Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-21-2013, 05:25 PM   #3091
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran
 
Mousemommy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 11,198

Erica...what can I say??? Parents....

They can be so strange, I swear.

I love my mom to death. She is truly a great mom...but...she is one of the most high maintenance people on the earth.

She was coming up here about every 6 months for the longest time, but then those visits got farther apart...and I get it, my grandmother has health issues and my mom also takes care of m niece and nephew alot...she's busy, I get it...but in the past couple of years, we had been going down to see her (in MD) way more often than she came up here....obviously it costs a lot more for four of us to fly down than just one of her to fly up, but whatever. So, maybe you remember the hullabaloo when we got our cat...because she is allergic, and she was in disbelief that we would get a cat when she is allergic....

REALLY?!?!?! Because you hardly come up anyways, and so we are supposed to have a pet free house because you might spend 3-4 days out of the year at our house...um, noooo!

And, what gets me is that when we go down there, she will drag us from relatives house to relatives house even if they have pets....

Obviously I am harboring some resentment here...
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DD10) (DD8) (DS Due 1/12/15!!)



PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is online now  
Old 02-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #3092
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
What he wants, is for you to agree with him. Good to you for not falling into the trap.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Oh, and I only say that because my dad does the same thing to me. I am really close to my mom and told her about it. She said it's just because he wants someone to agree with him that he is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
If it makes you feel any better my kids just got their Christmas cards and gifts from MIL (she refuses to acknowledge that they dont celebrate Christmas and only Hanukkah) in the mail YESTERDAY Last time I checked we are pretty far into February, she could have at least changed them to Valentine's Day presents

Hang in there! I'll post my drink latter so we can we start Happy Hour

Melissa
That is terrible. Almost sounds like she is doing it out of spite. If it were my grandkids, I would want to know everything I could about Hanukkah and ways I could make it special for them. I grew up Southern Baptist, and have always found other religions so interesting.

I had the same kind of grandparents though, so I know how it feels. My dad parent's forgot more of my birthdays than they remembered. Yet they would always have big family birthday parties for my dad's brother's kids. They even went as far as buying more Christmas gifts for them and letting them open them in front of me, and my siblings. They liked my brother and sister a little more than me. The only reasons for our treatment was they weren't happy my dad married my mom. They wanted him to marry the woman his younger brother ended up getting married (and later) divorced to. Then my only crime was to look like my mom's side of the family and not their side.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11 I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!!
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #3093
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

OMG, I just looked at Stevens's card.....she even dated it 2/12/13.....why not lie and date it 12/25/12 and say she forgot or something.



Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 06:01 PM   #3094
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

Thanks so much for listening, ladies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
This year it is weekends from May 17 - June 9.

No worries, you've listened (well read) enough of my family dramas.

I am sorry. Hopefully, they put on their big-girl and boy pants long enough to make Miss M happy and come out for her birthday. What he wants, is for you to agree with him. Good to you for not falling into the trap.
Oooooo, until the first week of June? As much as I'd LOVE to see Stormtroopers overrunning HS, the thought of those crowds makes me . It does make me though.

Yep, you are spot on. I called my mother right after the lovely phone call to my dad. That's exactly what I said to her... all he wants to hear is that someone agrees with him. Unfortunately it won't be me.

See... we just don't do big fancy parties for Miss M. No bouncy castles or loads of friends (because frankly, the idea of that makes my head hurt). I mean, we spoil her rotten with presents, normally take her out to the zoo and lunch and I get to flex my baking prowess with making her a nice cake -- but nothing spectacular. We usually keep it low-key and only invite my parents. So, I know that she'll be especially disappointed to find out they won't be coming if they (my dad) can't be grown ups about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post

Second, HUGE HUGS to you Miss!!! I am so sorry your parents are doing this to you and Miss M It just is not right. Maybe you can talk to your mom and she can talk some sense into your dad

If it makes you feel any better my kids just got their Christmas cards and gifts from MIL (she refuses to acknowledge that they dont celebrate Christmas and only Hanukkah) in the mail YESTERDAY Last time I checked we are pretty far into February, she could have at least changed them to Valentine's Day presents

Hang in there! I'll post my drink latter so we can we start Happy Hour

Melissa
Oh MY with your MIL. Seriously... who does that? Did she grow up not knowing anyone who celebrated Hanukkah or different holidays? Not that it should be an excuse, I just always wonder about folks who don't get that the world is thankfully inhabited by different people and not everyone lives the same way... nor celebrates the same holidays. (Not really in the same vein, but when we were living overseas, I had a helluva time explaining that Thanksgiving or July 4th wasn't celebrated over there. )

Oh yes, with that drink...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post

Miss, big hugs to you! Sweetie you can vent all you like here! Like Wookie said, your Dad needs to grow up…it seems like it is more your Dad than Mom, right?? Time waits for no one, and they better rethink coming to see Miss M for her birthday (who will be crushed I’m sure if her g-rents bail out after they said they would.).

Hey, I’ve got it… Your Mom flies… your dad can drive or take the train….problem solved! would it work??
Janet, my friend... that is a brilliant idea. (It'd probably wind up just my mom comes out if he keeps up his tantrum.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Miss - I went through so much of what you describe, only it was my mom complaining about my dad. I totally get it. I'm sorry that Miss M is being caught in the fray. Ironically, for my folks, it was't until they divorced after 33 years of marriage that they became compatible and enjoyed each other's company again.
You know, with how my parents act toward each other, like belligerent children (more so from my dad though) ... I have wondered if it wouldn't be better for them to be apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
I'm feeling so down today. As it turns out, my oldest son is pretty good friends with one of the boys whose parents had the meth lab. Fortunately they didn't socialize outside of school, but this just reinforces my feelings of discomfort at letting my kids go to the homes of families that I don't know well.

I guess the whole school day was spent dealing with the children's questions about drugs, jail, foster care, etc. I cannot stop thinking about what these poor 5 little kids are and have been going through. I wan't to throttle their parents. Hopefully they will be in prison for a very long time.
Those poor kids. I just hope someone in their lives... a relative or someone, can be a responsible advocate on their behalf. It's so sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Erica...what can I say??? Parents....

They can be so strange, I swear.

I love my mom to death. She is truly a great mom...but...she is one of the most high maintenance people on the earth.

She was coming up here about every 6 months for the longest time, but then those visits got farther apart...and I get it, my grandmother has health issues and my mom also takes care of m niece and nephew alot...she's busy, I get it...but in the past couple of years, we had been going down to see her (in MD) way more often than she came up here....obviously it costs a lot more for four of us to fly down than just one of her to fly up, but whatever. So, maybe you remember the hullabaloo when we got our cat...because she is allergic, and she was in disbelief that we would get a cat when she is allergic....

REALLY?!?!?! Because you hardly come up anyways, and so we are supposed to have a pet free house because you might spend 3-4 days out of the year at our house...um, noooo!

And, what gets me is that when we go down there, she will drag us from relatives house to relatives house even if they have pets....

Obviously I am harboring some resentment here...
Oh, you so made me Well, of course, it only makes sense that you should not get an animal based on infrequently-visiting family member's allergies! How silly of you.



Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

...
I had the same kind of grandparents though, so I know how it feels. My dad parent's forgot more of my birthdays than they remembered. Yet they would always have big family birthday parties for my dad's brother's kids. They even went as far as buying more Christmas gifts for them and letting them open them in front of me, and my siblings. They liked my brother and sister a little more than me. The only reasons for our treatment was they weren't happy my dad married my mom. They wanted him to marry the woman his younger brother ended up getting married (and later) divorced to. Then my only crime was to look like my mom's side of the family and not their side.
That is just plain awful.
Missoutandabout is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #3095
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Erica...what can I say??? Parents....

They can be so strange, I swear.

I love my mom to death. She is truly a great mom...but...she is one of the most high maintenance people on the earth.

She was coming up here about every 6 months for the longest time, but then those visits got farther apart...and I get it, my grandmother has health issues and my mom also takes care of m niece and nephew alot...she's busy, I get it...but in the past couple of years, we had been going down to see her (in MD) way more often than she came up here....obviously it costs a lot more for four of us to fly down than just one of her to fly up, but whatever. So, maybe you remember the hullabaloo when we got our cat...because she is allergic, and she was in disbelief that we would get a cat when she is allergic....

REALLY?!?!?! Because you hardly come up anyways, and so we are supposed to have a pet free house because you might spend 3-4 days out of the year at our house...um, noooo!

And, what gets me is that when we go down there, she will drag us from relatives house to relatives house even if they have pets....

Obviously I am harboring some resentment here...
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
OMG, I just looked at Stevens's card.....she even dated it 2/12/13.....why not lie and date it 12/25/12 and say she forgot or something.



Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Wouldn't it be nice if we could just stick difficult parents (and grandparents) on an island? Kind of like The Island of Misfit Toys. It'll be The Island of PITA Parents & Grandparents.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11 I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!!
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #3096
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Wouldn't it be nice if we could just stick difficult parents (and grandparents) on an island? Kind of like The Island of Misfit Toys. It'll be The Island of PITA Parents & Grandparents.
Can I buy 2 first class tickets? One for my dad and one for my MIL?
Missoutandabout is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #3097
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Thanks so much for listening, ladies.
Anytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Oooooo, until the first week of June? As much as I'd LOVE to see Stormtroopers overrunning HS, the thought of those crowds makes me . It does make me though.
We went to DHS the last Friday of SWW and crowds were way smaller than I feared. Heck, the DH and oldest DS has less than a 10 minutes wait for Star Tours. I think I had a longer wait to get this picture made.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Yep, you are spot on. I called my mother right after the lovely phone call to my dad. That's exactly what I said to her... all he wants to hear is that someone agrees with him. Unfortunately it won't be me.

See... we just don't do big fancy parties for Miss M. No bouncy castles or loads of friends (because frankly, the idea of that makes my head hurt). I mean, we spoil her rotten with presents, normally take her out to the zoo and lunch and I get to flex my baking prowess with making her a nice cake -- but nothing spectacular. We usually keep it low-key and only invite my parents. So, I know that she'll be especially disappointed to find out they won't be coming if they (my dad) can't be grown ups about it.
We don't do the big parties for our kids either. Just a low key dinner with the inlaws and a weekend lunch with my family. Then we'll take them out to dinner and to a movie on the weekend before or after their birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
That is just plain awful.
Yeah, it was. When she passed I was late to her funeral, like walked in late during it, because "I have a preemie less than two months old". Nope, was totally on purpose. I was so proud of myself when the pastor went on and on about what an amazing mother/grandmother she was. The few giggles that got away from me, I was able to make sound like crying.

Oh, I wish y'all could smell my kitchen. It smells amazing!! I have a big pot of Chicken Tortilla soup on the stove top.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11 I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!!
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #3098
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Can I buy 2 first class tickets? One for my dad and one for my MIL?
first class We'll stick 'em in a cargo plane.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11 I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!!
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #3099
Rorey
Mouseketeer
 
Rorey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 290

Hello all! I feel like i need to join this thread desperately, because every time I join any of resort specific thread I start to change my mind on said resort! I'm driving my husband crazy at the moment.

The specs:

We want to go to WDW Dec. 5thto the 14th. I can not for the life of me figure out where to stay!

We want PH for 10 days as we're planning to land in Orlando by noon the day of arrival and leave around 6pm the last day.

First option was POR, which I thought would be great, but then came the "possible" news of no more FD or the reduced QS FD only, which we are TS people (DH and I). So that bumped our trip past the $$ limit I wanted.

Second option was ok we'll stay at Pop and pay for dining OOP (since it's rumored Value won't get any FD whatsoever.

Then I see our dates are blocked for the BB most likely due to Pop Warner that week.

So what do I do today? Go look on what it would cost to rent DVC points and it's actually only $300 more to rent DVC and buy PH from UT then it is for rack rate at Pop with PH.

But I can't pull the trigger, the thought of being locked in scared the be-geezers out of me for some reason. Even though I would LOVE to stay at WL and everything plan-wise would fit perfectly staying at WL.

I think part of it is I've never rented DVC points before, but am I a total nutcase?

Does all of the above qualify me as a resort changer? lol
__________________

**Becky**
Beach Club - October 2011, AoA and ASMo - December 2013, Yacht Club - August 2014
Numerous visits to Disneyland
Rorey is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #3100
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran
 
Grumpy Grandma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SACRAMENTO CA
Posts: 3,317

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
First, Missyou are right....Linda you need to watch the Halloween Horror Nights, it is a huge draw and people usually come for the whole day for that. And it is MOST nights in October. I actually just saw an article about tourism being way UP in Orlando too You may want to reconsider the hotels with the express pass.

Second, HUGE HUGS to you Miss!!! I am so sorry your parents are doing this to you and Miss M It just is not right. Maybe you can talk to your mom and she can talk some sense into your dad

If it makes you feel any better my kids just got their Christmas cards and gifts from MIL (she refuses to acknowledge that they dont celebrate Christmas and only Hanukkah) in the mail YESTERDAY Last time I checked we are pretty far into February, she could have at least changed them to Valentine's Day presents

Hang in there! I'll post my drink latter so we can we start Happy Hour

Melissa
I thought the Halloween Nights were only on the weekend .... guess I better check that out. Thanks I appreciate the advise.
__________________
Grumpy Grandma is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #3101
babyberger
DIS Veteran
 
babyberger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,797

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma

I thought the Halloween Nights were only on the weekend .... guess I better check that out. Thanks I appreciate the advise.
Here are the 2012 dates....

HHN 2012 event dates & times
Event dates
September: 21, 22, 27, 28, 29, 30

October: 4, 5, 6, 7, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 31


I'll be back in a bit to comment on the "special island" lol!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
My Recent Deluxe Splurge Sept 2012 - YC, Oct 2012 - WL, Dec 2012 - CR CL, Feb 2013 - CR TPV
Starting the weekend trips again!

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds


Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #3102
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorey View Post
Hello all! I feel like i need to join this thread desperately, because every time I join any of resort specific thread I start to change my mind on said resort! I'm driving my husband crazy at the moment.

The specs:

We want to go to WDW Dec. 5thto the 14th. I can not for the life of me figure out where to stay!

We want PH for 10 days as we're planning to land in Orlando by noon the day of arrival and leave around 6pm the last day.

First option was POR, which I thought would be great, but then came the "possible" news of no more FD or the reduced QS FD only, which we are TS people (DH and I). So that bumped our trip past the $$ limit I wanted.

Second option was ok we'll stay at Pop and pay for dining OOP (since it's rumored Value won't get any FD whatsoever.

Then I see our dates are blocked for the BB most likely due to Pop Warner that week.

So what do I do today? Go look on what it would cost to rent DVC points and it's actually only $300 more to rent DVC and buy PH from UT then it is for rack rate at Pop with PH.

But I can't pull the trigger, the thought of being locked in scared the be-geezers out of me for some reason. Even though I would LOVE to stay at WL and everything plan-wise would fit perfectly staying at WL.

I think part of it is I've never rented DVC points before, but am I a total nutcase?

Does all of the above qualify me as a resort changer? lol
Well the good news is if you are, so are all of us. I've stayed at the WL, but never the VWL. I love the WL!! Honestly, if the DS were no so excited about the SAB at the BC, I would switch to the WL. Not to tempt you any more, but have you seen the pictures of the WL at Christmas-time?
Here are some links to WL pic threads that have some great Christmas shots..
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1717127
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3013910
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1105321
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11 I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!!
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #3103
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorey
Hello all! I feel like i need to join this thread desperately, because every time I join any of resort specific thread I start to change my mind on said resort! I'm driving my husband crazy at the moment.

The specs:

We want to go to WDW Dec. 5thto the 14th. I can not for the life of me figure out where to stay!

We want PH for 10 days as we're planning to land in Orlando by noon the day of arrival and leave around 6pm the last day.

First option was POR, which I thought would be great, but then came the "possible" news of no more FD or the reduced QS FD only, which we are TS people (DH and I). So that bumped our trip past the $$ limit I wanted.

Second option was ok we'll stay at Pop and pay for dining OOP (since it's rumored Value won't get any FD whatsoever.

Then I see our dates are blocked for the BB most likely due to Pop Warner that week.

So what do I do today? Go look on what it would cost to rent DVC points and it's actually only $300 more to rent DVC and buy PH from UT then it is for rack rate at Pop with PH.

But I can't pull the trigger, the thought of being locked in scared the be-geezers out of me for some reason. Even though I would LOVE to stay at WL and everything plan-wise would fit perfectly staying at WL.

I think part of it is I've never rented DVC points before, but am I a total nutcase?

Does all of the above qualify me as a resort changer? lol
my dear every word you've written is pure resort changer. Although our hubbies think we may be crazy..It's Disney crazy and that's not bad. There's no shame to our game.

I understand what you mean about an incredible deal but not wanting to be locked in...vwl is a beautiful resort..and the WL Queen in our very own amazing Kook !!!

Mama Linda loves them. Only 300 more..decorated for Christmas...ugh. So tempting.....
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #3104
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

Oh ladies..momma drama..don't even get me started. Mine thankfully lives 8 hours away...ugh

She was a role model alright. How NOT to parent!!!

from the back of an ambulance
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #3105
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Oh ladies..momma drama..don't even get me started. Mine thankfully lives 8 hours away...ugh

She was a role model alright. How NOT to parent!!!

from the back of an ambulance

Wait a sec....I hope you don't mean "from the back of an abulance" as in your in one right now (or when you posted). Is everything ok? Does every one in your family have all their pieces/ parts in the correct location and unbroken?


__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11 I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!!
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.