|02-22-2013, 01:19 PM||#10|
Aarrgg mi mousies!!!
Join Date: Oct 2007
More tips from tips board:
Here's my .02
1) Unless you purchase the digital photo disk, Shutters determines the size of your photos. I thought that you could go to the kiosk and just print out the photos you wanted in the size that you wanted. Wrong. If they determine that a photo is an 8X10, then it is, no variance. I was disappointed by this because I didn't want to purchase the disk, but there were photos that I liked but I don't have a lot of 8x10's hanging around my house, usually 5x7 or 6x8. Which brings me to another point -- they print out photos in 6x8 size and that is very difficult to find a frame for, just sayin.
2) I had no clue of how "land sick" I would feel after we got off the cruise ship. I planned a couple of days at wdw afterwards and was just miserable. Next time, we will plan the park time BEFORE the cruise and then just have a few completely down days afterwards to recover.
3) On the same note, I thought the cruise was going to be this wonderfully relaxing experience and that we would be so rested and relaxed and ready to face the world when we walked off that ship. HA!! We were sooooo exhausted!
4) If, on your very first cruise, you book an aft balcony room, you will be forever spoiled and never want to stay in any other type of room. That might be difficult if you want to be budget conscious on future cruises.
5) I also echo, don't be disappointed if your kids don't like the clubs. I was. My 9 yr. old just thought it was too babyish. But, I do agree with the strategically planning the drop-off time. We did not do this and I do think it ruined it for him for the rest of the cruise, esp. them making him sit down at a table and stare at some food before being allowed to walk away and say he wasn't hungry. We had just eaten lunch on the pool deck and he really wasn't, but they wouldn't take that for an answer. I also did not anticipate how jealous my 9 yr. old would be of the 12 yr. old being in the Edge. I think the Oceaneer's Lab was the biggest disappointment of the whole cruise for us.
6) Mix vanilla ice cream with coke for a delicious treat.
7) Everyone says to ask for Mickey Bars via room service. I don't know if there is a better time than others to do this. We did it after dinner one night and ours came melted and fell off the stick before we were finished.
8)Alternatively, warm cookies and milk before bed is a terrific treat!
9) There is a room service breakfast menu card in the drawer that you can fill out the night before with what you want and what time you want it delivered to your room. Just hang it on your door knob before you go to bed. We found they were very punctual.
10) If you are travelling with a group or have kids old enough to leave the room without you, bring a magnetic whiteboard to place on the outside of your door to leave messages as to where and what time you will be places. Also bring this board to CC with you to leave on your lounge chairs because....
11) The wave phones are stupid and unreliable. They only vibrate. You cannot set them to ring. Since you are wearing your swimsuit 95% of the time you have no place to put this expensive phone that your are afraid to loose. Texting on them is also complicated. I hated these phones.
12) We didn't realize how much we would like wearing a lanyard. It made it so much easier than carrying around a bag, esp because of wearing your bathingsuits. Buy one before hand and save yourself some $$.
13) Skip a show -- or two. We were underwhelmed by them. Now that our 1st cruise is over, I doubt we will ever do them again. What we did enjoy was watching movies on the big screen by the pool at night when everyone else was at a show or in bed. Good times.
14) The movie theatre seats on the Dream rock and recline, an the theatre is COLD! Bring a sweater. I had to leave the movie to go thaw out.
Lastly, don't stress yourself out by over planning and overwhelming yourself with details. I did and I almost missed out on the fun of the whole experience.
The FB group is starting to get going. Join to see who you are Really talking to! LOL
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|