Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 04:10 PM   #16
Daisybelle
You don't have to go fast, you just have to go

Woohoo on Big Bang theory tickets! You'll have ti let us know how that goes.

*spoilers*. Amy gets much better. 😉
Daisybelle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #17
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
Woohoo on Big Bang theory tickets! You'll have ti let us know how that goes.

*spoilers*. Amy gets much better. 😉
haha spoilers, love it. Would also love it if Disney put in, if not a ride, at least some sort of little Doctor Who homage somewhere in the parks.

So with much tweaking, and now that I know my Big Bang taping date, the schedule is just about finalized.

Sunday Feb. 24: arrive at noon to LAX, get car, head to Sequoia based on weather.

Monday Feb. 25: early morning hike at Sequoia, then head to Anaheim. Check into Candy Cane. I think tonight we will just relax, maybe explore DD. There is a very off chance we'll go into a park this night.

Tuesday Feb. 26: was previously going to be a park day, but this is now Big Bang day. We have to be there ready to wait at 1. I think I'll schedule a WB Studio Tour around 10:30 (it takes 2.5 hours). So we'll most likely just wake up and head to the WB Studios. Depending on what time the Big Bang taping is over, we might go to Grauman's or El Capitan for a movie, then head back to Anaheim.

Wednesday Feb. 27: wake up early, check into DLH, go to DCA for the hotel extra morning hours.

Thursday Feb. 28: sleep in a bit and enjoy the hotel, then DL all day. When we are done with DL, head to Oceanside for the night.

Friday March 1: Zoo, SD hotel resort time, then dinner and Prohibition Bar.

Saturday March 2: Birthday!! Old Town, La Jolla seals, then back to Anaheim to check into the Ramada and head to Trader Sam's

Sunday March 3: Full DL day

geez. I can never seem to schedule downtime, can I??

I think my problem is I just like too many things. This schedule is jam packed without even trying to find time to see the Jekyll and Hyde broadway show I wanted to see. I also wanted to make it to the Griffith Observatory. And have at least one more Disney day. Ugh.
OhioStateBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 04:35 PM   #18
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

It all sounds fun! You can sleep when you get home!

How fun you get to see a Big Bang Theory taping. That's one of our favorite shows. You could possibly do Griffith Observatory that same day since you'll be nearby.

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:02 AM   #19
stacy~**
DIS Veteran

Yay...for things falling into place!!

I know you did Universal last trip...remind me...was that the only studio tour you did? I ask because I am currently torn between the WB and Universal tours so I would love a comparison!!

Oh I would also love to hear if you squeeze in the Griffith Observatory! That is on our list (planning to start my first ever PTR very soon) yet I haven't been able to find much on the Dis about it.
DISNEYLAND-Paradise Pier July 2013*BWI June 2012
ASMo March 2012-one day only*WL July 2010
POFQ Jan 2009*DISNEYLAND-Hojo Aug 2007
POFQ March 2007*CSR Aug 2006

Currently planning: Feb. 2015 and June 2015
"We're not gonna make it, we're not gonna make it!"-August 2014-TR
PTR: Have you ever planned a trip in 39 days on a total impulse? Same!~Aug 2014

3 days in LA, 6 days in Disneyland and 1 Amazing Cast Member Photo bomb

I am on twitter: http://twitter.com/stacyleigh9
stacy~** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:49 AM   #20
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
It all sounds fun! You can sleep when you get home!

How fun you get to see a Big Bang Theory taping. That's one of our favorite shows. You could possibly do Griffith Observatory that same day since you'll be nearby.

PHXscuba
We are kind of thinking along that route for the observatory. After Big Bang I think we'll either watch a movie at Grauman's or El Capitan, or go to the Observatory.

Our other option is Monday afternoon/evening, on the drive back from Sequoia or wherever we go, we could do the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy~** View Post
Yay...for things falling into place!!

I know you did Universal last trip...remind me...was that the only studio tour you did? I ask because I am currently torn between the WB and Universal tours so I would love a comparison!!

Oh I would also love to hear if you squeeze in the Griffith Observatory! That is on our list (planning to start my first ever PTR very soon) yet I haven't been able to find much on the Dis about it.
We did the regular Universal park experience, which includes the tram tour. You can pay extra and do a special Universal tour, which includes more behind the scenes access, and I believe you get special VIP seating at all the shows and front of the line access to the rides.

We did the Paramount Studios tour, which might not help you but we thought was awesome. We got to go onto the set of Big Time Rush, though I've heard that most get to see the Dr. Phil set but it was closed when we went.

We are going to do the WB Tour this time, so if your trip is sometime in the future I'll make sure to give you the rundown on the WB Tour.

The next big step I've moved onto is the car rental. For 9 days, I found a $181 price on Bookit.com. I used the Visa code for Alamo and was able to get one for $189, and I think I'm keeping that and cancelling the bookit.com, it is with a car rental agency I've never heard of, but I think its a cheapo place.

I'm also confused about my tour booking date. I want to book the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour for Sunday March 3. You can only book 30 days in advance. I had called a few days ago not realizing this, and the guy on the phone at Disney told me if I wanted the tour for March 3 I could call February 3...isn't that 1 day too many? Shouldn't I be able to call March 2? I am confused.

Also wondering if the dessert package for Fantasmic is worth it. Brian doesn't really like camping a spot so far in advance, and I think he gets stressed out of I'm stressing all day and hoping we get a good spot to watch it.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #21
stacy~**
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post

We did the regular Universal park experience, which includes the tram tour. You can pay extra and do a special Universal tour, which includes more behind the scenes access, and I believe you get special VIP seating at all the shows and front of the line access to the rides.

We did the Paramount Studios tour, which might not help you but we thought was awesome. We got to go onto the set of Big Time Rush, though I've heard that most get to see the Dr. Phil set but it was closed when we went.

We are going to do the WB Tour this time, so if your trip is sometime in the future I'll make sure to give you the rundown on the WB Tour.

I'm also confused about my tour booking date. I want to book the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour for Sunday March 3. You can only book 30 days in advance. I had called a few days ago not realizing this, and the guy on the phone at Disney told me if I wanted the tour for March 3 I could call February 3...isn't that 1 day too many? Shouldn't I be able to call March 2? I am confused.

Also wondering if the dessert package for Fantasmic is worth it. Brian doesn't really like camping a spot so far in advance, and I think he gets stressed out of I'm stressing all day and hoping we get a good spot to watch it.

Paramont was what you did! Now I remember. Ironically we aren't big tv or movie watchers so seeing "real" sets probably won't be as impressive to us as it might be to others. I think we just are more interested in the "behind the scenes stuff". Hmmm..

Did you get your tour date? Let us know if you decide to do the Fantasmic Dessert package. I am thinking about it as well.

Just wanted to you to know I kinda referrenced your Magic Castle club trip in my PTR. I was gonna put a link to it but wasn't sure if you would want me to do so. I can will add it if you don't care.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:01 AM   #22
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy~** View Post
Paramont was what you did! Now I remember. Ironically we aren't big tv or movie watchers so seeing "real" sets probably won't be as impressive to us as it might be to others. I think we just are more interested in the "behind the scenes stuff". Hmmm..

Did you get your tour date? Let us know if you decide to do the Fantasmic Dessert package. I am thinking about it as well.

Just wanted to you to know I kinda referrenced your Magic Castle club trip in my PTR. I was gonna put a link to it but wasn't sure if you would want me to do so. I can will add it if you don't care.
If you just want to see some behind the scenes stuff you probably can't go wrong with any of the tours. If you are planning on going to Universal you might just wanna do theres, kill 2 birds with one stone and have time to do another activity later, instead of doing Universal and then a different studio tour.

Oh, the one thing about WB's tour that I've heard is that you get to see some Harry Potter stuff. So if you are a big HP fan (I am), you might wanna do the WB one.

I did get my Walt's Footsteps tour!!

I called right as the clock turned 11 (I am on east coast time) and I got the tour and the Fantasmic dessert package.

I was really on the fence about the dessert package, it is so expensive to me but I really want to be sure to see Fantasmic this trip since it may be our last time to DL in a long time. I am also only 5'3 on my best days, so I am used to having my view blocked. I really didn't wanna spend an hour and a half saving a seat for it. And I am a worrier, so I might have spent all day with Fantasmic worries in the back of my mind.

So I just went ahead and pulled the trigger. The only bad thing is it is non-refundable (unless Fantasmic is cancelled that day). Oh well, now I don't need to worry about getting a good seat.

Also, of course you can link to the Magic Castle And anything else that you'd like to.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #23
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

17 days!! Its really getting down there, but it doesn't really feel like it.

I had a pretty busy week with work and lawyer related things, and today we are packing up the pets and going to my parents' house for a few day visit.

I feel like I should be feverishly planning, but there really isn't that much left to do right now.

-I have all my hotel reservations set, except for that first Sunday night because we aren't sure if we're going to see Sequoia or not
-I have all my days planned out
-I have the plane tickets
-I have the rental car, $180 for Alamo economy for 9 days (though I do keep checking rates for a better one)

I guess what is left...

-I have to order our park tickets. I'm going to get them from the Dapper Day discount website and I have until Feb. 23 or so to order, and we're not quite sure how many days we are getting. I probably just won't tell Brian and I'll get 5 days, since that is only like $18 more than the 4 day. This way we can go in the afternoon of my birthday for a few hours.
-We need to figure out how we are getting to the airport. I'm tired of asking friends for rides, so I think we may just do the parking lots at the airport. I think the cheapest one is $3 a day.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:31 AM   #24
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Exciting Updates!!!

First off, I got flowers at work today from Brian for V Day

Second, our trip has been throw upside down!!

Ok kind of. We crossed Sequoia off our list because it is going to be pretty cold up there during our dates. Instead we are going to....a place that is featured in Soarin' itself....Anza Borrego!

And we are seriously thinking of going on a trail ride...so yes, we will be EXACTLY like the people riding horses on Soarin'.

Third...I have 2 words for you in association with the SD zoo. BABY...(wait for it) PANDA. is out. ok, kind of like 4 words, but emphasis on 2.

I may explode

so the itinerary got all messed up. But that is ok cause I get to write it out here again and be very excite.

Sunday: arrive, go to the Griffith observatory for a planetarium show. Check in at Candy Cane, perhaps go to the parks

Monday: all day PARK DAY, with a Blue Bayou lunch so we can rectify the bad experience of last trip's BB

Tuesday: WB studio tour, Big Bang taping, then perhaps dinner at Yakamiro and a movie at El Capitan or Grauman's

Wednesday: all day PARK DAY!! and check into DLH!! yay! also looking to have dinner at Cafe Orleans

Thursday: We are either sleeping in or doing EMH at DL, when it is check out time we will head out to Anza Borrego (everytime I see that name I get the Soarin' music in my head) and spend the day hiking and camp out under the stars

Friday: up early (is there any other time to wake up when your camping??) and over to the zoo for opening at 9. Then we check into our resort hotel and hang out until dinner downtown and the Prohibition bar in the Gaslamp district

Saturday: MY BIRTHDAY! today we are doing the Olde Town market, stopping at La Jolla to see the seals (I insist on calling it la jolla instead of la hoya to annoy Brian). we might stop at a disney outlet, then back to Anaheim!! We may go into the parks to do some of my favorites, then all night shall be spent at Trader Sam's!!

Sunday: all day PARK DAY!! Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, BTR dinner and F! dessert package

Monday: sleep in a bit and leave

Anyone have any last minute advice or tips about my plans?? Please share.

Our hotels are: Candy Cane Inn, Ramada Maingate and Paradise Point Resort and Spa. Oh yes, and the open air in the desert.

On my restaurant list are: Blue Bayou, BTR, Cafe Orleans, Cozy Cones, Flo's, Trader Sam's, Earl of Sandwich, Jazz Kitchen for dessert, Tortilla Jo's (free birthday gift card), Lucky Fortune Cookie

My LA restaurants: Yakamiro, Patrick's Roadhouse, Slater's 50/50, Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles, Bao Dim Sum House
Old 02-19-2013, 11:18 PM   #25
stacy~**
DIS Veteran

Your trip is almost here! It sounds like you have a great itinerary!! Can't wait to hear about it!

Old 02-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #26
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Whyyy is this day dragging on so long???

Oh yeah, maybe because it is my last day at work before DISNEYLAND.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #27
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post
Whyyy is this day dragging on so long???

Oh yeah, maybe because it is my last day at work before DISNEYLAND.
Good luck and have a fun trip!!

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:03 AM   #28
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

So I am at my parents house, came last night to drop the animals off and will be leaving after my family birthday lunch to head back to Columbus. I work up at 5 am and couldn't go back to sleep. Still awake by the time 530 rolls around, so I'm like oh well, may as well get the laptop set up for southwest's 24 hour check in at 6.

So I have everything set up and am counting down the seconds and its 5:59: 50 and I'm like Rachel, your flight is at 7, not 6. Go back to bed.

Sometimes I just don't know about myself, I really don't.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #29
Jaina
Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long story...

Yay! I hope you had a good flight and that your trip goes well! We are leaving in about 48 hours...

Disneyland fanatic,(that would be me) wonderful DH, DS (6) and DD1 (5) and DD2 (2.5)!
Disney Trips:
5/86-3 years old-the first one!, 5/89, 5/91, 5/93, 6/95, 5/97, 7/98 (WDW! FBLA Nationals-WDW Dolphin), 5/99, 3/00-Senior Trip, 6/01-first time to DCA too, 7/03, 3/05(double family trip when we were engaged), 12/05 (with girlfriends), 3/06 with DH (8 wks pregnant...), 6/09 with DH, 2/13: 1st trip with our kids! (Trip report, including Pre-trip)) Quick one-day DL only trip with my 9 month-old and friends - 9/11/14!!
Jaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #30
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
Good luck and have a fun trip!!

PHXscuba
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaina View Post
Yay! I hope you had a good flight and that your trip goes well! We are leaving in about 48 hours...
Thanks! See ya there!

My twitter is Ashbrookfamvaca if anyone wants to follow.

Please take note, it is almost midnight here, alarm goes off at 445, and I am on the internet....

I
am
too
excited
to
sleep

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: