Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
tophatgirl
Mouseketeer

Epcot - Kidcot ?

Hello! When we did Disney last, dd only did one kidcot station as I didn't really know anything about it.

My ?'s are: Do you have to start at one end or doesn't it matter? Do you sit w/your kids while they color/craft? Do you just stand there and watch outside the roped area?

Thanks for the help, I did do a search on this board but didn't find much in particular to my questions.
Family trip 2011 - POP
Family trip 2013 - All Stars Movies
tophatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophatgirl
Hello! When we did Disney last, dd only did one kidcot station as I didn't really know anything about it.

My ?'s are: Do you have to start at one end or doesn't it matter? Do you sit w/your kids while they color/craft? Do you just stand there and watch outside the roped area?

Thanks for the help, I did do a search on this board but didn't find much in particular to my questions.
You can do them in any order. If there's some room, you can sit with them, otherwise I'd just loiter nearby so other kids can feel welcome to pull up a seat. There are no ropes to separate the area for the most part.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #3
huhwhat
Mouseketeer

they are actually pretty lame and FYI the markers they use are sharpies....not very kid friendly !
PoP 2010,2011,2011
WDL 2008
huhwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
electricsoup
Roller Derby Disney Princess

You can do any order! And as all of Disney seems to be a matter of opinion - my kids thought coloring with sharpies was awesome, and the 4 year old didn't even make a big mess. The 2 year old needed some heavy supervision :P

The CMs that are there sometimes draw something cute on the back of your doohicky in addition to the country stamp they give you. At China my son got his name written in Chinese and thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Past Visits: 11/13 (offsite)/12/13 (RPC GF!!), 1/13 (GF), 10/12 (BLT & CR 1 night!) 2/12 (GF), 6/11 (GF), 4/10 (GF), '06 (Pop), 10/04 (CBR), 10/03 (CBR), 3/96, 89, 85 (Off property)
electricsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #5
zaz
Mouseketeer

Also looking for information on kidcot. For the 'stamps', do you need to purchase a passport? Or do they give them away somewhere?

And is there a list of where the kidcot station are ?

Thank you.
zaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #6
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaz View Post
Also looking for information on kidcot. For the 'stamps', do you need to purchase a passport? Or do they give them away somewhere?

And is there a list of where the kidcot station are ?

Thank you.
June of 2011 the Kidcot project was a mask on a stick. The projects have varied a little over the years.

The stamps were just being put on the stick that hold the mask. So no, you do not have to buy a passport.

To the poster that called the stations lame, they are what you make it. My kids were 4 and 9 (both girls) last time. they both enjoyed decoration the masks, and sharpies are fine. Have your kids take time and talk to the people from the country manning the stations. Again, it is what you make it.

They are located in various places in each country of epcot. usually off to the side and there will be a sign directing you to kid cot.
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2
Marriot Grande Vista
DSLRuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #7
amym2
DIS Veteran

When our kids were younger, sometimes we'd ask the CM to write our kids' names in the country's language in their autograph books on the extra pages. Very cool!
amym2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #8
tinkermama117
Mouseketeer

We made it all around the world the last time we were there. They are now Duffy bears. DD was 5 then and loved getting the stamps at each country sometimes we stayed to color depending on how crowded it was. As pp have said some will do something special on the bear such as write their name. DD got her name written in Arabic and Chinese. Definitely a must do activity for us.
1998- First Visit: off property,1999: off property, 2000: off property, 2001: off property, 2002: Land and Sea, All Star Music and Disney Wonder, 2003: Caribbean Beach Resort, 2006: Port Orleans Riverside, 2007: Off property but...then became DVC Members!!! 2008: Saratoga Springs, 2009: Saratoga Springs, 2010 (spring) Boardwalk Villas, 2010 (New Years) Saratoga Springs July 29- Aug 1 2012: BLT, Aug1-Aug 5 Disney Dream, Aug 5- Aug 11: BCV, Summer 2013:AKL and Vero Beach Split, Marathon Weekend-OKW, Summer 2014-SSR/Vero Split, Wine and Dine Weekend, Disney Magic Feb 15
tinkermama117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #9
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Actually, the current options are either Duffy-on-a-stick or Agent P-on-a-stick. Agent P started showing up last year, and I saw both this past weekend.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #10
poohfriend77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Actually, the current options are either Duffy-on-a-stick or Agent P-on-a-stick. Agent P started showing up last year, and I saw both this past weekend.
Ooh, we have done the mask and Duffy, but my DDs would go crazy for Agent P-on-a-stick. Yet another reason we need to go back soon!

DH and I usually take turns, with one of us keeping an eye on the girls (but apart from the "action," so other kids have room to join in) while the other wanders around the gift shop a bit.

OP-- I'd also suggest you make sure your kids understand that you'll have LOTS of opportunities to color as they make their way around the park. On our first trip, my oldest DD wanted to sit and color the whole thing at the first station. It's tough to let them sit and color when I'm dying to go-go-go and see everything! Now they know we just spend a few minutes at each spot or just get the stamps if the station is really crowded.
poohfriend77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #11
cleophus12
DIS Veteran

special occaisions

To add to what amym2 said, if your child is celebrating a birthday, you can ask the cm to write Happy Birthday in their native language also. And during the holidays, you can ask them to write Merry Christmas or Happy New Year. My daughter always enjoyed getting them to do this in her autograph book. One year she even had a special book just for Epcot when we didn't do the passport and she took it to school to show her teachers when she came back to school. Yes, we had taken her out of school. And I realize I spelled Occasion wrong, but I can't figure out how to change it.
cleophus12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: