Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 07:58 PM   #856
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

For those who have stayed at boardwalk inn club level- did you feel it was a better choice vs staying at a guaranteed boardwalk view room?

Trying to decide which is best for our 5 night stay in April for my wife and I. Deluxe CL are not available for our dates.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #857
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by osugal View Post
We are planning a trip in 2014. We stayed at BCR CL a couple years ago and absolutely loved it. We loved the resort, the CL experience, and the location. When we go back we are thinking of trying a different deluxe resort but definitely want to stay CL again. Our top pick would be the Poly but we always seem to get priced out of it - even with a pin. After that I think we're debating between the WL, AKL or staying at the BCR again. Both of the other two resorts look beautiful with great lounges, etc. Do those who stay at AKL feel that the location is a hinderance? Thanks!
AKL CL is wonderful! The IPO office CMs are great, and the lounge and the snacks are lovely (much nicer than the ones at the BC IMO). It is "way out there" but we like feeling like we leave the crowds behind and go on safari...

Never had a car there -- the buses are good, not great.

BC is definitely a more convenient location, and a nice resort (enjoyed that one, too). The lounge there is more of a room -- the one at AKL is overlooking the lobby (with all the music, ambiance, and theming) so you don't feel like you are just in a room like the one at the BC.

Poly CL is nice, but really, really pricey IMO. And WL looks nice, but I haven't stayed there so I can't comment on it.

We usually do a split between AKL and another resort (either YC/BC or one on the monorail). But ever since we tried AKL CL, we have not been able to book a trip to WDW without staying there for at least 3-4 days -- my whole family just loves it there.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #858
penel3
Disney World Addict since 1994

Does anyone know where Romita is? Is she still at BWI? She is our favorite, favorite Concierge CM ever!!!!

too many WDW trips to mention, 2007 Wonder Concierge, January 2013 Wonder Concierge, March 2014 Walter E. Disney Suite (finally!!!!)
1994 1st time (DH has created a monster)1995 FWL1996 1996 1997 1998 All Star Sports 2001 CBR 2002 OKW 2003 OKW 2003 FWL 2004 Disney Cruise 2004 OKW 2004 OKW 2005 AKL Concierge/Boardwalk Villa (bit by the Concierge bug) 2005 Ft. Wilderness Concierge 2006 OKW 2007 Disney Cruise/AKL Concierge, Feb 09 B-day surprise POP & BWI CL, Sept 2010 Portofino Bay Concierge, Dec 2011 Beach Club Concierge, January 2013 The Disney Wonder, March 2014 The Walter E. Disney Suite on the Disney Wonder
Old 02-20-2013, 01:47 PM   #859
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackacex2 View Post
For those who have stayed at boardwalk inn club level- did you feel it was a better choice vs staying at a guaranteed boardwalk view room?

Trying to decide which is best for our 5 night stay in April for my wife and I. Deluxe CL are not available for our dates.
I would personally take CL over a view. The answer is highly subjective though, as to what is important to you.

A nice room view certainly adds to my WDW experience, but it's not a must for me. To be honest, I often find that the so called 'lesser' view rooms offer pretty nice views. (in the general sense of WDW). My Standard view room at BWI looked partly out on the lake. Granted, we could also glimpse part of the hidden access road that runs behind the area...but I found it rather intersting. Our room was over ESPN, the downside was that it was at far end of the resort. I only stayed there once- but at other resorts- pool view is often onlya little more than standard view. Pool view may be slightly noisy during the day, but I always find it cheerful watching families have fun in the pool.

We really enjoy having access to the lounge, and the extra service is nice too. If youa re a die hard do it yourselfer, then you may not appreciate the extra service much. I'm sort of a do it youreselfer, but I also dislike waiting in all the lines at WDW. On CL,there is no line to check-in, get questions answered, and no line to get breakfast or drinks - even if you want seconds.those assests are worth more to me than a room view.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #860
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackacex2 View Post

I answered your question on the BWI thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by penel3 View Post
Does anyone know where Romita is? Is she still at BWI? She is our favorite, favorite Concierge CM ever!!!!

too many WDW trips to mention, 2007 Wonder Concierge, January 2013 Wonder Concierge, March 2014 Walter E. Disney Suite (finally!!!!)
I don't recall a Romita last year and I haven't heard her name mentioned on the BWI thread, so I couldn't answer your question- sorry.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #861
Kebby
Mouseketeer

Checking in with the CL experts as I want to make sure I get a sure answer to this one!

We currently have a room only booking at the BC for Sept 21, and then switch to a package at the poly for the next week. If I upgrade our room at the BC to CL, can the IPO then make all my reservations at 180+10 for that day, PLUS all the time we are at the poly? Same for things like BBB and the pirate cruise?
Old 02-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #862
Kebby
Mouseketeer

One more question!

Which Safari is available to CL guests? We would be staying at the polynesian/BC
Old 02-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #863
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebby View Post
Checking in with the CL experts as I want to make sure I get a sure answer to this one!

We currently have a room only booking at the BC for Sept 21, and then switch to a package at the poly for the next week. If I upgrade our room at the BC to CL, can the IPO then make all my reservations at 180+10 for that day, PLUS all the time we are at the poly? Same for things like BBB and the pirate cruise?
I'm pretty sure Yes. They can certainly make all your ADR's (and other reservations), and will link them together for you. Just ask nicely. We've done a number of stays that were part CL, or split between two resorts, and I've never had a problem getting all the ADR's we want. Granted, I've never been to the chef's table at V&A.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #864
uagirl
Oh Toodles!

We are planning a late 2014 trip with my mom, step-dad and brother. DH and I really want to head back to WL CL, but my mom is terrified of heights. I can't remember if there is any seating that isn't near a rail. Is there any back down the hallway?

Me-33 DH-33 Princess C-Bear-4 Princess C-Mouse - 4 months
Old 02-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #865
momof4minnies
Mouseketeer

Quote:

They did for us. Nov '11 we tried a split stay. ASMu family suite for first part then WL CL deluxe room for second half. I asked them specifically on the phone if they would handle our ADR's for the first half, or if I should call myself. She didn't give a resounding "Yes". She said to send her all of our requests and they would help where they could. They did secure all of our ADR's. Two thumbs up for, what I would call, a lil extra service from WL IPO. .

So, it doesn't hurt to ask.

1971 WDW opening year
several visits to DL as a wee one
Oct 1998 Poly
Jun 2000 CBR
Aug 2001 CR
Jul 2003 CR
June 2004 GF CL
Jun 2005 CR CL
Jul 2007 GF CL
Nov 2008 WL CL
Jun 2009 DL Hyatt
Nov 2011 WL CL - DD Sweet 16
Jun 2013 BW CL - 2nd DD Sweet 16
NEXT TRIP DEC 2014 WL CL - CHRISTMAS
Old 02-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #866
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze
Nevermind I see it, my eyesight is going
Which Spice Girl can I be?
Jealous of Christmas Tags

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv'r View Post
I would personally take CL over a view. The answer is highly subjective though, as to what is important to you.

A nice room view certainly adds to my WDW experience, but it's not a must for me. To be honest, I often find that the so called 'lesser' view rooms offer pretty nice views. (in the general sense of WDW). My Standard view room at BWI looked partly out on the lake. Granted, we could also glimpse part of the hidden access road that runs behind the area...but I found it rather intersting. Our room was over ESPN, the downside was that it was at far end of the resort. I only stayed there once- but at other resorts- pool view is often onlya little more than standard view. Pool view may be slightly noisy during the day, but I always find it cheerful watching families have fun in the pool.

We really enjoy having access to the lounge, and the extra service is nice too. If youa re a die hard do it yourselfer, then you may not appreciate the extra service much. I'm sort of a do it youreselfer, but I also dislike waiting in all the lines at WDW. On CL,there is no line to check-in, get questions answered, and no line to get breakfast or drinks - even if you want seconds.those assests are worth more to me than a room view.
I agree with you, I'd go with CL anyday. We use the lounge much more then taking in the view from the room
Old 02-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #867
Chaoticsweetness
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uagirl
We are planning a late 2014 trip with my mom, step-dad and brother. DH and I really want to head back to WL CL, but my mom is terrified of heights. I can't remember if there is any seating that isn't near a rail. Is there any back down the hallway?
The seating was along the rail. She can take the food back to her room if the view will another her. Or she can sit with her back to the rail.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #868
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by uagirl View Post
I answered your question and posted a photo this morning on the WL thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoticsweetness View Post
The seating was along the rail. She can take the food back to her room if the view will another her. Or she can sit with her back to the rail.
Actually, there are a few tables that aren't next to a railing. There are some tables along a wall that's on either side of the railing next to the window that looks out on the WL courtyard.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #869
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by uagirl View Post
We ended up with BC - CL for our Dec '13 trip in part because my MIL is terrified of heights. There is NO WAY I would ask her to stay so high up in WL, even though I love that resort. She would be tense going to the club, and couldn't enjoy the balcony either.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:09 PM   #870
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:

They can, although they have told me that they only are supposed to if the 2nd part is CL, too. (It was for us, so it wasn't a problem). You may be able to find an IPO person who will make them all even if the Poly is not a CL stay, but I wouldn't expect it of them.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: