Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
Daisyand2goofygirls
Earning My Ears

Hey Mom! I wanto to go to GradNite!

I love Disney and I love reading the DIS Boards. I've been reading them since 2003 and I finally got the nerve to attempt a pre-trip report. So here goes........be gentle.

A little back story:
My family has lived in Oregon since 1997. My husband and I grew up in California and got to experience Disneyland through out our childhood. I soon realized that I need to introduce my children to Disneyland so they could experience the same magic that we did. So our first family trip was for 1 day in 1998, then 4 days in 2005, 5 days in 2009, and 7 days in 2012!

On To Our Current Trip:
My Oldest DD17 is graduating this year. She approached me one day and said...."Mom I want to go to GradNite at Disneyland!" My first thought was ...we live in Oregon your school doesn't do that My second thought...there must be a away...after all it is Disney
Me being an extra cool mom and of course looking for any reason to go to the LAND started to do some research. First Stop....DIS Boards!

I recalled reading about the Y.E.S. programs and individuals being able to participate (compliments of the DIS). So, I thought why not and shot and e-mail to Disney Youth. I explained to them our situation (being unfortunately far from Disney) and that I would hate for a few kids to miss out on GradNite. They agreed and granted us permission to attend GradNite

The Planning Begins:
We were approved for GradNite on May 18th YEAH! So, it's me and DD17. DD17:Mom wouldn't it be great to introduce Disney to my poor unfortunate friend who has lived in Oregon her whole life (aka my honorary 3rd child?
Me: Why yes it would!

The Snowball Begins
:
Now it's DD17, DDBFF18 and me. Fly down, one night at free hotel room (reward nights) GradNite and home.

DD14: Mom I want to go!
Me: Why not? Hmmm she'll need a ride buddy! Oh no! My poor 12 year old Nephew has never been to Disneyland and his 13th birthday is the day before we leave. Oh my!

After a few phone calls and one very happy little boy we have a new plan. Five people, fly down, two nights at free hotel room (reward nights) GradNite, 1 day at Disneyland and home.

But wait there's more!
Old 03-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
yupikgal
DIS Veteran

We will be there in June, I have a 17 yr old son who is graduating this year, and initially his girlfriend who is also graduating was going, in fact, I'm still not sure that she's not, but right now they are taking a "break" from each other, so who knows? Anyway, more recently, my daughter decided she wants to come along too, so there will be 3 of us for sure, and possibly 4! Not to mention my brother, sister in law, their daughter and granddaughter are coming, along with a last minute cousin! Of course not everyone can get in, but now that I know that you are able to get in with your kids, I may have to try for mine! They love staying out late, and since DCA will be closing early for grad nites for 2 of the 3 nights we will be there (sigh) we might as well try and get in on the action! Which number did you contact them with? Did you have to agree to be their chaperone? thanks for your post!
DL, CA, DD Feb 23-26, 2012 Paradise Pier!!
Going back to DL & Southern California! 5/26-6/10, 2011
Anaheim/Disneyland/Las Vegas! May 21-June 3, 2010
Disneyland, California Adventure (Anaheim) San Diego August 8-12, 13-16, 2009
Disneyworld, D Wonder & Universal Studios: Oct. 2003
Polynesian Resort, Royal Pacific Resort
Disneyland: November 1999
Disneyworld: October 1994

yupikgal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
Daisyand2goofygirls
Earning My Ears

YupiKgal.....I sent an e-mail to this address :DLR Grad Nite <DLR.Grad.Nite@disney.com>;

You have to agree to be a their chaperone or they will not let them attend. Good luck
Old 03-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
Daisyand2goofygirls
Earning My Ears

The snowball is getting bigger !

Now we have added a few more details:
DH decided he wants to go and get this! He thinks we need to make it extra fun for a Graduation and Birthday.

So, now we have a Suite Booked at Paradise Pier (Concierge Level) for 2 days

And to make it even better.....My best friend from high school and her family are meeting us there. Her DS graduates this year as well. So, he and a friend are coming.

Our Dh's are going to stay with the younger kiddos while my friend and I get to chaperone

Our plans now go like this:
Day 1
Fly into LGB, check in to free room (rewards points) go to the parks.
More details on park plans later on.
Dhs and younger kiddos back to room. Everyone else to Gradnite.

Day 2
Sleep until time too get ready for check out (Partying til 3 am takes a lot out of a girl!). Brunch with friends and say good-bye. Check in to Paradise Pier, spend day at the hotel and exploring Downtown Disney. Special surprise Birthday Dinner for Nephew at Rain Forest Cafe. Enjoy Theme View in our Suite!

Day 3
Hit the parks!

Day 4
Return to the real world
Old 04-01-2013, 10:59 PM   #5
Daisyand2goofygirls
Earning My Ears

Getting excited!
Paid for the park tickets today and the hotel is almost paid off. I also exchanged "MyPoints" for 2 $50 gift cards to Rain Forrest Cafe,plus
I have $25 on my Landry Select Card and I just bought the $10 deal for Landry's from Saveology for a total of $135 to use for our Surprise Dinner at Rain Forrest Cafe.
Now I'm waiting for the schedule to come up for our dates so I can plan some more
Old 04-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #6
Jaina
Actually, my name is Sara. It's a long story...

This sounds so awesome! I'm excited to hear how it all goes!

Disneyland fanatic,(that would be me) wonderful DH, DS (6) and DD1 (5) and DD2 (2.5)!
Disney Trips:
5/86-3 years old-the first one!, 5/89, 5/91, 5/93, 6/95, 5/97, 7/98 (WDW! FBLA Nationals-WDW Dolphin), 5/99, 3/00-Senior Trip, 6/01-first time to DCA too, 7/03, 3/05(double family trip when we were engaged), 12/05 (with girlfriends), 3/06 with DH (8 wks pregnant...), 6/09 with DH, 2/13: 1st trip with our kids! (Trip report, including Pre-trip)) Quick one-day DL only trip with my 9 month-old and friends - 9/11/14!!
Jaina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #7
Daisyand2goofygirls
Earning My Ears

WooHoo!

I just made the final payment on our package Ilove having the whole trip paid for before we go!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #8
Daisyand2goofygirls
Earning My Ears

We got our Grad Nite tickets and Photopass Plus in the mail yesterday. Now we are waiting for the rest of our vaction documents.

I also ordered our matching T-shirts (at my nephew's request). He said, "Please can we have matching shirts. I want the full experiance!" lol Warms and Auntie's heart

Only 30 more days
Old 04-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #9
Daisyand2goofygirls
Earning My Ears

please delete

We got our Grad Nite tickets and Photopass Plus in the mail yesterday. Now we are waiting for the rest of our vaction documents.

I also ordered our matching T-shirts (at my nephew's request). He said, "Please can we have matching shirts. I want the full experiance!" lol Warms and Auntie's heart

Only 30 more days

Last edited by Daisyand2goofygirls; 04-23-2013 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Double post
Daisyand2goofygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #10
Daisyand2goofygirls
Earning My Ears

Too cute!

My nephew sent me a picture yesterday. He got the bands on his braces in Mickey Colors. Soooo cute!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #11
Daisyand2goofygirls
Earning My Ears

Only 5 days until we leave.

I have started packing and have all of our dining reservations.
We got our Vacation package in the mail a couple of weeks ago. The tickets are the credit card type with a different character from "Cars" on each. So, cute!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #12
aussie shaz
DIS Veteran

We leave in 5 days too!
Have started packing and am getting very excited.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #13
Daisyand2goofygirls
Earning My Ears

Cool! Its so hard to concentrate in anything but the trip right now . Lol

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: