Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Magic Kingdom morning plan

We just returned from WDW. I tried to research a good touring plan for rope drop before I left, but never came up with a concensus.

Here is what I found...
You have to be one of the first at the turnstiles/rope to get to Enchanted Tales with Belle. We were there 15 minutes before opening one morning and at the back of the crowd. We did not stand a chance at getting to see Belle. There was an 80 minute wait already! The next morning we were at the front of the crowd and we were the first to see Belle. The experience was worthwhile by the way!

Since we didn't want to wait for Belle the first day, we decided to check out Dumbo (old habit I guess.) There was absolutely no need to get to Dumbo early. In fact, the kids will want to play in the new play area so you may as well get there when there is a bit of a wait.
Next we went to Goofy's Barnstormer and the kids rode it a few times with no wait. It's probably a good idea to get here early...but no need for first thing.

My guess is to go to Belle, followed by Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh first. Then Barnstormer, Dumbo, tea cups, etc. Send a runner for a fastpass for Little Mermaid.

This is not exactly what we did because we messed up the Belle thing the first day an ended up doing the rest of Fantasyland that day. The next day when we did get into Belle, we headed to Tomorrowland after that and easily did everything there with little or no wait. We did get FP for Space Mountain. We were done in a couple of hours and ready for an early lunch and then attractions in the other lands.

Feel free to add input people! I would really like to get the "perfect" plan down before our next trip in September and help others out who have no idea where to start either.

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #2
katt789
DIS Veteran

My usual plan of attack for MK is as follows:
-Be at MK no later than 30 mins prior to opening
-Straight through to FLE, do Enchanted Tales
-Grab Peter Pan FP
-To Tomorrowland, ride Space
-Buzz
-Back to Fantasyland and ride the main stream rides, and then use PPF FP
-Head to Frontierland

I used to start with Frontier/Adventureland all the time, but with Enchanted Tales it seems like that's the big thing to do first now!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
My usual plan of attack for MK is as follows:
-Be at MK no later than 30 mins prior to opening
-Straight through to FLE, do Enchanted Tales
-Grab Peter Pan FP
-To Tomorrowland, ride Space
-Buzz
-Back to Fantasyland and ride the main stream rides, and then use PPF FP
-Head to Frontierland

I used to start with Frontier/Adventureland all the time, but with Enchanted Tales it seems like that's the big thing to do first now!
Wow! We have a hard enough time just getting either FL or TL done in one morning...but then we have a lot of little ones who don't want to miss a thing in either of these lands. We do one or the other and then Frontier and Adventureland with FPs later. We always spend at least 2 days in MK.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:09 AM   #4
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Is this topic overdiscussed? (But I haven't been able to find a good thread on it yet.)
Or is everyone else just lost too? Or perhaps people think they have discovered the best plan and want to keep it secret?

I can't figure out why this isn't discussed more (unless I'm just missing it.)
Please point me to a good thread about this if there is one.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:42 AM   #5
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr&momto2boys
Is this topic overdiscussed? (But I haven't been able to find a good thread on it yet.)
Or is everyone else just lost too? Or perhaps people think they have discovered the best plan and want to keep it secret?

I can't figure out why this isn't discussed more (unless I'm just missing it.)
Please point me to a good thread about this if there is one.
Touring plans in general are discussed all the time. There is no perfect, one-size-fits-all plan since everyone's priorities are different.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #6
TallandGoofy
Mouseketeer

Thanks for reporting back!

We are going in June and I am trying to figure out the best way to tackle ETwB. I think I am resigned to doing it first thing on our second day. We are going to do two MK days and my plans are:

Day One
Frontierland, Adventureland, Liberty Square + whatever Character meet n greets we feel like. Also Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom and the new Pirate Treasure Hunt thingy that should be going by then.

Day Two
EMH Morning
ETwB
Grab FP for Peter Pan
Ride Under the Sea
Grab FP for Pooh
Ariel's Grotto
Ride PP with FP
Ride Dumbo
Ride Barnstormer
Grab Space Mountain FP
Ride Pooh with FP
Pete's Sideshow characters
Ride Space Mountain with FP
Ride Buzz
Then, outta there for long lunch and break
Come back around 4 pm and hit the low wait things - e.g. Carousel of Progress, Monsters Inc, Philharmagic, Small World.... Parade and Fireworks...

It's PERFECT!!!

Well...I'll find out in a few months, any way...
TallandGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #7
starjazz
Mouseketeer

I agree with Mesa - everyone has different needs. I mean, we did Fantasyland and that was it on Day 1 - included CRT. Then Tomorrowland and Frontierland/Adventureland Day 2. Then hit faves on Day 3.

The trouble is, when we went, we thought we had this perfect plan, and were all set to follow it....and then we hit the closures (queue noise of car screeching to a halt). That really shows how good your group is adaptation.

Day 1 - Pooh and Mermaid down most of the day.
Day 2 - Pirates and Mermaid down all morning
Day 3 - Pooh, Barnstormer and Space down for various chunks of the day.

So, just be ready to adapt and modify!
starjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #8
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the input everyone. I appreciate the discussion. I agree that no one plan will work for everyone. But it usually comes down to one or two must do first attractions (used to be Dumbo then PP for FL at the MK in WDW.) Whereas it is PP, then Dumbo at MK at DL. Everyone knows TSMM has to be first at DHS, then RNR and ToT. Something like that.
Looks like ETwB must be first at FL (for those interested), but what then? Or what if you're not there in the first 15 minutes and the wait is already ridiculous, what's Plan B?
I know this will change further when the Seven Dwarfs coaster opens next year too. But how about for now?
More thoughts?
Old 02-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #9
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr&momto2boys
Thanks for the input everyone. I appreciate the discussion. I agree that no one plan will work for everyone. But it usually comes down to one or two must do first attractions (used to be Dumbo then PP for FL at the MK in WDW.) Whereas it is PP, then Dumbo at MK at DL. Everyone knows TSMM has to be first at DHS, then RNR and ToT. Something like that.
Looks like ETwB must be first at FL (for those interested), but what then? Or what if you're not there in the first 15 minutes and the wait is already ridiculous, what's Plan B?
I know this will change further when the Seven Dwarfs coaster opens next year too. But how about for now?
More thoughts?
The other parks are easier to do this for because there aren't as many options. MK has probably twice the attractions even Epcot offers, and the other two parks I could almost count on one hand each.

Safe to assume the attractions that offer FP are generally the ones in higher demand. Among those, the most popular attractions are the three Mountains, Pan, and these days Little Mermaid. These attractions are where I would start.

(ETWB doesn't offer FP and won't until FP+ is online. For now, that is also a high priority.)

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #10
ashg8r
Mouseketeer

I agree, there is a lot of room for variation - next week will be in MK for 1 day, morning plans are: FP PP, meet Ariel, ride LM, ride Pooh (if you aren't Getting FP for it later, the standby gets LONG) and my DD likes to play for a bit in the queue, ride PP, then head over to meet Tink, and hit Adventure and Frontier. Planning to try ETwB after Wishes. Characters can definitely throw a wrench in your plans, so I always work them into my plans.
We love WDW for Christmas! ** December 2012
Memorial Day Mayhem ** May 2013
A French Quarter Christmas ** December 2013
Good-bye Florida and Disney World trip ** April 2014
ashg8r is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: