Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 02:35 AM   #61
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Catching up on your amazing pictures.

Firstly, I love that special spot for you and Tracy at Estes Park. That's so nice to have a spot to come back to for all your momentous moments in your relationship. Kudos to you both.

Your pictures of the Aspens are making me really excited about my trip in September. We'll be in the Durango area in the last week of September and I'm really hoping to see wonderful colours like what you've gotten. I know it can be hit and miss depending on the weather....but I'm hoping.

Love the pumpkin Duffy!! Great job!
We've loved having a fun place to go to for all of our special occasions. Estes is beautiful and the perfect small town, too, so we've been glad it's "our place."

Hopefully you'll get great fall colors this year too! I'm sure the scenery will be gorgeous regardless though.

Glad you like Pumpkin Duffy. I was proud of my handiwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgoinab View Post
Can I just say, I am loving your life updates!

I read your trip reports, and now am hooked, hooked, on your life updates

I am rooting for you two kids (I say that cause I am way older then you, not because you are kids, you are adults lol )

I hope you continue to post about your adventures, and also, you two seem to be very much each other's best friend, and it really shows.
I'm so glad you're enjoying this report! I have to admit that it's sometimes even more fun to write this one than the actual trip reports, though I thoroughly enjoy writing both.

I'll definitely continue to keep you all up to date on whatever shenanigans we get up to. Tracy and I really are best friends, and I'm glad to be able to share our life adventures with you out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post

This made me laugh pretty hard! Sounds like she has such a personality!!

Awh you guys are such a cute couple! I love how much these spots mean to you both and how much history is there!

I think that is the best way to live, otherwise you spend you life wondering...

That picture of the canopy of trees is amazing! It just looks so lovely there!
Stewy is definitely quite unique. We miss having her around now!

We love all of our spots in Estes and around CO, and it's just great having places with sentimental attachment to visit when we're home.

I'm glad you like the pictures. It's really a very beautiful place year-round, though we caught some especially great beauty during autumn.
1987 - WDW Visit in the Womb * 1990 - First WDW Visit * 1993 - First DLR Visit * March 1996 - Family Reunion at Treehouse Villas * March 1999 - Family Vacation at Treehouse Villas * March 2005 - One Day at MK with Friends * May 2008 - First Visit with then girlfriend (now wife) at POP * June 2010 - Disneymoon at Best Western LBV * Sept 2011 - Return to Disneyland at PP * May 2012 - Grand Prize WDW Radio Trip at POR Royal Room * November 2012 - Move to CA to become DLR locals!

Can We Move Here and Be Pancho’s Handlers? A Sept '11 Throwback Disneyland Trip Report
Duffy is Going to be ECSTATIC! a.k.a. Thank God She Was Jewish - May '12 WDW Trip Report
We Moved to Disneyland!! Now What…? Stories from New DLR Locals
tayalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #62
DisneytheKid
A bad attempt at Billy the Kid

Thanks for all the great stories! I'm really enjoying reading along
Countless times during the 80's and 90's
DisneytheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #63
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneytheKid View Post
Thanks for all the great stories! I'm really enjoying reading along
Thanks for reading! I'm so glad you're enjoying.
1987 - WDW Visit in the Womb * 1990 - First WDW Visit * 1993 - First DLR Visit * March 1996 - Family Reunion at Treehouse Villas * March 1999 - Family Vacation at Treehouse Villas * March 2005 - One Day at MK with Friends * May 2008 - First Visit with then girlfriend (now wife) at POP * June 2010 - Disneymoon at Best Western LBV * Sept 2011 - Return to Disneyland at PP * May 2012 - Grand Prize WDW Radio Trip at POR Royal Room * November 2012 - Move to CA to become DLR locals!

Can We Move Here and Be Pancho’s Handlers? A Sept '11 Throwback Disneyland Trip Report
Duffy is Going to be ECSTATIC! a.k.a. Thank God She Was Jewish - May '12 WDW Trip Report
Old 02-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #64
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Chapter 11
Spooky Scary

Click here to read more.

Last edited by tayalltheway; 08-05-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:23 AM   #65
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Aaaawww. You're birthday is near Halloween? Happy Belated Birthday. Love the gryffindor presents.

That sounds like one incredibly lame tractor hayride. Glad you didn't pay full price for it.

You and Tracy dress-up really well.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #66
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Aaaawww. You're birthday is near Halloween? Happy Belated Birthday. Love the gryffindor presents.

That sounds like one incredibly lame tractor hayride. Glad you didn't pay full price for it.

You and Tracy dress-up really well.
Yep, October 28th. Thanks for the belated wishes

The hayride, while unquestionably lame, was totally fun nonetheless purely because of its lameness. I'm glad we didn't pay full price too, but at least it was funny!

Glad you like our costumes. Tracy really wanted to be a raccoon in honor of both Meeko and our raccoon friends from NYC, but we were having the hardest time finding a costume. Finally, at our third or fourth Halloween store, we found that set for less than $10. My costume, on the other hand, was just a jack-o'-lantern shirt from Target, and I think we realized when looking at the receipt a couple days later that they had forgotten to charge us for it. Made our Halloween costumes very cheap!

Old 02-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #67
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Part II
November 2012-Mid-February 2013

Chapter 12
Let’s Get This Show…

Click here to read more.

Last edited by tayalltheway; 08-06-2014 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:31 AM   #68
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

Glad you managed to get everything packed up in Dumbo. Really looking forward to hearing about the next part of your adventures. You got some lovely pictures of the snow. We don't get a huge amount of snow here but when it snows its causes chaos as we're really not equipped for it, we saw our first snow plough this year which was really exciting!!
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

tinkerbells mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #69
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

We saw you guys in DCA today!! It was so weird, I had just finished telling my BF that someone on the DIS boards called Duffy a simpleton because I think that is very funny, then we start walking over the bridge away from the carnival area and there you two were!

I panicked and didn't say anything, I feel like I know you very well but you barely know me. lol.
OhioStateBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #70
Luisa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye
I panicked and didn't say anything, I feel like I know you very well but you barely know me. lol.
I would do the same! Would love to have the guts to say 'hey, thanks for sharing your adventures!' but I'd be worried about coming across as some sort of looney!!
Dec '99 & Dec '05 - Disneyland, Oct '08 - Disneyland Hong Kong, Dec '09 - WDW, 2011 - turned 40 at Disneyland in January!, Dec '11 - Tokyo Disneyland, Dec '12 WDW & Disneyland, Nov 2013 Return to Disneyland!, Nov/Dec 2015 -my mums first Disney experience - both coasts!
Luisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:38 AM   #71
tayalltheway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbells mum View Post
Glad you managed to get everything packed up in Dumbo. Really looking forward to hearing about the next part of your adventures. You got some lovely pictures of the snow. We don't get a huge amount of snow here but when it snows its causes chaos as we're really not equipped for it, we saw our first snow plough this year which was really exciting!!
It was almost an impossible feat packing Dumbo full, and once we did, we left almost everything in there each night we were on the road (even though we knew we were risking getting broken into) just because I don't think we could have repacked it. Glad you liked seeing some snow. Obviously we haven't gotten any snow here in SoCal either. I can't imagine what people would do if it did happen! Hope you enjoy hearing about our travels out here and everything we've been doing since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post
We saw you guys in DCA today!! It was so weird, I had just finished telling my BF that someone on the DIS boards called Duffy a simpleton because I think that is very funny, then we start walking over the bridge away from the carnival area and there you two were!

Oh my gosh, that's so exciting that we were spotted! I wish you had said hi!! If you see us again, definitely say something because we'd love to meet you.

I hope you had a great day at the parks. Weren't the weather/crowds awesome today? We went from rope drop till post-closing at the AP extra hours in Fantasyland this evening, so we're a little exhausted but had a lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisa View Post
I would do the same! Would love to have the guts to say 'hey, thanks for sharing your adventures!' but I'd be worried about coming across as some sort of looney!!
If the situation ever arises, please come up and say hi! I feel like I probably come across as some sort of looney all the time on here, so I won't think you're weird. Tracy and I were just talking about how we'd love to get to meet some of our readers now that we get to go to the parks.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:27 AM   #72
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Snow at the end of October? WOW!

It must have been kinda sad to leave CO. Here's to CA!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #73
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayalltheway View Post

Oh my gosh, that's so exciting that we were spotted! I wish you had said hi!! If you see us again, definitely say something because we'd love to meet you.

I hope you had a great day at the parks. Weren't the weather/crowds awesome today? We went from rope drop till post-closing at the AP extra hours in Fantasyland this evening, so we're a little exhausted but had a lot of fun.
Well today we are headed out to Anza Borrego for hiking, then Friday will be going to see the baby panda at the SD zoo, but Saturday night (my birthday) we'll be back and Sunday will be in the parks all day, are you guys coming Sunday??

We had an awesome park day. We did the hotel early morning hour at DCA and got to do RSR and the mater ride with very small waits, did TSMM with 0 min wait. I heard about the AP extra fantasyland hours and I was very jealous. We still haven't made it to Peter Pan.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #74
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran

If anyone was wondering, we did manage to meet up for a few minutes

Taylor and Tracy couldn't have been cuter or nicer. I am sorry we only had a few minutes to talk, and I also apologize if I was weird. It was our last night of the trip so we were experiencing the patented Disney exhaustion/craziness of trying to fit in everything we wanted.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #75
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Looking at your pics. Love the Duffy pumpkin.
petals is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: