Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #16
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

For me, no variation on the fast pass theme will ever equal EMH. I have always enjoyed EMH in particular because the general congestion at the park is decreased dramatically. I hope they don't truly consider ditching it. I think the cost-benefit is in favor of keeping the program.
Spacedog1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #17
Robbi
DIS Veteran

It's my opinion that Disney does want to introduce some sort of pay system for FPs at some point but I think it will be for extra FPs.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #18
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
It's my opinion that Disney does want to introduce some sort of pay system for FPs at some point but I think it will be for extra FPs.
With every new ride opening, there would be more FP+ to sell. Magic kingdom has enough to give everyone three and some in reserve. Once mine train comes on line, more surplus. If they can get thousands of people a day burning FP+ on restaurants like be our guest lunch - that will loosen up even more.

The other parks need more attractions. Do you think they would sell only at MK to start?
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #19
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
With every new ride opening, there would be more FP+ to sell. Magic kingdom has enough to give everyone three and some in reserve. Once mine train comes on line, more surplus. If they can get thousands of people a day burning FP+ on restaurants like be our guest lunch - that will loosen up even more.

The other parks need more attractions. Do you think they would sell only at MK to start?
It would make sense to start at the MK because it's the park with the most rides.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #20
Alice Royal
Eighteen, female, Florida resident, Disney addict. ^^

Is it not true that the system retains unlimited FPs within the parks? From what I've heard, you can reserve four FP+ times in advance, but there will still be FP kiosks that dispense electronic FP spots onto the wristbands. It's the same system, just paperless and with the addition of 'reserved in advance' FPs.

If this is the case, I can't see Disney monetizing additional pre-visit FPs. I know that many families do not plan park schedules ride-by-ride and tend to go with the flow of wait times and FP return windows.

THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)
AP Holders and Proud Florida Residents since 2013!

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Alice Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #21
rrushford
Earning My Ears

My concern with canceling EMH is the wait for buses at the end of the night if everyone leaves at once. On the plus side, the EMH park of the day is usually more crowded and this might spread things out. I do hope they extend park closing somewhat as I prefer nighttime there
rrushford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #22
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Royal View Post
Is it not true that the system retains unlimited FPs within the parks? From what I've heard, you can reserve four FP+ times in advance, but there will still be FP kiosks that dispense electronic FP spots onto the wristbands. It's the same system, just paperless and with the addition of 'reserved in advance' FPs.

If this is the case, I can't see Disney monetizing additional pre-visit FPs. I know that many families do not plan park schedules ride-by-ride and tend to go with the flow of wait times and FP return windows.
There is a lot of speculation about all of this. Based on quotes from the V.P. Nick Franklin and the Terms and Conditions and the number of FP available in a park, it looks like 3 FP in advance will be the magic number, and I doubt there will be anymore available for the day of. Epcot and Animal Kingdom don't even have enough capacity for 3 per person now, so 4 or more doesn't make sense.

Magic Kingdom has a big surplus in FP based on 3 FP+ per person, which allows them to use it as an incentive some how. I don't see Disney, taking that extra surplus at MK, that now has a lot of value and then just giving them away to the first people who can make it to the park and get on their phones to grab FP. That seems like a waste of "economic power".

Just my thoughts. I have heard that 4 FP+ could be the number on the initial rollouts If only a few resorts go online at a time - Disney can build some good will with that information, but once all resorts, all AP holders, and all off-site guests are online with the system - it can't support 4 FP per person and more at the park. Unless of course they build quite a few more rides.

The other problem with the FP+ numbers is that the FP+ slots are counting on people accepting FP+ for Its A Small World, Jungle Cruise, Primeval Whirl, Nemo and Figment and The Great Movie Ride - when typically those rides don't really need FP. If people get to book 4 advance, there are going to be a lot of people "stuck" with those rides and Stitch and Pirates of the Caribbean and Spaceship Earth and Indiana Jones Stunt Show and getting special seating at the Festival of the Lion King (which I can't imagine would be necessary).
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #23
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

I would pay for EMH again. I'm not so sure about being nickel and dimed for extra fastpasses though.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #24
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OklahomaTourist View Post
They'll easily skirt any "promises" no to charge for FP+ per se by giving out a token number to every guest for nothing, but providing additional or premium FP+'s only as part of a "bonus" or "deluxe" resort reservation or something similar. .
Bingo.

Perhaps.

Who Knows.

No one really.
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Last edited by CuteAsMinnie; 02-23-2013 at 08:21 PM.
CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #25
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OklahomaTourist View Post
They'll easily skirt any "promises" no to charge for FP+ per se by giving out a token number to every guest for nothing, but providing additional or premium FP+'s only as part of a "bonus" or "deluxe" resort reservation or something similar. Don't think for a second Disney isn't rolling all this out not to monetize it. I fully suspect bathroom FP+'s are next. "Premium" bathroom FP+'s will include toilet paper. "Extra Premium" FP+ will allow two flushes. Washing your hands will take an extra admission off your ticket

(sarcasm off).

And the Android MDE app absolutely sucks. But I also realize its barely a 1.0 version, so I'm hoping it gets better (because there's nowhere to go but up). Finding my reservation and my ADR's could NOT have been less intuitive. Should have been *the* first thing on the home page of the app.
I posted in another thread that a CM friend of mine told me today about FP+ for BOG. It will be tried at WL, GF, and CR first.

She also told me they will give out fast pass+ for resort guests BUT the value guests will a certain number, the mod guests will get more than the value guests, and the deluxe guests will get more than the mod guests. It is monetizing the FP+ because those who spend more will get more.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:34 AM   #26
Ladcassidy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
DH was clamoring for this option on our trip a couple of weeks ago. He was primed to pay whatever it might cost to avoid standing in one more line. . .
Ladcassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:29 AM   #27
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladcassidy View Post
DH was clamoring for this option on our trip a couple of weeks ago. He was primed to pay whatever it might cost to avoid standing in one more line. . .
There is a VIP tour that avoids the lines. It costs between $275-$315/ hour with a 6 hour minimum. You can tour 1 park or ride and see all your favorites in all 4 parks.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #28
fairy8i8
Spread the Magic!

Quote:
There is a VIP tour that avoids the lines. It costs between $275-$315/ hour with a 6 hour minimum. You can tour 1 park or ride and see all your favorites in all 4 parks.
True! Disney already has an unlimited Fastpass system in place for people willing to pay (and it costs A LOT). I think the value of this service will increase as more rides will now be Fastpass rides.

One of the press releases concerning Fastpass is that it is geared to be more future friendly-- meaning that they are trying to make the parks accessible to generation Y that will soon be having kids and bringing them to the parks. The hope is that they can turn many of the one time visitors into repeat visitors. While I love Disney, most people I know consider Disney a once in a lifetime childhood trip, so getting them back would be a huge new revenue stream.
fairy8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: