Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
Sgt Mickey
I will always remember where I was that day
I am defiantly going to attempt as many as I can
I thought I had never up there but I think I erased it and my brain went somewhere else

When was Monster Inc released on blu ray?

Before this past Tues?
I didn't think I had it on blu ray and I went and bought it and I have ALREADY opened it and put it my movie reward points. SO today I am putting away that and Peter Pan with my other Disney movies and guess what I found. Another copy of Monsters Inc on blu ray.
I don't even remember buying it.
Sgt Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
Sgt Mickey
I thought I had never up there but I think I erased it and my brain went somewhere else

Not one in 52 people know
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 06:43 PM   #3
tvguy
Question anything the facts don't support.

I typed your question in Google. According to Amazon, November 10 2009.
Google is your friend.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
Sgt Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy View Post
I typed your question in Google. According to Amazon, November 10 2009.
Google is your friend.
I thought Diser's were my friends
Old 02-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #5
lizabu
DIS Veteran

I have to double check all the time because I can never remember which movies I already have and which ones I don't. They rerelease them after a few years and its hard to remember. Plus I think it has something to do with I had a big collection of Disney VHS movies and then my VCR broke and I decided to switch to DVD. I sent all the VHS tapes to my Moms for the kids to watch when they were over there. So then I will think I bought a movie which I did but on VHS and not on DVD.

So when you entered the code did it work? Maybe you can sell the movie if you already had it? I don't think you can bring back something like that once its open but I'm not sure.
lizabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #6
MotifNumberOne
Mouseketeer

MotifNumberOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:42 AM   #7
Sgt Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabu View Post
I have to double check all the time because I can never remember which movies I already have and which ones I don't. They rerelease them after a few years and its hard to remember. Plus I think it has something to do with I had a big collection of Disney VHS movies and then my VCR broke and I decided to switch to DVD. I sent all the VHS tapes to my Moms for the kids to watch when they were over there. So then I will think I bought a movie which I did but on VHS and not on DVD.

So when you entered the code did it work? Maybe you can sell the movie if you already had it? I don't think you can bring back something like that once its open but I'm not sure.
It did. I wonder if because one if a platinum edition and one isn't. I need some kind of system so when I go to buy a movie I have a spread out sheet
Old 02-22-2013, 08:44 AM   #8
Sgt Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotifNumberOne View Post
Gee thanks.

Honestly I was hoping not for a date but more like hey yay remember it was also released with such and such or I remember when it released because they had a give away. Something to jog my memory of buying it.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #9
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Sgt. Mickey I know where you're coming from. I saw a commercial for Monsters Inc blu-ray and thought--wait a minute--I already have that on blu-ray. I don't have 3D capability so I didn't purchase the new edition.

I was surprised recently when I discovered some titles that got released on blu-ray that I knew nothing about. Among them Treasure Planet and Pocohontas. How'd I miss those?

Also, I noticed that there are more Disney titles coming on 3/12: Mulan, Roger Rabbit, and...one more I'm forgetting right now.

With physical media declining in popularity I'm guesing that we'll see all the critical titles released on blu ray soon. Disney doesn't like to miss an opportunity to sell something multiple times.
Micca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #10
Sgt Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micca View Post
Sgt. Mickey I know where you're coming from. I saw a commercial for Monsters Inc blu-ray and thought--wait a minute--I already have that on blu-ray. I don't have 3D capability so I didn't purchase the new edition.

I was surprised recently when I discovered some titles that got released on blu-ray that I knew nothing about. Among them Treasure Planet and Pocohontas. How'd I miss those?

Also, I noticed that there are more Disney titles coming on 3/12: Mulan, Roger Rabbit, and...one more I'm forgetting right now.

With physical media declining in popularity I'm guesing that we'll see all the critical titles released on blu ray soon. Disney doesn't like to miss an opportunity to sell something multiple times.
I didn't know Treasure Planet came out. BUT Pochohontas was recent I know it wasn't that long ago I bought it. I did start going to movie stop and they will tell me all the disney movies coming out. Brother Bear and The Hunchback of Notre Dame will also be released then. AND A little Mermaid I think they said this summer?
Old 02-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #11
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Hunchback! That's the third one I was thinking of along with Roger Rabbit and Mulan. Hunchback is a seriously overlooked movie--the animation is brilliant and the music is excellent. Brother Bear...I have the DVD. While it has its moments, I don't know that a blu-ray upgrade is a must for me on that title. Mermaid & Aladdin are two major films not upgraded yet. Tarzan and Hercules are second tier movies that may never make it to blu-ray.
Micca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #12
Sgt Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micca View Post
Hunchback! That's the third one I was thinking of along with Roger Rabbit and Mulan. Hunchback is a seriously overlooked movie--the animation is brilliant and the music is excellent. Brother Bear...I have the DVD. While it has its moments, I don't know that a blu-ray upgrade is a must for me on that title. Mermaid & Aladdin are two major films not upgraded yet. Tarzan and Hercules are second tier movies that may never make it to blu-ray.
The Brother Bear blu ray will have 1 and 2 on it. Not that 2 is that great but

I like Tarzan pretty cute. BUt I can't wait for Aladdin. I love Robin Williams in it.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #13
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

I just bought Monsters Inc on Blu Ray on Wed. I havent' opened it, thank goodness, because I bet I have it too. It's one of my favorites.
I'm going to text my son and have him go look.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #14
Sgt Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
I just bought Monsters Inc on Blu Ray on Wed. I havent' opened it, thank goodness, because I bet I have it too. It's one of my favorites.
I'm going to text my son and have him go look.
The funny thing I I bought it called my husband I bought it he didn't say anything. I made the discovery and I told him and he said oh I know we had it. Welll why didn't you say anything before oh I thought it was a different one.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #15
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Thank you so much for posting this, I do have it already too LOL!!! Now I can take back the one I just bought! What a dummy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: