Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #16
WDWNext
Mouseketeer

You guys are the best !!
Thanks a bunch for allaying my fears !!

Thats also going to be our anniversary dinner

The only reason we moved from breakfast to dinner was that there was no availability of the BB Boutique for breakfast times. So now we will do the park in the day, break after lunch and then leave for dinner....
Thats going to be the first of 3 possible days at MK this trip.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #17
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWNext View Post
You guys are the best !!
Thanks a bunch for allaying my fears !!

Thats also going to be our anniversary dinner

The only reason we moved from breakfast to dinner was that there was no availability of the BB Boutique for breakfast times. So now we will do the park in the day, break after lunch and then leave for dinner....
Thats going to be the first of 3 possible days at MK this trip.
Sounds like a great plan!

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 07:48 AM   #18
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
Dinner is also more expensive than breakfast. We're adults and we usually do breakfast reservations because we are really only going to eat in the castle and meet the Princesses. If we can then save a few $$, we're fine with that
Yes, that is the case for many folks. Now that my daughter is too old for BBB, we will be doing CRT for breakfast all the time now as our means of early park entry.

The friends we went with said they would have preferred dinner. Their thinking is that even if it's a few more dollars, at least it's a more substantial meal. Which makes sense since it's taking the place of a more expensive meal somewhere else.

So basically I'd say just do what works best with your touring plan.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #19
bauer1168
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

Yes, that is the case for many folks. Now that my daughter is too old for BBB, we will be doing CRT for breakfast all the time now as our means of early park entry.
I've never eaten at CRT and I was curious would it be possible for a family/group to have breakfast there, finish and be out of CRT with time to spare before the park opened for everyone else? Just wondering if people who are interested in doing ETWB could be finished at CRT breakfast and then walk over to ETWB just before park opening to get in line when it opens?
Just curious if it is possible, it could be a useful touring strategy maybe
bauer1168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:09 AM   #20
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer1168 View Post
I've never eaten at CRT and I was curious would it be possible for a family/group to have breakfast there, finish and be out of CRT with time to spare before the park opened for everyone else? Just wondering if people who are interested in doing ETWB could be finished at CRT breakfast and then walk over to ETWB just before park opening to get in line when it opens?
You can indeed get in, be finished eating and out before Rope Drop. You can't however, walk over to ETWB and be ready to get in line. There are internal ropes and you will be held just off the spoke from the castle. You are a bit ahead of the crowds. How much depends on the CMs that day. Some wait for the main gate guests to reach the internal ropes to drop and others drop them a bit earlier
AngiTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #21
Izzieheartscindy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post

The friends we went with said they would have preferred dinner. Their thinking is that even if it's a few more dollars, at least it's a more substantial meal. Which makes sense since it's taking the place of a more expensive meal somewhere else.

So basically I'd say just do what works best with your touring plan.
And we always want to do lunch or dinner because it's 2 TS credits either way so better to get the more expensive meal for the same number of credits

Izzieheartscindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:25 AM   #22
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzieheartscindy View Post
And we always want to do lunch or dinner because it's 2 TS credits either way so better to get the more expensive meal for the same number of credits
That really is the best move if you are using credits. But I always pay OOP for that one and use my credits elsewhere.

Last year we did our last BBB visit for early entry, ate a late breakfast at CRT, then had a late dinner at BOG. We probably should have eaten lunch while in line for Under the Sea so we could say we at at 3 castles that day!
Old 02-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #23
Izzieheartscindy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
That really is the best move if you are using credits. But I always pay OOP for that one and use my credits elsewhere.

Last year we did our last BBB visit for early entry, ate a late breakfast at CRT, then had a late dinner at BOG. We probably should have eaten lunch while in line for Under the Sea so we could say we at at 3 castles that day!
Now that would have the been THE ultimate Princess day!!!

Izzieheartscindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #24
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer1168 View Post
Lots of folks do that. I just don't like to rush through our photos on Main Street on our way in or rush through breakfast either. I actually think I'll aim for the 8:15 ADR just because the photos on an empty Main Street are worth the price of admission in my book. Of course, we got robbed this last time. It was so foggy that morning you could barely even SEE the castle!

The rope they hold you at is across the back of the castle, so you're really VERY close to ETWB.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #25
bauer1168
DIS Veteran

Thanks angiTN and mom2rtk! I've never done a breakfast in a theme park before and have always been curious about if you could stroll over to a certain land/ride or if you could only go so far before park opening.
bauer1168 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: