Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #16
Hillbeans
If you're bored, please read a book or watch TV...TFs are scared of eyebrowless people
Pulled an "Agony of Defeat" at the mall
"I told them that I liked Michael Bolton!"

Maybe I'm the lone dissenter but I think you should call her out, tell her a text at 11pm on your birthday is crap. I don't think you need to make a scene but you probably never say anything and she assumes her bad behavior is acceptable to you.
1977 - 1st Trip, 1982, 2nd Trip & EPCOT, 2003 - AKL, 2004 2 trips - Marriott World and POFQ, July 2005 - Grand Gathering - Emerald Isle - Coronado, Beach Club Villas, Dolphin - Mar/Apr 2007 - Mom's meet June '08, Grand Gathering # 2 - July '08 - Bought DVC July '08- First DVC trip to BWV June '09 - AKV Jambo Poly 2010, BCV June 2011, Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise 11/2012, Disney Magic 11/2/14
Hillbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #17
emer95
DIS Veteran

You know who she reminds me of, just based on how you described her? The friend in the book "Something Borrowed" by Emily Giffin. Read the book and see if you relate to the main character. I think there's a movie version too.
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #18
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Happy birthday!!!

As far as the friend goes, she may have been a good friend to you at one time, but she's not a good friend to you now. Sometimes it's just best to walk away from someone who is not there for you like you want them to be, especially when you have always been there for them.

You can't force her to be your close friend, even if she is to stupid to see what a good friend you are. It sounds like you value your friendship and she values herself. I would just let this go, and enjoy your birthday with people who love you and want to celebrate it with you.

PS. By letting her get to you on your birthday you are only putting her in the spot light again. It's YOUR day! Focus on YOU and not on her.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #19
Nennie
Insert funny comment here!

Sounds like my best friend from highschool! Only difference is back then (over 20 years ago) we were 2 of a kind. We both loved being the center of attention at parties, etc. I chalk it up to being young and immature!!

I feel like I grew up, no longer wanted to be the center of attention, but as I pulled away from the spotlight, she started seeking it even more. Facebook does not help this matter, as she now just has a bigger audience for her drama.

I know that has a good heart, but the attention seeking just got to be too embarassing to be around. We slowly drifted apart, and I haven't seen her in person in about 5 years. Even though I haven't seen her in such a long time, I confess that I still cringe at some of her FB statuses. Lets just say that they are so over the top that other people on FB will message each other about them.

Sounds like maybe it's time to start drifting away from your friend as well??? It was hard in the beginning for me to let my friend go, but it's definitely worked out for the best!

Trips since we joined DVC (and upcoming trips too!)
10/05 - Beach Club Villas;1/06 - Beach Club Villas; 9/06 - Beach Club Villas
1/07 - Beach Club Villas; 5/07 - Beach Club Villas;9/07 - Beach Club Villas
5/08 - Boardwalk Villas; 5/09 - Boardwalk Villas (Baby's first trip!);5/09 - Boardwalk Villas (Baby's second trip! LOL!)
9/09 - Bay Lake Tower;9/10 - POP (3 nights FD) followed by Beach Club Villas
1/11 - Beach Club Villas; 5/11 Boardwalk; 9/11 - Beach Club Villas; 9/12 Bay Lake Tower
12/12 Saratoga; 1/13 Beach Club; 7/13 Offsite; 9/13 Beach Club
Nennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #20
capshockeygrl
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry you're feeling hurt - I know all too well how it feels to be in your situation.

On a much happier note, though...

Happy Birthday!!!!

capshockeygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #21
TheAviator
I don't always live dangerously, but when I do, I prefer to do it at Taco Bell

I love spoiled high maintenance me me me girls Is she from a rich family? Only child? Parents always called her a princess and waited on her hand and foot?
TheAviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:36 AM   #22
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

I agree with this. Dont expect A THING from her in the future. I honestly would not go out of my way for a person like this. That includes not attending her birthday parties etc. She doesnt sound like a true friend IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
You can be "friends" with this person casually but I would be more realistic and not expect anything from her. IF she actually does something one day then you can be surprised and happy. Until then expect nothing.

Would I go all out for her birthday? Hell no. I would do what she does to me and see if the friendship is real or not.

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #23
Wishing on a star
DIS Veteran
Another proud Southerner!

Here is a tip.

She is a hopelessly, complete, and total Narcissist.

Nobody else will ever warrant a Happy Birthday, Good Morning, How are you, or anything else.... EVER.

This is like a neurological thing, and it is like being blind past the end of your own nose.
And, you know what... it isn't improved or cured... No more than somebody who is completely blind will wake up in the morning with 20/20 vision.
It is like awareness truly does end at the tip of their own nose.
That is where reality begins and ends. Period.

You can not, and MUST not, ever, expect anything from somebody like this.
If you do, be aware that you WILL be disappointed, every single time.
Confronting them, hoping that 'they will see'... an effort in utter futility.

If you can accept and live with that with this person... then great!
If not, very simply, spend your time and energy with better friends who who are capable of caring for other human beings.
Wishing on a star is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: