Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #16
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)
 
blessedby3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Blue Ridge, Virginia
Posts: 7,828

We stayed at BC this past October. We had our own van and had no plans to use the shuttle. I had to use it one morning as DH and DD14 went to a YES class. DD5 and I jumped on the shuttle to meet up with them after the class.
I did not care for the shuttle (or the driver...rude and impatient). They have a bus that goes to AK and DHS and the other one goes to MK and Epcot. You may have to drive to AK first (for example) if you are heading to DHS, which will take you longer. BC is closest to DHS, but for some reason the day I used it we headed to AK which is farther and then back to DHS. Time consuming.
They also recently added a $12 per day fee to use the shuttles at BC. I would just pay to park at the parks and forget the BC shuttle. I wont ever use it again
__________________
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #17
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,868

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
....They also recently added a $12 per day fee to use the shuttles at BC. I would just pay to park at the parks and forget the BC shuttle. I wont ever use it again
I think the fee is automatically added to your bill at BC. You can't decide to use the shuttle or not and not pay.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #18
blessedby3
Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my username :)
 
blessedby3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Blue Ridge, Virginia
Posts: 7,828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
I think the fee is automatically added to your bill at BC. You can't decide to use the shuttle or not and not pay.
That is what had been reported, but on the thread on Orlando Attractions, they said that BC recounted that and now it will be for those actually using the shuttle...although people are now reporting on that thread that it may actually be $5 per person round trip (which could be even more...for large families). Here is a link to the thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3053538
__________________
8/87-Disneymoon, offsite 7/92-DD's 1st trip 2/94-Land/Sea, Dixie Landings 10/99-offsite 4/03-CR tower MK view 11/05-POP 12/06-WL 1/08-POP, DD's Grad Trip 3/09-Poly 5/10-BLT, 1BR 6/11-POP 10/12 Bonnet Creek 6/14-Bonnet Creek/2 nights at AOA
DH(48) Me(47) DD(24)DSIL (24) DS(19) DD(15) DD(7)

Patiently (NOT) waiting for a new ticker

Check out my May2010 trip report:
Welcome Gurley Family....you are FAMILY OF THE DAY!!
blessedby3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #19
thornton0511
DIS Veteran
 
thornton0511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east texas
Posts: 951

We stayed at Bonnet Creek two years ago and drove our rental most of the week but we did take the shuttle bus a few times. It was okay but they only do drop off and pick ups at certain times and a few times we had to leave the park early because it was the only pick up time and we were not ready to leave yet. Also a few of the drivers we encountered really tried to hit up everyone on the bus for a tip and it was in an uncomfortable way. There also is a chance that the pickup bus will be full if it's the last one for the day and you have to wait for BC to contact another shuttle and that can take forever. If you have a car take it.
__________________
Sept 2014 TR:In Progress There's No Place Like Home June 2014 TR:Summertime and Disneyland...Oo-De-Lally!! Dec 2012 TR: Jingle Bells...AKL...Disney for 10 Whole Days
Jenn(Me) DH DS(12) DD(8)
2011 Wyndham Bonnet Creek 2012 CBR 2013 POP/AKL 2014 Disneyland& POR/CSR
thornton0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:01 AM   #20
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better
 
aubriee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East of Dallas
Posts: 14,811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
I think the fee is automatically added to your bill at BC. You can't decide to use the shuttle or not and not pay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3 View Post
That is what had been reported, but on the thread on Orlando Attractions, they said that BC recounted that and now it will be for those actually using the shuttle...although people are now reporting on that thread that it may actually be $5 per person round trip (which could be even more...for large families). Here is a link to the thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3053538
I'm staying at BC in May and booked through Vacation Strategies. A couple of weeks ago I got an email from them saying we would have to pay the $12.00/day fee (whether we used the shuttles or not) and it was a $12.00 fee per unit. Then last week we got an email saying the home owners association had backed off that and the fee would now only apply to those who used the shuttles. The latest thing on the TUG site is that instead of $12.00 per unit for those using the shuttles, is that each person will be charged $5.00 per trip. Here is a copy of the email I got from VS about it, last week (prior to the $5.00 per person rumer on TUGS):



Dear Guest:


Here is an update on the shuttle service fee sent by Richard Scinta, Resort Manager






Dear Guest:

As a result of recent feedback, the Bonnet Creek Home Owners Association has reversed the recently communicated $12 per unit / per day transportation fee at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. Beginning March 1, 2013, transportation fees will only be applied to individuals who use the Walt Disney World
®
Resort shuttles at the resort.

We remain committed to delivering exceptional Count On
Me! service
and creating vacation memories for you and your family and friends.

Thank you for your continued feedback and ongoing support. We look forward to your stay at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort.

Sincerely,
Richard
Scinta
, Resort Manager
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:57 AM   #21
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,316
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLRuser View Post
never pay to park. there are plenty of places to park for free if you are ok with a little walking.
Really? Where? I would be very interested to know.
Yes, you can head to the Boardwalk area, and park behind the Hess Station. But, that is a pretty hefty walk to save $15 or so. Sure, you can try to park at the CR and then walk to MK. But, that is not something that is sanctioned by Disney. Sure, I guess you could park at DTD and head to a park, if you want to spend at least an hour on a bus, and not get to a park for opening.

The way I see it? If you want to use free parking, then stay onsite and pay for that perk. If you want to save money and stay offsite? Fine. But you don't then get to find ways around paying to park. Disney is very good at closing loopholes. They will start finding ways to make it impossible for people to head to a resort and visit it without paying to park!

Obviously, there are going to be ways around paying to park. But, if you stop and think of the amount of time you are spending, to save $15, it may just not be worth it in the end.

If you pay to park at, say TTC, you can then leave and return, with your receipt and not pay again. Or, you can pay to park at Epcot, hold onto that receipt, and then go over to AK and park there for nothing the same day.
__________________
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:52 AM   #22
bauer1168
DIS Veteran
 
bauer1168's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Liverpool, UK
Posts: 621

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink
Really? Where? I would be very interested to know.
Yes, you can head to the Boardwalk area, and park behind the Hess Station. But, that is a pretty hefty walk to save $15 or so. Sure, you can try to park at the CR and then walk to MK. But, that is not something that is sanctioned by Disney. Sure, I guess you could park at DTD and head to a park, if you want to spend at least an hour on a bus, and not get to a park for opening.

The way I see it? If you want to use free parking, then stay onsite and pay for that perk. If you want to save money and stay offsite? Fine. But you don't then get to find ways around paying to park. Disney is very good at closing loopholes. They will start finding ways to make it impossible for people to head to a resort and visit it without paying to park!

Obviously, there are going to be ways around paying to park. But, if you stop and think of the amount of time you are spending, to save $15, it may just not be worth it in the end.

If you pay to park at, say TTC, you can then leave and return, with your receipt and not pay again. Or, you can pay to park at Epcot, hold onto that receipt, and then go over to AK and park there for nothing the same day.
I have seen a video on YouTube that shows a way to park at TTC for free. Seemed like a bit too much hassle in my opinion. I don't drive myself and always just use Disney transportation when staying onsite. In the past if staying offsite we have just paid at the toll booth (that the right name for it?) at the parks.
I would never EVER try to use the method in the video. Personally couldn't have it on my conscience and have Jiminy Cricket disappointed in me
bauer1168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #23
junior2431
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 16

AAA pass

Is the AAA parking pass good for 1 day or for your entire stay? Thanks.
junior2431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #24
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,868

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior2431 View Post
Is the AAA parking pass good for 1 day or for your entire stay? Thanks.
That pass doesn't give you free parking. It just gives you a preferred parking place once you enter the lot. As long as there are still spaces available. It usually has an expiration date on the parking pass.

One good way to get free parking is for one adult to purchase an annual pass. Figure up the cost for parking each day of your trip and add it to the cost of your ticket. If it is more than the cost of an AP, just get the AP instead.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #25
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,407

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer1168 View Post
I have seen a video on YouTube that shows a way to park at TTC for free. Seemed like a bit too much hassle in my opinion. I don't drive myself and always just use Disney transportation when staying onsite. In the past if staying offsite we have just paid at the toll booth (that the right name for it?) at the parks.
I would never EVER try to use the method in the video. Personally couldn't have it on my conscience and have Jiminy Cricket disappointed in me
I don't know what the video shows, but I know of one way that requires some extra driving. But I also could not bring myself to do that.

That said, I did show my resort reservation to the parking attendant when we arrived at MK this past Saturday morning and explained that we'd be checking in later that day. I was fully prepared to pay the $14 if he insisted, but as I've come to expect from Disney CMs he understood and happily waved me through.
__________________
WDW: 46 visits (5 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 12 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #26
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012
 
kaytieeldr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!
Posts: 36,135

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedby3
BC is closest to DHS, but for some reason the day I used it we headed to AK which is farther and then back to DHS. Time consuming.
The 'some reason is most likely that the DHS/AK shuttle makes a continuous loop: BC > AK > DHS > BC > AK > DHS..., both dropping off and picking up guests. Just like onsite guests complain more at the end of the day about the long waits/rides because (often) they're exhausted, BC likely is considering their own exhausted guests. Plus, the ride to someplace fun always seems shorter than the ride back.
__________________
OFFICIAL 2014 Reading Challenge Participant 32/52
Phone Monkey; Phone Monkey 2; Phone Monkey Declined; The Barkeep; Ultimate Guide to Soapmaking; Brief Anecdotes from an Amusing Life; Twisted Disney; Tony Partly Cloudy; The Alternative Guide to Nursery Rhymes; Dead Woman's Shoes; South of Normal; Wal-Mart Book of Ethics; Las Vegas Cab Life; Savvy Travelers Guide: Boston Red Sox; Professor Plausible's Big Book of Baloney; Sweet Masterpiece; The President's Brain is Missing; Why Your Flight Attendant Hates You; Dirty Numbers; My Life on Craigslist; Retail Memories: When Customer Attack; The Village Idiots Cruise Club; How to Find Your Soulmate on the Internet - NOT!; The Dining Doctor; Cars & Stars; Tales in the Sky; Reader's Digest The Dumb Book; An Amazon Verified Purchase; Adventures in Casino Security; Waiter Rant; Keep the Change; Fairy Tales from the I.R.S.; now (still) reading "Hot Doug's", along with 'Match Dot C'mon', 'Cliches: A Dictionary of Recieved Ideas', 'The Chase', and 'Real Happy Family'
kaytieeldr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #27
bauer1168
DIS Veteran
 
bauer1168's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Liverpool, UK
Posts: 621

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2

I don't know what the video shows, but I know of one way that requires some extra driving. But I also could not bring myself to do that.

That said, I did show my resort reservation to the parking attendant when we arrived at MK this past Saturday morning and explained that we'd be checking in later that day. I was fully prepared to pay the $14 if he insisted, but as I've come to expect from Disney CMs he understood and happily waved me through.
I know you visit quite often, and guessing you have an AP or Local resident pass (that the correct term?), does Disney not give free parking as a benefit to pass holders? Or is it only to PAP, I'm sure I read it somewhere but can't remember where!
bauer1168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:53 AM   #28
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

 
mesaboy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 26,407

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer1168

I know you visit quite often, and guessing you have an AP or Local resident pass (that the correct term?), does Disney not give free parking as a benefit to pass holders? Or is it only to PAP, I'm sure I read it somewhere but can't remember where!
I have the seasonal AP (FL residents only), which does not include parking. The regular AP and up does include parking.
__________________
WDW: 46 visits (5 MNSSHPs, 1 MVMCP, and 400+ M&Gs);
DLR: 1 visit DLH; Tokyo: 1 visit; DCL: 1 5-night Dream; Universal Orlando: 12 visits
The Six-Park Six-Pack: 6 parks, 14 rides, 1 day -- 11/06/11

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #29
bauer1168
DIS Veteran
 
bauer1168's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Liverpool, UK
Posts: 621

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2

I have the seasonal AP (FL residents only), which does not include parking. The regular AP and up does include parking.
Ah thanks!
bauer1168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.