Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 09:35 AM   #451
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Susan, sounds like you are going to have some new little kitties at your house soon.

Jill, thank you so much for coaching this week in spite of your bug!

And a big WATP to our coach next week, Susan. I know you'll help us to finish strong!

A friendly reminder about your weigh ins tomorrow. If you would please put "Weigh in 2/22" and your number in the subject line of the PM, it makes it very easy to double check the numbers. A big from your hostess.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #452
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfield1984 View Post
Good morning everyone!

I got back into one-derland this week !
Congratulations! That is so exciting!!
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #453
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

So excited!!! I got on the scale this morning, I have lost 40 pounds since i started this journey back in April 2012. Yahoo!! My weight loss is usually very slow, .5 to 1 pound a week. This week I've lost 5 pounds since Sunday I was " re-energized " this weekend after I watched " hungry for change " and " fat, sick and nearly dying " I did a mini juice fast and I'm excited to do a 3 day juice fast next week through our local yoga place. I feel great and look great, and have a very " happy " attitude
pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #454
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
So excited!!! I got on the scale this morning, I have lost 40 pounds since i started this journey back in April 2012. Yahoo!! My weight loss is usually very slow, .5 to 1 pound a week. This week I've lost 5 pounds since Sunday I was " re-energized " this weekend after I watched " hungry for change " and " fat, sick and nearly dying " I did a mini juice fast and I'm excited to do a 3 day juice fast next week through our local yoga place. I feel great and look great, and have a very " happy " attitude
Way to go Pix!!!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #455
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
No...lol. I guess ceviche. We started making it at work and everyone else was eating it-- I just thought it looked gross but I finally tried it and was addicted. I should make up a batch for myself at home since we don't make it at work any more.

I think that's adventurous. I've never tried ceviche and I'm not sure I would. But, I'm glad you like it!

Pretty much yeah--yogurt, frozen berries, a banana, milk. I just do the thing where you just put water and soap in the blender after and turn it on.

That's probably an easy way to clean the blender.

Put my hand on Misty's stomach for about 6-7 minutes and I think I felt movement. They say you can feel movement in the last 2 weeks.
Awww...good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
Happy Thursday everyone!!! Kid is off school as we are waiting on the impending doom of "thunder sleet/snow/ice"....should be an interesting day. I am fully prepared.

I hope you don't get too bad of weather!

Oh yea, I am an adventurous eater. Fried crickets and chocolate ants would be the oddest thing I ate that I can think of off the top of my head.

I think I may tried anything covered in chocolate

Hope everyone has a great day here. I will be around cleaning and watching it snow/ice/sleet.

We will see...weather people are not quite sure what is going to happen yet. All depends on the temps.

I am hoping for some ice so I can get some great pics.
You are probably one of the only ones wanting ice! Either way, I hope you get some lovely pics.

Quote:
Good morning everyone!

I haven't been on much this week because I've just been feeling blah. I've been reading along but just haven't posted.
I got back into one-derland this week and should be really excited but I'm not. My weight hasn't budged since Saturday and I just feel stalled. I also have felt really bloated and backed up all week (sorry, TMI). I guess it's just disappointing to be putting in so much work and not see results. I know I'll have many weeks like that and need to get used to it but it's hard, especially when I've been making such an effort. I've been baking/frosting/decorating my DD's 2nd bday cake all week and haven't eaten any of it! Usually when I would bake I would eat half the bowl of icing myself (well maybe not half, but at least a few tablespoons).

Congrats on one-derland! Try to stay positive!

My doc has also decided to start me on antidepressants (haven't gotten the script yet) and that has me down because I know a common side effect is weight gain. It just all feels like an uphill battle right now.

I wouldn't worry about the side effects of weight gain right now. Just take care of yourself.

At least today should be a fun day. I volunteered to go with my DD's kindergarten class to the museum today.

Hope everyone else is having a better week than me and that the scale is nice to everyone tomorrow!!
A field trip with 5 and 6 year olds to a museum sounds like tons of fun. How was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Hmmm, I have to think about that one. I'm definitely not that adventurous! Maybe venison? Yuck! I did try to get in a taste of hassenfeffer(?), but all I kept seeing was my lop-eared bunny's face and put it back down on the plate. SO glad I don't eat meat anymore!
I'm not that adventurous either. But, I had to laugh as I pictured you picturing your bunny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Glad you are feeling better. Sorry you feel so scattered though. I HATE days like that!!

Thanks. As soon as I am done here, I have to make my lists. I was too tired last night.

Not really adventurous. I will try nearly any "real" food item, but draw the line at things like bugs. I actually LIKE liver, but have never tried tongue or brain or eyes or any other organs. I have eaten ostrich and buffalo... guess that is as "wild" as I have gotten. Craziest thing.... unidentified leftovers from the back of the fridge! And it didn't kill me!

I don't know too many people who like liver. Do you eat liver often? I try to stay away from organs

My goal for this week was to wear ANYTHING that I hadn't worn yet this winter.... because spring is coming and if I haven't worn it all winter, it was going to go to the Goodwill. No sense in keeping things I don't wear! So I figured I'd make up some new outfits, wear everything and THEN decide if it was worth keeping! I'm not one for turtlenecks, but I am wearing my one and only black one today and it looks okay... especially with the new-ish scarf I have on with it... so it is a keeper!

This is a great idea. I need to do this also!

Trying to eat a bigger breakfast today. Usually the day before weigh-in a get a bit nuts trying to keep my calories down, but it has been backfiring on me and my Saturday weigh-ins have been better than my Friday weigh-ins... so trying to eat AT LEAST my minimum Points today... and decided to start with a good breakfast! I had a frozen breakfast burrito that I had bought for DD to have during HS swim season. She didn't want it (doesn't like feta cheese apparently), so it was lingering in the freezer. It was 5 Points... much higher than I ever eat at breakfast, but it was fast, easy, all-natural (although not organic), vegetarian, and delicious! And not terribly expensive, as I recall. I think it was about $1.50 at my cheapest market. I do have a 1 Point cheese stick in my bag for snack time, but I'm thinking I probably won't need it.

Glad you found something yummy and different for breakfast.

Lunch is my preplanned quinoa stew (yummy and warm on this freezing cold day) and an apple.

Teaching math this morning... my absolute LEAST favorite subject! But thankfully it is just adding and subtracting... I can do that!

I'll take math. any math, over English anyday!

I found a new blog to follow and I'll post a link later if anyone is interested. She is a very young girl (23) who lost weight (about 90 pounds) a few years ago.... started with Nutrisystem/Jenny Craig (can't remember which) and realized that while she was losing, she wasn't feeling good, so she stopped eating prepackaged and processed foods and really started a whole new healthy lifestyle and even created her own "rabbit food" food pyramid. She has some really great easy sounding SUPER HEALTHY recipes that I can't wait to try! I'll share my results when I share them. I think first up will be the chia seed jam/jelly. Three ingredients (chia seeds, fruit, water) and it sounds really easy and delicious! In fact, DD is excited to try it with me!

Okay... kids are lining up to come in, so I had better dash!......................P
I cannot wait to hear more about this blog. I would love the link. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

Jill, so sorry that bug has really knocked you down! You are such a trouper to keep on coaching even when you feel bad!

Thanks for the kind words. I really enjoy coaching, but wish I could've been more involved.

Right now the item in the kitchen that seems to be saving the day is the fruit bowl. Having some "free" fruit handy is helping me to make better choices.

That's great!

No, you aren't the only one who can't do caffeine late in the day.

I tell eople all the time that I don't know when I turned into my grandma, but me and caffeine do not mix. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Escargots is the most adventurous thing I've ever eaten. It was a long time ago and to impress a date -- who is long gone btw -- thankfully they were very garlicky.

The things we do to impress dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

Jill, thank you so much for coaching this week in spite of your bug!

Thank you for the kind words.

And a big WATP to our coach next week, Susan. I know you'll help us to finish strong!

Yay! I cannot wait.

A friendly reminder about your weigh ins tomorrow. If you would please put "Weigh in 2/22" and your number in the subject line of the PM, it makes it very easy to double check the numbers. A big from your hostess.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!
Thanks for all your hard work!

Quote:
Yay! Congrats! That's a great accomplishment!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good evening everyone. It was back to work for me today and I probably should've just called off. I was so exhausted that I could barely stand to teach. It ended up being more of an organization day since I missed 2 days. I passed back work, collected work, and got organized for tomorrow. At least I don't teach all day elementary or it would've been a very, very long day. I ended up falling asleep when I got home as it was. I hope I get a good sleep tonight!

I hope everyone has a great weigh in tomorrow. I am not expecting much at all. I didn't track any food while I wa sick, and let's be honest...I wasn't very hungry for salads or fruit. I was, however, hungry for carbs. I am actually a little worried about getting back into the execise routine. I am so tired and I know it'll take me awhile to feel back to where I was. I may just start back fresh on Sunday or Monday and spend this weekend relaxing.

I never got around to making my lists and getting organized, so I am off to do that. And, I am going to try to finish editing my photopass pics so I can finally order my cd

I'll check in before I head off to bed later.

Jill
Old 02-21-2013, 08:42 PM   #456
Mary•Poppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Good Wed morning everyone.

I had such a long day yesterday that by 9 I asleep on the couch. I had a crappy night sleep. I was awake every hour for some reason.

Just wanted to stop in and say hello.

I just got in some yoga and off to have breakfast.

Have a happy and healthy day
Hey Dona, I have been thinking of you and your musical. Grease sounds like a lot of fun. We are doing Annie. Since I don't have a son in the cast, I feel a little out of the loop ... but that is really okay with me. There tends to be a lot of drama between people every year and I am glad to be on the outskirts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
I guess I skipped the breakfast question and I should answer this one....

I actually had to CUT DOWN my calories at breakfast. I am someone who can easily down 2000+ calories at breakfast. Yep.

Now I try and keep it 300-500.

My favorite healthy breakfast would be a "garden benedict".

Includes a whole wheat english muffin, egg whites, slice of tomato, dash of shredded cheddar (just to taste) with a side of steamed aparagus.

(In the past I would make hollandiase sauce and use ham in it as well and a whole poached egg.) OK, now my mouth is watering....so hungry.
I read your post and thought of my trip to Key West last year. We ate at this restaurant called Blue Heaven. It had a dirt floor and chickens roaming the place .... it was semi-outside. It sounds like a dump of a place, but it really wasn't, just unusual. Anyway, the had the best lobster benedict!

... okay, back to weight-loss talk ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
So sorry this is late again. But, here is your QOTD:

QOTD Wednesday, February 20

What item in your kitchen has helped you the most in your journey to better health?

Mine is my water bottle. When I use it ... I drink all my water for the day and I am much more successful with my weight-loss.

I'll be back to reply in a bit.

Jill
Glad to see you are feeling better ... even if you aren't back 100%. The last two days I got the worst cold. It is in my sinuses too. I was asking my students "who gave it to me?" ... which really could have been any of them. They all have had runny noses. One of my kids looked at me very seriously and said, "I promise, I didn't give it to you."

I am about to take some Nyquill and call it a night. That stuff knocks me out! We are suppose to get freezing rain tomorrow some time between 5 and 7 am ... so not sure what will happen with work. I hate making school days up ... but I am kind of hoping we don't have school tomorrow so I can stay home and sleep a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Have to jump on the kitchen scale bandwagon here! Just knowing what ounces look like has made a big difference in portion sizes.

Get some rest and feel better! My goodness, what is going around on this board everybody?!? Eat up some of those yummy Florida oranges! If you don't have any, I can definitely send some!

I do think we are spreading something around on here!

Lisa-I figured out the goal weight by the WW info about BMI. Now, I'm not a fan of BMI as it doesn't take into account what is actually making up the weight (lean muscle mass versus everything else), but I thought it seemed realistic. Plus, I remember reading somewhere that a good proportional weight based on height is 100 pounds up to 5 feet, then 5 pounds for every inch above that. Sorry for our friends across the pond, I don't know what the metric conversion would be!

On a side note, the DH was officially hired today for a new job he's wanted for the past year! Ironcially, he will be officially retiring from his old job after 25 years and starting the new one all on the same day. He's going through the whole range of emotions at the moment, but we're both so happy and excited!!!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFam95 View Post
Hmm I used to have a food scale but I never use it now - maybe I should lol. I really feel like I have a grip on what a portion size is my problem is I just don't care

I love my vitamix. I'm not a veggie fan at all and making smoothies w veggies in them is great for me.

I saw this on dr oz today about your calories and when to eat. A study was done and people ate the same amt of calories per day but laid them out differently (more in the am vs more in the pm) and the people who ate 60% of their calories before 3pm (I think) lost more weight. Not always easy!

Well I got 1 curtain hung. Hanging curtains is really a 2 person job but I did not want to wait.
Congrats on you hubby's new job!!!! That is awesome.

Quote:
QOTD Thursday, February 21

Are you an adventurous eater? What's the craziest thing you have ever eaten?

Jill
I also had escargot ... and it was really garlicy too.

Quote:
Good morning everyone!

I haven't been on much this week because I've just been feeling blah. I've been reading along but just haven't posted.
I got back into one-derland this week and should be really excited but I'm not. My weight hasn't budged since Saturday and I just feel stalled. I also have felt really bloated and backed up all week (sorry, TMI). I guess it's just disappointing to be putting in so much work and not see results. I know I'll have many weeks like that and need to get used to it but it's hard, especially when I've been making such an effort. I've been baking/frosting/decorating my DD's 2nd bday cake all week and haven't eaten any of it! Usually when I would bake I would eat half the bowl of icing myself (well maybe not half, but at least a few tablespoons).

My doc has also decided to start me on antidepressants (haven't gotten the script yet) and that has me down because I know a common side effect is weight gain. It just all feels like an uphill battle right now.

Maybe not think of it this way. Perhaps you might feel a little better and you feel like exercising more.

At least today should be a fun day. I volunteered to go with my DD's kindergarten class to the museum today.

Hope everyone else is having a better week than me and that the scale is nice to everyone tomorrow!!
I agree with everyone on here. You will probably see movement on the scale soon. I swear my body tries to hand on to every pound at times and it is really frustrating. Next week you might see some big changes! Hang in there.

Quote:
That is Awesome!!!! Keep up the great work!

Last night I signed up myself and my DH for the Tower of Terror run!!! I am so excited! My DH is not a runner, but he is doing it for the fun of it. He told me he will catch up with me at the end for the party. Now I have to start researching flights and where to stay ....

Last edited by Mary•Poppins; 02-21-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Mary•Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:17 AM   #457
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Sorry I missed QOTD yesterday......I was otherwise occupied - Went to see Train in concert last night (Touring the UK for the second time in 2 years - can't believe our luck!) so didn't get home until gone midnight. Went out to eat beforehand but made healthy choices (Veg Paella), no alcohol just water. Then spend a good 2 hours dancing away and throwing my arms about at the concert (standing room only), so I guess that counts as exercise right?????

As for being an adverturous eater...erm...no, not really. I eat a wide range of things, but nothing too wacky. Hubs has eaten kangaroo, aligator and frogs legs, but I'm really not into that...I have a hard enough time with mushrooms!!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #458
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Congratulations! Slow and steady wins the race.

Jill, glad that you are feeling a bit better and thank you again for coaching this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary•Poppins View Post
Last night I signed up myself and my DH for the Tower of Terror run!!! I am so excited! My DH is not a runner, but he is doing it for the fun of it. He told me he will catch up with me at the end for the party. Now I have to start researching flights and where to stay ....
Fran, hope that you are feeling better soon! Woo hoo on registering for the ToT! I love that medal! You will have a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Sorry I missed QOTD yesterday......I was otherwise occupied - Went to see Train in concert last night (Touring the UK for the second time in 2 years - can't believe our luck!) so didn't get home until gone midnight. Went out to eat beforehand but made healthy choices (Veg Paella), no alcohol just water. Then spend a good 2 hours dancing away and throwing my arms about at the concert (standing room only), so I guess that counts as exercise right?????
Sounds like a great concert!

Have a great day all and good luck with weigh in today! This is your chance to finish strong!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #459
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:

Congrats on you hubby's new job!!!! That is awesome.

Thanks so much to you and everyone for the congrats! We are SO happy!

Yay!!! I haven't done this one yet as it's pretty close to the Wine and Dine Half. And even though we only live about 2-3 hours away, it still gets pricey going up there all the time. But let me be the first to say

Quote:
Jealous! Our friends turned us on to Train last year and we love'em!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:25 AM   #460
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:

Wonderful job with the 40 pounds! That is just great! How did you find the juice fast? I tried it about a year ago and didn't even make it one day! The lack of protein made me feel ! And I try not to juice too many fruits and make my blood sugar go all crazy!

Quote:

I cannot wait to hear more about this blog. I would love the link. Thanks!

I'll try to post it this morning.... got it! Here you go...

http://rabbitfoodformybunnyteeth.com/

Good evening everyone. It was back to work for me today and I probably should've just called off. I was so exhausted that I could barely stand to teach. It ended up being more of an organization day since I missed 2 days. I passed back work, collected work, and got organized for tomorrow. At least I don't teach all day elementary or it would've been a very, very long day. I ended up falling asleep when I got home as it was. I hope I get a good sleep tonight!

Yup.... you definitely went back too early! Maybe tomorrow should be a movie day?? Got any great education videos you've been saving for just such an occasion??

I hope everyone has a great weigh in tomorrow. I am not expecting much at all. I didn't track any food while I wa sick, and let's be honest...I wasn't very hungry for salads or fruit. I was, however, hungry for carbs. I am actually a little worried about getting back into the execise routine. I am so tired and I know it'll take me awhile to feel back to where I was. I may just start back fresh on Sunday or Monday and spend this weekend relaxing.

I never got around to making my lists and getting organized, so I am off to do that. And, I am going to try to finish editing my photopass pics so I can finally order my cd

I'll check in before I head off to bed later.

Jill

Hope today brings energy and good health to you!

Quote:
I read your post and thought of my trip to Key West last year. We ate at this restaurant called Blue Heaven. It had a dirt floor and chickens roaming the place .... it was semi-outside. It sounds like a dump of a place, but it really wasn't, just unusual. Anyway, the had the best lobster benedict!

... okay, back to weight-loss talk ...

YUM!!!!

Glad to see you are feeling better ... even if you aren't back 100%. The last two days I got the worst cold. It is in my sinuses too. I was asking my students "who gave it to me?" ... which really could have been any of them. They all have had runny noses. One of my kids looked at me very seriously and said, "I promise, I didn't give it to you."

I am about to take some Nyquill and call it a night. That stuff knocks me out! We are suppose to get freezing rain tomorrow some time between 5 and 7 am ... so not sure what will happen with work. I hate making school days up ... but I am kind of hoping we don't have school tomorrow so I can stay home and sleep a little.

It would definitely be a blessing to get a bit more sleep today! Hope you got your wish!

WOOOHOO!! A Disney race!!

Quote:

Darn right it does!!

As for being an adverturous eater...erm...no, not really. I eat a wide range of things, but nothing too wacky. Hubs has eaten kangaroo, aligator and frogs legs, but I'm really not into that...I have a hard enough time with mushrooms!!
Kangaroo?? I'm not sure taht is even legal in the U.S.! But I know down south they eat "gator"!

HAPPY HAPPY FRIDAY!! We made it through another week! And as of 3pm today I am officially on vacation!!

The scale was KIND to me today.... I think I'm FINALLY realizing that really restricting my calories on Thursdays does NOT pay off! I ate my ENTIRE allotment of Points yesterday (ended with a light biscotti-type cookie at 8pm with a cup of green tea....MMMMM!) and lost a bit more than a pound this week! And for me that is HUGE! Made me a VERY happy camper when I stepped on the scale this morning! Decided to celebrate by wearing a clingy wrap dress that I've had in my closet over a year and have never worn (although DD has worn it several times...). I guess I don't really dress up very often because several folks have already asked me what the occasion is for the dress, boots (heels no less!), etc.

So today PSA from me would be EAT YOUR ALLOTED CALORIES! Don't skimp! (Although I will admit I certainly didn't go OVER any day this week, so that definitely helped.)

Last night's roasted chicken was SO DELICIOUS that it made me realize that I am NOT making the decision to be a "full time" vegetarian. I had gone 4 days without meat, but we eat chicken so rarely, it was really calling to me... plus I was out of tofu and I've eaten quinoa and beans nearly every day this week. So I'm defining myself as a part-time vegetarian...

Anyhow, I usually do a crockpot roasted chicken (more like a stewed chicken), but didn't have time in the morning to get everything into the pot, so I skipped it and figured we'd have something else for dinner.... but DD decided that there was NO WAY she had time to go to swim, as she was studying for a huge biology test today.... so I got to stay home!! As such I had the time to do a real roasted chicken in the oven with roasted veggies on the side (green beans, zucchini, onions, and peppers). It was just lovely and very much appreciated by DD, DH and myself. (DS has pizza at robotics on Thursdays.)

Well.... I have NO computer access where I am teaching today (art) and as such I popped into Kindergarten to use a computer where I know the teacher is a real sweetheart and wouldn't mind. But the kiddos are on their way in now, so I must dash! I MAY have time in the noon-ish hour to pop on again, but no promises! I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!! Stay safe to those who are getting some crazy winter weather here in the U.S.! TTYL.............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #461
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

I am not strict with calorie counting, as I said before we are on a heart healthy diet, but I will tell you that when I knew I was under, (I felt it), I did not lose. You body needs calories to burn weight off for sure!!!!

So I eased up a bit and lost another pound this week!

Right now I am at the weight where I would "give in" but that is not happening this time.

I am excited to see how far this is going to go with just portion control and eating the right foods. I have not even started exercising yet (not by choice, I am still working on getting my foot fixed ).

Happy Friday everyone! Kid is off school again due to snow/ice.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #462
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Hey--guess I'm up!

QUOTD 2/22

Do you or have you ever taken any diet supplements of any kind?

I remember taking those dexatrims in the 80's and early 90's and they really worked for me but my Mom would get mad at me for taking them and I guess she was right because they got pulled for the ephedrine. I've been taking the raspberry ketones and haven't noticed any special results but I'm really looking forward to getting my chilli pepper supps and the L-arginine.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #463
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

I've got to keep it quick-- I just got called in early, (yesterday was called in too)
Meant to really get caught up last night but of course was distracted by watching cats giving birth video on You tube all night after I got off work lol. The horror---I will tell you this-- my girl will NEVER do this again. I've decided that the closet won't work-- all the other kitties are interested--this week I'm going to thoroughly scrub the spare bedroom and put her in there with a big box for the last week. Been feeling lots of movement-- it's cool. I'm glad too because she's not huge so she probably won't have too many kittens.

I pulled a samer this week and I put everything in to it dang it. Wasn't able to work out as much because of being called in, but really watched everything. Then I realized as I was poking my bc pill out-- it's a week before my period-- water weight--ugh.

Will catch up on replies later tonight.:-) My name is Susan by the way--not Jayne lol.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #464
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE

My name is Susan by the way--not Jayne lol.[/QUOTE]

HaHa...My name is Helen, not Eliza!!!! (Elizabeth is my middle name!)
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #465
Mary•Poppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Hey--guess I'm up!

QUOTD 2/22

Do you or have you ever taken any diet supplements of any kind?

I remember taking those dexatrims in the 80's and early 90's and they really worked for me but my Mom would get mad at me for taking them and I guess she was right because they got pulled for the ephedrine. I've been taking the raspberry ketones and haven't noticed any special results but I'm really looking forward to getting my chilli pepper supps and the L-arginine.
I never took anything. I think I am too scared. It seems they come back in a few years and tell you all the bad side effects from taking some of those pills and it is scary. I have thought of trying Ally (I think that is it) ... but a girl I know took it and ... it really does work! If she ate anything that had fat in it, she was running to the bathroom. The thought of that really doesn't appeal to me. So, I am trying the all natural approach ... stop eating junk!

And I am Fran, not Mary. Sorry ... just had to add to the thread. And I think I may have called you both Jayne and Eliza. Sorry about that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: