DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #3406
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

We were in HH BLdg 14, was more than perfect! Last bus stop out and we would get off the first stop coming home, walk across the bridge thru the main bldg and HOME....what a great location...
Old 02-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #3407
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy welcher View Post
Are the people fishing using their own supplies or can they be rented?
Don't know the answer to that, when we lucked out with the villa in 46, we just drove to Walmart and picked up a couple of poles!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #3408
Joben
Mouseketeer

So one thing I'm looking forward to is the gurgling suitcase! I will be there so soon. I love watching college basketball at the suitcase

Old 02-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #3409
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joben View Post
So one thing I'm looking forward to is the gurgling suitcase! I will be there so soon. I love watching college basketball at the suitcase
Basketball not so much, but Oh I do love the Turtle Krawl !

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
Old 02-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #3410
TinkerbelleMom
Mom to 3 Princesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb1972 View Post
Hello,

We toured OKW before purchasing DVC resale, but we haven't stayed there yet. For an upcoming trip we have a HH studio. I thought bldgs 23-24 looked like a good location across from the main pool and not too near a noisy bus stop. Anyone stayed in 23 or 24? Are there better locations? FYI traveling with kids ages 11 & 8.
Thanks!
We stayed in 2323, a dedicated 2 br on the 2nd floor. It was our first DVC experience on rented points, and we thought it was perfect. The peninsula rd bus stop was right in front of the bldg, and the wall to HH was less than 5 min. I'm a lite sleeper, and it seemed very quiet to me. I didn't notice the busses, but could hear the golf carts a bit in the early morning. Not enough to wake me up, I was awake and reading already.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:41 AM   #3411
Weluvdizney2
Mouseketeer

I hope you guys can help me. I have been to WDW more times than I can count, but never to OKW. We booked through orbitz (also a first), and I was wondering if we get daily housekeeping. Also, we will be in a 1 BR, and I have requested Peninsular Rd close to transportation. Is this a mistake? I don't want lots of noise, and a nice view would be great.
Also, do all of the bathrooms in the 1 BR villas have separate openings from master and living room? I know I have asked a ton of questions...Disney OCD.
Thanks!
Old 02-23-2013, 06:50 AM   #3412
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weluvdizney2 View Post
I hope you guys can help me. I have been to WDW more times than I can count, but never to OKW. We booked through orbitz (also a first), and I was wondering if we get daily housekeeping. Also, we will be in a 1 BR, and I have requested Peninsular Rd close to transportation. Is this a mistake? I don't want lots of noise, and a nice view would be great.
Also, do all of the bathrooms in the 1 BR villas have separate openings from master and living room? I know I have asked a ton of questions...Disney OCD.
Thanks!
Since you are not staying on points you get daily housekeeping.

Peninsular Road near transportation could be noisy or it could be quiet. Peninsular Road is the long road that runs through the resort. This map may help.
Only buildings #30 and higher have the separate door to the bathroom through the laundry.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #3413
Checkers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks!
We were at OKW in Dec. and stayed in the Peninsular Rd. area and loved it. No noise at all and we weren't all that far from the bus stop. We had a view of the golf course. I hope you have a great time and will enjoy OKW as much as we do. Don't forget to use the boat to DTD -- one of the things we love most about staying there.

Upcoming:

BWVs - 9/14-9/18
BWVs - 12/14-12/19
BWVs - 2/14-2/21/15
Old 02-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #3414
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

I don't believe you can get Bldg 23-26 as they are a special HH booking that cannot be cash bookings... You can request Peninsular Road, but it would only mean Bldg 27-28 or 29. I don't know if the Canal view of 45-46 are considered Pen road or South shore. You can request top floor, ground floor...and we always request (which is all it is, a request, no guarantee, even with a cash reservation), top floor, golf course view. ENJOY your visit.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #3415
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
I don't believe you can get Bldg 23-26 as they are a special HH booking that cannot be cash bookings... You can request Peninsular Road, but it would only mean Bldg 27-28 or 29. I don't know if the Canal view of 45-46 are considered Pen road or South shore. You can request top floor, ground floor...and we always request (which is all it is, a request, no guarantee, even with a cash reservation), top floor, golf course view. ENJOY your visit.
Buildings 45 and 46 are considered South Point, but I would request canal view to get those buildings. They are our favorite OKW buildings.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #3416
Weluvdizney2
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for all of the input. I can't tell from the map where the boat to downtown Disney is located.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #3417
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
I can't tell from the map where the boat to downtown Disney is located.
You catch it at the Hospitality House.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #3418
Weluvdizney2
Mouseketeer

Thanks!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:57 AM   #3419
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

never mind.

Last edited by RachelTori; 02-25-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #3420
Joben
Mouseketeer

Are there any "groups" that meet up at the gurgling suitcase? when I have been there before I did notice a group of gentlemen for the most part that seemed to know each other and were enjoying their time drinking at the suitcase. This is purely speculation, but they didn't seem like they had traveled there together but more like they were old friends getting together again. I watched and listened to them a few times and found it charming. something I'm sure my father in law will want to partake in.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: