Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #3496
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannysMom

Another sad fact, if you use the DisBoards App on iOS devices, (iPad, etc) you do not see all the dancing bananas (or other cute emoticons.).

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!
I keep hoping they do an update that includes the emoticons.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 02-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #3497
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
Hi,

I'm getting ready to pay my vacation in full today , but just keep questioning myself if I wanna change my room from a garden view to a pool/water view. Can anyone who has stayed in both tell me if it's worth the extra couple hundred dollars to do so? Thanks so much!
Just what I was going to ask. We had to book a split YC/BC stay b/c there was only club level at BC for the full week. I check daily to see if BC opened up. Now BC has lagoon view open the whole stay. Its still going to cost me $800-ish more than my split yc/bc gv stay. Decisions, decisions. I honestly don't care about the view...just don't want to have to move resorts.

ETA- apparently I am hallucinating...BC still wouldn't have availability for arrival night. So it would be about $650 more and we would still have to switch after the first night from YC to BC. Think I will save the $$ and do the 3 nights YC/ 5 nights BC split stay all garden view. I can buy a lot with $650.
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC

Last edited by disneymagicgirl; 02-21-2013 at 06:17 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #3498
Debrn
Mouseketeer

My son was pouring his cereal and spotted this hidden mickey.....
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 02-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #3499
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
ETA- apparently I am hallucinating...BC still wouldn't have availability for arrival night. So it would be about $650 more and we would still have to switch after the first night from YC to BC. Think I will save the $$ and do the 3 nights YC/ 5 nights BC split stay all garden view. I can buy a lot with $650.
We did a standard view split once. We went the other way BC>YC. And it is still one of my favorite trips. (And we've stayed CL several times.) Trust me. SV at both is still great and with the extra $$$$$ you could just order room service!

Old 02-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #3500
dismom75
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! I'm new here and have been reading all the previous posts for the past couple hours. But, I have a couple questions that I haven't seen answered (although I haven't gotten through all of the posts!). I think I read that the playground by Stormalong Bay is no longer there. Is there another playground somewhere on the property. With a 2 and 6 year old, we like our playgrounds for some down time.

We have stayed at the Yacht Club but will be at the Beach Club, in November, for the first time. When we stayed at the Yacht Club I made a room request to stay close to the Beach Club thinking there would be a staircase at the end of the building (obviously I didn't do my research before that trip). Well, our request was honored and we were placed at the far end of the building. This was quite a hike with a 3 year old in tow who didn't want to be carried. So, I don't want to make the same mistake this time. As of now I have requested a room close to Epcot. But, I'm having a hard time finding a map of the rooms at the Beach Club. Is this going to put us in the same situation as we were in at Yacht Club...this time with TWO slow pokes who want to be independent?!?!? Should I be making a different room request (close to elevators perhaps?)?
Old 02-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #3501
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom75 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm new here and have been reading all the previous posts for the past couple hours. But, I have a couple questions that I haven't seen answered (although I haven't gotten through all of the posts!). I think I read that the playground by Stormalong Bay is no longer there. Is there another playground somewhere on the property. With a 2 and 6 year old, we like our playgrounds for some down time.

We have stayed at the Yacht Club but will be at the Beach Club, in November, for the first time. When we stayed at the Yacht Club I made a room request to stay close to the Beach Club thinking there would be a staircase at the end of the building (obviously I didn't do my research before that trip). Well, our request was honored and we were placed at the far end of the building. This was quite a hike with a 3 year old in tow who didn't want to be carried. So, I don't want to make the same mistake this time. As of now I have requested a room close to Epcot. But, I'm having a hard time finding a map of the rooms at the Beach Club. Is this going to put us in the same situation as we were in at Yacht Club...this time with TWO slow pokes who want to be independent?!?!? Should I be making a different room request (close to elevators perhaps?)?
The 2nd elevator is near the quiet pool at BC which is close to Epcot. This was so handy as when we would leave Epcot we'd cut through the quiet pool area & walk in the back door & went up elevator to our room which faced the quiet pool. It's a great spot!

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Old 02-22-2013, 02:37 AM   #3502
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
My son was pouring his cereal and spotted this hidden mickey.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom75 View Post

The nearest playground we found is over at the swan/dolphin. Its not too far to walk although it might take you a little longer than us given your kids ages but its really good fun for them and is bigger than the old one was at BC
Old 02-22-2013, 05:26 AM   #3503
kenly777
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom

I keep hoping they do an update that includes the emoticons.

If you tap on the post, it will open in a window "next to it", and it will post with all the emoticons. At least on my iPhone it does. No way to post any that I see, but I have not tried typing in the link. Have fun!

Many years of staying off site before 1990, 1990 CBR Honeymoon, 1999 CSR, 2005 Rental House, 2008 SS, 2010 Rental House, 2012 POR, 2013 OKW/BCV, 2014 BWV
Old 02-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #3504
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenly777

If you tap on the post, it will open in a window "next to it", and it will post with all the emoticons. At least on my iPhone it does. No way to post any that I see, but I have not tried typing in the link. Have fun!
Thanks. I have done that before when I am not sure what the emoticon is, but it be so much easier if it just displayed initially. Hopefully, they will do an update for it.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:18 AM   #3505
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Sitting at JFK...ready to go! Feels good to leave freezing for warmt
hope you're wallowing in the sunshine now!!! we had a hail storm last night glad I wasn't on the road.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 02-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #3506
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Then your trip must be coming soon...
Have a good one!

Thanks for posting this! In December of 2012 this app was virtually worthless in the parks and about as functional as Test Track... which is to say NOT!

The dancing bananas are a list tradition that indicates extreme joy.
To wit:

If one says "Today is Monday and I'm wearing my Yacht Club polo shirt to go to McDonald's to get my bogo McRib" THAT is worth one dancing banana.

If one says "Today I saw a car with a bumper sticker that said HONK if you love Hurricane Hannah's" THAT is worth 2 dancing bananas.

If one says "Today I am building up my calluses for the sand bottom pool at Storm Along Bay" THAT is worth 1/4 of a dancing Banana.

But if one says "Today I called reservations and booked a stay at the Beach Club Villas that is so long, the Orange County Sheriff is going to have to pry my cold dead fingers off of the door frame and remove me from the premises!" THAT is worth a thundering herd of Dancing bananas!

~NM
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 02-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #3507
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Ninja Mom...you kill me.

That's all.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #3508
kristen2276
Mouseketeer

we are going the end of April and want to tell my TA what to request for a room- how should we say we want an upper floor- DO NOT WANT FIRST FLOOR- and want to be close to the heart of the resort, I don't want to be too far from SAB, the lobby etc...
We have Garden View- thanks!

Kristen-13th Disney Trip, Mike-9th Disney Trip, Kieran-6th Disney trip and Michael's 3rd Disney trip- April/May, 2013!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #3509
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristen2276 View Post
we are going the end of April and want to tell my TA what to request for a room- how should we say we want an upper floor- DO NOT WANT FIRST FLOOR- and want to be close to the heart of the resort, I don't want to be too far from SAB, the lobby etc...
We have Garden View- thanks!
If you want to be close to the center, than request a room near the central elevator. That will be convenient to the lobby.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 02-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #3510
rea59
Mouseketeer

Coming to YC CL Deluxe room in June. Does anyone know the location of these rooms? Are they close to the club?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: