Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #16
ibrokeitmommy
Mouseketeer

That is quite bold to book BBB instead of PL! I would be really upset. I did the same thing and used a TA before I found disboards. While my TA didn't do anything wrong she's not really helping either. In fact I have had to correct 2 mistakes so far. It's ok but I would book direct next time. I've done all of my own adrs anyways. Hopefully you can get everything resolved.
ibrokeitmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #17
jw50
I might make it sound more embarrasing that it really was
By definition all of the maelstrom women are hotties

Tell your cousin to keep trying for BOG, either calling or checking online, there are always cancellations or hold backs that get released.

And there is no problem with you doing your own ADRs, the travel agent doesn't get a commission on ADRs so she would probably be happy to have you do them yourself.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #18
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Sounds like it's your cousin who should fire her. Wow.

Just tell her you will not need her ADR services. Make sure you have the true reservation number so you can book the ADRs.

If a good deal comes out, just book that through Disney or another TA if you wish, then cancel the old one which is firing her. Disney won't cancel the ADRs made.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #19
sachilles
Mouseketeer

I used a TA and I've booked all my ADR's(my agent was perfectly willing to book them for me). I just did it because I couldn't see the point of the phone/email tag process of asking for what I want, then the TA letting me know what was actually available....and in the process having the available slots change. Didn't seem to be a good use of time for either of us. I just booked online and let my TA know what my reservations were.
sachilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #20
snorkelyn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Sounds like it's your cousin who should fire her. Wow.

Just tell her you will not need her ADR services. Make sure you have the true reservation number so you can book the ADRs.

If a good deal comes out, just book that through Disney or another TA if you wish, then cancel the old one which is firing her. Disney won't cancel the ADRs made.
I agree, I wish my cousin COULD fire her. Unfortunately, she is booked deluxe with a really good pin.

I do have the reservation number so I can book my own ADR's. And it is likely that FD will come out. I just need to decide if I will let her keep the hotel reservation. With everything I have learned on the DIS, she isn't really offering me any value. I have 2 rooms booked, and am requesting they are connecting. I'm hoping she will help me get that. She seems to have some tricks up her sleeve when making special requests.

Thanks for all the responses everybody!

9/2010-Poly 9/2013-CSR 3/2014-POR 5/2014-Boardwalk Villas 7/2014-POR 9/2014-Contemporary-CL 9/2014 Yacht Club

snorkelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #21
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

that's crazy that she booked all those things. I wouldn't so much as even book a breakfast vs. lunch at the same restaurant for my client without their approval - much less book a completely different restaurant! Bizarre.....
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
TJDisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #22
snorkelyn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw50 View Post
Tell your cousin to keep trying for BOG, either calling or checking online, there are always cancellations or hold backs that get released.

And there is no problem with you doing your own ADRs, the travel agent doesn't get a commission on ADRs so she would probably be happy to have you do them yourself.
I read on another post that there is a glitch in the system with BOG late August reservations (which is when she is going). She plans to call every morning to try and get it.

Good point you make about hold backs and cancellations.

Thanks.

9/2010-Poly 9/2013-CSR 3/2014-POR 5/2014-Boardwalk Villas 7/2014-POR 9/2014-Contemporary-CL 9/2014 Yacht Club

Old 02-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #23
snorkelyn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
that's crazy that she booked all those things. I wouldn't so much as even book a breakfast vs. lunch at the same restaurant for my client without their approval - much less book a completely different restaurant! Bizarre.....
I know, right! My cousin believes she worked off an older email, thus, didn't pick up the right info. Stuff happens, I get that. But if that's the case, she should admit her mistake. She has lost all credibility now by trying to play it off and push her ideas.

So, your an agent? Do you feel that your room requests are given priority over a person booking direct? Just curious.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #24
elaine amj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkelyn View Post
I know, right! My cousin believes she worked off an older email, thus, didn't pick up the right info. Stuff happens, I get that. But if that's the case, she should admit her mistake. She has lost all credibility now by trying to play it off and push her ideas.

So, your an agent? Do you feel that your room requests are given priority over a person booking direct? Just curious.
UGH - that sucks. My TA has made mistakes, but overall it went well. The one biggie is she didn't get around to removing an extra night I had tacked on and I didn't catch on to it until several weeks before the trip. She ate the $50 change fee because it was her mistake. I was overall content with how she handled things.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #25
Lorien728
Mouseketeer

I w keep the ressies but do your own ADR's....sounds like a mess

Lorien728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #26
Ccann
Mouseketeer

My TA has done a great job but she has also given me all the info incase I wanted to change or add anything on my own. It's very easy to book things on your own. I did a few things for my last Nov trip. I go through a TA because they have cheaper travel insurance and it doesn't cost me a dime to use them. She has 2 other ladies working with her and they watch for additional discounts or reduced prices and changes things for me. Gives me a piece of mind.

But I also double check her work, if I was in the OP position I would still keep the TA but relied on myself for the ADRs. After the trip I would let her know that I will not be referring any one else to her and I would be looking for a new TA. We're all human and make mistakes but not owning up to them or trying to make it right. I don't agree with that.

Now if money wasn't an issue for me, I would dump her eat her fees and start all over again. I know canceling with my TA I would pay $300 for my family of 4. Might be worth it.... I don't know, if she hasn't done anything to mess up your trip don't know if it would be.
Ccann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #27
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccann View Post
Now if money wasn't an issue for me, I would dump her eat her fees and start all over again. I know canceling with my TA I would pay $300 for my family of 4. Might be worth it.... I don't know, if she hasn't done anything to mess up your trip don't know if it would be.
I would not have thought that was allowed, to have a separate cancellation fee specifically to the TA, with a Disney certified TA.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #28
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkelyn View Post
Do you feel that your room requests are given priority over a person booking direct? Just curious.
I can answer that with a definite no, they are not given a higher priority.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #29
MouseyMin
DIS Veteran

Why don't you call Disney yourself, explain the situation, and see if they would make you a reservation using your PIN? If this works out, then you could just cancel the one with the TA. I have no idea if this would work, but it might be worth a try. Ask to be transferred to someone higher up.
MouseyMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #30
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Sorry you're having all this trouble. What a mess I would speak to the agency owner and request a different TA. If I use a TA, I always make my own ADRs anyway, because I may change them too I just made mine for August.
There are plenty of really great WDW TAs out there, so hope this experience doesn't sour you on them.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: