Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #901
disneydania
Disney-obsessed & Proud of It

I keep getting conflicting answers/reports from friends who've had weddings or events at WDW. So here is my question?

Can a Swan bride have a reception/luncheon/whatever you'd like to call it at a Disney-operated resort... ex: Ariel's, The Attic, a reception room at the Boardwalk?

Family Trips: 04/04 Disneymoon POR, 01/05 Disney BabyMoon BWR, 12/06 Baby's 1st DIS Trip WL, 06/11 Boys' Joint B-day Trip CR, 01/13 Family Holiday Trip BCR

My single days: 1st WDW trip '83, WDW '85, WDW '86, DL '88, WDW '94, WDW '96, WDW '97, WDW '98, WDW '99, DLP '00, WDW '00, WDW '01, WDW '02, WDW '03

disneydania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #902
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydania View Post
I keep getting conflicting answers/reports from friends who've had weddings or events at WDW. So here is my question?

Can a Swan bride have a reception/luncheon/whatever you'd like to call it at a Disney-operated resort... ex: Ariel's, The Attic, a reception room at the Boardwalk?
From my limited understanding, yes, unless the area is reserved for DFTW only. And, some areas, you may not be able to wear your dress. Carrie Hayward (lurkyloo) would know best!

In addition, you would have to contact Disney, and couldn't book it through your S/D planner.
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #903
msbriezyb
Earning My Ears

Smile Swan & Dolphin

Hello me and my FI are looking into a S&D wedding through just marry. Question for old birdes what was your reception? Did you have one? and how was it as far as pricing? we are looking to have between 50-100 people but want to not spennd more than 3,000 on a reception. If we can go less than that would be perfect any help?
msbriezyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:28 PM   #904
SwanBride2015
Getting Married 6/21/2014

Response to MsBriezyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbriezyb View Post
Hello me and my FI are looking into a S&D wedding through just marry. Question for old birdes what was your reception? Did you have one? and how was it as far as pricing? we are looking to have between 50-100 people but want to not spennd more than 3,000 on a reception. If we can go less than that would be perfect any help?
Hi there... My name is Danielle and my FI Mike and I have just booked our wedding at the Swan for next June 21, 2014 through JM. Today actually We too are having 50-100 people as well. We also are trying to stay under 3K too! The best rate we could find was for the Garden Grove Character Buffet at the Swan Dolphin. Other Swan brides have done it there and say it was wonderful! The cost is like 30 a person then taxes, drink. The greatest part is that they have the characters there and you don't have to pay extra. I have heard the food is really good. Other than that... it is hard to find a reception place for 3K and be able to spend less than 30 a person. Not going to happen.. unless you do a breakfast/buffet.

When are you planning the wedding for? TTYL!

Danielle

Disney '89 Camped. Christmas Disney '07 stayed at All Start Sports
SwanBride2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #905
disneydania

Quote:
Well I'm having about 25 guests (perhaps 30) and am looking at about $36 pp plus service charge, taxes and BOC. I'm very close to $2000. This would be a brunch at The Attic. I have NO IDEA how you could swing it for 50 ppl at $3000 let alone 100 guests. Perhaps if you could find a simple breakfast menu or just have cake and champage, you MIGHT be able to swing it.

Just keep in mind that is not just about finding a good price for a plate. You have to remember you're looking at hundreds of dollars in service charges as well as beverage consumption which will also run you several hundred dollars. Reaching your $3000 max is very real. Excedding it is more than likely.

Good luck

Family Trips: 04/04 Disneymoon POR, 01/05 Disney BabyMoon BWR, 12/06 Baby's 1st DIS Trip WL, 06/11 Boys' Joint B-day Trip CR, 01/13 Family Holiday Trip BCR

My single days: 1st WDW trip '83, WDW '85, WDW '86, DL '88, WDW '94, WDW '96, WDW '97, WDW '98, WDW '99, DLP '00, WDW '00, WDW '01, WDW '02, WDW '03

Old 02-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #906
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

I had my reception at the Garden Grove for dinner.. had around 55 people and it was wonderful!! We had a blast-- the food was good but the best part was there characters. At $30/pp + tax, you can't beat it. You can also bring in your own alcohol which helped us save money. We had a discount (DVC) but came under $3k. I think we only spent $2k? Very doable.

I highly recommend it. Service and communication was great as well.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #907
msbriezyb
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwanBride2015 View Post
Hi there... My name is Danielle and my FI Mike and I have just booked our wedding at the Swan for next June 21, 2014 through JM. Today actually We too are having 50-100 people as well. We also are trying to stay under 3K too! The best rate we could find was for the Garden Grove Character Buffet at the Swan Dolphin. Other Swan brides have done it there and say it was wonderful! The cost is like 30 a person then taxes, drink. The greatest part is that they have the characters there and you don't have to pay extra. I have heard the food is really good. Other than that... it is hard to find a reception place for 3K and be able to spend less than 30 a person. Not going to happen.. unless you do a breakfast/buffet.

When are you planning the wedding for? TTYL!
Hello! Ill have to look into Garden Grove. We are looking to book for May 10th 2014 or May 17th 2014 we are still deciding on a few things before depositing! Thanks for the insight!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #908
msbriezyb
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
I had my reception at the Garden Grove for dinner.. had around 55 people and it was wonderful!! We had a blast-- the food was good but the best part was there characters. At $30/pp + tax, you can't beat it. You can also bring in your own alcohol which helped us save money. We had a discount (DVC) but came under $3k. I think we only spent $2k? Very doable.

I highly recommend it. Service and communication was great as well.
WOW! that sounds awesome! Do you know how i can get in contact with Garden Grove?
Old 02-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #909
Laske121314
Earning My Ears

Wedding

I am *hopefully* getting married at the Swan and Dolphin Resort on 12-13-14. Just Marry said I am not able to secure the date until one year out. How are you guys securing your date this far out? I really want that day!!

My fiancé and I are still looking at reception locations. I can't pull up the Garden Grove options. We were looking at Fulton's in Downtown Disney, but they have not been helpful at all.

Despite the wedding at Swan and Dolphin, we are going to get a group rate block of rooms at Disney to also get the ticket discount. But once again, cannot book anything until the one year mark. I'm going to drive myself insane!
Laske121314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:02 AM   #910
FacilierFan
Are you ready?

Well I officially signed my contracts with Diana from JustMarry! & Lindsey for the catering dept @ the Swan. (ahhhhh)

......now what? lol I'm not getting married till September, but I have tons of ideas already. I'm not sure when I should actually get Diana involved with my planning?

Also, can anyone recommend a good photographer for around 6, 8 or 9 hours of coverage? Thank you in advance!
Old 02-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #911
disneydania

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacilierFan View Post
Well I officially signed my contracts with Diana from JustMarry! & Lindsey for the catering dept @ the Swan. (ahhhhh)

......now what? lol I'm not getting married till September, but I have tons of ideas already. I'm not sure when I should actually get Diana involved with my planning?

Also, can anyone recommend a good photographer for around 6, 8 or 9 hours of coverage? Thank you in advance!
Congratulations

I would recommend Randy Chapman. Many of the DIS brides have used his services (my cousin included) and he is praised as being professional, fun and reasonable when it comes to pricing. I've booked him for our Swan vow renewal as well.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #912
disneydania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laske121314 View Post
I am *hopefully* getting married at the Swan and Dolphin Resort on 12-13-14. Just Marry said I am not able to secure the date until one year out. How are you guys securing your date this far out? I really want that day!!

My fiancé and I are still looking at reception locations. I can't pull up the Garden Grove options. We were looking at Fulton's in Downtown Disney, but they have not been helpful at all.

Despite the wedding at Swan and Dolphin, we are going to get a group rate block of rooms at Disney to also get the ticket discount. But once again, cannot book anything until the one year mark. I'm going to drive myself insane!
Well I secured my date and gave a deposit 15 months out. I didn't use Just Marry. I'm using Sunsational Weddings (Christal). Keep trying or get a different planner.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #913
msylvester01
OCD on WDW

Woo! I found a twin! We are getting married 12.13.14 too!

Me (Marie) , DF (The Bruce)
msylvester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #914
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Yay another Swalphin!!!

I got my planner involved starting at the 12 month mark with little things here and there and suggestions but now that I am only about 5 months out it has definitely become more frequent communication between the two of us and how everything works, etc.

For photography we are using Regina Hyman. She is the sweetest and has great photo packages!!!
I also know a lot of brides, like disneydania said, use Randy Chapman. I am not too much of a fan of his photos, but his prices are really reasonable, I would imagine especially if you need coverage for 6+ hours.

There is also Jennifer Werneth who takes great pics and David and Vicki Arndt, who are sooo sweet!!

Good luck!
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #915
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WOW! that sounds awesome! Do you know how i can get in contact with Garden Grove?
I got the name and number from Just Marry. I was working with Simone. Call the Swan and ask for the GG, then leave a message for Simone. That's the best I can do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laske121314 View Post

We were able to secure our date in September of 2011 for December of 2012.

I HIGHLY recommend the Garden Grove. There are really no "options" for GG. It's just the restaurant menu. Check www.wdwinfo.com and then go to dining for the menu.

Quote:

Woohoo! Congrats! Diana was my planner and she is the absolute best!

If I were you, start thinking, saving pictures, pinning ideas on Pinterest, etc. Time will fly and it's a good idea to start making tentative plans. If there's something you KNOW you want and won't change your mind on, email Diana. Start getting rough prices for floral, think about what to get your bridal party.

Have you booked your other vendors?

For photography, I highly suggest Regina Hyman. She is the absolute best in the area.

Videography: Paul Duhon (Diana recommended him for me and he is AMAZING).

Officiant: Rev. Tim

Floral: Diana booked Greenery Productions for us and they produced stunning floral!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: