Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
tcherjen
DIS Veteran

Changed from CSR to POR

After thinking about it I switched to POR. I was on the fence about where to stay, but think that we will be happy at POR. CSR looked great, but utimatley I feel like we made the best choice. When I called the agent told me she had a garden view room. I have no idea where that is located on the result, but am happy we are staying there.

medhdd7ds16 dd19

http://www.pinterest.com/tcherjen/
tcherjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #2
blackacex2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcherjen
After thinking about it I switched to POR. I was on the fence about where to stay, but think that we will be happy at POR. CSR looked great, but utimatley I feel like we made the best choice. When I called the agent told me she had a garden view room. I have no idea where that is located on the result, but am happy we are staying there.
Great choice!! CSR lacks the beauty and magic of the riverside.
blackacex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2013, 02:53 AM   #3
eastcarolinafan
When I put on my Mickey ears I can hear Small World.

Well, you don't say why you're going to WDW. If it is for a business, like a convention, then CSR is likely where you want to be. It's a beautiful resort, but it is large and the atmosphere is more adult, less family-oriented. Very often there are adults gathered at the bar area outside -- nothing crazy, but lively adult conversation.

As a family resort, POR is my favorite. I just love the comfortable feel of the place. When you stroll the grounds, you see other families and tons of kids running around. And the grounds themselves are really beautiful. The knock on POR is the size of the place, but it's no bigger than CSR, and if you position yourself in the right building, you'll be set up like a pig in a puddle.

If you are there for family, I think you definitely made the right call. Get the right building, though. Book Aligator Bayou and you will be very happy. Book room 1458 and you will be happier because we left a whole lot of good karma there. There are buildings that are very far away from the lobby, and that's really inconvenient when you want to run to get a cup of coffee or go to the pool.

Hope that helps.

2008, Carribbean Beach Resort (my first trip to WDW!; 2009, Port Orleans Riverside; 2012, Coranado Springs; and in 2014, Sophie's Polynesian extavaganza
eastcarolinafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:55 AM   #4
Missytara
I'm all ears!

If you go onto the POR thread, on the first page, Andre has maps of all the buildings and color coded the different room categories.

Garden view rooms are located near the lush landscaping and can be very nice and quiet.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:08 AM   #5
momofkids
Mouseketeer

We love POR. I am having a hard time convincing my husband to try a different resort.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #6
tcherjen
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone!! I had orginally booked CSR business class for the light breakfast and evening snacks. The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to stay at POR. I think my 6 year old will love it there. We are super excited and counting down the days.

medhdd7ds16 dd19

http://www.pinterest.com/tcherjen/
tcherjen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: