'm holding off till Southwest comes out with their flights for December. On our cruise for 2011, I wanted to fly southwest because they dont charge for checked luggage...but I broke down and booked United. So 600.00 round trip for 2. Then we added on for a better seat selection..another 200.00 round trip and they charged us 80.00 to orlando for cheked luggage. So Chicago to Orladno $880.00 for 2 people. Then we spend the day after the cruise at Disney...when we did our check out there, they said that the tickets we had purchased we did not have to pay a checked luggage fee ...so I didnt say anything and hoped for the best at MCO...nothing was said to us, so I assume that I was charged the extra 80.00 by "accident" but I never said anything, becasue I thought what if they missed it on the way home and then they would want their $80.00.... So I was out 80.00....but the way I look at it....the airline needs the money more than me...

So Southwest this time....
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 02-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #1886
Dixielady908

So how is everyone doing who got hit with the storm. Not to bad here only about 2-3 inches....the roads were just wet and sloppy coming to work today...so not alot to complain about.

have a good one

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Old 02-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #1887
philatiger
Just Goofin Around......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
I have good news! I got my tickets I ended up booking them myself (much to the annoyance of the TA but we won't go there ) through Qantas. I decided I didn't want to wait for VAustralia and the were code sharing with Delta (I think) on the international leg unless I wanted to pay more for a VAustralia flight all the way. My total price was under $7500 plus I paid an extra $200 to choose my seats. Isn't that such a rip off? We never had to pay to choose seats before on a 'premier' airline, on the cheap, budget ones, yes, but not on a premier. That's just ridiculous. It was $20 each seat each leg on international and no charge on domestic. If we wanted exit row seats it would be $150, but the kids wouldn't have been able to sit with us there. We saved ourselves the bulk of the money by changing the dates to one day before I originally planned to fly (the TA had us leaving on the 30th which was the day we'd be checking in!). We will overnight in LA before flying to Orlando on the 29th so I've called WorldMark and arranged an extra night at our timeshare.

Philatiger, we will be hiring a car but we don't need to drive far now

One less weight off my shoulders
Good news about the flights, one less thing to worry about. Now you can focus on the fun things you want to plan.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #1888
Ccann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908
I'm holding off till Southwest comes out with their flights for December. On our cruise for 2011, I wanted to fly southwest because they dont charge for checked luggage...but I broke down and booked United. So 600.00 round trip for 2. Then we added on for a better seat selection..another 200.00 round trip and they charged us 80.00 to orlando for cheked luggage. So Chicago to Orladno $880.00 for 2 people. Then we spend the day after the cruise at Disney...when we did our check out there, they said that the tickets we had purchased we did not have to pay a checked luggage fee ...so I didnt say anything and hoped for the best at MCO...nothing was said to us, so I assume that I was charged the extra 80.00 by "accident" but I never said anything, becasue I thought what if they missed it on the way home and then they would want their $80.00.... So I was out 80.00....but the way I look at it....the airline needs the money more than me...

So Southwest this time....
I book with Southwest, I would on my own but lucky my TA loves Southwest. Last time I booked was last June for a Nov trip. Prices went down so I scored $80 per ticket for our family to use towards a flight. I looking into a weekend trip to Chicago never been and would like to go. Need to use the credit before June 2013. I also changed days and times without penalty... Love it.... My TA watches changes and discount codes makes things a little less stressful..

I booked my last Disney vacation with my TA, we changed arrival days by 2 days for Free Dinning, we scored a credit on tickets, and an extra day in the World for $9.00....we did the DxDP too.

Hoping this year flights will be $300 or less per person... Here is hoping...
Old 02-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #1889
Ccann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908
So how is everyone doing who got hit with the storm. Not to bad here only about 2-3 inches....the roads were just wet and sloppy coming to work today...so not alot to complain about.

have a good one

My Daughter took the last of the milk this morning. Because I live in a cult de sac we are last on the list. A plow came into our circle to turn around instead of pushing snow to a side they pushed it up to my drive blocking me in (4 feet high) So mad. My good neighbor took a snow blower to give me and everyone a path out... We have about 9" and suppose to get 2-3 more Monday. (4year old has to have his milk)

It s sunny and pretty out but both kids have been having temps and sniffles so I am not letting them go out. Makes for a long day inside this small house.

We got out to the gas station for milk all the main roads are clear.... But side streets crazy... I was ready for summer, I have my first tournament in a month so really need it to warm up soon.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #1890
Ccann
Mouseketeer

Why Not???!

Sure dont mind if I do....
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: