DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-19-2013, 10:15 PM   #316
okw2012
Mouseketeer
 
okw2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal (Quebec) Canada
Posts: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheniwasyoung

My DW and I met three guys from Quebec that were bikers three years ago in the Keys. We had a blast with them. However, we drank a lot of Rye and Coke. Are you also a rye drinker?
Well I prefer single malt, or else gin-tonic for something with soda in it. A good beer will do too!
__________________
OKW & HHI DVC owner
okw2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #317
wheniwasyoung
Lov'in Every Minute of It!
 
wheniwasyoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by okw2012 View Post
Well I prefer single malt, or else gin-tonic for something with soda in it. A good beer will do too!
I will make sure I have a good malt just in case we run into each other. We will have two teenage boys so I'll try not to bother you two on your romantic vacation.

We won't be in until Sunday (3rd) but I did manage to get round trip airfare for $69! but we have to fly into MYR and drive 4 hrs.

If I'm reading my email right it looks like we will be in building 28 / 2 bedroom. I wonder if I call they will confirm our unit?

Latest weather Mr. Forecaster?
wheniwasyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #318
okw2012
Mouseketeer
 
okw2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal (Quebec) Canada
Posts: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheniwasyoung

I will make sure I have a good malt just in case we run into each other. We will have two teenage boys so I'll try not to bother you two on your romantic vacation.
Oh I think I can manage to find time for a drink by the pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheniwasyoung

We won't be in until Sunday (3rd) but I did manage to get round trip airfare for $69! but we have to fly into MYR and drive 4 hrs.
Wow! We are paying 400$ but flying to HHH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheniwasyoung
A
If I'm reading my email right it looks like we will be in building 28 / 2 bedroom. I wonder if I call they will confirm our unit?
You got an email confirming your online booking? I did not. I'll call the resort and make sure it worked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheniwasyoung

Latest weather Mr. Forecaster?
Relatively cold. At least for the first few days of the week. Expect highs in the 55-65 range.
__________________
OKW & HHI DVC owner
okw2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #319
okw2012
Mouseketeer
 
okw2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal (Quebec) Canada
Posts: 420

Hello everyone,

Here is my monthly weather forecast for HHI.

While the forecast calls for nice weather in March on average, the first week is not looking so good (on the cool side), and that's when I am going...

That being said I am writing this while riding a bus to work which is stuck in traffic. It will likely take me over 3 hours just to get to work today, due to the latest snow storm. I will appreciate a break from all this even if I have to wear a sweater all day!

Mar: warm and dry
Apr-Sep: warm
Oct-Dec: average

These are **average** forecasted conditions for each month. Even when the forecast is correct, weather on individual days can be quite different from the average.

More details here:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product.../churchill.php
__________________
OKW & HHI DVC owner
okw2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #320
staceyeid
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 84

We just booked a 2 bedroom for the end of April. This will be our first time to the resort and also the area. We'll be driving from the Detroit area and splitting the drive over two days. Any recommendations on good stopping points? A friend suggested Knoxville.

We're traveling with my parents and our soon to be 2 year old daughter. Very much looking forward to a relaxing week and warm weather (or at least no snow!)

We're planning a day trip to Savannah and my mom would like to get to Biltmore but I haven't even looked to see if that's possible.

We're also planning a trip to VWL in September, also in a 2 bedroom.

Very excited for our upcoming trip!!

Restaurant and island activity recommendations are always appreciated!!
__________________
staceyeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #321
kristenrice
DIS Veteran
 
kristenrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,955

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyeid View Post
We just booked a 2 bedroom for the end of April. This will be our first time to the resort and also the area. We'll be driving from the Detroit area and splitting the drive over two days. Any recommendations on good stopping points? A friend suggested Knoxville.
We drive down from the west side of the mitten and stop in Gatlinburg, TN. In 2011, we left early Friday morning and arrived in Gatlinburg around 10pm. Then, we slept in on Saturday and spent the day in the GSM national park. We got a good night of sleep and then headed on to HHI on Sunday morning.

This year, we were planning on doing the same thing, but we are bringing my parents with us. My parents aren't too interested in spending a day in Gatlinburg so they offered to pay cash to stay Saturday night at HHI. So now, the plan is to leave early Friday morning, drive to Gatlinburg and then get back on the road early Saturday morning so we can be at HHI early Saturday afternoon.

We leave in 35 days!
__________________




2001 OKW 2002 WL for HONEYMOON!January 2008 POP/OKW October 2008 AKV GIRLS ONLY! June 2009 AKV October 2009 POP with my BFF for my Birthday April 2010 AKV April 2011 HHI Oct 2011 BLT/BWV with DSiL June 2012 GRAND GATHERING at OKW April 2013 HHI November 2013 AKV *1st Half-Marathon*Oct 2014 Surprising the Nieces at AKV May 2015 AKV Expedition Everest Challenge
kristenrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #322
LPnerd
Mouseketeer
 
LPnerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Fl. now SC
Posts: 227

http://http://www.thepig.net/[URL="http://www.thepig.net/"] I am a member and a full time resident here on hilton head . wanted to share that the famous PIG grocery store now has a click and shop option. here is the link to the store website, and you will see the click and shop option icon on top right of webpage. you can have your entire order ready to go, instead of standing cart to cart in the ilse of the best grocery store on the cove. The produce section has a bunch of grab and go stuff , easy for vacations...
when you have millions of vacationers together with all the folks that live and work here, during season avoid the grocery store as much as possible.
LPnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #323
okw2012
Mouseketeer
 
okw2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal (Quebec) Canada
Posts: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyeid View Post
We just booked a 2 bedroom for the end of April.
Great! If you give me your exact date I will add you to the list on post #2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyeid View Post
Restaurant and island activity recommendations are always appreciated!!
There is a separate thread on HHI restaurants which you might want to check out. Also I have compiled an alphabetical list of things to do while at HHI earlier in this thread. You might want to check that too!
__________________
OKW & HHI DVC owner
okw2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #324
okw2012
Mouseketeer
 
okw2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal (Quebec) Canada
Posts: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPnerd View Post
http://www.thepig.net/ I am a member and a full time resident here on hilton head . wanted to share that the famous PIG grocery store now has a click and shop option. here is the link to the store website, and you will see the click and shop option icon on top right of webpage. you can have your entire order ready to go, instead of standing cart to cart in the ilse of the best grocery store on the cove. The produce section has a bunch of grab and go stuff , easy for vacations...
when you have millions of vacationers together with all the folks that live and work here, during season avoid the grocery store as much as possible.
Can they deliver to the resort?
__________________
OKW & HHI DVC owner

Last edited by okw2012; 02-22-2013 at 01:12 PM.
okw2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #325
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran
 
mickeyplanner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,239

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPnerd View Post
http://http://www.thepig.net/[URL="http://www.thepig.net/"] I am a member and a full time resident here on hilton head . wanted to share that the famous PIG grocery store now has a click and shop option. here is the link to the store website, and you will see the click and shop option icon on top right of webpage. you can have your entire order ready to go, instead of standing cart to cart in the ilse of the best grocery store on the cove. The produce section has a bunch of grab and go stuff , easy for vacations...
when you have millions of vacationers together with all the folks that live and work here, during season avoid the grocery store as much as possible.
When you talk about the busy season and things being cart to cart, what months are your referring to? Also is there truly traffic problems on the island? We will be there June 2013.
__________________
DW-me, DH, DD-7, DS-4

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #326
foticam
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 12

Thank you so much for this information! Love it!!!!
foticam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #327
LJC1861
DIS Veteran
Suffers from a Tag Fairy Complex
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Arden, NC
Posts: 2,984

Just booked a one bedroom unit for September 22-27 for our annual "get away and just relax" vacation at our favorite DVC location. One of these days we are just going to have to get around to adding on points with an HHI contract so we have the 11 month advantage.

Love HHI!!!!!!

Linda
LJC1861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #328
VMS
DIS Veteran
 
VMS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 658

April 14 - 20

We will hopefully be checking in on April 14th and checking out on the 20th. Will be our 12th year, but right now the school district has already taken away the Monday and Tuesday from our vacation due to Hurricane Sandy and snow days. If any more days get taken away we will definitely be reconsidering, and even as it is we are not definite. Fingers crossed. Has been a tough year already here and we really could use a vacation!
__________________
Contemporary, Disney Inn (pre-SoG), Polynesian, Caribbean, Dixie Landings, All Star Sports, Wilderness Homes, Hilton Head (4/02). VWL (8/02), Hilton Head (4/03), Hilton Head (3/04), VWL (8/04), VWL (12/04), Hilton Head (4/05), Hilton Head (4/06), BCV (8/06), Hilton Head (3/07), Hilton Head (8/08), Hilton Head (4/09), VWL (6/09), Hilton Head (8/10), Hilton Head (8/11), Hilton Head (4/12), OKW (6/12), Hilton Head (4/13), SS / VWL (7/13), Hilton Head (8/14)
VMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #329
WebmasterDoc
Administrator
 
WebmasterDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1998
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 31,680
DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyeid View Post
We just booked a 2 bedroom for the end of April. This will be our first time to the resort and also the area. We'll be driving from the Detroit area and splitting the drive over two days. Any recommendations on good stopping points? A friend suggested Knoxville.

We're traveling with my parents and our soon to be 2 year old daughter. Very much looking forward to a relaxing week and warm weather (or at least no snow!)

We're planning a day trip to Savannah and my mom would like to get to Biltmore but I haven't even looked to see if that's possible.

We're also planning a trip to VWL in September, also in a 2 bedroom.

Very excited for our upcoming trip!!

Restaurant and island activity recommendations are always appreciated!!
Knoxville should be around 1/2 way for your trip. Depending on when you leave, you might enjoy getting a little farther. Asheville, where the Biltmore is located is about 90 minutes beyond Knoxville and on your way to HH. You'll be taking I-40 to Asheville and then I-26 to I-95 (near Charleston) and about 2 hours more to HH.

Have a great trip!
__________________
Doc
WebmasterDoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #330
WebmasterDoc
Administrator
 
WebmasterDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1998
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 31,680
DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
When you talk about the busy season and things being cart to cart, what months are your referring to? Also is there truly traffic problems on the island? We will be there June 2013.
Traffic is at is busiest during the summer months (mid June - August) - espcially Saturday afternoons trying to drive onto the island from the interstate (Sat is a very high check-n day for non-DVC summer guests). Rt 278, the main road thru the island, is a very busy highway especially in the summer months. Another busy time is during the Heritage Golf Classic in Aprirl - but mainly for that week. Restaurants will be really busy during that time (and all thru the summer).

That said, the traffic is still manageable if you try to avoid the busiest times of the day. Beach parking lots fill up quickly during the summer months so walking, biking or taking the Dunes Buggy (a free van service for those in the Palmetto Dunes area to all venues there) is a great way to avoid the heavy traffic and parking issues. The DVC Resort offers a free shuttle service from about 10am - 4pm between the Beach House and Resort.
__________________
Doc
WebmasterDoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: