Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 02:35 AM   #61
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Catching up on your amazing pictures.

Firstly, I love that special spot for you and Tracy at Estes Park. That's so nice to have a spot to come back to for all your momentous moments in your relationship. Kudos to you both.

Your pictures of the Aspens are making me really excited about my trip in September. We'll be in the Durango area in the last week of September and I'm really hoping to see wonderful colours like what you've gotten. I know it can be hit and miss depending on the weather....but I'm hoping.

Love the pumpkin Duffy!! Great job!
We've loved having a fun place to go to for all of our special occasions. Estes is beautiful and the perfect small town, too, so we've been glad it's "our place."

Hopefully you'll get great fall colors this year too! I'm sure the scenery will be gorgeous regardless though.

Glad you like Pumpkin Duffy. I was proud of my handiwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgoinab View Post
Can I just say, I am loving your life updates!

I read your trip reports, and now am hooked, hooked, on your life updates

I am rooting for you two kids (I say that cause I am way older then you, not because you are kids, you are adults lol )

I hope you continue to post about your adventures, and also, you two seem to be very much each other's best friend, and it really shows.
I'm so glad you're enjoying this report! I have to admit that it's sometimes even more fun to write this one than the actual trip reports, though I thoroughly enjoy writing both.

I'll definitely continue to keep you all up to date on whatever shenanigans we get up to. Tracy and I really are best friends, and I'm glad to be able to share our life adventures with you out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post

This made me laugh pretty hard! Sounds like she has such a personality!!

Awh you guys are such a cute couple! I love how much these spots mean to you both and how much history is there!

I think that is the best way to live, otherwise you spend you life wondering...

That picture of the canopy of trees is amazing! It just looks so lovely there!
Stewy is definitely quite unique. We miss having her around now!

We love all of our spots in Estes and around CO, and it's just great having places with sentimental attachment to visit when we're home.

I'm glad you like the pictures. It's really a very beautiful place year-round, though we caught some especially great beauty during autumn.
1987 - WDW Visit in the Womb * 1990 - First WDW Visit * 1993 - First DLR Visit * March 1996 - Family Reunion at Treehouse Villas * March 1999 - Family Vacation at Treehouse Villas * March 2005 - One Day at MK with Friends * May 2008 - First Visit with then girlfriend (now wife) at POP * June 2010 - Disneymoon at Best Western LBV * Sept 2011 - Return to Disneyland at PP * May 2012 - Grand Prize WDW Radio Trip at POR Royal Room * November 2012 - Move to CA to become DLR locals!

Can We Move Here and Be Pancho’s Handlers? A Sept '11 Throwback Disneyland Trip Report
Duffy is Going to be ECSTATIC! a.k.a. Thank God She Was Jewish - May '12 WDW Trip Report
We Moved to Disneyland!! Now What…? Stories from New DLR Locals
tayalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #62
DisneytheKid
A bad attempt at Billy the Kid

Thanks for all the great stories! I'm really enjoying reading along
Countless times during the 80's and 90's
DisneytheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #63
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneytheKid View Post
Thanks for all the great stories! I'm really enjoying reading along
Thanks for reading! I'm so glad you're enjoying.
1987 - WDW Visit in the Womb * 1990 - First WDW Visit * 1993 - First DLR Visit * March 1996 - Family Reunion at Treehouse Villas * March 1999 - Family Vacation at Treehouse Villas * March 2005 - One Day at MK with Friends * May 2008 - First Visit with then girlfriend (now wife) at POP * June 2010 - Disneymoon at Best Western LBV * Sept 2011 - Return to Disneyland at PP * May 2012 - Grand Prize WDW Radio Trip at POR Royal Room * November 2012 - Move to CA to become DLR locals!

Can We Move Here and Be Pancho’s Handlers? A Sept '11 Throwback Disneyland Trip Report
Duffy is Going to be ECSTATIC! a.k.a. Thank God She Was Jewish - May '12 WDW Trip Report
Old 02-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #64
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Chapter 11
Spooky Scary

With Halloween fast approaching, there were a few fun things we wanted to do in preparation for the holiday. The first actually brought us back up to Estes Park again.

The elk were still out in full force.

We had bought a Groupon for a “Haunted Hayride” at the Elkhorn Lodge, one of the oldest places in Estes Park. The lodge, which has been around since 1874, actually played host to Teddy Roosevelt and Buffalo Bill Cody among many other famous people. And—shocker, I know—it’s supposed to be haunted! As we pulled up and parked at the lodge, some deer passed right by us.

We went into the lobby, which was all decked out for Halloween, to await our hayride. Tracy took a picture with one of the deer heads on the wall. Apparently all the ones on display in this lobby were actually shot by Teddy Roosevelt himself.

The fireplace had a nice roaring fire going on, and was decorated to look very spooky.

This was the view out the picture window in the lobby as the sun set.

These zombie handprints on the door leading outside just seemed like a funny joke until the door opened wide and slammed shut of its own accord. Then it just seemed a little creepy.

The rest of the lobby was equally themed for Halloween. There was a movie playing on the TV all about the various ghost sightings around the lodge.

And here’s another of Teddy’s deer lurking above the fireplace. Spooky!

I don’t have any pictures from the actual hayride itself, so hopefully my description can suffice, because the whole thing was RIDICULOUS. First of all, this lodge is also a horse farm. They have riding lessons, and barns full of horses. The picture from the Groupon deal showed a nice hayride with a wagon hitched up to two horses pulling people through a field. Except that Groupon picture must have just been a stock photo, because when it was time for our hayride to start (almost an hour later than our reservation time), we went outside to see not a wagon hitched up to horses, but rather, one connected to a tractor. There would be no horses on this ride through the horse farm.

Already taken aback and wondering what exactly we had gotten ourselves into, Tracy and I grabbed our seats on the wagon. It was a really cold night, so we were lucky we had thought to bundle up as much as we did. In heavy down jackets, hats, scarves, gloves, and with a blanket on our laps, we were comfortable. There were people on the ride with us wearing just sweatshirts; they were not comfortable. Once the wagon was loaded up, it was supposed to be time to go—except the tractor wouldn’t start. The driver valiantly tried many times to get the ancient tractor’s engine to turn over, but to no avail. So a pickup truck was driven over to jumpstart the tractor. As I’m sure you can imagine, this gave us a lot of confidence in the tractor’s ability to tow not just a heavy wagon but one loaded down with at least fifteen people.

After a few false starts, we finally started off on our way. As we began to drive off around the property, we quickly realized that the reason this was the “haunted hayride” was because the organizers had recruited some of the local kids to dress up in costume to jump out and scare us at various points along the path. These kids, in addition to a few other token locals, joined in the fun and hid in the shadows as they waited to pop out. Our favorite was the middle-aged gal who was dressed as a chef. She appeared behind our wagon several times throughout our ride shouting “Aauggh, I’m going to cook you on my grill.” The first time she appeared, she was wielding a meat cleaver. While you would expect that it would have been a fake, plastic cleaver in a situation like this, that wasn’t how the characters rolled on this hayride. Instead, it was a real meat cleaver that she brought down against the side of the wagon as we wheeled by. The chef was followed up by several kids dressed as Jason or Freddy Krueger or various monsters. They always popped up and yelled loudly before half-heartedly chasing after our trailer. They couldn’t ACTUALLY chase after it because it was moving extremely slowly and they would have caught us quite easily.

As the tractor turned a corner and wound around behind the main lodge building, we had our one and only horse sighting of the trip. There was a headless horseman atop a black steed, who was actually quite impressive. Unfortunately, we only saw him for a few seconds before we were too far past and he disappeared back into the dark. Up ahead, we saw that the next part of our hayride took us up a relatively steep hill. As we started going up, even at the slightest grade, it became clear that our decrepit tractor was not looking forward to this journey. Making our way up the hill, I think the tractor stalled a solid three or four times. Every time this happened for a few seconds, you could feel our trailer threatening to fall backwards down the hill. I won’t pretend that there weren’t a few moments where I pictured our having to jump off a runaway trailer lest we crashed into something on our way down. Miraculously, the tractor finally chugged to the top of the hill. It was straight out of The Little Engine that Could. Once we reached the top of the hill, we saw that there were some mounds of dirt up there masquerading as freshly dug graves. Probably not worth all the effort to make it up the hill, but fun nonetheless.

It was around this point in the tour that we began to hear those people around us start to complain about how incredibly lame this hayride was. I can’t blame the people who paid full price, honestly. Had we not gotten the Groupon, this experience would have cost us $15 per person—and there were several families of four taking rides. Luckily, our voucher only cost $15 for the two of us, and we thought the whole experience was hilarious. We couldn’t stop laughing at just how ridiculous the whole ride was.

After making our way through the “graveyard,” we immediately went back down the hill we had struggled so to climb. The tractor handled the descent a lot better. As we approached the end of our hayride, our old pal the chef popped up for a third time. This time, she was wielding a set of salad tongs. “Aauggh, I’m going to cook you on my grill,” she proclaimed yet again, and halfheartedly chased after us. “What are you gonna do with those tweezers?” taunted back one of the young ruffians riding our wagon. At this, the chef broke character completely and responded, “I broke my cleaver hitting it against the wagon.” It was all the perfect end to this amazing hayride. Disembarking from our trailer, we headed back into the lodge for a minute to grab some complimentary hot chocolate. We made our way back to the car and headed home, still slightly in disbelief that the whole night had been real. The funniest thing about the hayride was the fact that it’s not like it was a one-night event, nor were we there on their “opening night.” No, this was something they were offering several nights a week all throughout October, so I can’t even imagine what kinds of shenanigans happened every other night. I would be shocked if that tractor held up through Halloween.

Back home, it was, of course, necessary to prepare for Halloween by buying a costume for our favorite puppy. We raided the Target Halloween section while there was still a pretty good selection and decided on this pumpkin costume.

She was just so adorable, even though she was not a huge fan of the costume. We’ve been trying to dress Stewpot in various outfits for years beginning with jackets and moving onto Halloween costumes. She actually appreciates a good jacket in the winter when she needs it for the warmth, but she still likes to try to shake off any article of clothing we put on her. This was our first attempt at a hat, and we knew it was a risky venture, but she actually kept it on pretty well most of the time.

Her ears went through little loops in the hat and it tightened under her chin. She would often try to shake it off right after we put it on her, but if it stayed on through the initial shake, she generally just let it be from there. Our most successful venture was taking her for an entire walk with the costume on. She made it all the way around the block successfully and then posed very nicely for a picture.

We rewarded Stupey’s effort with the costume by letting her sit on our laps in the recliner chairs. She’s definitely not allowed up on the furniture, but Tracy and I were housesitting for a long weekend while her parents visited Steve, so we bent the rules just a little bit. How could you say no to this little angel?

Right before Halloween came my birthday, so we celebrated in style. After two days full of gatherings with both sides of my family, Tracy and I spent the morning of my actual birthday with just the two of us since her parents were in CA. I woke up to find lots of presents under the “tree.”

That birthday card from Tracy features Stewy herself on the front. She’s quite the party animal.

I made out quite well with my presents from Tracy. Most of them were Disney related—just the way I like it. My loot included: a Gryffindor scarf and gloves, a Mickey Waffle air freshener for the car, two Disney t-shirts, a Dumbo Vinylmation, and the Nana figurine from the Jim Shore Disney collection that we have been acquiring for a while. Good set of birthday gifts.

After lunch, Tracy went to our friend Lainey’s baby shower and I went to spend some time with my mom. Tracy and I reconvened for dinner, however, at another of our favorite Boulder restaurants—The Med.

They have a delicious happy hour with a cheap tapas menu, so we got some fantastic food to share including a hearty Margherita Pizza for $4 as well as delicious Falafel balls, Fried Artichoke Hearts, and Spinach Artichoke Dip.

We topped off the night with this delicious Bundt cake that Tracy made for me. Notice Duffy’s frosting visage.

A few days after my birthday, Halloween came at last. I had contracted a stomach bug in the interim, so between that and my dysautonomia symptoms being extra bad, I was not feeling well while celebrating the holiday. I still tried my best to get into the spirit, however, and chose my own pumpkin costume to match Stewy and Duffy.

Tracy was a raccoon to match Meeko.

We watched It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown in between handing out candy to trick-or-treaters. Way more children came to the house than I was used to getting in the last few years we lived in CO. It was fun to give out candy, since we never had gotten to while we lived in NY.

With the passing of Halloween, October was officially over. Another month in Colorado completed, we knew that it was almost time for us to actually head to California. We just really wanted me to start feeling at least a little better first.

Overview of October 2012

Best Disney Movie We Watched
Pooh’s Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin (Tracy had never seen this one before and it was one of my favorites growing up. She wasn’t very exposed to Pooh as a child, so we’ve watched several of the Pooh films over the years to introduce her more thoroughly)

Worst Movie We Watched
Monte Carlo (Starring half the cast of Gossip Girl, Selena Gomez, and Finn Hudson)
Jeff, Who Lives at Home (This one wasn’t bad per se; it was just a little too bizarre for our taste)

Best Restaurant Discovery
The Hungry Toad (We went to this English pub in Boulder because Tracy’s parents had a Groupon, and found out it was delicious. They made some of the best Bangers and Mash I’ve ever had, so we went back again before leaving CO)

Worst Food-Related Experience
Long John Silver’s (We refer to this restaurant chain as “Greasy Chicken” among the family because that’s what they specialize in—the most disgusting fried food imaginable. Nonetheless, sometimes that’s what you’re in the mood for. After eating here this time, however, we might never be back. Not only was it greasier than ever, but all of us felt sick for several hours after the meal)

Book I Read
The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling (I think this book has gotten quite the bad rap on sites like Goodreads and Amazon because the people who gave it one star should never have picked it up in the first place. The summary makes it very clear that it is going to be nothing like Harry Potter despite being written by J.K. Rowling. I’ll be honest that the book wasn’t exactly my cup of tea, but this book was expertly written and had the same style that we all love about Rowling’s writing. The cheeky humor and fantastic character development were right up my alley; I just generally prefer books that aren’t as depressing as this one was)

Favorite Guilty-Pleasure TV Show
Jersey Shore: The Final Season (I don’t have much of an excuse for this one. We started watching Jersey Shore when it was all the rage a few years ago, and kept watching despite our better judgment. Now we had to tune in to see how it all ended)

Food of the Month
Pulled Pork Sandwich from Georgia Boys BBQ in Longmont, CO (This place has fantastic barbeque and was one of our favorite restaurants to go back to several times to try almost everything on the menu)

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by tayalltheway; 02-26-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:23 AM   #65
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Aaaawww. You're birthday is near Halloween? Happy Belated Birthday. Love the gryffindor presents.

That sounds like one incredibly lame tractor hayride. Glad you didn't pay full price for it.

You and Tracy dress-up really well.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #66
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Aaaawww. You're birthday is near Halloween? Happy Belated Birthday. Love the gryffindor presents.

That sounds like one incredibly lame tractor hayride. Glad you didn't pay full price for it.

You and Tracy dress-up really well.
Yep, October 28th. Thanks for the belated wishes

The hayride, while unquestionably lame, was totally fun nonetheless purely because of its lameness. I'm glad we didn't pay full price too, but at least it was funny!

Glad you like our costumes. Tracy really wanted to be a raccoon in honor of both Meeko and our raccoon friends from NYC, but we were having the hardest time finding a costume. Finally, at our third or fourth Halloween store, we found that set for less than $10. My costume, on the other hand, was just a jack-o'-lantern shirt from Target, and I think we realized when looking at the receipt a couple days later that they had forgotten to charge us for it. Made our Halloween costumes very cheap!

Old 02-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #67
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Part II
November 2012-Mid-February 2013

Chapter 12
Let’s Get This Show…

Right at the end of October, we had our first snowfall.

I have to admit that we didn’t foresee snow being part of the picture for our year since we had imagined we’d be out of CO long before winter weather came along. Even so, we were still a little excited for the first snow. I think anyone who lives in a climate where it does snow will agree that the first one is always fun; it’s just all those that come after it that start to be a big pain.

Here it is coming down.

Stewy had to snuggle up by the fire.

About a week into November, our pumpkins were still out on the railing, and this fellow came along to eat one of them. He didn’t seem to care that it was getting a little moldy—he was just very proud of himself for finding the pumpkin.

Since we only had a little while left with our best friend Stupey Doodle, we knew we wanted to snuggle with and pet her as often as humanly possible, but we were left with a bit of a conundrum—she was seeming a little dirty. Stinky Stewy seemed like she needed a bath, but she’s been banned from at least one of the local groomers. Though the most docile dog imaginable, she actually bit the groomer last time she went. Hence, she hasn’t been back for a while.

We knew that we could make the experience much less traumatic for Stewpile if we just tried to bathe her at home, so Tracy and I took on the challenge in the middle of one November day. Luring her into the bathtub, we washed Stupey as gently and quickly as we could. She definitely didn’t like it. She was shaking the whole time, and tried to climb out on several different occasions, but she survived. When we finally picked her up out of the tub, she tried running away so fast that she slipped on the hardwood floor and face-planted in the midst of her escape efforts. But since it was a warm day, she was able to air dry pretty quickly. Here’s our little wet rat, looking just adorable.

The first week of November was a really weird time for us. We knew we were about ready to go but needed to settle on an exact date and time to head out. Maybe I should step back a bit and explain exactly how our moving plans had taken shape during October. Originally, we had to make a pretty simple decision: Tracy’s parents were going to be visiting Steve in L.A. for the long weekend of October 25th thru 30th. They needed to know whether we were going to be there to dog-sit for Stupey or not. Without too much deliberation, it seemed pretty clear that we weren’t in enough of a rush to head out that we would be gone before that time. The one hitch was that the Disney Auditions site had posted a face-character audition for October 28th, so if Tracy wanted to go to that, we would have to make it out there by then. In the end, we made the decision that there would always be another audition—not necessarily as true as it seemed at the time, but we’ll get to that later—so we planned to head out right around the beginning of November. After all, we still didn’t want to have to register our car in CO.

As time passed in October, and we began trying to plan exactly when we would arrive in CA if we started the move on November 1st, we realized there was a snag in our plan. Rather than arriving just in the nick of time to register Dumbo before his temporary plates expired, our leaving at the beginning of November would have had us trying to register our car in CA without having a permanent address yet. We couldn’t imagine them taking very kindly to our putting a hotel as the place we lived. It was an annoying decision financially, but we just caved and registered in CO. And now, suddenly, our fixed deadline was gone. We knew when we wanted to leave, but we didn’t HAVE to go by a certain date anymore.

Thus, we always felt like we were right on the edge of making our life-changing move, but unable to decide exactly when to bite the bullet and go. We began planning our departure based on what days we wanted to be in hotels in each city. The main factor was Las Vegas. Since we were going to be staying for a night in Sin City, we knew the hotel rates would be way worse there on the weekends. We narrowed it down to the best day for us to leave being either Saturday or Sunday. We had all but planned to get out of Dodge (okay, Boulder) on November 3rd or 4th, but I really wasn’t feeling great going into that weekend. So we pushed it back another week.

And finally, it began to feel right. I don’t know exactly which factors influenced it, but I began to feel pretty decent. I made it through a couple days back at that state of almost-equilibrium that I call “the new normal.” So we were all ready to depart on Saturday, November 10th. Then the weather changed for the worse. A light snow was in the forecast for the weekend in Boulder, but Boulder’s weather was no longer what really mattered. We were heading due west for the first part of our journey, which meant a trip straight through the Rocky Mountains. A general rule in CO is that if there’s any amount of snow on the Front Range, the snow in the mountains is much worse.

Normally, a little snow wouldn’t bother us. Even driving, we’ve made it through many snowstorms growing up in CO. Dumbo, however, was equipped with a brand new set of highway tires. The mechanic who looked over our car noted the fact that while the tires were new, we’d probably need to replace them with snow tires to survive a CO winter as they had almost no tread in them at all. Since we didn’t intend to be in CO for the winter, we didn’t think this would be an issue—and it wouldn’t have been, if we didn’t need to drive through the snowy mountains. In the end, we considered our options. The weekend was supposed to be the worst in terms of the weather in the mountains, so we decided to push our departure back one final time to Monday. This still put us in Vegas on a weekday and in California with plenty of time before our phone interviews on Friday (I’ll get back to that later). Still, we didn’t know exactly what we’d find in the mountains, especially at the sometimes-treacherous Vail Pass. It didn’t seem quite safe to go up there totally unprepared to face snow. We decided to buy a set of chains for our tires, just in case. It was a bit of a nightmare finding chains, learning how to put them on the car out in the snow, and then packing them away knowing full well we might not need them at all, but we did it.

And finally it was officially upon us—our last day in Boulder. I’d like to pretend we got to do a bunch of fun “Bouldery” things on our last day, but really we spent the entire day packing.

Getting everything into suitcases, boxes, and occasionally bags was the first difficult part of packing. Not only did we have a lot of “stuff” just in terms of clothes and the other possessions we didn’t entrust to the UBox, but we had also picked up quite a bit more during our three months in CO.

The next, much more dubious task was packing the car. Our little hatchback has a lot of storage space, but we knew we would have to use every ounce of it on this journey. On top of the luggage, we also wanted to transport Tracy’s bike out with us. The most space-conscious way to do this, we realized, was to put the bike, sans front tire, standing in the middle of the rear of the car, and to carefully arrange everything else around it. The whole process involved several bungee cords, a few tarps and blankets, and a lot of rearranging, but almost everything fit—miraculously. I wish I had ever gotten a really good picture of the madness, but this is the best one I could manage. Here's a look back from the front seat at a very full Dumbo.

On our last night before heading out, we went to dinner with Tracy’s parents and my mom and grandma. It was a nice sendoff from Boulder as we prepared to jump headfirst into the next adventure that was just about to begin.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by tayalltheway; 03-06-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:31 AM   #68
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

Glad you managed to get everything packed up in Dumbo. Really looking forward to hearing about the next part of your adventures. You got some lovely pictures of the snow. We don't get a huge amount of snow here but when it snows its causes chaos as we're really not equipped for it, we saw our first snow plough this year which was really exciting!!
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

tinkerbells mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #69
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

We saw you guys in DCA today!! It was so weird, I had just finished telling my BF that someone on the DIS boards called Duffy a simpleton because I think that is very funny, then we start walking over the bridge away from the carnival area and there you two were!

I panicked and didn't say anything, I feel like I know you very well but you barely know me. lol.
OhioStateBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #70
Luisa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye
I panicked and didn't say anything, I feel like I know you very well but you barely know me. lol.
I would do the same! Would love to have the guts to say 'hey, thanks for sharing your adventures!' but I'd be worried about coming across as some sort of looney!!
Dec '99 & Dec '05 - Disneyland, Oct '08 - Disneyland Hong Kong, Dec '09 - WDW, 2011 - turned 40 at Disneyland in January!, Dec '11 - Tokyo Disneyland, Dec '12 WDW & Disneyland, Nov 2013 Return to Disneyland!, Nov/Dec 2015 -my mums first Disney experience - both coasts!
Luisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:38 AM   #71
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbells mum View Post
Glad you managed to get everything packed up in Dumbo. Really looking forward to hearing about the next part of your adventures. You got some lovely pictures of the snow. We don't get a huge amount of snow here but when it snows its causes chaos as we're really not equipped for it, we saw our first snow plough this year which was really exciting!!
It was almost an impossible feat packing Dumbo full, and once we did, we left almost everything in there each night we were on the road (even though we knew we were risking getting broken into) just because I don't think we could have repacked it. Glad you liked seeing some snow. Obviously we haven't gotten any snow here in SoCal either. I can't imagine what people would do if it did happen! Hope you enjoy hearing about our travels out here and everything we've been doing since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post
We saw you guys in DCA today!! It was so weird, I had just finished telling my BF that someone on the DIS boards called Duffy a simpleton because I think that is very funny, then we start walking over the bridge away from the carnival area and there you two were!

Oh my gosh, that's so exciting that we were spotted! I wish you had said hi!! If you see us again, definitely say something because we'd love to meet you.

I hope you had a great day at the parks. Weren't the weather/crowds awesome today? We went from rope drop till post-closing at the AP extra hours in Fantasyland this evening, so we're a little exhausted but had a lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisa View Post
I would do the same! Would love to have the guts to say 'hey, thanks for sharing your adventures!' but I'd be worried about coming across as some sort of looney!!
If the situation ever arises, please come up and say hi! I feel like I probably come across as some sort of looney all the time on here, so I won't think you're weird. Tracy and I were just talking about how we'd love to get to meet some of our readers now that we get to go to the parks.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:27 AM   #72
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Snow at the end of October? WOW!

It must have been kinda sad to leave CO. Here's to CA!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #73
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayalltheway View Post

Oh my gosh, that's so exciting that we were spotted! I wish you had said hi!! If you see us again, definitely say something because we'd love to meet you.

I hope you had a great day at the parks. Weren't the weather/crowds awesome today? We went from rope drop till post-closing at the AP extra hours in Fantasyland this evening, so we're a little exhausted but had a lot of fun.
Well today we are headed out to Anza Borrego for hiking, then Friday will be going to see the baby panda at the SD zoo, but Saturday night (my birthday) we'll be back and Sunday will be in the parks all day, are you guys coming Sunday??

We had an awesome park day. We did the hotel early morning hour at DCA and got to do RSR and the mater ride with very small waits, did TSMM with 0 min wait. I heard about the AP extra fantasyland hours and I was very jealous. We still haven't made it to Peter Pan.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #74
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

If anyone was wondering, we did manage to meet up for a few minutes

Taylor and Tracy couldn't have been cuter or nicer. I am sorry we only had a few minutes to talk, and I also apologize if I was weird. It was our last night of the trip so we were experiencing the patented Disney exhaustion/craziness of trying to fit in everything we wanted.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #75
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Looking at your pics. Love the Duffy pumpkin.
petals is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: